(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Hmm. I wonder if my damage is caused simply by over-tightening? It felt different tightening the posts down on these washers because of their sponginess. I had to crank them down pretty good otherwise they shifted a bit.
Could over-tightening cause this same sort of behavior with the base of the post weakening and clouding the plastic? Anyone have experience with this?

most plastics are broken do to overtightening. snug em up till they don't spin and be done. most common error in pinball I believe.

3 years later
#8780 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I got my number for the TNA and am number 9 so I should receive mine quick. They said they begin building in two weeks or so.

curious what time you ordered?

#8783 1 year ago

#95 at 10:06

#8802 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

So if you don’t have fang club, you have to wait two weeks before you can buy? I’m thinking that’s a good thing for me. Either it sells out before then or I have enough time to get over my impulsive urge to order one.

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

So if you don’t have fang club, you have to wait two weeks before you can buy? I’m thinking that’s a good thing for me. Either it sells out before then or I have enough time to get over my impulsive urge to order one.

no, i signed up the day before i bought.

#8804 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

I'm in! #12990 here. Curious what the build/delivery timeframe might end up being...

start in 2 weeks, said should all be completed in 6 months if parts are available.

#8839 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I saw this too, but I am wondering how are they starting in 2 weeks. Even recently, they were estimating HWN/UM would be wrapping around end of year. Are they going to have 3 titles on the line at the same time, or are they cutting HWN/UM production short? If I had to guess, I would think that a significant number of HWN/UM orders were not completed and TNA is filling in the gap.

all i heard is that next game will be announced right after christmas or the first of the year so they want these done by then.

2 weeks later
#9001 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Is anyone else getting UPS emails saying your Spooky package will arrive and then UPS continues to update it?
Just annoying to see that. I joined the fang club late where I should not get goodies so I’m not sure why this was sent to me.
Anyone else experience the same?

i joined day before release of tna 2.0 and i just got my cup in the mail, it was after the cut off date too.

4 weeks later
#9274 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Kinda weird that the shooter housing is stainless whereas every other bit of metal on the game is black.

yeah why the hell would they even do that?

#9276 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Received my Butter/No Butter email. Love the Butter on my HWN. Seems most feel Butter is unnecessary on TNA. Anyone feel strongly otherwise?

so you didn't want butter cab and they sent one w/o asking?

3 weeks later
#9532 1 year ago

final invoice today for machine #95

#9566 1 year ago
Quoted from chaosphere:

Correct. At least I got 2 free moving blankets with it....

nothing free about those moving blankets, they cost you about 2500 this time around.

1 week later
#9646 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Had mine supposed to be delivered Monday but there was significant damage all around and the machine got hit\damaged.
For those that had to refuse delivery, any rough idea on how long it took to get a replacement? Also, did they just fix the broken\damaged one or send a new machine? Hoping for the latter as even though decals can be replaced, who know what happened to the insides when the forks hit this box.
Congrats to those who have theirs and got their shipping notifications.
Hope everyone has a safe holiday.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wtf is wrong with these half ass shipping companies lately, doesn't anybody hold them accountable anymore? just had a jp premium that got crushed, then rush premium got a fork thru the box, friend shipped a radical, it got crushed.

#9654 1 year ago

recieved #95 today.

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

My game is playing much better since getting the new ramp installed (had to drill new holes). Now that I'm actually able to play, I'm noticing a ton of balls bouncing up and out of the drain, keeping them in play. Is there a name for this? I searched "Drain bounce" and nothing lol..
This has happened only once or twice to me on other games this past year, but on TNA it's a regular thing. The drain is shallow, so it doesn't take much of a bounce to send a ball back up onto the flippers.
Anyone suggestions on how to fix? I was thinking of adding some felt to the drain to soften the bounce.

consider it a "gimmie", as hard as this game is, i'll take any edge i can get.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#9771 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Sold! Enjoy them medic7000!

damn just missed them.

#9773 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Well crap.. I’ve reached out to AJ who is my customer service rep for my other little issues.
My apron also looks like yours, but AJ said I would be getting replacement parts for my other needs minus the apron.
Not sure if that is because there is no simple fix to it or that is where they drew the line?
Any rate, I’ll reach out again to have this updated part sent to me.
FYI, I only communicate via email as I’m dealing with taking care of my kids and working. Hard to make phone calls.
[quoted image]

so is this deemed normal or no? mine is like this too.

#9774 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Well crap.. I’ve reached out to AJ who is my customer service rep for my other little issues.
My apron also looks like yours, but AJ said I would be getting replacement parts for my other needs minus the apron.
Not sure if that is because there is no simple fix to it or that is where they drew the line?
Any rate, I’ll reach out again to have this updated part sent to me.
FYI, I only communicate via email as I’m dealing with taking care of my kids and working. Hard to make phone calls.
[quoted image]

so is this deemed normal or no? mine is like this too. https://imgproxy.pinside.com/BW-he90zHEoCL7cou4QmuL3YaYgwPx4E2OfwZul-OzI/rs:fit:1024/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzAvN2EvN2MvMDdhN2NmYTljODU2Y2ZkNjBlZTE0MmM4ZWU5NTA3MzIxZmJlN2FmZi5qcGVn

#9879 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone made the little 1,2,3 decals for the transparent drop targets?

id buy the padded decals from ebay for the center targets and get these for the drop targets. i just put the padded ones on my center targets and it does help a bit with the ridiculous bounce straight down the middle you get from the factory. highly recommend. ebay.com link: itm

#9920 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I think with the apron someone screwed up and they didn't notice until the parts came in, so they shipped it as-is. It looks sloppy and unfinished, especially for a "collectors edition". The 3D-printed piece is an okay fix.

exactly what happened, they need to make it right.

