(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duffysarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8447 1 year ago

Not too many come up for sale over here. When Spooky does the re-release TNA will def be my first NIB!

1 month later
#8516 1 year ago

Hey Scott, @TheNoTrashCougar, Are there any differences between the exported versions of TNA and the North American versions??

Is an export-version of TNA able to be "jumpered" to run on 120v? I live in Europe and I plan on buying a TNA in the next run, but I'll probably move back to CONUS in the next 5 years, so not sure if I should buy one over here or in the US...Thanks!!

2 months later
#8737 1 year ago

Ordered!!!!!!!!!!!

#8753 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'M IN!
Not many units ever made it to Australia, and this has been on my to buy list for over 3 years!
So excited to have my name one one

Will you handle the Int'l shipping yourself, or do you work with a broker? Todd Tuckey mentioned IQ Global before but it looks like they don't do door-to-door Int'l shipping anymore.

#8774 1 year ago

Of course the credit card flagged the purchase....was anticipating that to happen. Took 15 seconds to fix....and got order #66 for my trouble (1702 hrs). Still happy!

Selling my #BlackHole and #Creature to fund it. I'm happy with that trade.

I wonder how many are left??

#8817 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

People have been screaming for us to bring back TNA for years but there never seems to be time.

Wanted to be able to produce a really cool custom version of TNA for the die hard fans of the game that missed out the first time.

Count me as one of the die-hards that's been waiting to buy a TNA for myself for years! I REALLY appreciate you guys doing the re-run!!

Thank you!

#8821 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wait.. this morning?

0801 his time yesterday. (Pacific Time Zone).

I'm #66 and I was 1002 CST

1 week later
2 weeks later
#9007 1 year ago

Well, my buddy is order #1 so I'll let you know when he hears about shipping and payment.

#9014 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddyrockstar:

So how do people know what number machine they are getting? I ordered the day the CE was available to non-club members. My order number is 13133 and on a different thread somewhere someone mentioned their order number and machine number but the two did not match.
Who here has the most recent order? Curious how close Spooky is to selling out.

Looks like you are machine #161 in line based on the difference between our order numbers. Squirrel sent an email to me a day after I placed the order with my machine position.

1 week later
#9092 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yup. Got invoice right now...Crazy rates these days. Quoted $765

Can't wait for my quote to Germany!

2 weeks later
#9207 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Wait what? I'm CE #2 and have not heard of anything regards to shipping. I wonder if they plan to do a bulk shipment for the first wave?
I'm being patient as I have a space problem with this machine.... Cannot wait to have "the talk" with the wife. haha

My buddy is #1 (I'm #66) and we just got our payment invoices today. Both are heading overseas together hopefully by next week per Morgan.

2 weeks later
#9420 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

IK just paid in full for number 92. Total cost is $10,039.70 so that should include shipping and tax since the price for the pin is listed at $8995.

Ouch!

I got my shipping estimate yesterday to Germany (for me and a buddy's machine) and it seems as if it'll be around $750 for each of us. With no taxes I made out cheaper than some folks within the US. Shipping costs to the west coast seem to be especially pricey!

1 week later
#9511 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Well #32 had some fork lift damage and I refused shipment from R&L. Spooky packs very good but it still damaged one side. So the wait continues!

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Did the forklift forks spear the box?

#1 & #66 are finally headed to Germany. I am just a bit worried about damage...but I paid $60 extra for insurance so I should be okay either way.

#9528 1 year ago

Hey I have a question for you guys who've already gotten your machines. My buddy and I will be picking our machines up at our nearby customs office in hopefully about 2 1/2 weeks. Since we both have minivans we are planning to remove the box and take the pins off the pallets to fit into our vehicles. The customs office has told up that it's no problem to do this at their warehouse....we just have to remove the pallets and packing materials. But I'm wondering how much packing we have to content with? I'm very experienced with loading pins in/out of my van and normally leave them strapped to my appliance dolly as I do it. Ive never had a NIB pin before...Is there anything special to be aware of?

#9553 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Just saw a Facebook post about the backglass (original vs CE) and it seems the new ones look a lot more washed out. Anyone notice this?[quoted image]

#9560 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Ooof… yeah, your quote will shut me up in a second.

