(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5168 4 years ago

Recently joined the TNA club.

I tired to improve the view of the LCD screen. I found the buttons on the back and got brightness turned down but couldn't figure out how to get to contrast in the menu to adjust that. ??

Also, someone told me that somebody might make a spacer so the LCD screen could be tipped back at an angle to make the screen perform or view better.
Can somebody point me to someone that has made such an angled spacer if they are available ?

Thanks

#5170 4 years ago

Yes - I got the brightness turned down. I wanted to change the contrast but couldn't figure out how to get to that setting to adjust it. Maybe the contrast is the tricky one to navigate to. I wasn't able to get to that one to adjust it.

Maybe somebody can remember the sequence to adjust that setting. Thanks in advance.

#5172 4 years ago

Yes, I was in that menu and I adjusted brightness - I couldn't get it to go down to the next menu item, contrast - that's where I'm asking for help .

I could only get into the first item, brightness and make the change. Easy enough. Could not get into the next item down in the menu and make it "active" to change it.

#5174 4 years ago

I got back in and into the settings and finally stumbled into contrast and adjusted that too. Now at 25 brightness and 85 contrast. That made some improvement. Still wouldn't hurt to have an angled spacer for the screen. If somebody has made one I'd like to hear about it.

Added over 5 years ago:

Post Footnote:

I explored tipping the screen as if I had a spacer and I don't think a small spacer would achieve much more than adjusting the brightness and contrast has already done. Brightness at 25 and Contrast at 85 is a decent improvement over the stock settings of 50 and 50. Gamma setting remains On.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
5 months later
#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just watched the video. Very cool. Does this help with getting plunged shots to fall through the lanes. I have a very tough time with that even after a year or whatever of ownership.

I have been thinking just changing the shooter spring to one that is not as strong might help. Anybody try a weaker spring on the shooter rod for plunged shots ?

#5902 4 years ago

Plunge shot on TNA seems to be harder than most games. I was thinking a different tensile strength spring might make it a bit easier for those that would like it easier. More in line with some other games. You don't have to change it if you don't want to. I was just asking if anybody explored it. Might make it a bit more achievable for guests or casual players like myself.

You are correct shooter gauges have been on pins for ages. I kinda knew that. Not that it's new news to me.

I'm not a competition player. A new replacement spring of a different tensile strength might make the plunge shot more achievable.

I am familiar with the philosophy of Steve Ritchie. Thanks though.

2 months later
#6146 4 years ago

Turn the game off. Unplug it and sell it. That should take care of the issue. At least from that particular machine.

5 months later
#6856 3 years ago

Moved my TNA to my son's house yesterday for him to enjoy and make a little room at my place. Holy cow. I forgot how heavy that game is !

Anybody know what's the actual weight of TNA ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.