1 week later
#9972 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hate to say it, but NIB feels less desirable now than a game that's been unboxed, checked for quality control issues, had a washed out backglass replaced etc. Something to keep in mind, you might have to deal with some stuff after you open it the way things have been going.
As far as the game itself goes when set up right? I think your collection would benefit from it.
All you have are new Sterns, and they're all going to offer a certain kind of experience. Might be different games, different vibes, but they're going to be longer play times, more rules, more stuff. Games with ramps and modes etc just play a certain way.
TNA rounds out a collection like yours nicely because it gives you a quick pickup game. It's hard to feel like you had a satisfying experience on a modern Stern if your game only lasted 10 minutes. 10 minutes on TNA can make you feel great.
There's a reason more mature collectors tend to stop just buying new games and start finding older games have an appeal.
I'd try and play it first though. Never a fan of buying blind because someone else told you it was fun.

exactly why i bought mine. something different in a big collection. i got the best of both worlds, a hobbit for 45 minute games or a tna for a 10 minute game.

#9973 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Hey Guys! I'm coming here fresher than fresh as I've never actually put a hand on a TNA, but have the opportunity to trade a BKSOR Premium (heavily modded w/topper) for a TNA CE NIB. Very curious what information I could get from some of the TNA vets! Is it a long-term household game? Is your interest still held by it after many years of ownership? If anyone's had a deep dive on BKSOR, can you offer up your opinion on one vs. the other in a home setting?

is it your only game? is so i wouldn't do it. tna is a total ass kicker with short ball times, wouldn't be a good stand alone pin. not to mention, a tna is 9k nib, bksor with topper is selling for 10-11k

#10023 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Play better. I always have long ball times and have beat the game.
Have you seen any streaming for this game? Nobody says short ball times.

i just got the game, mr. expert! I'm sure you have............

1 week later
#10141 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just reporting back on the issues that came with my new game. The main operating ones at least. I’m happy to report that the issue is resolved!
AJ sent two boards and I replaced one of the boards today. The top one, that took care of the drop target issue and the non working auto fire issue. So… very happy it’s working now.
I only played one game so far but I ran the drop target test a few times and made sure to let the ball drain to have it auto launch a few times and all is good!
Still need to replace the shooter lane ramp. AJ sent that to. And figure out why the play field glass does not go into the top channel without me having to push on it really hard.
Update***
Just played a handful of games and all is working well with the drops and the auto fire. Almost made it to the 5th reactor! I’ve played TNA plenty of times before but man this is such a rush to play! It’s super fast, fun, chaotic and just amazing. Glad to own it finally.

your glass is hitting on the edge of the back plastic piece somewhere. happens on lots of games, that back plastic piece tends to droop in the middle.

#10224 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I finally beat my TNA CE! I invited Owlnonymous over to play mine - it’s one of his favorite games of all time. He saw me getting close and started to record on his phone. I was exhausted!

damn bill, you're making me look bad i got mine right after you #95.

#10226 1 year ago

notice that when i hit ball up orbits, ball gates don't hold ball in upper playfield most of the time, anybody else have to adjust ball gates out of the box?

#10251 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

notice that when i hit ball up orbits, ball gates don't hold ball in upper playfield most of the time, anybody else have to adjust ball gates out of the box?

anybody got a def answer on this? ........are gates supposed to raise when you shoot around the orbit?

#10319 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Ok so I left it on for over an hour played one game and let it transition into attract mode. No freezing at all. While I did put pressure on all the connectors to confirm they were seated, I’m pretty sure it was the loose connector causing the issue. I marked it in the photo below.
[quoted image]

maybe get a new camera so the rest of us can benefit from your post.

#10384 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

This sounds like great advice, but this is my first and only pinball machine and I lack the experience to confidently follow it. You lost me at "Pull the plastic."
No. This is a brand new machine straight from the factory that is under warranty for a year. I paid what is, to me, a ton of money to buy this machine from Spooky. They should be making this right. This is the third problem I've had with this thing. Maybe my wife is right and I got a lemon, and boy, is she ever full of the schadenfreude with this. Spooky needs to do correct this. Spooky needs to do the job they failed to do when they originally sent this to me.
Max

maybe pinball aint for you????

2 weeks later
#10523 1 year ago

everytime i hit the ball up into the upper playfield from the lower playfield, the ball hits the opposite side gate and bounces back down the orbit and to the lower playfield again. very seldom does it fall into the lane guides. wondering what setting everybody has their flipper strength set on. seems like factory setting is too hard. and clean shots up either orbit is way too hard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=ccbiggsoo7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.