Finally got my total shipping costs for sending my TNA to Germany. Game is being trucked from Spooky to Halifax, NS, then onto a container ship to Hamburg, Germany, then delivery down to our nearby customs office...$945. This also includes $60 for transport insurance.

This is pretty reasonable IMO. I did save some $$ because two of us are shipping our machines together.

#9600 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

It looks good to me!
[quoted image]

That looks good. Much better than some others that I've seen here lately. I've got #1 & #66 heading this way and I'm worried we're going to get washed out glasses...

1 month later
#9960 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Is there a schematic available for TNA?

There's a manual of sorts...but no wiring diagram yet AFAIK. I might be willing to help draw one...if I EVER get my machine!

1 week later
#10052 1 year ago

Sorry for posting in multiple forums...

CE #1 here...just arrived today...BROKE!

-Every coil controlled by the PD-16 board running to connector "A5-xxx" are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Backbox GI, Beacon, Shaker Motor, upper flipper, etc.
(Checked all fuses and reseated connectors on the PD-16 boards in the backbox)

- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.

Anyone have any ideas? Just a wee bit frustrated after waiting for months...

20230103_204537 (resized).jpg20230103_204537 (resized).jpg

#10055 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:FYI... The two P3 boards in the backbox can be swapped for troubleshooting purposes. Just make sure the dip-switch positions are swapped as well, so be sure to take pictures.

Thanks! I swapped the boards and the problem moved. Looks like a bad P-3 board. I've emailed Spooky

#10061 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Whew.!.
Here is another one. Basic schematic for SW-16 (#0), coin door area, flippers..etc
(also - since someone posted the sub box opened - I was able to redo one of the power distribution schematics)
As always - <Use With Caution>[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm printing these as you make them and have bound myself together an actual paper manual. Thanks for your effort and kindness to offer it to the rest of us!

#10082 1 year ago

A follow-up so far on CE#1's malfunctions and Spooky's customer service. Issue #1: Multiple coils stopped working after 2-3 games. Coils are controlled by one of the two PD-16 boards in the backbox, and all coils being operated by one of these boards are inoperative. Upon close inspection of the PD-16 board, after boot-up the D14 Watchdog LED remains lit (which is abnormal). Nearby, there I found a blown SMD IC on the board at position U2. I'm trying to identify what it is (printed code: QA AM JW). Spooky has agreed to ship a replacement PD-16 board. If I can identify the type of SMD component it is, I may attempt to fix the board. Looks like possibly it's a Linear Voltage Regulator in a SOT-23-5 package.
Issue #2: The score displays are all inoperative. The board is getting 5v (polarity was correct when the game arrived) and the USB connections from the Pi to the Arduino Nano are secure. Spooky is shipping a replacement score display.
Issue #3: The backglass is washed out. Spooky sending a replacement.
Issue #4: The metal tab in the shooter lane is missing: Spooky is sending the part.

Overall, AJ was very helpful yesterday, quick to reply to my messages, and promised a quick shipment of the parts. My buddy Boosterfive also got his CE#66, so I have been able to at least play his game a bit, as well as using for visually comparative troubleshooting.

Photos of the blown (and unblown) SMD component if anyone would be able to help ID it.

20230104_171928 (resized).jpg20230104_171928 (resized).jpg20230104_175154 (resized).jpg20230104_175154 (resized).jpg20230104_170125 (resized).jpg20230104_170125 (resized).jpg

#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Wow... That is just unfortunate events, but at least Spooky was quickly responsive to your claims. I'm TNA CE #2 and did not experience any of these hardware failures. I wonder during the shipping process could impact your issues, but hard to think so with these kind of hardware failures. Unless a certain connector was loose that provides the board sufficient power to operate? Just wondering...
All I had was cosmetic issues with my art decals. Glad I did not get Butter. Hopefully your Backglass comes in one piece on the first shot. Mine was a broken puzzle, but Spooky's 2nd replacement worked out.
Soon... You will be flipping this sweet game in your own home.

