(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballocd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3263 5 years ago

#452 going to be a long 2018. 1st of year for me. I am excited.

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

It's going to feel even longer when you realize you'll have to wait through 2018 also. The good news is that time travel may allow you jump forward a year.

LOL this is what happens when you order a pinball at work when you should be working. Now 2019 needs to get her soon.

2 months later
#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

335 was delivered a few days ago... it’s gotta sit in its box awaiting my gameroom... I mean TNA’s house to be finished
Also got an extra playfield to have around

What did the extra playfield set you back?

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spooky's Session at Pinball Expo. Was fantastic...

Thanks for posting. Very cool. Love the inside stuff on a game I will soon have.

1 week later
#3757 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramair97:

My speaker panel overlay I made
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. What material did you make it out of? I want one!!

3 weeks later
#3895 5 years ago

Don’t have machine yet, but just ordered a spring just in case.

1 week later
#4044 5 years ago

452 on the Truck! AWWWWYEA!!!!

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I went ahead and ordered a bunch on Lowes.com. Thanks again for the link. The wear by my scoop is really bad and has gotten worse. By the look of your pictures, the washer should cover the area and stop the playfield from wearing/chipping. I would suggest everyone who is having this issue pick these up now. They look nice as well!

Just ordered 12 to have on hand. Thanks!

#4131 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

class act! you guys are awesome!!

+1 Agree they are on it!!

#4137 5 years ago

Ok just got 452 set up and turned her on. No sound and shaker not working? Help!!!!

#4138 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Ok just got 452 set up and turned her on. No sound and shaker not working? Help!!!!

Edit shaker working just no sound volume set at 6.

#4139 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Edit shaker working just no sound volume set at 6.

Amp was off switch on right front side for reference.

#4142 5 years ago

452 Set up and Dialed In!

Mods done... Upgraded monitor, TNA and Ghost LED backlighting, ceramic ball, sticker kit, purple led on start button, led upgrade to beacon, LED OCD speaker rings.

This is what happens when you have to wait 6 months and read this post every day. I wonder if I will stop looking every day now, doubt it. .......

Had Spooky add shaker, side mirrors, knocker and coin box.

Also waxed playfield, had to turn on amp, turn up gain on sub, adjust lock bar. Love the sticker on the back box idea, had to do it!

Loving Life!! Thanks Spooky!!!!!

OopknmtdTP6iaowr5NnaYg (resized).jpgOopknmtdTP6iaowr5NnaYg (resized).jpgEolxiggJTUmQmEPFM9BFyw (resized).jpgEolxiggJTUmQmEPFM9BFyw (resized).jpgztgzr0C+RqKr6Ywv6XNJkw (resized).jpgztgzr0C+RqKr6Ywv6XNJkw (resized).jpg
#4144 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I'm less than 24 hours in with a couple dozen plays and my mylar rings are already almost totally peeled off :\. Could have sworn it was said this was fixed?

Will be checking mine. Just lost my back lighting on TNA side rails and Ghost. Email sent to Hooked On Pinball.

#4145 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I'm less than 24 hours in with a couple dozen plays and my mylar rings are already almost totally peeled off :\. Could have sworn it was said this was fixed?

Email Kayte for nylon rings.

#4147 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just need lighted flipper buttons.

Which ones do you recommend?

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got mine from pinball life

Dumb question which ones will work on TNA?

#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I forget. If you email them, they will let you know. Also needed an extra board. Turns out to be kinda pricey(~$70) , but they look awesome.

Thanks, e-mail sent.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

My mylar rings are almost peeled off as well 20-30 games. Email sent to Spooky for washers.

#4179 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Fancy flippers buttons are shweet.[quoted image]

Ordered mine today. Scott posted on his site the power board and buttons you can use.

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

451 finally shuffled its way into Vermont! Made the trip in good shape and seems to be working pretty well. It has thrown a couple drop target errors which will need investigating but the lock system seems to be working, so not sure what that's about yet.
One thing I'm not a fan of is the playfield mounting system. While lifting it to make sure everything looked OK underneath, I slid it out too far quite easily and dropped it into the cabinet at the back. Doesn't seem to have harmed anything but I don't like the lack of positive retention. That little hook at the end of the slide rail is near useless.
[quoted image]

Dropped mine as well yesterday. Felt like the biggest idiot. I broke the tab of the rear right gate coil. Guarantee I will not do it again.

