(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,971 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TheNoTrashCougar
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,099 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 3.22.52 PM (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
IMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
received_743793086423851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpg
9B7D6E7D-25D9-4286-9AF6-732DCB266927 (resized).jpeg
20200615_132044 (resized).jpg
20200615_125902 (resized).jpg
7BA84E42-A8A8-45C4-B3D7-AA279D0701D3 (resized).jpeg
E08E3D9E-E2AF-4F00-B650-E96D265BA712 (resized).jpeg
AC31C551-91F1-4C87-A5F2-A8850C5499D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4006 (resized).jpg
20200531_203152 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (2 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (2 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (2 years ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1711 2 years ago

Deposit in! Halfway in the club!!

#1713 2 years ago

Either 330 or 334

2 weeks later
#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I ordered the side mirrors and side rail lights for mine. I only have room for 3 pins and have an AFMrLE now, with the TNA to go with it. I figure they are completely different styles and gameplays and its a better match than MMr since that would be too 'boring' being so similar to AFMr. Not sure what my third pin will be, but I'm fairly certain TNA is a good one I will enjoy for many years. I'm not sure how yet, but I think the lights sound and code will make this a favorite for long lasting fun factor. I also think if it does get repetitive ( and I don't think it will ) than that can be fixed with code.

If you can find and like Radical! Space Station, or any Pat Lawlor game... I recommend it to round out your collection. Very cool first 2 Pins though!

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Back on topic...
CO OPmode ROCKS! So much fun and big thx for adding this!
Also need CO OP versus mode!

Coop was the way to go for fellas at TPF Saturday afternoon. Really great time there... and whysnow isn’t half bad either; boys got skill

50ADC7F3-67F3-47CF-B089-467E1C2695DF (resized).jpeg

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fun to be able to hang w/ you and play some games! Always great to find a pinhead with such similar taste in games and then we become easy friends in real life!
Wish I lived closer and could help out with your game room build project!

Yeah bro, WI to TX too much distance . I’d definitely put you to work . Hangin at TPF was rad! You’re on the immediate invite list when the game room is ready.

#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Has anyone gotten that shooter rod mod? I'm wondering if that is a good mod to get, it's not cheap

I personally don’t care to pull flat coins on a stick a thousand times... not saying it is a coin style, but if it is, not for me

#2001 2 years ago

Scott... curious, would it be hard or too time consuming to add in a feature?

If possible I’d like to add music audio files to the sound track , just for the main song... I’d like to keep the existing soundtrack, but add songs that could be mixed in at random for the main song that plays.

I don’t know what the file structure looks like, but maybe have a separate folder that just has the main game title in it and add songs to it that the system would mix in, in a random order.

I would love to have this please, if not too time-consuming to incorporate .

#2012 2 years ago

Damn it’s hot in here, all the flames are making me sweat beads of glory.

You don’t know if you don’t ask, I have a machine that can do this and it’s an incredible feature. I didn’t understand the intricacies of the code with the music, OK fine. Scott thank you for being a gentleman.

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's weird that Scott created his game, and wrote all the music for it, made the music a huge part of the theme — every reactor has a fully custom song, the music even interacts with the shooter lane — and people want to ask him to let them take it out and replace with their own music. Stop and think for a moment, if this was your game, and you spent 2 years making it all work together, would you be flattered when someone asked you to let them take your music out? I wouldn't be.
Scott is my friend, so of course I want to stand up for him, but I'm really speaking about what it's like to be a creator in a community. People can 'suggest' things in pretty insulting ways. Probably they don't mean to be, but that doesn't really change that fact that they are. Try and have some respect for how hard someone worked for this.
It's fun to customize pins. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, a lot of people have changed their games with my translites. You bought the game, I consider it yours to do with as you like. But take charge of it yourself in a personal way, and don't ask the creator to do the work for you.
Sometimes suggestions are rude, it's okay to call that out. It's how we learn.

My TNA is next to my Tron, they're a good pairing. Also both good pins for new players, easy to understand. TNA especially, I'm teaching a lot of people to play that I never bothered to show my pins before.

I get what you’re saying and I have MAD respect for you and Scott, but GET off it! I wanted to add (outrun style) music from bandcamp that would mix perfectly that I would professionally mix in with the soundtrack, not just add in some Rush or whatever, it would be something I would share with whoever wanted it. I haven’t had time to discern that the mix was directly coded into the game, it’s always sounded as if there was a replaceable soundtrack. I don’t want to replace the great soundtrack... I think what Scott has done here is awesome, I’m not trying to stomp on it or be rude. I was requesting something that I thought would be a fun project I could add in to the game later on a forum where I thought it might be appropriate among peers and TNAs creator.