It's hard to know what the root cause of the problems are. Voltages check out fine (5.3v, 12.4v, & 48-ish volts). I verified polarity of the wire harnesses and everything looks fine. My buddy's #66 was shipped here along with mine (2 separate pallets) and had no problems or damage (other than a faded backglass). Another thing I noticed is that the tilt bob brackets were mounted completely misaligned (no biggie). Just took a few minutes to re-mount it properly. Who inspected your machine #2?

#10087 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

You know.. I never put my tilt bob on. How did you know it was not mounted correctly? Was it because you know your standard placement of the tilt bob and realized it would not let you insert it to that position without the tilt being triggered instantly?

On my machine the lower bracket is too low/upper bracket too high to allow the tilt bob to be attached.

On my buddy's machine the lower bracket was mounted too far aft. Because of where they put the screw, no amount of adjustment would allow the tilt bob to sit in the middle of the lower ring. Simple fix in both cases. Just drill a new hole and remount the lower ring.

#10130 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Well speak of the devil! #116 just arrived! Tracking shows it's still several hundred miles away, but this works![quoted image]

That is awesome! Update us on the mechanical condition. Glad to see no holes in the cardboard anyway!

#10144 1 year ago

Okay, mine does not.
To be clear when I shoot the left orbit and rip the spinner (so awesome) and when the ball returns back through the right orbit. It almost always hits the top of the right sling. I’ve played about 50 games on it so far and it’s only returned to the right flipper a couple times.
When I get home from work I will move my machine back to where it will stay and level it. See if that changes anything.
Otherwise, can I adjust the rail at all? Without having to bend anything.
TIA

I was having the opposite problem with the left orbit. The ball would glance off the rubber ring at the bottom of the metal orbit guide. After loosening the nut and twice moving it inward as far as it would go, I found it was still hitting the rubber. A closer look revealed that the metal guide was actually bent outwards (not perpendicular to the pf). I ended having to bend the rail so it was 90 degrees to the pf and now all is working perfectly.

#10168 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

No clue because the replacement board they sent melted so haven't been able to turn it on or play it since.

Are you having issues with the PD-16 coil driver board? It sounds like we are having similar problems. My machine (s/n #1) worked for about 5 games, then the PD-16 board on the bottom failed. It controls the backbox lighting so immediately we saw that go out and knew something was up. Upon closer inspection I found a burned up SMD component at position U2 (linear voltage regulator?). Also, the D14 LED remains lit after bootup which is part of the voltage watchdog circuit. If this lamp stays on it disables the entire board (according to the Multimorphic documentation). That watchdog is looking at voltages on the board at bootup and should go out after a few seconds.

If your voltages are all correct on the machine (5v, 12v, and 48v at the board), you can turn ON jumper #6 on the board and disable the watchdog routine and it should allow the board to boot and operate normally. This is in the documentation that Multimorphic has on their website for the PD-16 board. This didnt make my board work, but it might work for you.

When I removed the lower PD-16 from my machine, put it on the bench and began testing components I also found that one of the N-Channel MOSFETs appeared to be blown. This MOSFET drives pin #5 on the left side big commector (Drop Target #2 Raise Coil).

I swapped the good board on my machine into the other position and everything operated normally, which leads me to suspect a faulty board and not a wiring or voltage problem. Replacements have arrived today so lets see what happens...

Maybe all of this helps you out. Sorry you are also having issues. It must be very frustrating.
I've attached a photo of the bad board and good board on my machine for comparison.

20230104_171919 (resized).jpg20230104_171919 (resized).jpg20230104_172651 (resized).jpg20230104_172651 (resized).jpg

#10170 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

[quoted image]

Holy crap!

Did Spooky send you a replacement board? Or did this happen to the replacement board?

How are your voltages? Mine were set a bit on the high side at the factory.

#10195 1 year ago

Happy to report that CE #1 is finally fully operational thanks to the great customer service from AJ at Spooky!
The PD-16 board fixed the coil issues, the new score display works perfectly, and the replacement backglass looks beautiful.
After some adjustments and playfield waxing the game plays great :

20230113_225136 (resized).jpg20230113_225136 (resized).jpg
#10199 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Congrats… finally, CE’s #1 and #2 are operational!!
Wait.. don’t new machines already come waxed? Just asking a newb question on NIB machines.
Are you just playing it safe knowing you know you did the waxing?