#4207 5 years ago

About to email Spooky support. Figured I would reach out here to see if it might be a quick fix. Turned on machine tonight to play my nightly pinball and no sound. Amp light not on. Switch on amp is on, I checked all connections on amp and power brick for amp. Did a few restarts and even hit the white button in the back box. Stereo plug is plugged in on back of monitor board. Does the amp only turn on when it senses sound or when switch is turned on amp light should be on? Im thinking amp?? Bummer for sure!

C00yo0NFQh64iCYVWvEQBA (resized).jpgC00yo0NFQh64iCYVWvEQBA (resized).jpg
#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

About to email Spooky support. Figured I would reach out here to see if it might be a quick fix. Turned on machine tonight to play my nightly pinball and no sound. Amp light not on. Switch on amp is on, I checked all connections on amp and power brick for amp. Did a few restarts and even hit the white button in the back box. Stereo plug is plugged in on back of monitor board. Does the amp only turn on when it senses sound or when switch is turned on amp light should be on? Im thinking amp?? Bummer for sure!
[quoted image]

Well damn, I think Spooky service responded to my email in about 30 seconds. Trouble shooting now. WOW, I wish all companies were like this!! Thumbs up Spooky!

#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Here’s some pics for swapping the psu fan. You need to remove the psu from the machine. Open it’s case. Remove the screws from the PCB to free the fan. Cut the fan wire from the old fan. Solder it on the new fan.
About an hour of work. $10 in parts.
The mod cut the noise down by 80%. Now it’s great and not annoying at all.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for this. Installed my fan last night. The 747 has left my basement, so much quieter. FYI I noticed you changed the direction of your air flow from stock. Stock fan was blowing through the power supply. I stayed with this as it blows air across the heat fins.

#4237 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just need lighted flipper buttons.

Installed lighted flipper buttons last night in Purple. Looks amazing! Thanks for the push to do this. Also thanks Scott for helping me on the phone with parts needed. So cool to talk to the man who built this amazing pin.

#4239 5 years ago

Too cool of a sticker to go to waste!

75886AF5-AD8C-41FA-BD05-F774A9D9D558 (resized).jpeg75886AF5-AD8C-41FA-BD05-F774A9D9D558 (resized).jpeg
#4243 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Was the sticker easy to separate from the cardboard? I cut mine out with the card attached but haven't decided what to do with them yet.

Yea mine pealed off no problem, just a little bit of cardboard paper pulled. It was cold outside, might have helped.

#4310 5 years ago
1 week later
#4394 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you so much! This is a huge amount of work, but it is all good. I appreciate the kind words, it makes it all worth it.
--Scott

Yes awesome game. My wife doesn’t like to play pinball, but I have seen her play more in the last week on TNA than she has in the 15 years I’ve been in the hobby. Great job on this game! Very unique pin for sure.

#4397 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Same here; TNA is one of two pinball machines my wife likes to play (other being AFM). Co-op is super fun with her!

So I should get a AFM? Dumb question how does co-op work?

#4402 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Co-op (TNA) you press and hold in the start button before adding second player and you then add additional players up to 4.
After that you all are on the same team. Player 1 players first ball, player 2 players second ball and so on each get three balls plus extra balls if earned.
So if you had three players you’d get 9 balls plus extra balls. You all get the same score so if player one gets 88888 then player 2 starts at that point and adds on. You all share your goals across players just as if you were playing one player. So if a reactor is active and you drain the next player takes up from there.
As far as I know there is no keeping track of who got how many points so it’s not a compitetion. But if you destroy a reactor you get a 1 at the end of your score and if you don’t destroy you get a 0 otherwise each player has the same score.

Awesome thanks will play tonight

#4408 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For vs mode I think you press and hold when you are adding additional players. Not sure exactly but there is an onscreen prompt that spells it out. You have to press and hold the start button when you start a new game.

