(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eemichael83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4771 5 years ago

Should be taking delivery of my first pin, #527, early next week!

#4809 5 years ago

And there she sits! And it is sitting because holy crap is it heavy. After trying to get it up one step with a dolly, I decided it was better to have some professional movers come get it upstairs. So I'll have to wait another day or two before playing my first game

IMG_1802 (resized).jpgIMG_1802 (resized).jpg
#4825 5 years ago

Nobody ever complained about too many pics right? I have had an issue with the 7-segment displays for scoring not working properly but spooky is sending some replacement parts to fix. In the meantime... this game is super addictive!

IMG_1807 (resized).jpgIMG_1807 (resized).jpgIMG_1808 (resized).jpgIMG_1808 (resized).jpgIMG_1817_2 (resized).jpgIMG_1817_2 (resized).jpg
#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks like you carried that upstairs!
Nice room!!

Haha, if only I was that strong! Even on a dolly I couldn't manage to pull it up one step. I called up a local moving company and they sent out two big guys that picked it up like it was nothing. I was pretty amazed.

#4858 5 years ago

So I adjusted the monitor settings to 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On, as someone else had mentioned a few pages back and what a difference that makes! I no longer feel like it needs the screen upgrade. I also swapped out the power supply fan with a Noctua NF-A6.25 FLX and that made a pretty big difference in the noise. It's not inaudible in a quiet room like I had hoped, but it is a big improvement.

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Those Noctua fans are awesome! I am totally buying that if you say it is a quiet fan. The fan noise in the game has become more annoying to me over time.
As for the display calibration, where do you access that?

I think it is probably about as quiet as it could be for a fan that small. I think to get any quieter, you'd have to get a larger fan that was spinning much slower in order to move the same air. I almost got the Vantec Stealth SF6025L that someone else had mentioned but it only moves 12 CFM of air and the factory fan moves 22-23 CFM. The Noctua moves just over 17 CFM at the same 20dBA as the Vantec. Since the power supply isn't any where near maxed out, I think it will be plenty for keeping it cool. The only thing I had to do was cut the 3-pin connector off the Noctua (cut the yellow wire out completely) and solder on the 2-pin connector from the original/factory fan onto the Noctua.

#4884 5 years ago

I think you should be able to tell if your game is affected by the issue by whether or not the artwork goes under the posts or is shaped around them. In the pics that Marvello posted, you can see the artwork extends under the posts. In the image I posted, you can see that the artwork goes around the posts.

IMG_1872 (resized).jpgIMG_1872 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4972 5 years ago

Is there a chart or reference for size and number of each of the rubbers in this game? I'm probably going to need some of the main slingshot rubbers soon but thought I might go ahead and get at least one full set of everything with a few extra of the ones more prone to wear.

1 week later
#5003 5 years ago

So tonight I cleaned and waxed the playfield and plastics for the first time. I also went ahead and replaced the balls and some of the rubbers. Since they were cheap, I had bought red and purple post sleeves in addition to the standard clear to try out and see what they look like. This time around, I put on purple and I kinda like it!

IMG_1980 (resized).jpgIMG_1980 (resized).jpg
#5013 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Is there replacement playfields available from spooky? Maybe there is a way to meet in the middle on rectifying the situation? Set a fair price on getting a replacement? Not sure what it looks like but it's a crappy situation for both sides. I also thought they said they isolated the issue to a certain batch. Could be wrong

I've noticed that on the newer runs, the graphics are designed to wrap around the posts rather than running under them. I've got 6-700 plays on mine now with the updated playfield graphics and so far I've had no issues.

IMG_1982 (resized).jpgIMG_1982 (resized).jpg
#5016 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Which production number is your TNA?

#5120 5 years ago

Now that I'm able to post again (couldn't when the thread was hot), just wanted to say I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pin from Spooky again. I originally had some issues with my scoring displays not working properly and contacted Spooky about it a few times trying to resolve what the issue was. If I sent an email, I got a response, sometimes a call, within 10 minutes every. damn. time. At one point, Scott even called me to troubleshoot what the issue was and he was ultimately able to reproduce what I was experiencing and provide a solution. Where the hell else are you going to get that?! BTW @thenotrashcougar, we've already got like 650 games on this thing between the wife and I in the 6 weeks we've had it... we may have a TNA problem...

1 week later
#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Recently joined the TNA club.
I tired to improve the view of the LCD screen. I found the buttons on the back and got brightness turned down but couldn't figure out how to get to contrast in the menu to adjust that. ??
Also, someone told me that somebody might make a spacer so the LCD screen could be tipped back at an angle to make the screen perform or view better.
Can somebody point me to someone that has made such an angled spacer if they are available ?
Thanks

Before you try adding spacers to adjust the screen angle, you should at least give adjusting the screen settings another try. I adjusted mine to 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On, and it looks about like it would if you were looking at the screen straight on before making those changes. It actually looks quite good. I can't imagine that having gaps on each side of the screen from trying to angle it up looking all that good.

You should be able to adjust the settings by hitting the menu button and then you scroll through the different setting options with left/right. Exit/Select will allow you to select or toggle the setting (in the case of Gamma). For ones that you select like contrast, use left/right again to adjust. I don't remember exactly which one, but I think I remember one of the settings being buried one or two deep in the menu so you may have to try several menu options before finding them all.

IMG_1859 (resized).jpgIMG_1859 (resized).jpg
#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

And if you're not taking a drink, I suggest the following while you are waiting the "reactor start up sequence":
1. Take two steps back from the machine
2. Do a little boxer "bob and weave" move.
3. Hop twice
4. Crane your neck left and right while evaluating your opponent prior to a battle - like in all those kung fu movies
5. Take two steps forward
6. Dip you head.
7. Resume game.

8. Hit both flipper buttons to skip reactor start up sequence and get to playin'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eemichael83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=eemichael83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.