(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4836 5 years ago

Got my TNA from Spooky a few days ago. Always liked it at shows, and finally had the resources to obtain one. Worked fine straight out of the box. Number 526.

20190218_182121.jpg20190218_182121.jpg
#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Welcome to the club Dennis! I didn't know you had one on order. Enjoy

Somewhat spontaneous due to getting ready to change jobs, freed up some options. Was directed here for the washer discussion, wrote to Spooky but they indicated the recent games don't have the issue. I'd say I'd catch up and read the club but 97 pages is a bit much even for me!

#4851 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you've got the washer fix and you're updated on the latest code (official version is 1.3.0 but there's a beta code on Scott's beta page), then you should be good to go.
If you are feeling particularly motivated, many (including myself) have swapped out the power supply fan for a quieter one. Plus if you don't have one, you really, really, really need to get a shaker. It has the best shaker integration in any pinball game I've played.
Some people have swapped out LCD panels for something that isn't as "washed out" as the stock one, but if you play with the settings on the stock monitor, you should find something that works.
Also if you're having trouble with scoop rejects, bending the scoop down slightly should help a bit, but the scoop is tough to hit from the right flipper.

Thanks for all the information. I do not have the washer fix installed (I was informed my playfield is a late run where they changed what the problem was), but I suppose I can add them on if folks think that is wise. KT told me she's going to mail the washers for the high-traffic areas tomorrow (I assume I can just refer to this thread to know which posts are the problem children).

I did notice the fan power supply was, well, noticeable. Is that just installing a different model fan I take it? I've done that for computers before when the fans start to fail on power supplies. I don't notice it so much when a game is going, but definitely do when it is sitting idle.

I do not have a shaker. I'll consider it (I'm not normally super excited about shaker motors, nice but optional is my typical view). I am interested in what you said about the monitor as I did find it very washed out (I really only had location Sterns to compare it to, but I was very surprised at how faint it looked). I'll mess with the settings and see what I can get going with that.

I'll experiment more with the scoops. I think I just brick the shot mostly (often from the left). I'm still adjusting the power settings on the coils to try and find something comfortable without seeming excessive.

Thanks for all the suggestions, they are very helpful!

#4889 5 years ago

Noticed a discoloration around my left scoop this evening that was not there originally. I can't feel anything when I touch it (smooth as the rest of the scoop parameter). Bubble under the clear coat? Wasn't sure if I should do anything about it or if it's just cosmetic. Photo included.

20190302_220621 (resized).jpg20190302_220621 (resized).jpg
#4891 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hmm, I have pretty much the exact same discoloration in the same spot. I received mine about two weeks ago.

Same, game arrived from Spooky in late February.

#4896 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The clear has lifted off the paint there due to a ball impact. It will eventually chip off.
My TNA scoop has some wear directly on top edges but it’s more gradual/localized.
I’d recommend covering the area around the hole with some mylar to protect it and to seal the chip in (though you’ll never be able to remove the mylar without taking the chip off too).
Maybe talk to Spooky first and see what they suggest.

Thanks for the feedback.

Spooky recommended a Cliffy protector for that scoop once it is released as best solution (I've reached out to Cliffy to see if there is an ETA on that; I checked his site before the game arrived but saw there weren't any out yet, as that's my typical Day 1 approach). I actually have clear coat from another project, and was curious if I should remove the chip and patch it or not, and whether that tends to stay isolated or spread (no paint around the scoop so I'm not concerned with that specifically [scoops take wear, it's life], just whether I should be concerned with it spreading to the clear over the painted portions nearby). Spooky just recommended watching it for now before doing a touch-up intervention.

I may mylar, depending on the ETA from Cliffy. I think if I wax again before applying it removes pretty easy. Been a while since I looked into it.

EDIT: Heard back from Cliffy, he's still engineering the full solution so it isn't ready yet but he's working on it. He echos what @fytr and @fatpanda advise, put some mylar around the scoop (if damage exists just mylar over it).

#4907 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

SO glad to hear this @dennisk - Did Cliffy give you any kind of an idea on ETA or was it just a blanket "I'm working on it" type response?

No rough time estimate provided. He told me he's having issues with both protecting the right side of the scoop and how to mount it. The big challenge is a protector edge on the right could hang the ball since it enters from the right side when it drops out of that top playfield section (he says his Tron protector had that problem), and that's what he is working on right now.

4 weeks later
#5033 5 years ago

I got an LED bulb for the topper at TPF. The cover of the topper, I'm not familiar with the screw heads. Is it some sort of security bit?

EDIT: More research suggests a security Torx bit. I actually don't own any such bits so I've ordered a set.

4 months later
#5760 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Am I the only one that says “thank you” every time I start a game and she says “welcome to the future”?

I've never done that, but sometimes when I hear "shoot left scoop to start reactor" I yell "don't tell me what to do!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=dennisk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.