(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,243 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Pinzap
  • Topic is favorited by 173 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 767 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5DvhiW4 (resized).png
ApronEnvy-CustomTNAInstructionCard-rev3 (resized).png
ApronEnvy-CustomTNAInstructionCard-rev2 (resized).png
fullsizeoutput_a54 (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_a52 (resized).jpeg
2C0EE7D8-F18A-45F8-BC56-47DE1E3E0FA9 (resized).jpeg
F6E422D0-EDB2-48E2-AD30-323332BEB9B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1859 (resized).jpg
8b782be2f734eb06ea3cd11fadc2a3e864a4e24c (resized).jpg
post (resized).jpg
BC3F2139-E3FE-4568-A2EE-CB4F5EB79B81 (resized).jpeg
CB1E42D6-4F99-41D9-B89C-A1F1B50D8150 (resized).jpeg
7EB7D1BD-53F7-478D-8AA3-2C952508C298 (resized).jpeg
20190403_200023 (resized).jpg
B5A5D852-AF44-46E8-8BB4-9B7F6165E56E (resized).jpeg
47AFF10A-8ABE-4342-A427-9E8FD66CD184.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (1 year ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (1 year ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (1 year ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (1 year ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (1 year ago)

Post #1958 Beacon LED upgrade and suggestions with photos. Posted by NimblePin (1 year ago)

Post #2335 Picture of how trough should look like from Scott D. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2336 Switch adjustment suggestions. Posted by jar155 (1 year ago)

Post #2353 instructions on speaker grille add-on Posted by BorgDog (12 months ago)

Post #2423 Fanless Power Supply. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (11 months ago)

Post #2439 Images for those looking to swap the PSU fan Posted by OnTheSnap (11 months ago)

Post #2527 Info on replacement higher quality screen. Posted by audihere (11 months ago)

Post #2738 Great list of mods to consider. Posted by 27dnast (11 months ago)

Post #2834 Suggestions on contrast settings Posted by mayuh (10 months ago)

Post #3712 Spooky highlight playfield problem Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andhart120.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Scott, I'm just curious why you decided to drop the signature BEEP...BEEP down an octave in the new version of the song. Was there some technical reason? Or did you just like the way it sounded better?

That’s what I was curious about too. That and the multi drumbeat (or whatever you’d call it) during the opening track.

#1236 1 year ago

You can easily buy the FLAC files and convert them to MP3 to play in iTunes, etc. I am on a Mac and downloaded the free program FLAC MP3 Converter from the App Store and converted them then threw them on my iPod.

1 week later
#1327 1 year ago

When did you find this out? I sent my deposit in yesterday.

#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Does anyone know if this is on location in the Chicagoland area? I'd love to give it a try to see what it's all about. I'm tempted to drive out to Wisconsin to tour the factory if that's even allowed.

Bigby’s Pour House in Rolling Meadows
Brixies Saloon in Brookfield

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Thanks for that, I'm going to check out Bigby's tomorrow and put the machine through it's paces. I want to add a third machine to my small pinball collection and want to really play this game. Since I only have two pinball's right now, I'd love to have some variety in my collection and think this game might fit that bill.
Whats the consensus for adding this pin to a small collection?

Hopefully they got the one at Bigby’s running correctly. Last time I was there they had installed a bill acceptor which just ate your dollar and didn’t give any credits. The coin slots worked correctly but I didn’t have a whole bunch of quarters (it’s set on $1 a game so it will eat your money fast!) and the bartender claimed they didn’t carry that much change either. He was a cool guy but it seemed like he liked to talk up their Doctor Who machine and complain about TNA. He was complaining that the game is on too loud.....uh yeah that’s the point. They have an AC/DC premium and its on so quiet I can’t hear the music! What’s the point of having a music pin if you don’t have the music on?! Anyway, make sure you bring a bunch of quarters just in case and notify the bar if something doesn’t work with the credits.

#1348 1 year ago

Just found out I am #296! If Ryan is #299, that means at least 4 were sold on Monday.

7 months later
#3470 7 months ago

Anyone else have a drop target 3 down error? The target drops just fine during game play but if the game tries to drop it, the solenoid goes off for it but the target doesn’t drop. Solutions?