I found some very small metal flakes on the pf bottom when making some adjustments so I decided to clean and wax it all. I'm not sure where they came from. Could have been from the manufacture of the machines.

Also my first NIB but mine didn't appear to be waxed.

#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody got a def answer on this? ........are gates supposed to raise when you shoot around the orbit?

AFAIK that gates are always raised except if you have started a reactor. Then depending on which orbit lane is lit, the opposite gate should be down to keep the ball trapped at the top so it can fall into the CORE.

#10264 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That seems logical. The display is getting data from the previous digit via the bridge.

@Ipeters82 any idea what would cause a total display failure? Spooky already sent me a replacement, but Id like to try and fix the one that came with my machine. I checked for bridged solder points and all seems well. Tried swapping the display driver ICs around. No joy. Arduino Nano has a solid red light. Maybe I need to re-flash it?

3 weeks later
#10481 1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed that the end-of-stroke switches for the flippers are wired to nothing? Was this an oversight by Spooky? Or does the Multimorphic flipper system not depend on EOS switches? And if so, why did Spooky spend the $$ to install them?

During a recent video I made for my YT channel I mention it @ 16:10

TNA EOS (resized).pngTNA EOS (resized).png
#10483 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

No they don't use them.
PWM changes to simulate that switch.
Computer controller flippers
Power sent to flippers at full strength for a split second (Pulse Width controller), then PWM signal changes to reduce power same as a physical switch would do.

Makes sense. Thanks! I suppose that's how coil power can be adjusted via the menus?

#10486 1 year ago

I left the club as of yesterday.
I’m going to be honest here so hopefully I don’t get any downvotes for that.
I will definitely miss Scott’s masterpiece that I’ve been wanting to own for years. The game is amazing and I would have loved to keep it. But, with the issues I had from right out of the box and the current build quality. It just ruined the ownership experience for me. So as soon as it was all fixed I took the opportunity to trade it for something else.
Spooky was amazing in helping me get it back to working properly again. So kudos to them for that. AJ especially is an awesome dude he genuinely cares and tries to help. I hope they pay him well and appreciate what he does. AJ, if you’re reading this, thank you so much for all your help and support. You are awesome!
I hope Spooky can improve on these games because I really love the themes they acquire and pinball really does needs more than just Stern and JJP. I owned Rick and Morty for two years, almost owned an ACNC and had a spot for Halloween but sold it after playing it. Even after seeing the issues with Halloween I took a chance with TNA because it was a pin I always wanted and the CE looked awesome. I was also looking forward to Scooby Doo because my wife is a huge fan. I did not get a spot for Scooby though. For now… I will just wait and see what they do.

Sorry to hear. What # CE did you have and what did you end up selling it for?

Any idea what you'll be looking for to replace it? Scooby?

1 week later
#10559 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Think I am going to join the club very soon. Anyone have the lighted rail mod they would sale? I’d really like to add that mod but seems to be sold out.

I just installed it about 3 weeks ago and mine is dead silent. It did make a bit of a squeal but after I plugged in the additional hinge light panels the noise disappeared. I also have the brightness turned all the way down to prolong the life, but it is still plenty bright.

#10563 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Where are you finding the light rails still in stock? My google search has failed me

You need to email Hooked on Pinball and get on the list. He is making more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rerun-tna-side-rail-light-kit-need-20-interested-

#10564 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Got my order in for a CE. Wish I could have got one of the originals back when they were cheaper but beyond excited to be able to get one now. Curious if the issues are worked out now with things like the faded back glass or if I will need to be on the lookout for stuff like that upon arrival. I know that some of these have had issues but I think it’s a special enough game that I am willing to work through them.

I have CE #001. A few issues and a faded BG in the beginning. Spooky took care of everything. Machine is 100% now!

1 week later
#10600 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

My game came in today! Got it all set up and everything seems to work great except balls coming out of the left orbit seems to go SDTM a lot of the time. I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere in this thread. I’ll start looking but if anyone knows a quick fix, please chime in. Thanks!

You need to slightly adjust the metal rail at the bottom of the orbit. It is either adjusted too far toward the center, or its not straight. I found that mine was not perpendicular to the playfield and once I straightened it then the ball will land on the left flipper every time.

