(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#464 6 years ago

Did you have to request your number or do you eventually get an email with it? I paid my deposit Tuesday but haven't received any further communication.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Awesome, thanks. Still waiting in my number. Dumb holidays.

Number should be on the comment line of your invoice.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Oh wow, I was looking at the mobile version of the invoice. Clicked the option to view the full pdf.
So am I in the club at #225?

Fingers-crossed by my birthday in April.

Don't feel bad. I did the exact same thing and KT sent me a message with my number and pointed out it was on the invoice.

1 month later
#1126 6 years ago

What is a twippy?

4 weeks later
#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

So how does one know your game is going on the line next week? Are you just calling spooky for an update each week? (No plans to do that) Do you have a heads up communication email before the game starts to be built? I see this mentioned frequently and was wondering. I plan to pick up my game at spooky when ita ready. This is my first NIB so I don't know exactly how these things work.

I received an invoice to cover the balance last the Thursday before last then received an email from Kayte with a shipping tracking number yesterday.

#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Did you get any add ons? Shaker, plastic protectors, etc?

Plastic protectors and a bill acceptor coin door are the only add ons.

#1549 6 years ago

Just received my games yesterday and it's definitely as good as everyone says. It actually wears me out a bit how fast it is since I have to remain so focused the entire time. The glass seems to rattle a ton when the sub hits. I had this same issue in my AFM when the new cab speaker was added. I added a strip of electrical tape to the glass which stopped it. Has anyone tried this yet?

#1552 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I use felt tape when the glass on my pins rattles.

Do you have a link? I'm not familiar with this.

#1555 6 years ago

Thanks I'll try that. I've used electric tape in the past but it comes off and binds a lot.

#1685 6 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with their display not working? Spooky tech support has been great but I was curious if anyone else had an issue.

My original display just came up completely garbled, checked all connections, swapped HDMI cable for a known good one, plugged the display into my macbook to see if it would work with that. Nothing but garbage on the display. The adjustment menu won't even come on. Sometimes while playing, half the screen would come on but then would go away. I received a replacement display from spooky, exactly the same issue! I mean what are the chances. I wonder if there was a bad batch of display controllers. This one will actually come on while playing for a few seconds here and there, but I can't localize a bad connection on the board by tapping on it.

I have another one shipping out today. We have a knockout tournament planned for next Tuesday so I'm hoping to have it up and running by then.

IMG_20180226_062420.jpgIMG_20180226_062420.jpg

IMG_20180220_160159.jpgIMG_20180220_160159.jpg

#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The display that shipped in my game did not work, but the first replacement did. In my case, it was the display panel, not the controller. I had an old tablet with a compatible display that I used to verify the controller.
My first display:

Testing the controller with another panel:

I didn't even think of this!! That's a great idea. Unfortunately, I have no LCD laying around .

This makes much more sense than the controller being bad since tapping on it doesn't make the display come on and off but sometimes the ball being in the reactor area allows it to come on.
I do like how it appears to use off the shelf parts so if I ever had the display die in the future it seems like you could use standard parts to repair it.

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Oh man, sorry you had to deal with that guys. These panels were physically damaged. fattdirk your new replacement panel has been tested and shipped out today!

No worries - I'm loving the game even without the display working!! It plays amazing. I'm the fixer type so figured I'd poke around and see if someone had a solution. I can't help myself . The tech support has been top notch.

#1735 6 years ago

Get paid, get laid, Gatorade!!

IMG_20180228_183109.jpgIMG_20180228_183109.jpg

#1737 6 years ago

My TNA is ready for route. I'll be delivering it Saturday to Madcap Brew Co in Kent Ohio. Stop down if you want to try before you buy!

#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Anyone else having trouble with right flipper hold not being able to always resisting the kick out of the left scope? It will start to flutter. There is no EOS, which is how this is normally handled. Will increasing the flipper strength help?

