(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1145 6 years ago

Mine went on location yesterday to get some test plays before it is used in the SCS tomorrow here in Indiana, my location is mostly locals at the bar/bowling alley and not really pinheads and they were loving the game, it was really cool to see. The game is going to Indy tomorrow for the tournament, back to Lafayette to be used at local arcade party 6th anniversary at night, then back to my location on Sunday.

#1175 6 years ago

TNA used in Indiana state championships today. Held up Great all day.

#1188 6 years ago

Added TNA to my location permanently last night and then proceeded to have an awesome game. Destroyed 4 reactors, 3 of them were multiplied, and one maxed out in value. Had the 5th one qualified but couldn't hang on.
image_uploaded_from_ios_1024 (resized).jpgimage_uploaded_from_ios_1024 (resized).jpg

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Very nice Tommy! Just curious - are you not running the latest code or is the version that awards one point per reactor destroyed just not available yet?

Not available yet publicly to my knowledge. If it was I’d have had higher score because I hit super jackpot which is now I believe add a ball and 4x playfield.

#1194 6 years ago

I'm looking for some info from other operators that have the game out in the wild. I'm curious what people are doing for pricing and for the physical setup of the game.

I checked my audits after 24 hours and around 60 plays and noticed the game times were incredibly short. I increased the ball save time a bit to start with. I hung out at my location last night for about 3 hours, in those 3 hours a ball got shot under the right sling rubber 3 times. I reduced the power on the slings from 8 down to 6. I think I'm going to head back tonight and close the outlanes a bit as well. I want people to enjoy playing the game and I could tell some people last night were getting frustrated with its speed. Thinking about reducing flipper power as well, anyone done this yet?

I originally planned to price the game at $.75 with buy 3 get one free to encourage 4-player games, everything else at my location is $.50, but after seeing how short the games were I felt I need to leave it at $.50 as well. What are some of you doing for pricing?

I added mylar to the shooter lane and it has the plastic protectors, otherwise anything people are doing for protection anywhere on the game?

#1281 6 years ago

Just did first week of collection at my location with TNA added in, TNA doubled the next best game in earnings and location had second highest total weekly earnings since games were added 10 months ago. Saw increase in most titles this week. Thanks Spooky and Company.

3 weeks later
#1541 6 years ago

Destroyed reactor 5 tonight. It felt pretty awesome, can’t wait to get the next one.

#1560 6 years ago

Is everyone too busy playing to new code to talk about it? It dropped last night! Somewhere around 11PM, I had to run out and buy a usb flash drive because for some reason all of mine were missing, turns out not every store carries those anymore, downloaded it over the free wifi at my location, and had one of the easiest code update experiences I've ever had on a game.

Only got to play one game on the new code but it was a good one destroying 4 reactors and scoring a bit over 2.5 million. The changes to the lights, music, and sound effects stood out immediately. I got a triple jackpot but missed the super and add-a-ball which I really wanted to get, I plan to go back for some more punishment on the game tonight. Thanks for the sweet update Scott and keep up the good work!

#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

What? Guess Scott found the bug and squished it.

Yeah it was pretty late at night, there were only two people left in the bar at my location when I showed up to install the update but they were enjoying it when I left.

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Just put in one game with the new code. Initial thoughts: It's easier... Meaning I was able to get high score #1 without much effort and breezed through reactors 1&2. I'm guessing the higher scores are from points awarded where they weren't before? locked balls now and rollovers.
The music seems muffled compared to the last code, please don't shoot me for saying so, but that's what I hear.

Perhaps default volume level was changed?

2 weeks later
#1838 6 years ago

We had TNA as our last game for the league season last night and I destroyed reactor 1 on ball one after getting the super jackpot for the add-a-ball and got 4x value! It is right up there with getting a 4x super jackpot for me as a pinball adrenaline rush.

#1843 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can't say I understand how the various playfield multipliers and bonus multipliers work, but they are essential for giving games longevity. For me anyway.

Spelling core in the top rollover lanes gives you bonus multipliers. Multiball gives you playfield scoring multipliers 2x, 3x, and possibly 4x depending on how many balls you have in play at the time. The number of reactors you have destroyed multiplies your jackpot values, so say you have destroyed 8 reactors, and then get a triple jackpot, with 4 balls in play, my math says that is a 96x jackpot (8x3x4). I'm theorizing, but I think that is actually possible.

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I was just thinking the other day about the use of the 1's digit as a counter for the # of reactors destroyed...such a cool idea! Then i was thinking, it's inevitable that one day that single point will make someone the winner in a ridiculously close game. Then i noticed the scores you happened to catch in that pic :

Good news bad news situation. That is co-op mode. All players work together towards destroying the 9 reactors, but only the player who destroys the actual reactor gets the point for its destruction, very fun. I can't wait to add this code to my location so people can team up.

2 weeks later
#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

What does the RAD targets do? Same question for the 1-2-3?
As far as production goes, I’ve had literally zero issues out of box. I put all leg levelers down set it up and started playing. Haven’t measured the incline but seems to be playing great. I think sound is great out of box. Balls looked fine to me so I’ve been using them. (Guessing maybe from Pinball Life? - scott?), playfield is perfect. Easiest setup I’ve ever done.

RAD targets light mystery award at scoop, they are also frequently used as targets to destroy the reactors. The 1-2-3 targets increase reactor value, and if completed in order 1-2-3 max out value of the reactor.

#2147 5 years ago

Destroyed 4 reactors last night again, but poorly timed destructions almost all came right after draining out of multiballs, had a better score two nights before with only two reactors destroyed but for max value and one during a 4x multiplier with the add-a-ball. Such great strategy in this game.

1 week later
#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

But in the settings you can select at what reactor you get a free ball. Mine is 2 and 5

Mine is set to 2 & 5 as well, makes it more attainable for the general public players.

1 month later
#2975 5 years ago

Finally destroyed the 5th reactor. This game just keeps me hooked! F00746A3-93EC-46EA-9D88-246B29FAED68 (resized).jpegF00746A3-93EC-46EA-9D88-246B29FAED68 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#3555 5 years ago

Just installed the new bulb for the topper light. At first it caused game to reboot. Then I reseated it and it seemed to work fine. I think maybe I didn’t have it all the way in the first time or soemthing.

2 months later
#4293 5 years ago

Any chance we can get a TNA rubber kit posted to Pinball Life? Mine has been on location exactly 11 months now and it is about ready to be shopped out.

#4296 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You have the audits like total plays and average ball time?

I can check out next time I'm there. I believe its something like 1300-1500 plays and the ball times are incredibly short the last time I had checked it. I have my inlanes as closed as they can go and ball save times maxed out, but my location isn't frequented by a ton of pinheads who know how to play the game so to most it is just a cool light show with one good song, most of my players don't destroy any reactors.

4 weeks later
#4569 5 years ago

I just noticed it happen on an upper sling in the reactor area for me for the first time last night. I will give the beta code a shot and let you know what I see.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=Tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.