Co-op is the bomb. My 11 daughter has 4 friends over tonight and I have 5 pins and TNA is the only one getting played. Also my wife played about 5 co-op games with me tonight and she admitted she likes TNA. I did not know Scott was good at creating family bonding. Amazing! Happy New Year everyone!

#4409 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You should get AFM it’s one of the best pinball ever. But it doesn’t have co-op or vs mode only TNA has those. I wish other games would be able to play co-op and vs but they don’t. It’s a great idea that TNA has and another great idea for TNA is a speed run where it remembers how long it takes to destroy each reactor and you can enter your initials if you get a better time than has already been recorded.

Damn I want a AFMRLE Now.

#4413 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, it is super annoying!
Basically
- Pull the glue out of the button holes. I used a tiny flathead screwdriver.
- Unscrew all of the wood screws on the side rails. Don’t freak out, it is easy.
- Gently lift out the side rail, and clean all he crap off of it from the laser cutting.
- Put the light in, mind the screw holes, one ends up going through the non-powered plastic of the light. Make sure it looks good before you peel the adhesive.
- Push the wires all the way back into the back box crevice between the cabinet and head.
- Optional: I ran mine through the existing wire tubing to keep it as clean as possible.
- Plug it into the aux power port pictured on the Hooked On Pinball site.

This is great as I could have used this. Be careful when lifting head the first time not to pull on the wires, I learned the hard way, 2nd set was a charm. I did however give up on the ghost back lighting as after 2 sets could not get them to work 100%. Would love to see how you guys with this mod were able to get the wires off the light cards to bend and not get jacked up.

3 weeks later
#4619 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So now that my game is home in my basement it is time to address the screaming loud PS fan.
Looks like the stock fan spec is for 23.5 CFM Noise Level 34.5 dBA.
I see here in OnTheSnap posting (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/49#post-4370299) that he used one with much lower airflow (and noise): Air Flow: 12 CFM Noise Level: 20 dBA
Is there a general consensus that this lower airflow is sufficient?
I have found this model that is very quiet: Air Flow 13.8 CFM Noise 10.7 dB(A) (https://www.digikey.ca/products/en/fans-thermal-management/dc-fans/217?k=fan+60x60x25&k=&pkeyword=fan+60x60x25&sv=0&pv191=2059&sf=0&FV=ffe000d9%2C38007e%2C30404d2%2C1f140000&quantity=&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&pageSize=25)
Anyone do this mod and have any issues with the PS overheating, etc.? Am I good to go?

I installed the same one as onthesnap about a month ago and the only thing I have noticed it is a hell of a lot quieter. I highly recommend.

#4621 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Cool thanks!
...see what I did there?

See my post here about fan direction.......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/85#post-4736573

1 month later
#4880 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am about to order Hooked pop bumper mod and noticed the ceramic ball mod. What are your guys thoughts on ceramic ball for TNA? Is it worth it? This game is kicking my ass-can't imagine the ball being even faster-holy reject batman.
Also I have decided I am going to order a Polk for my TNA. It does have significant bass-but I want more

I have the pop bumper mod and like it. Have ceramic ball to throw in for the kids, but not a regular thing. Hell yea add a sub, added one last week and holy hell!!!! I Used a speaker jack splitter at the amp and ran a set of RCA to line level on the sub, cabinet speaker still in operation. I have a dedicated sub on all my pins and love it. Feel the bass!!!

#4886 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Fu%@ Yea Brother![quoted image]

Had that pic on my bedroom wall as a kid. Right next to this one.

D48E175D-5758-4763-99D7-12140ECF8F99 (resized).jpegD48E175D-5758-4763-99D7-12140ECF8F99 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5256 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

kingpingames Thanks for all the effort you put in to make a manual happen! Much appreciated!

Yes thank you kingpingames!

1 year later
#7485 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

How about adding a jukebox mode like stern has done to all there latest games. That way I can listen to the games wonderful music without going into test mode.

Awesome idea!!!!!

#7490 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Can I just put this in the maybe file?
--Scott

Definitely!

2 months later
#7688 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone pick up one of those upgraded alpha-numeric panels that go between the flipper?
I saw them on Pinball Life, and saw that they include some additional LEDs for an added light show?!?!
Was just curious to know if anyone picked one up?

Yes do it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballocd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=Pinballocd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.