Mine was doing this but the latest code seemed to resolve it. Have you installed the latest update?

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Yes, I am on 1.1.0.02

Well I spoke too soon. My game did the wonky right flipper thing again. I'm not going to be able to do much more testing as the machine is going on route tomorrow. I'm sure I'll hear about it from my league players.

One suggestion for code is can you add a price on the screen? I like how dialed in just has the price on the screen so you don't have to mess with a pricing card. Just a suggestion

#1751 6 years ago

Are we supposed to send crash logs somewhere? First 2 player game played after delivering it the game locked up calculating bonus. I'd like to help out best I can. I just told the bar to reboot the machine if it locks up.

#1771 6 years ago

Stupid question - how do I reset the high scores? When my screen was out I put up a 3.2 mill but entered all A's because I couldn't see the letters and now it's stuck as GC. I'd like the customers at the brewery to put their name up on the board and it's covered with my high scores because I was playing it non stop in my living room. I did a factory reset and it didn't clear the scores.

Also on a side note, the bartender asked me to turn the game up last night - mad props on the detail that the sound goes to 11. AMAZING!!

#1777 6 years ago

There is a factory reset in the service menu that will reset the high scores and audits for you.

You might want to test this as it did not work for me. I can try it again Saturday when I'm up there to confirm.

Another suggestion is a setting to auto reset the scores after X number of plays. I believe TAF is factory set to 1000. It really keeps the competition going when people come in and the scores are gone and I can honestly say I didn't do it.

3 weeks later
#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow, that's a lot of out of the box adjusting. Are they all needing this? Heard about the springs and was hoping they changed to the newer heavier springs at Spooky. Guess when I get the call I should order those to have on hand.

My TNA has over 1k plays on it and the only adjustments I've had to make are to the sling switches to make them less sensitive and one switch in the reactor was firing on it's own. That is it. The game has been issue free.

I did figure out how to erase the high scores this morning. If you clear the audits it will also erase the high scores. Just an FYI..

1 month later
#2645 5 years ago

Anyone having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the scoop and getting a drop target error? It keeps happening on my game but when I reboot it works fine. It is driving me fk'n crazy.

1 week later
#2735 5 years ago

So I moved the game to another location and now I'm having issues with the sound. The sound will be fine when you press start but after you plunge the ball the sound goes out. It will then come back in and cut out again. I've looked at the connections on the display board and the amp both power and sound and they seem fine. Anyone else have this issue?

3 years later
#8468 1 year ago

Any word on TNA 2.0?

3 months later
#8631 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

From my earlier poll not many are in at 9k so maybe 250 will be enough. How hard do you think it will be to secure one? Sell out in minutes at this price or longer? Never bought a spooky new so not sure how fast they go.

They will sell out instantly

#8723 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

think we all agree that 9k is too much for this game.

I think you're absolutely wrong. They will all sell out within the first hour. Too much for you maybe.

#8733 1 year ago

And you absolutely didn’t read my entire post. I also said they would sell out tomorrow.

Yes your statement was contradictory. You said 'everyone agrees' it was too much but would sell out. If it sells out, it was priced appropriately, therefore not 'everyone agrees' it is priced too high.

1 week later
#8932 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What was the msrp on TNA in 2017 or whenever it was released? $5500? $5900? I couldn’t remember. I paid about $7500 for mine last year, and $9 for my 2.0/Collector/3-Mile-Island edition. I’m just so glad to get in before the $12k neon pink edition in 2024!

5995 + shipping was the base model.

3 weeks later
#9134 1 year ago

That’s one great wife to be!
If I gave my wife a pinball machine for any kind of gift she would slap me silly!
Maybe I should try it and see what happens? I just joined the club this morning and put my deposit down before they’re all gone.
Been wanting a TNA for a loooong time. Didn’t want to have to pay $9k but this is a great game and all the new stuff added to it, is nice, so I said screw it! And, I bought one!

