(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6127 4 years ago

Looking for a TNA for sale or trade within driving distance of atlanta ga. thanks

6 months later
#6924 3 years ago

We at Oasis Arcade Airbnb (near Atlanta) just bought a TNA and love it! Paid $5900. It came with some mods installed and some not yet installed... like the clear drop targets.

Is there a good video tutorial on exactly what to do and when to do it during gameplay? I love the PAPA Bowen tutorials.

IMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpg
#6933 3 years ago

Working on getting some mods in tonight.

The clear drops are in. Gotta light them next! Does anyone know the post number that shows where the wiring goes on the new lights?

The new ball save counter is in too. Love the RGB lights in it.

IMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).pngreceived_743793086423851 (resized).jpegreceived_743793086423851 (resized).jpeg

#6935 3 years ago

This may have been mentioned before but... I REALLY think TNA should have a spinner in the right orbit for a more symmetrical look and better gameplay. To not have a spinner there is just odd. Why was that left out I wonder? TheNoTrashCougar

Has anyone come up with a solution or is it too big of a design proposition?

#6936 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

thenotrashcougar What if you used the one unused led to drive an RGB strip that would go down in the trough. Bring some color/GI down there below the flippers.

you can add light by the flippers (not in the trough tho) easily by getting the new style ball save counter and swapping it out with the original. It has a RGB led on each side that totally interacts with the light show during gameplay. Like rick and mortys ball save does. They also change from green to flashing red (along with the numbers) when the counter gets below 5 seconds. It's a really fun mod that gives the ball save countdown more anxiety!
Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#6939 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I think what it *really* needs is a second or even third spinner on the left orbit! 3x the fun!

Now THAT would have been awesome! a row of 3 spinners in the left orbit! I don't think anyone has ever done that. Maybe in the future "vault edition" LOL

This game is so rare & difficult to find used that a vault edition makes sense.

I'd love to see more "hoopla" when the target is hit and multiball starts. Something... anything to make it seem like a big deal. Starting multiball on TNA is a lot like starting herman multiball in Munsters. Nothing happens except the balls release. Could something be added in a code revision? TheNoTrashCougar thanks for entertaining my questions.

#6942 3 years ago

Drops now lit! I love the effects. https://vimeo.com/436818999

#6943 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

You mean, other than the double/triple noise beep-splosion, the music changing beat and tone, the screen flashing multi-ball, the GI all going green, the "Multi Ball Initiated" callout, and I wanna say my machine rumbles when it starts, although that might just be my imagination.
I dunno, I kinda think starting multiball always feels like the game changes pace, and with the visual and auditory shuffle it really switches the mood in the moment.
I don't think multiball in this game is like that of a WPC say, where the goal is to start a multi-ball frenzy and you get a big light show. It's there instead to help you achieve goals, and offer bonuses if you are suave enough to keep it around and still kill the reactor.

I dunno, releasing the balls is just very uneventful. I realize that DURING multiball all the things you mention do happen. It's the actual GETTING of the multiball that is the chore and seems like the actual multiball ball release moments (when the drop out of the chamber) could be rewarded with... something exciting. Maybe the beacon lighting and spinning?

#6944 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

If it was a HUGE production or slowed the game down in any way it would probably get really annoying.

You mean like when the gameplay completely stops for 5 or 6 seconds while each reactor becomes activated?

#6951 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

valid point.
So what would you add? There is already a speech call out, the music and GI changes.

Shorten up the reactor activation time to allow for an exciting lead up to multiball release maybe?

A nuclear bomb blast alarm something like this (would sound awesome on TNAs sound system!!!) and the simultaneously spinning, lighted beacon maybe?

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Sounds like you're in a Dave and Busters!
How long, start to finish, did it take to install the drops and lights?

Yea there's lots of arcade sounds here. I love it!
No more than 2 hours and I was taking my time using a magnet to make sure I didn't drop any screws and making sure not to upset any current wiring. It's really not difficult... just a bit tedious but the outcome is very much worth the effort.

#6964 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This game is very easy to find used if the $ is right.

That may be true if you're searching the entire USA... but finding one locally that you don't have to ship, is even more difficult.

#6965 3 years ago

My beacon sounds like a meat grinder. It spins often in the attract mode and makes a lot of rather embarrassing noise. I like the lights effect but the noise isn't cool. Can this be turned off in the menus? I couldn't find it. Thanks!

#6968 3 years ago

thanks razorsedge

do they all sound like a meat grinder or is mine special?

1 week later
#6991 3 years ago

Replacement ball save LED is wonky too. >

This is a brand new replacement upgrade that started doing the same exact thing the original ball save LED did.

How can I fix this?

https://vimeo.com/user119214361/review/441127112/1e49eacfc3

4 months later
#7492 3 years ago

Yesterday my TNA played fine as it always has but this morning, it wouldn't power on completely. The screen said no input signal. I rebooted it a couple times with no change.

Any clues what i should check 1st?

#7497 3 years ago

Thanks will try this button tomorrow.

EDIT: didn't really see a "button" but there was a white thing below the power cord and I pushed it with a screwdriver tip. The game came on. So that was it! Thanks

9 months later
#7954 2 years ago

Hi all, my TNA has decided to not boot up today. This is after about 2 years of trouble free use. I'm hoping you guys can help me diagnose this?

Game turns on, all lights are white, screen comes on briefly and says "Attention no signal" and then shuts off. Backbox LEDs do not come on and the lighted rails now flash... which is something I have never seen it do before.

Where should I start? thank you

IMG_20211010_170205 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170205 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170223 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170223 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170331 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170331 (resized).jpg
#7956 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Try and power cycle the small PC. There is a power button located next to the DC barrel plug on the right side of the PC. Obviously, do this with the machine turned on.
As for the side rails flickering, that is not something I have ever seen.
--Scott

Thanks. The rails aren't flickering, they're steadily flashing about once a second

2 months later
#8284 2 years ago
#8287 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Heck yeah! No prob at all.

Oh man, that is an awesome arcade! You run an Air BnB there? Neat!
--Scott

It's not on airbnb these days. I'm trying direct booking instead. Same idea but without all the airbnb fees and taxes. Come stay if you're near Atlanta sometime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=d0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.