(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#274 6 years ago

Just put down my deposit and joined the club, 196 here!

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Who'd you order thru? Tommy@ nitro? I'm thinking of selling acdc to join this club and get my first nib

Direct from Spooky, was totally painless and I don't see any harm in it. We'll see when it ships if I change my tune about that, though lol.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What's the deposit? Maybe I'll be 197? Lol. Group discount shipping rate to edm?

Shit, if that is viable, I'm down! I don't know if two pins shipping together would be cheaper, but if you get in and we can do that, I'm down hah

#292 6 years ago

For me, I never really see the side art in my lineups anyways, so I don't think I would get to appreciate it the way some others might. It is nice though.

4 months later
#1507 6 years ago

Fytr looks great man! Wish I could make it down to Calgary to take it for a spin, #196 seems so far off

#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What? You was just curious about his game. Nothing to do with when I get my game. You’re kinda a weirdo.

Namaste

1 month later
#1972 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm 234 KT told me late spring or early summer a couple of months ago!

I'm 198, and they are currently just above 100 now. At their current pace, I'm guessing I won't see my game until probably around late summer. Those original estimates were certainly based on their "2 games a day" mantra, which if the production numbers being delivered indicate, they are not meeting. I'm not complaining or anything, it will get here when it gets here, I just wouldn't get your hopes up that those original estimates are still accurate.

4 months later
#3381 5 years ago

So, I finally got sick of listening to the annoying power supply fan noise when the game is sitting idle and decided to do something about it. Here is what I have discovered:

-The fan itself is *not* noisy. The vibration from the fan resonating into the wood of the cabinet is what is making the noise. Don't believe me? Remove your fan from the housing and keep it plugged in. It's silent. I put a flipper rubber around the outside casing of the fan and set it down on the wood and it's at least half as quiet, which would be great, except for...

-There is basically no extra room inside the power supply housing to allow for installation of rubber, Dynamat or something similar to isolate vibration.

-You can install the fan on the outside, you just fish the fan wiring through current fan hole (or drill a small new hole). You will also need new hardware to mount the fan, I used some screws and nuts i had leftover from my computer build. This will allow you to install whatever kind of insulation and deadening you want, but I caution you to ensure that the fan is properly ventilating the power supply case and that no wires or anything are going to possibly come into contact with.

I'm still experimenting with this, but I'm baffled any of these made it through QC.

Edit: Here's how you get at least a 50% overall noise reduction, as well as almost completely eliminating the "car horn" tone:

-Turn off and unplug your machine
-Open up the power supply
-Disconnect the fan
-Take out two screws holding fan in and remove fan
-Cut up two flipper ring rubbers (or whatever, I used these and it worked good). One ring will be used between the fan and the power supply housing (cut in two two pieces, one on the top side and one on the bottom). The other flipper ring rubber is for underneath the power supply, and it will be cut into 4 pieces (one under each corner).
-Route the fan wiring through the bottom right fan vent hole (on the fan, the wiring comes out on that side, so it will put less stress on it), and ensure the fan is sitting with the writing on the power supply side (you want the fan to blow into the power supply, it vents on the other side).
-Using longer bolts and nuts instead of the original screws, mount the fan to the outside of the power supply(remember, writing on the power supply side) with the rubbers in between the fan and power supply.
-Close the power supply back up
-Put 4 rubber pieces under the corners of the power supply and screw it back down
-Drink 2 beers

It is still a fan, and you can still hear it, but it puts it on the level of the spike era sterns.

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

"Ok guys stop production, turn everything off, don't move.....I need to listen to this power supply fan to see if its loud in the home environment"
I think that's why it got missed in QC. Honestly, I don't leave my game on all the time. When I'm in the basement I have all my games on and I don't really hear anything. Most of the time I'm playing so that's the last thing I hear.....

I mean, I hear you, there's no way you're going to notice it in the shop with everyone working, but this is an inherent problem at the design level. During the design and testing phase, when it was without a doubt used in at least one quiet environment, nobody noticed this? All they needed to do, really, was put the power supply on an isolation pad and it would have mostly solved the issue.

I don't really think most people would notice it unless, like me, your game room is also your office.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 210.00
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.