You made a great choice. One of the best machines out there and worth every penny. Don't let the el cheapo crew hold you from your dreams!

3 weeks later
#9393 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Love it and TBH, the silver plunger housing looks better in person than I anticipated.

Glad someone else said this. I think the silver shooter looks amazing. It looks like an accent piece. All black would look so dull and boring. Literally turning your CE into the same scheme as a Stern pro.

#9395 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Agreed, the accent is nice. However, would have been slightly better if it matched the speaker grills stainless look.

I get that but it's a piece of stamped metal vs a casting.

1 week later
#9467 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

NIB straight out the box prob #2
After a few games, when the coils become warm…the flipper plungers retract very slowly into the resetting position. Like a slow drag. Really sucks the wind out of the game. If I leave the game to cool down it goes back to snappy as hell…for three or so games. Then drag.
Anyone else having this prob? My first thought is to reassemble the flipper mechs and replace the coil sleeves.

My game doesn't have this issue and I've played some long games. Maybe the pawl is gapped too tight to the bushing?

#9474 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I saw this little issue on one game. Turned off and back in the game… went away.
Is this an intermittent problem, or a loose RGB connector?
Have not played after turning off to verify it went away to know if this happens again.
[quoted image]

I've had my game lock up twice and had to reboot. Seems fine now.

#9484 1 year ago

Anyone think the default flipper power is too much?

Flipper power is perfect. Feels amazing. Game shoots like butter.

#9498 1 year ago

Looks like a proc

PXL_20221110_171901308.jpgPXL_20221110_171901308.jpg
#9513 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yes, right in the middle of 1 side. Spooky packs it well but went right through. When I saw it I had hoped it was the bottom....but it was on 1 side right in to the decal (fairly deep).. Never understand how these fork lift drivers do this so often!

My box had a forklift hole in it. Spooky wraps the game so well there was no damage.

If you've ever picked a game up at the fright depot you'd see how it happens. They drive those lifts like maniacs.

#9557 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Here is a side-by-side of the new backglass (left) and original backglass (right). If anyone has one that looks washed out when illuminated, feel free to send an email to Spooky Service and we'll swap it out for you.
[quoted image]
New...
[quoted image]
Original...
[quoted image]

This is very interesting.

Here's mine which is clearly washed out compared to your examples.

d5440c2427ae95199b881d3e6ebad196900487d9 (resized).jpgd5440c2427ae95199b881d3e6ebad196900487d9 (resized).jpg
#9564 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah same here… emailed back in less than few hours. Still waiting on parts from Stern from 9 months ago and no emails in weeks.

Stern is the absolute worst. They will never get back to you unless you keep bugging them. Spooky is the best hand down.

3 weeks later
#9759 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

#144 is home. Few minor issues but nothing major so far. Chipped paint on back of head, loose power connection, glass is super tight and poorly cut, and buzzy speakers. Anyone have suggestions for speaker hum? Played a few games on it and really enjoying it. Got 840k-ish on my third game!
ETA: Well, it keeps losing power. That's no bueno. Any ideas? There's also an unconnected molex sitting in the front of the cab next do the coin box. Really disappointing QA by LPeters82 according to the sticker.
[quoted image]

You might need to adjust your amp. Mine was actually broken and the sub wasn't working correctly so I don't think they're actually testing the sound at the factory.

There are directions posted in this thread and I followed them once I got my replacement amp and it works and sounds great now. Only difference was I turned the volume up to 50 on the monitor. It didn't sound very good when set to 11 like the directions say.

#9765 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If it was shipped, odds are real good the settings shifted on the ride.

I didn't even consider this. It's probably what happened. Mine was a bad amp not bad settings.

4 weeks later
#10124 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Congrats! Still waiting on #116 here, ordered on day 1...

How can this be? Did you call them?is it a butter cab?

#10184 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

My question is, do those of you have bought a CE and have had to fix issues regret your purchase? Or has it been worth it to you to go through the trouble of getting it up and running?

The game is worth it and I don't regret the purchase as it's literally one of the best most addicting games I've ever played. That said - Spooky's QC and manufacturing processes are garbage and really need work for what they're charging. Simple things such as the sling mechanisms being mounted in the completely wrong place is unacceptable, the backglasses looking completely terrible and they just shipped them anyway. Things like that are just a sign of a company that DGAF. They have taken a position of just slapping shit together and then dealing with the repercussions on the back end which I think is a poor approach compared to just ensuring you ship a quality product every time and lower the investment in post purchase support IMO.

#10186 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That doesn't explain why they worked so hard to replace them for everyone. Pretty much incongruous with your premise of them not giving a fuck.
There would have been equal to greater uproar if they delayed shipping until all new glass arrived.
I get being frustrated, but asserting that they DGAF is bullshit.

I disagree - if they would've delayed to put a quality game out noone would've complained. The machine is riddled with issues and you can feel free to bury your head in the sand if you want. That's your right.

They have top notch support and follow up. No other company has that level of post purchase follow up except maybe Pinball Bros. I'm not saying they DGAF at all . I'm saying in terms of ensuring a quality product going out the door - the attention is severely lacking or was with TNA. I've had no issues with my halloween games compared with my TNA.

1 month later
#10496 1 year ago

So PSA for spooky: never ever use ribbon cables under a playfield without some sort of mechanical locking mechanism. I am forever plugging in these stupid cables. Even after coating then in hot glue they still work themselves loose. It was a horrible design choice.

#10499 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

17 or CE? I’ve never checked a ribbon cable once and it’s the game I play the most.

It's a CE. I actually had a customer approach me this weekend and tell me he's never seen me have the hood up so much on a game before.

#10503 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

It's not the cables that lock but rather the plug side on the boards. Right?
The socket has the lock mech and not the actual cable.
So not exactly an easy fix

I think this is the case. I might try just wrapping some zip ties around the boards or something. Glue definitely doesn't work.

#10505 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Maybe not the most popular choice for some, but turning down the shaker to the lowest setting I imagine would help reduce the frequency of the issue. I have an OG, and when I replaced the counters with the new ones, I liberally hot glued the connectors down and don't have any issues. I've never tried to use the shaker above the LOW setting, it was just a thought that maybe the normal setting is too much. The normal shaker setting on TNA rattles a hell of a lot, especially when destroying the reactors.

This is probably part of the issue. The other is the volume is set to 11 with max bass. I don't think there's any other way to play.

#10510 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Holy crap! I play on 2 usually, 3 on days when no one is home and I want it in my face. I imagine 11 is like…[quoted image]

I have mine on a 4 I believe but any louder and the speakers start to distort. It's definitely at max volume available. I just consider that an 11.

1 week later
#10572 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

A new one is only $25 more than scratch and dent?? Wtf?

I was charged $500 for mine. I don't understand the discrepancy here.

#10574 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Wow… did not mean to ruffle other feathers. I just paid my bill accordingly.
Maybe wait till after mine ships out to say anything.. haha. Don’t spoil others.

Already emailed them. They claim they raised the price. I'm pretty pissed. I've given spooky a ton of money. Pretty shitty behavior. I've purchased 6 machines from them.

#10580 1 year ago

Mine was 500 + tax and shipping which was $577 out the door. They didn't even quote me a price they just sent me an invoice when I said I was interested in a spare becuase my machine is in route.

7 months later
#11434 5 months ago

Anyone that has the hooked on pinball pop bumper cap have issues with the adhesive? Mine fell off the first day. Wondering if there's something better.

PXL_20231002_005516918.jpgPXL_20231002_005516918.jpg
#11439 5 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I used a couple dots of clear gorilla glue. Been fine for 6+ months now.

Maybe I'll try this. I don't like gluing something over the screws but I could prob pry it apart if ever needed to remove it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=deez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.