Also, some of the Star posts have a peeling piece of circlular Mylar under them. I’m assuming this was something used during production that doesn’t need to be there now.

#3474 7 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Go into the drop target test in the service menu and check if it is working there properly. If not, look at it physically and make sure it is not pulled back too far from the mech overall. You can also increase the pulse length slightly.
--Scott

I took a closer look at it and it seems like that last target needs a harder push for it to drop than the other two, like it’s spring loaded more. In the test mode the target drops correctly maybe 20% of the time tops. I did bump up the strength of the pulse (from 30 to 39 i believe) but that didn’t seem to affect it much.

#3476 7 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You may have to tweak it by bending the little silver tab that holds the brass finger away from the coil. If the brass finger is too far from the drop target, the coil may not be able to pull it in. Just reduce the gap to the coil slightly.
--Scott

So should I make the brass finger closer to the coil or the drop target? Sounds like you are saying it needs to be closer to the target but then it says reduce gap to the coil. Thanks for your help! Great job on this game!

#3502 7 months ago

Here is a quick video with the LED light everyone is talking about. Looks great!

4 weeks later
#3685 6 months ago

Mine did this as well. I just peeled them off.

1 month later
#3902 5 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So I found that spring 3 (in pic) was stuck in a compressed position. I jiggled it a little and it snapped back into place. So now the drop target test works as it should.
The targets appear to work now except that after locking 2 ball and hitting the drop target for MB, the machine seems a little delayed in realizing that I started MB - even though the target drops immediately and the balls come out. I don't remember it doing that before a few days ago - it was almost instant.
I also still get a bunch or drop target errors on just about every ball, but the targets seem to be working except for what I mentioned last paragraph.
Any ideas? Thanks.
[quoted image]

I had the exact same problem with spring #3 resulting in constant drop target 2 errors. If you can take that spring off and clip off one or two “rings” of the spring that ought to fix it if that’s the problem.

1 week later
#4009 4 months ago

I’m wondering if this will help at all. I tried placing 3/4” neoprene rubber washers under the slingshot star posts and the ones on either side of 3 Center targets. I removed the Mylar circles which peel out almost immediately after adding them anyway. I have a spot of paint now missing under one of the slingshot star posts about the size of a pinhead. My game is #296 for the record.

#4017 4 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I have the same paint coming off by the scoop and the right sling. I messaged spooky to send me those mylar rings to go under the posts. Hopefully that will slow the wear down.

Hate to say this but it won’t. They will start peeling off almost instantly. At least that’s what happened to me. I think they are just too thin to do anything.

#4045 4 months ago

Here is what mine looks like with the neoprene rubber washers underneath.

2BC0C3B9-752A-44AF-AB3F-7260B9A77489 (resized).jpegCAC313DA-07A5-4F08-8399-E4C31BFF472D (resized).jpeg
#4049 4 months ago

I got them at Lowe’s. They are 3/4” wide and kind of squash wider once you tighten down the post. I got 11/16” ones from Home Depot at the first which are almost exactly the same width as the posts but once you try tightening them down they would sit unevenly and the washer would kind of slip out from underneath. Like was said earlier the ball cant hit them so it doesn’t effect play at all.

#4051 4 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do you happen to have a stock number for them so I can walk right to them when I go to Lowe’s tomorrow?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Count-5-16-in-x-3-4-in-Neoprene-Standard-SAE-Fender-Washers/3012346

#4054 4 months ago

I installed 8 myself. 3 on each sling shot and the two next to the center targets. I didn’t need to add onto all 3 slings but I figured that way everything would stay level as far as the sling shot plastics go.

If you go to the store for these, take note of the product numbers. These come in tiny bags inside a drawer at the store and could easily get mixed up with other sizes.

#4060 4 months ago

Happy to see you guys like what I tried out. Hopefully it works out ok! I guess the jury is out if the neoprene/rubber will wear anything down at all itself but it definitely covers up anything that might already be there and it’s flexibility may help taking blows. I’d assume a soft rubber ring would do a lot less damage than sharp hard plastic!

#4086 4 months ago

I’m curious about those who have no damage....do you have no dimples as well? This I don’t really care about but I’m just curious. To me I’d expect this to be a common thing unlike the chipping issues.