Scott, my apologies for any frustration.

Aurich, if you have a problem.. you’re always welcome to PM me

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I don’t think the fog machine & laser light show add up to a million things

Just tap into the beacon, right?

1 week later
#2212 2 years ago

Certainly there’s some sort of commercial electronics place in Knoxville he can buy slow blow fuses from

1 week later
#2313 2 years ago

Finally!

1 week later
#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok Billy Mitchell...I'm gonna need a video before I acknowledge this one is legit.

Yeah, and not from mame either! Lol

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Will Spooky install those speaker grills at the factory? Also, does anyone know what number we are on?

Yes they will if you email and order them

Don’t know what # as of now

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You could probably trim it down to just smaller than the grill, then sandwich it between the grill and speaker panel. I feel like it might take away from the look, though.

I’d like to see the difference

I’ve never put speaker leds in because I don’t like them detracting from the dmd or scoring screen, but a good balance is what I’ll be after on my tna. I’m having mine installed at the factory, but I will do some modifications if the lights are too bright

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

^^^^ I like that too! I am going to swap my mesh back in.

It looks bitchin, could you have the factory default to this?

3 weeks later
#2711 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Received and installed!
This is just a TNA kind of day!

Why!?!

#2718 2 years ago

Are there 4 of those ceramic baddies?

(The game has 4 balls in it right!?)

3 months later
#3419 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Would it be sacrilege to swap out the flipper buttons for ones off an early solid state Bally?

No dude, the prototype had them from what I remember, but it was missing the backing stop plate, so the buttons would push all the way in, instead of stopping just after pushing in on the leaf switch

#3436 1 year ago

Not sure what you are referring to. I have the switch plates on the Whitewood machine and they have always been there. Unless I am not understanding what you are talking about.
[quoted image]

No, that’s what I meant, weird. I forgot to install them in a game once and you could tell the button was pushing all the way past the plate, same way it felt on the white wood. Guess I felt something I didn’t understand

1 week later
#3468 1 year ago

Im in the 330's and got an email, but not asking for payment, just asking on confirmation on build add-ons

3 weeks later
#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

What do y’all think of glow in the dark titans on TnA? Give it a glowing nuclear appearance?

I think you're a mad scientist, and I like it!

1 week later
#3613 1 year ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

[quoted image]

Come on guys, someone out there give this man a decent cutout

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from blurfocus:

Where in the menus do I find the display's contrast, brightness, and gamma settings? Is that accomplished via the keypad board (with buttons) attached to the graphics board or is it somewhere in the operator menus?
Thanks.

I believe it’s on the displays control board

#3653 1 year ago

335 was delivered a few days ago... it’s gotta sit in its box awaiting my gameroom... I mean TNA’s house to be finished

Also got an extra playfield to have around

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

What did the extra playfield set you back?

Fourfiddy at the time

They have wall hangers for much less

2 weeks later
#3800 1 year ago

A little woody

10B7ADF5-66D9-42F4-8E83-FA11620A6526 (resized).jpeg
#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Send it to Ron Kruzman for even bigger wood!

Good words!

Or I can clear it myself for ridiculous slippery wood!

3 weeks later
#4050 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I got them at Lowe’s. They are 3/4” wide and kind of squash wider once you tighten down the post. I got 11/16” ones from Home Depot at the first which are almost exactly the same width as the posts but once you try tightening them down they would sit unevenly and the washer would kind of slip out from underneath. Like was said earlier the ball cant hit them so it doesn’t effect play at all.

Do you happen to have a stock number for them so I can walk right to them when I go to Lowe’s tomorrow?

#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Ok..these siderails are dope. All done with the mods for now!
[quoted image]

Marge approves!

2 weeks later
#4346 1 year ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

I made a port and plug for the subwoofer. I've noticed a decent improvement in the sound with this upgrade. It should be tuned to around 40-45Hz.. I think..
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3309874
Next job is to seal the box.

Photos of the install?

#4365 1 year ago

Looks like I got some tracking down to do. I am going to pull the beta for now until I can figure out what is happening. Thanks guys!
--Scott

I appreciate your dedication!

