(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago

I guess I'm in the club now. Deposit is in. I can confirm at least 150 because I'm in batch 4. Really excited about this one. Game looks great and the story behind it is pretty cool. Scott and Spooky folks truly seem like good people.

#85 6 years ago

How did you get a number? I was just told what batch I'm in.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

after Charlie explained how the batching is going to work.

Are they going to alternate 50 of one game with 50 of another? Do you think they will change their mind on the build process now that they have had such a big response? Initially Scott said they were hoping to sell 50. They are way beyond that now. I know he was being humble, but I think this response is blowing up their expectations....in a good way.

#95 6 years ago

Yeah, if TNA keeps momentum, they may hold AC back so they are not competing against themselves. Plus there is a similarly themed game that may be in production at Stern. AC and E3 seem like the same genre. For me, the longer the better so they can get those batches out. It's going to be a painful wait to the 4th batch. But the good kind of pain.

#99 6 years ago

No time frame. But when they made Rob Zombie they projected 12--18 months to make 300 games. Not sure how long it really took. So i am using that as an estimate. But looks like they are really close to final production/shipping at the present.

#164 6 years ago

A couple of questions regarding game play:

1) How do you activate the super spinner? I was watching part of the Dead Flip stream again and did not see it addressed.

2) I heard that hitting the spinner when super spinner is lit will activate shaker motor. Are there any other known interactions of the shaker motor at the present? I would think blowing up a core would be a no-brainer...but just curious.

Oh, and #151 right here!

3 weeks later
#188 6 years ago

Can't wait until the club/owner's thread becomes the more populated area on the forum vs the development TNA thread.

1 week later
#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

How would an ordinary Joe be able to acquire one of these?

If you mean the game, email spooky at [email protected] directly. Or you can contact a distributor: kingpin game or pinballstar are the two. Same price either way.

2 weeks later
#316 6 years ago

Please don't be angry at me for asking, but now that the official release party is over, has anyone heard if emails are being sent notifying final payments due to private (non operator/barcade) folks?

#329 6 years ago

Spooky Facebook page says they are going to be shipping a bunch starting next week. They currently have some in testing right now. So looks like the ramp up in production is starting to happen. Won't affect me for a long while, but thought I'd put a little energy back into this thread. Can't wait to see the first unboxing pics from individual (non-op) owners.

2 weeks later
#394 6 years ago

Arrgh!!! Mirror blades....or side art...I like them both!!!!!

1 month later
#852 6 years ago

The wait has officially become painful.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I just put up the new Accessory power supply for TNA up on the PBL website.

Thanks, Scott! Now I have something to plug my leg light-ups into. Now, if 'ol #151 could just get here...

#1055 6 years ago

danger through? what does this term mean?

#1094 6 years ago

So, how is the knocker integrated? From what I understand, it fires with extra ball, earned replay, and match replay. Sound about right?

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Friday, we will be streaming this version of the code

Not during the Twippys!

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

People actually give a shit about that?

I like the SDTM guys and think it will be a fun watch. Hoping for a double feature tomorrow Twippy/SDTM and TNA/Deadflip.

1 week later
#1220 6 years ago

Still waiting for Google, Amazon or Pandora to add it.

2 weeks later
#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Zero in the market place

One has already been sold in the marketplace.

1 week later
#1513 6 years ago

It's getting a little old watching the operator games moving ahead. I get it from a business standpoint, but my goodwill is fading a little each time it happens.

1 month later
#2098 6 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of out of the box adjusting. Are they all needing this? Heard about the springs and was hoping they changed to the newer heavier springs at Spooky. Guess when I get the call I should order those to have on hand.

#2104 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Completely disagree. That is nothing for NIB adjusting from any company.

I've had two NIB. Hobbit needed no adjustments and SW premium had one loose connector to an opto that needed a little push. So, springs, weather stripping, and multiple speaker adjustments seems like a lot to me for a NIB. Not starting an argument, just letting you know where I'm coming from.

1 month later
#2572 5 years ago

There are 3 holes under the cabinet. One big one for the sub, and two smaller ones a little further towards the back. What are these for? They are both the same size and have mesh over them. Are the covered by the sub chamber cover? Part of the the sub chamber? Or do they open directly into the cab? Pictures of the inside of the cab would be appreciated.

#2574 5 years ago

How hard is it to remove the sub cover? Want to add leg light ups and need a way to get into the cab from underneath.

1 week later
#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Wow. What a surprise with another code update. Game gets delivered Friday, looking forward to updating the code. Scott, Saying thanks is not enough for what you have accomplished with this game and the continued updates. You continue to strive for excellence with TNA!

Damn! Was hoping ours were shipping together since we are both in KY and you are #149 and I'm #151. Cool you are getting your game this week. Hoping I get some notification soon as well.

#2761 5 years ago

For those who have lighted flipper buttons, did you order Stern ones or B/W version or does it matter. I already have the mod power supply from pinball life. Looks like either type would plug into it.

