(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Maide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3048 5 years ago

Very excited to be in this club with 344; I'll see you all in the Future!

3 months later
#3623 5 years ago

TNA 344 has shipped!

#3652 5 years ago

I received 344 today, and I think it's worth noting that you should try wiping down the playfield and edges of things on the playfield; I keep finding wood fibers and random bits all over the place on there. Better to remove it with a cloth than smash it around with pinballs.

#3671 5 years ago

edit: double post

#3672 5 years ago

Any idea what's up with these plastic rings around the feet of all the star posts? All but one of mine are falling off all over the playfield. Are they supposed to be there, or why are they coming off?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

They were put on as a precaution for high impact areas. Feel free to peel them off if you don't want or need them.

It's not necessarily that I don't want them, it's that they've (all but one) bubbled up and are falling off with fewer than 50 plays. Since mine will only ever be HUO while I own it, I don't mind and I will remove the ones that have come up, but if these are designed to address an issue, they're not working too well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Anyone needs the mylar circles, reach out to [email protected] and we'll send them to you immediately.

I received my game a week ago, and all but one of the mylar circles have come loose and been destroyed by normal light play. Was there improper installation of the mylar (many people here say the same thing happened to them), or does this solution only work for a few days? I don't want to waste everybody's time and money ordering and installing these if it's just going to fall off again in a week.

I have attached a photo of what it looked like before I removed the mylar (top of the right-slingshot). The only one I have left is the bottom of the right slingshot.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3723 5 years ago

Regardless... it has been acknowledged, addressed, and not ignored. We bust our asses to get these boards the best anyone can make them... and we've already adopted what we learned here as well.

I'm sorry if I was too blunt in my questions before, I definitely don't want to accuse you all of ignoring issues/etc. We all see the games getting delivered in this thread, and that's one of the biggest statements a company can make.

I'll email KT about ordering a set of mylar rings and give that a shot.

I wonder if flat metal washers sized the same as the mylar could help disperse the energy, or if it'd just dig into the playfield. It'd need to hug the screw to not move around, I guess.

#3767 5 years ago

I finally managed to take down the 250 spins leaderboard entry.. with a measly 252. I'll keep at it, and see if I can get to 300 soon!

#3789 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Curious if anyone has heard whether or not Cliff R. was planning on running a small protector set (mainly scoops) for the playfield? I e-mailed him a couple weeks back, but have yet to get a reply...

I asked him about this before, and this was his response:

yeah nada for tna until i get a game to work from I'm afraid. i do hope a local near me gets one so i can borrow it

1 month later
#4132 5 years ago

Sad part is, it was us being over cautious that caused it.

My electrician always says "no good deed goes unpunished". I've found it to be quite true.

Thank you for owning this. I can't wait for my ACNC next year, you all are killing it!

3 weeks later
#4395 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Yes awesome game. My wife doesn’t like to play pinball, but I have seen her play more in the last week on TNA than she has in the 15 years I’ve been in the hobby. Great job on this game! Very unique pin for sure.

Same here; TNA is one of two pinball machines my wife likes to play (other being AFM). Co-op is super fun with her!

2 months later
#5017 5 years ago

Any word on how much longer v1.3.1.b3 will be in beta?

#5021 5 years ago

Went to install the latest code on my TNA, but grabbed the wrong USB, and it booted MemTest86. I'm not sure that's ever been run on a pinball machine before, but it was sure funny to see it go.

#5028 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I'm extraordinarily unhappy with how my TNA has worn around the posts and slings. The solution is not good at all either.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

+1 - I find it staggering that people are happy with the response.

You should email Spooky about it.

#5034 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I got an LED bulb for the topper at TPF. The cover of the topper, I'm not familiar with the screw heads. Is it some sort of security bit?

I believe it's a Torx Security bit. You can buy a set of bits for it pretty cheap on Amazon or from your hardware store (probably)

#5115 5 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

My question is, have all TNA's been delivered up to #550? Or are there a few left on the line yet to be made?
Really just curious more than anything else.

I think Joe at PinballSTAR has some still: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55540

1 week later
#5198 5 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

You spelled 'destory' wrong.

Don C

This was the first thing I noticed as well.

#5230 5 years ago

Finally played this with a Powerball, and wow does that ball ever move fast. It really spices the game up, swapping out one ball for it.

2 weeks later
#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm interested in finding one in Canada if anyone is thinking of selling or trading

I remember seeing someone selling one out-west in SK, in the Canada trading thread, for what seemed like a lot, but it might be right after the exchange rate and import duty. I've been out of the country for too long to know what going rates would be.

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

The "problem" with a lot of these is pick up only.
Not very convenient.

Most people prefer to not have to deal with shipping and all the related complications (fraud, damaged during transport, preparing game for shipment, etc). There aren't many in the area, and I don't expect them to sell any time soon, so you may have to make a trip to pickup a game, if you really want one soon.

1 month later
#5495 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OMG, just joined the club this morning.... Loving it! I'm on old software, any tricks to updating, or is it like a stern? Came with 102 plays on it, butter cab, Shaker, knocker, plastic protectors, and I just installed the lit rail mod. Wooohooooo! What a fun game.
[quoted image]

It updates similar to a Spike2 stern, yep. There's a USB slot on the mini-computer in the backbox, on the (right?) side. I think the USB ports are facing upwards. You turn the game off, plug your USB in, turn on the game and let the update run, turn off the game, remove the USB, and then start the game again.

1 month later
#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I made it with my vinyl cutter.

Any chance you'd sell a kit? That looks quite good!

2 weeks later
#5743 4 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I have a brand new playfield if anyone is looking. Looking for a pinbot or $$

How much?

7 months later
#6322 4 years ago

I'd put it just north of the RAD targets plastic, by the second set of screws.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Maide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=Maide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.