1 month later
#4826 1 year ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

Nobody ever complained about too many pics right? I have had an issue with the 7-segment displays for scoring not working properly but spooky is sending some replacement parts to fix. In the meantime... this game is super addictive!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you carried that upstairs!

Nice room!!

1 week later
#4913 1 year ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I wish my wife would get into Pinball

I’ve been trying to get my wife into pinball for years, I just can’t seem to push her in thru the coin door

3 weeks later
#5024 1 year ago

#335 here... mines been sitting in a shop boxed up since October, unboxed it Sunday , played 5 games , removed Mylar (was already lipping up and was easy to pull, cleaned off adhesive, put clear washers down under the high impact starposts, installed the recent beta. Waxed playfield.

turned the screen brightness down, turned contrast up, screen looks great, replaced the bulb in the beacon, put artwork stickers on the targets.

The brackets for the speaker panel were bent badly and the panel and glass had fallen out , but all is ok!

I actually like the melamine finish on parts of the cab, makes it easy to dust off.

The head was really dirty, for those of you storing yours NIB, you might consider wrapping it with plastic to keep the dust out of the box.

Super excited to finally play TNA without interruption or noise. I chose this game over AFM and pretty much everything else. Best pinball choice ever

D79012BF-520D-42A2-993B-9D8425A2020D (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is the latest code stable enough to download? I am still at 1.2.0.

I have only used the latest beta, no issues so far in about 50 plays

4 months later
#5840 9 months ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Only one more spot open for the first batch of plunger meters, whoever wants it better hurry up! There will be a second batch after seeing the enthusiasm for this mod. Thanks for the interest and kind words everyone.

How much $

#5844 9 months ago

I’m in too

#5846 9 months ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

$45 shipped. This will include everything required for a quick install.

Put me down for the next batch if You’re not adding any stragglers in

3 weeks later
#5912 9 months ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

Would doing a playfield swap on this machine require soldering?

I would be very surprised if it didn’t , at least a few components

4 weeks later
#6010 8 months ago
Quoted from procks:

Thank you borgdog it does make sense. I just need to find a good video of someone doing the bend so I can mimic it. I'm not sure how to get myself enough room to work under the playfield.
Can anyone point me to the right tool or tools for the job?
BTW what kind of a tool do I need to measure the angle of the playfield/glass? I never did that when I first set it up.

Level the playfield, and then the tilt... maybe a 6.5 degree, or what feels right

#6012 8 months ago

My 6 year old boy is the only one in the house that will play pinball with me... I’ll be playing Tron or any other game, and every single time after what ever game, he drags me over to Tna to play for the rest of the session, never any other game

#6032 7 months ago

Someone awesome was mixing it up tonight... best music of the night... way cool!

Also , finally got to meet Scott! The hype is real (he’s a cool guy. And he’s awesome)

9BC74DF3-9B6F-4107-BA24-DCC7C2E823D2 (resized).jpeg
#6037 7 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Yes Scott was awesome and it was great to have him and his wife come down to Houston to hang with us. His set was epic and in my drunken state I brought some drum equipment on the floor and played around with him for a few songs. Thanks Scott! Looking forward to next year if you decide to come down again to the Houston Arcade Expo.

I saw you do that, that was the icing on the cake!

#6059 7 months ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

Hello hello! I bought a TNA this week, very excited about it. It was almost my first pinball machine, but my wife beat me to that milestone and bought an OXO earlier in the week. I'm loving the game and so far I only have one spot where I'm looking for some help...
Is there a way to prevent the start button from flashing while it's in attract mode and set on free play? The light show is so beautiful but then there's this glaring white lite flashing on the front of the machine right at "sitting on the couch" eye level. I tried the Credit Dot Enabled setting but that didn't do it (and I think the manual indicates that's something I'd see on the LCD when there's an error condition).

If it could be prevented , maybe you could replace it with a blue button, that less obtrusive? Or, gasp!!; put a nicely cut piece of blue painters tape over it, that way you still get the functionality, but no bright white flash

1 month later
#6136 6 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

https://m.facebook.com/events/449645002398329
Steal this tournament idea.
(At least the name)

Hey chalkey, that’s a cool idea! Total Newyear Annihilation!

3 months later
#6509 86 days ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Do they make a full pink plastic protector set? Call me crazy, but I'm about to have robertstone0407 powerdercoat my armor, legs, speaker grills hot pink to match the pinks in the cab graphics

Post pictures when you get it done !
Would love to see that on the machine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eugene, OR
$ 265.00
$ 279.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside