(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddyrockstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9010 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

So my buddy kciaccio told me a couple years ago to go play this great game called TNA. I had that opportunity on a business trip, and I was blown away!
I vowed to get my hands on one in the future.
I can now confirm I have a TNA Remake CE on order from Spooky!
Just received the light up side rails and hinges mod as well, so thanks to Scott for recommending them.

My side rail and hinge kit arrive today! Gonna be torture looking at them every day waiting for my CE to arrive.

#9012 1 year ago

So how do people know what number machine they are getting? I ordered the day the CE was available to non-club members. My order number is 13133 and on a different thread somewhere someone mentioned their order number and machine number but the two did not match.

Who here has the most recent order? Curious how close Spooky is to selling out.

#9015 1 year ago

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and would ride my BMX to the bowling ally's, pool halls and arcades to play. So nice I can now afford one for the home. Now I drive 45 minutes once or twice a month to play at Next Level. I'm actually taking a "mental health" day from work today and will be leaving soon so I can be there when it opens.

There is one TNA in my area and the volume is set low which makes it not so much fun to play. I 1st played it this spring. Found it randomly at an arcade in the Bellevue, WA area. The arcade is in an old house with a small bar in the living room. The pin was in a back room. I almost missed it. I was on my way out when I spotted a room in the back and thought, hum, maybe I should take a minute and go see what might be there. Sure enough, there was a TNA all by itself and the volume was LOUD. After one game I was sold! So glad Spooky did a rerun!

#9016 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

When I made the initial payment, I received an email confirmation with my order number.
Later the same day, I received a second email with my build number in the subject line, along with some FAQs.

Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Looks like you are machine #161 in line based on the difference between our order numbers. Squirrel sent an email to me a day after I placed the order with my machine position.

Thanks for that. No follow up email for me. Maybe club members get special treatment

#9022 1 year ago
Quoted from DBaron:

Any more details on this place? The only place I'm aware of that has TNA on location currently in the entire Seattle area is 8-Bit in Renton. Great location, but a bit of slog to get down there though. Nothing else comes up on the pinball map. The East side is sort of a desert for pinball, so any new places would be good to learn about.

That's it! 8 Bit. Just a few minutes down the road from where I was staying in Bellevue. Fun place, good for families.

2 weeks later
#9171 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the new TNA CE is coming with an upgraded LCD over the ones Spooky has used in past runs that some have felt needed upgrading?

2 months later
#10049 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddyrockstar:

I don't know what is worse, getting a few games in then it not booting or it not booting right out of the box. I just set up my CE 145 today and it won't boot at all. I gave a cursory back box inspection and couldn't identify any issues with wire connections. It tries to boot and once it seems like it is almost there, the ball eject fires and then starts the boot process over, rinse and repeat. I'll look at it closer tomorrow and try power cycling again. Unfortunately I am not an expert with these things. Lifetime player, first time owner.

Finally figured out why my CE 145 would not boot.

Turns out there was 1 bad connection between the grey data cable running between switch boards 2 & 3 (top left of playfield). The reason I was checking those cables was because not only would the game continually cycle trying to boot but also the switches off the board in the cabinet were the only switches registering in the switch test. Once I unplugged and re-seated the cable, the software loaded and all the switches registered. So, far as I can tell, none of the boards were bad and that one connection was it. It was hot glued in place so not sure what the real problem is/was.

Now, off to figure out why the score LEDs in the back box are not working along with 80% of the playfield LEDs.

I have spoken and emailed with AJ at Spooky while trying to figure this out. Currently, Emails get answered in a few days and it is hit or miss if he answers the tech support hotline. He said he was super busy today with all the calls for help coming in that had to wait because of the week off.

3 weeks later
#10392 1 year ago

#145 here. 2nd pin and 1st NIB. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully it is better reading than the morning paper.

I've recapped stereo speakers before and that is about the extent of my experience with the inside of electronics. Well, other than soldering a wire back to the magnet on my Goldeneye and changing fuses. Need to use my multi meter? Gotta go to YouTube for that. Super crazy month trying to get mine up and running. Seriously digging around the bottom of any playfield for the first time. Is it a board (mine would not boot completely), dip switches set incorrectly, a data cable, hot glue (soooo much hot glue) keeping a pin from seating correctly?? Plug one thing back in incorrectly and all of a sudden something funky pops up further up/down the chain. Pile on top of that, a manual that is incomplete and not always getting the correct info (like dip switch settings) from Spooky made for quite the nerve racking experience.

Blind faith, a lot of self reassurance (and patience) and calls/emails with AJ at Spooky and I am now, finally, up and running 6 weeks later. Trouble shooting and resolving all the problems mine had has been a masterclass in pinball repair. I now feel like I have a greater understanding of the individual systems and how they work together. The experience has been a blessing and a curse.

Not booting resolution is murky as I was trying multiple things at the same time and was not always paying full attention to what I was doing. I replaced the opto board but still had the problem. Can't remember if the dip switches were set incorrectly from the factory or if it was hot glue keeping a data cable from making proper contact. But after all that it now boots.

Score display had a visibly blown LED driver. New display corrected that.

Multiple playfield lights not animating as they should and/or off or only illuminated in white. Either a bad board or incorrect switch settings. I documented, I think, 2 light boards with incorrect switch settings from the factory. Of course, that wasn't determined until after I replaced some boards but was still having the same problems. Didn't help AJ initially gave me the wrong dip switch settings. Once that was figured out, the lights work correctly. It could have also been partially due to light connectors being plugged into the board in an incorrect spot. It would have helped immensely if the manual had the diagrams for all the boards explaining not just where they go on the playfield but also what each connection on the board does.

I knew it might be a rough experience, from what I have read on the forums, regarding QC but I also knew, again from what I have read, is that Spooky has great customer service (which is true). AJ sent me everything I might need, and more, just in case. So I rolled the dice and have no regrets. I bought TNA CE because I love the game and I want to support Spooky. I think what they are doing is great and I hope they have the finances and staying power to continue and grow. People rave about CGC pins but they are just now, seriously, getting CC out the door when Spooky already did a small run of TNA and will soon be shipping SD out probably before I even get my CC SE+. Are they perfect at it? No. Are they getting better at it, yes. Will their QC improve? According to AJ they are aware it can be better and are in the process to refining it, so i believe that will soon be a yes.

#10399 1 year ago

Here are the diagrams for the light boards I got from Spooky. Be careful with how you refer to them when speaking with Spooky support. Not everyone refers to the 1st board in the series as "board #0" even though it is labeled that way in the manual. You will want to make sure you both are on the same page.

PD-LED_1 (resized).jpgPD-LED_1 (resized).jpgPD-LED_2 (resized).jpgPD-LED_2 (resized).jpgPD-LED_3 (resized).jpgPD-LED_3 (resized).jpgPD-LED_4 (resized).jpgPD-LED_4 (resized).jpgPD-LED_5 (resized).jpgPD-LED_5 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddyrockstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=bigdaddyrockstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.