Congrats on the new machine!

#10613 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I was having the same problem with my CE and bent the rail, which did fix it but the problem returned after a certain number of plays. I think the rail actually does bend back after a bunch of direct hits. I changed the rubber below the rail to a PerfectPlay­ 1" Silicone Rubber Ring and never had the problem again. I think it originally had a 1 1/4" rubber there.
[quoted image]

I used a large adjustable wrench and closed it down on the ball guide where the attachment fitting is and bent it to 90⁰. A had also tried bending it by hand and it didn't work. I was worried the riveted attachment fitting would break when I bent it, but I was lucky.

2 weeks later
#10683 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Hi there , i haven't gone through this entire thread, only a few pages, so of course on the first one, I will answer a question about scott, "yes scott is a genius" this game gives me incredible sensations and when he leaves my home, I would be very sad.
I am not the owner of the game, it was lent to me for a while so that I could make some modifications.
mainly the sides rails.
the game was equipped with light strips found at Hooked on pinball, lighting not very powerful and animation not terrible.
we have designed a program in interaction with the game.
on ignition, small sequence, a kind of neutron simulation revolving around the uranium element which ends up meeting it and causing fission, then, when the reactor is overloaded, the sides turn green in pulsation mode, each mounted by temperature sends information that changes to red, and when the reactor is destroyed, explosion in red then the status goes back to purple in pulsation.
this mod is not plug and play, you have to dig the cabinet, there is a good day's work, the longest being to unplug and locate all the connectors
I made a short video of the installation., it's in french but easy to understand the process
[quoted image][quoted image]

INCREDIBLE! I have to admit...when I saw you plunge into the cabinet with the router I actually cringed a bit...but the finished result is amazing. Are you running it off of an Arduino? How do you trigger each color mode?

Bravo!!

1 week later
#10743 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You can just scratch off the wire coating to expose bare surface.

Exactly.

#10754 1 year ago
Quoted from LooseFlip:

Im a proud TNA CE owner since 1 1/2 week. This machine is awesome! Love the soundtracks, the 80ś Artwork, the whole machine rocks and is running fine. No Problems. Thanks Scott for this fantastic Pin. Please Check my Unboxing Vid. Greetz, Andi

Congrats Andi! Nice to see another TNA CE here in Germany not too far away...for a while it was only me and a buddy in the same village! I hope you had no trouble with the freight forwarder or Zollamt. Our machines came via Halifax, NS -Hamburg...and one had a nice hole through the cardboard...but thankfully no damage.

What serial # is your machine?

4 weeks later
#10951 11 months ago

After playing 400 games on CE#1, I want to say I'm still absolutely blown away by this game. I remain a relatively average player...but I think TNA has improved my gameplay more than any other machine I own. From drop catches, to live catches, to nudges, to dead bounces....TNA has single-handedly helped me play so much better! As you can see in my stats...I still have a LONG way to go!

Thanks again to Scott for designing such an incredible machine which is the centerpiece of my modest collection!

20230428_225905 (resized).jpg20230428_225905 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11001 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Hey all, just curious if anyone out there has come across a rubber ring diagram? I know the operations manual lists a count of each band and their sizes, but nothing I've come across indicating where each is specifically located.
After 250 plays I've got a couple bands on the way out; one looking ready to snap at any given moment. Looking to replace just those couple bands and it'd be cool to know which lengths are needed without having to disassemble and break out the ruler...
(pics for reference)

Yeah, my rubber above the pop looks the same. I tweaked my rail a bit inward to keep it from digging into the rubber ring. If you find the sizes I'd appreciate it!

1 month later
#11211 9 months ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I'm having an issue with the LED lights on the playfield. They randomly light during play, or during attract mode. Sometimes they get "stuck" that way and sometimes they reset themselves. Turning the machine off for a few minutes and back on also sometimes resets them, and sometimes not. It seems to be happening more frequently.
This is during play.
[quoted image]
This is after that game.
[quoted image]
This is after turning it off and back on.
[quoted image]
Spooky told me to download the latest software update which I believe is v1.5.0 from last October. I did that and nothing changed. I was hoping to get some other ideas here. Thanks!
Max

Hopefully Scott will chime in, but I would start by checking/reseating all of the serial bus connectors that go from the P3-ROC (in the backbox) to the PD-LED boards under the playfield. They have small white connectors with a few pins.

