(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3556 5 years ago

#333 is on the line!

#3578 5 years ago

SPOOKY BOUND!

#3579 5 years ago

SPOOKY BOUND!! #333 Here I Come!

1 month later
#3839 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Just got my game and I'm a noob at owning. How do I get the underneath to stay up when I want to work on something? I don't see anything to lock in into place?

Watch pulling the playfield out too far... it could potentially come off the rails and fall into the cabinet and damage something.

3 weeks later
#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Here is what mine looks like with the neoprene rubber washers underneath.

Where did you get the washers?

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Here is what mine looks like with the neoprene rubber washers underneath.

Do the washers affect game play? And did you have to use longer mounting hardware with the washers installed?

1 week later
#4230 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Are the rubber or nylon washers better?
Thanks in advance for the help I don’t want to screw up my game even more because of this post issue.

In my opinion, I believe the rubber ones to be better. Here are my thoughts.... Seems like the playfield is getting damage from the ball hitting the posts and the posts moving a bit.... I think the nylon washers would move also and their edges feel kind of rough... which might dig into the playfield. Whereas the rubber feels like it will grip the playfield and won’t move when the ball hits the posts.... I Hope it works out this way as I decided to go with the rubber washers

3 weeks later
#4482 5 years ago

Game #333... My left slingshot started acting up right after the update.

3 weeks later
#4662 5 years ago

Does anyone have problems with trying to get the ball into the scoop? If I hit the scoop 10 times it might go in there once.

#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I actually turned the power to the flippers down and I can now make the scoop alot more. This did not effect the game speed at all, it just stopped it from pounding into the scoop. I think I turned the power to 25 or 27.

I will try this tomorrow.... Thank You!

#4666 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I’m about 40-60 from the right flipper and maybe 70-30 from the left. I’m happy with that. What I cannot hit is that damned right orbit

What are these numbers 40-60 and 70-30?

#4674 5 years ago

I’m So Sorry guys but I wasn’t descriptive enough about the scoop shot. The advice y’all had shared is Great Advice..... I hit the shot often, and it looks like it hitting dead on, but it’s hitting it at such force it bounces out and doesn’t go in. Ryan1234 suggested turning down the flipper power, which I’m going to try today. Toyguy mentioned his percentage hits with each flipper... I believe the shot goes in the scoop more often from my right flipper ( definitely by Luck... Believe me I’m not that good) than from my left flipper.... My left flipper seems to be hitting it at great force... All of you chiming in about this difficult scoop shot, I Greatly appreciate all the advice, tips, and tricks.... One day I might be a better player

#4680 5 years ago

I had turned down the power to the flippers to 26 and now going into the scoop much better. And still enough power to go around the orbits....

1 month later
#4911 5 years ago

I wish my wife would get into Pinball

1 week later
#4936 5 years ago

Somewhere in this thread a comment was made about reducing the flipper power.... I did that and it does help but doesn’t eliminate.

#4937 5 years ago

Although this is a Great game and I absolutely enjoy it, one thing I didn’t like was the movement and cheapness feel of the thin piece of plexiglass in front of the monitor..... also, mine had scratches all over it, probably from being wiped off. I took the panel in to a glass shop and had them cut me a piece of glass. Then took it home... built up the cut out so the glass would be flush with the back of the panel. Painted it with a satin black to match the finish... caulked in the glass so it doesn’t move, and then put it all back together. Although it doesn’t look any different, it sure feels better and doesn’t rattle.

2 weeks later
#5001 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

97 plays. I’ve got chunks of paint and clear by the upper playfield star post.
I emailed Spooky, and we’re talking about the best solution. I installed silicone rings on all the star posts.
I’m pretty bummed, but not the end of the world. Still a great game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has problems in the same area but not to that severity. A piece came off down to the bare playfield. I never said anything to Spooky. I took some clear fingernail polish to hopefully seal it.

#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

#335 here... mines been sitting in a shop boxed up since October, unboxed it Sunday , played 5 games , removed Mylar (was already lipping up and was easy to pull, cleaned off adhesive, put clear washers down under the high impact starposts, installed the recent beta. Waxed playfield.
turned the screen brightness down, turned contrast up, screen looks great, replaced the bulb in the beacon, put artwork stickers on the targets.
The brackets for the speaker panel were bent badly and the panel and glass had fallen out , but all is ok!
I actually like the melamine finish on parts of the cab, makes it easy to dust off.
The head was really dirty, for those of you storing yours NIB, you might consider wrapping it with plastic to keep the dust out of the box.
Super excited to finally play TNA without interruption or noise. I chose this game over AFM and pretty much everything else. Best pinball choice ever
[quoted image]

I went through and fixed everything that rattled and now it feels and sounds like a million dollar machine... Huge difference!

2 weeks later
#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Scott was very gracious. He e-mailed me the instruction card .PSD and I went from there in Photoshop. On the logo card, I used the high-res PNG on his website and pulled that into Photoshop as well. I'm really only charging anything to cover my time/materials in print/cut/seal/cut/package, etc. for anyone who wants a customized card set with their name/game number on it.
On another note, I've updated the instruction card a bit more taking into account the feedback from rai and lpeters82. I adjusted text again, made sure the skill shot was more prominently placed, ensured the mushroom cloud pushed through better and moved the overall objective to the top of the card. I'm good with where it all sits now, and I've updated the dedicated thread/Pinside store listing for the card set to reflect the same.
[quoted image]
Thanks for any consideration. I think it's a pretty neat add to the game, IMHO.

What are you charging for a card set?

4 months later
#5714 4 years ago

Anybody that is interested in getting a TNA, I would suggest emailing Kayte at [email protected]. She would definitely be able to tell you If and When they would be doing another run of TNAs. Good Luck to All and Hopefully you all join the club!

2 months later
#6015 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone else have an issue with glass rattling? If i turn the game up past 3 my glass will rattle any time bass hits. I tried putting electric tape along the edge of the glass, it helped but did not stop it. I also tried just turning down the bass on the amp, but that also doesn't seem to have much of an impact on the rattle.

I took a piece of velcro ( the soft part ) and run it the length of the glass at the top of the playfield and that eliminated my rattle.

1 week later
#6040 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Interesting, do you mean the top of the channel along the backbox, where you slide the glass into or the sides?

I am so Sorry that I didn’t see your post earlier ..... I put mine at the top by the backbox. The only problem is when you remove the glass for whatever reason you then have to re-adjust the Velcro strip. That’s where my glass seemed to rattle.

2 months later
#6254 4 years ago

What is the safest way to hook up a powered external sub?

11 months later
#7611 3 years ago

Has anyone hooked up a powered sub to TNA? If so, how did you do it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.