#2783 5 years ago

Calm down Biscuits, it's been two weeks since my final payment and haven't heard anything yet from Spooky. Takes a while from payment to shipping. Hopefully I will hear something soon, but some folks waited 4 weeks or more from payment to shipping. And then of course, have to wait from shipping to arrival.

1 week later
#2814 5 years ago

I'm in! Thanks to Zach and Greg at SDTM for the leg light ups (purple) they look amazing in person.

20180605_154124 (resized).jpg20180605_154124 (resized).jpg20180605_154139 (resized).jpg20180605_154139 (resized).jpg
#2816 5 years ago

Mine arrived in 4 business days! No damage.

#2818 5 years ago

Looking through the adjustments menu last night I saw one for prototype rollover. Is this left over from the original whitewood that had the star rollovers in the reactor area, or does turning this feature on do anything on the production machines?

#2820 5 years ago

Let nothing go to waste.

15283231714493132799137799441108 (resized).jpg15283231714493132799137799441108 (resized).jpg
#2832 5 years ago

My rails looked like yours. That was the only complaint I had. Really gave a "cheap" look. But i just ordered the lit rails, so figure I'll clean the rest up when i have them off. Spooky should clean off the adhesive residue before putting them on to give a more professional look. But, doesn't effect the game, so still not a huge deal.

#2837 5 years ago

Just want to say...this game is AWESOME!

#2853 5 years ago

Didn't realize you could put the beacon on in attract mode. I have not heard a peep out of the beacon because the music has always been playing. Had to put a little electrical tape on the glass edge for the bass boom. The shaker is awesome, especially with super spinner...soooo good.

*** Scott, my only request for a code update add-on would be from my son. He noticed the Password/code for every reactor is the same #5240. It would be cool to have this be random or at least different for every reactor. This would help with the narrative of the game. A little detail, but one I can't un-see since he pointed it out when we were able to beat reactor 3 on co-op the other night.

Also, I set total annihilation to 1 reactor last night and played with my son. I was under the impression that the whole game (for both player 1 and 2) would end if one of us reached total annihilation. I blew up the reactor on ball 2 (we were set to 5 ball). He blew it up on his ball #3. Little bugger beat me because he had 3 ball multiball going vs my 1 ball. His 3x jackpot caught up and overtook my reactor jackpot by the end of 5 balls. That was so fun and a real treat. Makes you take into account your reactor value if you are going to play this way. Once again, AMAZING job Scott. My son thinks you are awesome....and Charlie is pretty cool, too.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

This is by design. Scott told me 5240 is an area code in Australia where someone lives (someone who worked on the game? Don't remember).

So you're saying he needs 8 more zip codes?

#2916 5 years ago

You'll need it for leg light ups, lighted buttons, and likely any new mod down the road.

#2943 5 years ago

Glad to hear it. Looks like production has picked up speed lately.

#2972 5 years ago

She keeps gettin' more lit up!

20180616_110204 (resized).jpg20180616_110204 (resized).jpg
#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I know TNA can be a brutal game, but 0 points! Come on man, you're better than that.

Ha! I didn't even see that.

#3043 5 years ago

Super spinner shaker integration is the best shaker integration of any game I've ever experienced. The shaker plus bass boom with each spin is so fantastic. Even if I have a critical reactor, if super spinner is lit, I spend all of my time ripping the spinner because I love it so much.

1 week later
#3158 5 years ago

The scoop is a super tough shot. For me it has to be dead on if from the right flipper or maybe bounce off the post next to the scoop from a shot off the left flipper. I get about 90% rejects it seems. Usually activate the scoop by accident or plunging into the reactor.

1 week later
#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know how to run the wires for the leg light ups and cup holder light? Trying to get the wires into the cabinet.

Go through the on/off switch hole. Worked great for me...can't remember who gave me that advice, but they were right.

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

swapped the power supply to the quiet one and man what a difference. For home use its a must do.

I am sitting next to mine (left it on) and have been doing some work with my lap top for the last hour. Can't say it has bothered me one bit. Much quieter than the stern fans. But I understand everyone is different. Just don't want the general public to think this is a MUST. I definitely recommend getting the game first, and see if it bothers you before you start getting potential add-ons.

#3199 5 years ago

No disrespect to those swapping power supplies. Just saying that sometimes these "upgrades" like the lcd, power supply, or any mod for that matter are always a matter of personal preference. Just trying to distinguish that from the certain "have to" fixes that some games require. Luckily, TNA (at least mine) did not require any fixes at all out of the box.

#3209 5 years ago

Alas, it is my last day in the club. I only had it for a short time, but I have been on this ride since August. Now it's going to an enthusiastic person who will be getting their hands on their first Spooky game. Great job Scott, Charlie and the Spooky team. Shout out to KT who answered endless questions quickly and thoroughly.

20180718_211916 (resized).jpg20180718_211916 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#4148 5 years ago

Holy cow! Can't believe they are in the 450's. Remember when Scott was hoping to sell 50? Way to go Scott and Spooky. So glad for this company and happy to support them again with ACNC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.