1 week later
#11226 9 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

It’s normal. However if someone has a cure please share

I like to turn up the sound higher. That seemed to fix the slight flipper buzz!

2 weeks later
#11282 8 months ago

For all you discerning TNA owners...I have 6 ORIGINAL FS-2 Department of Defense FALLOUT SHELTER signs up for grabs. They are 14" x 10" in size. These were made in 1962 for installation onto public buildings in America, and indicated the location of shelters to be utilized in case of nuclear war with the Soviet Union. These are galvanized metal signs, were designed to be mounted indoors, and were painted with black matte paint and reflective yellow. One of them (#6) has tape on the backside which it was previously mounted with. One of them (#4) has a bit of discoloration, but it looks cool anyway.

They are NOT cheap, Chinese crap reproductions found on Amazon, or at Hobby Lobby. These are the real deal that you likely saw at your school, bank, or public building.

$75 each, shipping via USPS within the USA included. They won't fit into a USPS Priority Box, but I'll find a solution this coming week. I can also ship them within the EU (75 euros, shipping included).

Send me a DM if you're interested in a cool piece of history to hang up next to your TNA. First-come, first served, and specify which one you'd like.
20230730_054535 (resized).jpg20230730_054535 (resized).jpg20230730_054614 (resized).jpg20230730_054614 (resized).jpg20230730_054641 (resized).jpg20230730_054641 (resized).jpg20230730_054703 (resized).jpg20230730_054703 (resized).jpg20230730_054709 (resized).jpg20230730_054709 (resized).jpg20230730_054715 (resized).jpg20230730_054715 (resized).jpg20230730_054727 (resized).jpg20230730_054727 (resized).jpg20230730_054733 (resized).jpg20230730_054733 (resized).jpg

Added 8 months ago:

Edit: Sign #1 is sold.

3 months later
#11541 5 months ago
Quoted from JoeF:

ktcoady12 - see post #11261 - I had the same problem, take plastic off and firmly press down ball guide rails on each side. Worked for me, no problems since.

Yep, I had the same. The ball guides were a bit too high and fooled the optos. Easy fix

#11581 5 months ago

CE #001 has some issues...and I'll ask you guys first about your flipper mechs. I raised the PF to t/s an LED issue and I found tons of brass shavings all over the place. It looks like the coil stops Spooky used on the CEs used a brass spacer or washer in the design and they have all been destroyed on my machine after 450 games. Never seen such a thing on any other game I've owned. Gonna try to swap them out for some WPC flipper parts from my stash....but this is a freaking mess. Metal particles are all over the bottom of my machine and littered around the playfield top & bottom! Not sure if it's what's caused my LEDs to suddenly freak out...but that's another story.

20231117_190646 (resized).jpg20231117_190646 (resized).jpg20231117_190655 (resized).jpg20231117_190655 (resized).jpg20231117_191158 (resized).jpg20231117_191158 (resized).jpg20231117_191649 (resized).jpg20231117_191649 (resized).jpg20231117_191234 (resized).jpg20231117_191234 (resized).jpg20231117_190658 (resized).jpg20231117_190658 (resized).jpg

20231117_190719 (resized).jpg20231117_190719 (resized).jpg20231117_191234 (resized).jpg20231117_191234 (resized).jpg20231117_190705 (resized).jpg20231117_190705 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#11725 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Are those the last of the CEs?

#11737 3 months ago
Quoted from TwentySide:

2. The translight is dim compared to my Sterns. Is there a setting or a lighting kit to improve this? I couldn’t find one.

I think I remember reading that the LED strips used in the CE machines are brighter than those used in the original run. Maybe also ask Spooky for some of the LEDs that they use now. If they can't supply them you can easily source higher density LED strips online and replace them yourself.

At least on my CE machine, I don't recall a setting to dim the backbox LEDs. There is a setting to have them turn OFF during a game, but it doesn't sound like that's the problem your facing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duffysarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=duffysarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.