#4087 4 months ago

Also for those installing washers right away, you might want to take the Mylar circles off too before they peel themselves off.

#4091 4 months ago

Yeah I figured that was what was going to happen regardless since that is the norm. No big deal.

#4126 4 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I received my nylon washers in the mail yesterday. Ordered from Lowes. Below is the link that AndHart120 posted on post 4051
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Count-5-16-in-x-3-4-in-Neoprene-Standard-SAE-Fender-Washers/3012346
I installed one under the star post to the right of the scoop. Just letting everyone know that I am extremely happy of the outcome. It looks good and is covering up the damaged area. It also looks like it will be preventing further damage. They were cheap and come 2 to a bag. Thanks again AndHart120 for sending us this link and trying out first!

No problem! Funny thing is I wanted to post that not only to help anyone else but to first make sure I wasn’t doing something that wasn’t a good idea! It made sense in my head that having a soft rubber like washer sitting/rubbing on the playfield would be better than hard plastic but I just wanted to make sure!

#4134 4 months ago

I use the PBL fender washers on my other pins slings as plastics guards (as done in the TNT videos). They are hard plastic not soft. The only thing I’d worry about with those is the edges are somewhat sharp and I wonder if they will wear a 3/4” circular scratch in the clear coat.

#4156 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

452 Set up and Dialed In!
Mods done... Upgraded monitor, TNA and Ghost LED backlighting, ceramic ball, sticker kit, purple led on start button, led upgrade to beacon, LED OCD speaker rings.
This is what happens when you have to wait 6 months and read this post every day. I wonder if I will stop looking every day now, doubt it. .......
Had Spooky add shaker, side mirrors, knocker and coin box.
Also waxed playfield, had to turn on amp, turn up gain on sub, adjust lock bar. Love the sticker on the back box idea, had to do it!
Loving Life!! Thanks Spooky!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder when they changed the slingshot artwork on the playfield. Anyone else notice this?

#4157 4 months ago

FYI about the rubber black washers. I just stopped at a Menards and decided to see if they carried them. They do. 49 cents for 2.

#4161 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Are you talking about that wood colored border? Mine doesn’t seem to have such a pronounced wood area either. That is interesting.

Yep that’s what I’m talking about. My slingshot posts are on top of colored playfield whereas in some of these pictures they are over cleared wood.

2 weeks later
#4375 3 months ago

Those decals will be fine.

1 month later
#4696 82 days ago

I just noticed this with the sound off....anyone have a real buzzy flipper?

Right flipper sure is noisy!

3 weeks later
#4822 61 days ago

Lesson learned. Don’t take pictures. Ball 3 Player 1 of 4 player co-op mode. 7 reactors down in 8 balls.....and then 0 in the last 4. Left reactor 8 critical with 2 targets on the left side to go. I can’t imagine getting this far in a normal game!

461AF548-EC02-4D8C-A6E6-4953C262D7E2 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4917 48 days ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I have been buying games for 7 years. I think my wife has played each game exactly one time. Sad. My daughter isn't into it either, so it's usually me in the basement solo.

Do my wife and I need to come play you? Lol

#4919 48 days ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Any time! Didn't you used to live in Montgomery too?

Yep. Used to live near the police station on Rt 30. Just about 15 mins north of there now.

4 weeks later
#5067 19 days ago

Posting those emails was ridiculous and it didn’t tarnish Charlie in any way either it honestly made you look worse than you initially did. I doubt most companies would respond to your messages even half as fast if at all.

1 week later
#5183 8 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Shit! Yeah, I really wanted the clear washers. Keep me posted. I am going to order more posts.
I wouldn't think that a chemical reaction could occur that quickly without discoloring the posts. Seeing as they are clear, but don't show the slightest amount of "fog" on them. Has anyone had this issue with the black washers?

I believe I was the original person who suggested the black washers from Lowe’s (I also found them at Menards but I’m not sure if there is any difference). So far I have not had any issues with broken star posts that I have seen and that is after several plays by myself and a tournament night. Like others have said, maybe they aren’t tightened down enough. At the very least, star posts are very cheap to buy at PBL.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andhart120.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside