(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jesder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8697 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Are these only available to those in the Spooky Club at this stage? Currently there doesn't appear to be any option to order on their website.

Orders open Thursday Sept 1st 10am CST (1am Friday morning for myself in Melbourne).

Once they start taking orders, you have to be in the Fang club to order. I'd assume if all 250 don't sell to Fang club members, then they would open it up to everyone else. I think that ordering exclusivity goes for two weeks.

#8749 1 year ago

I'M IN!

Not many units ever made it to Australia, and this has been on my to buy list for over 3 years!

So excited to have my name one one

#8803 1 year ago

This may be a silly question - but will the lighted side rails work fine with the 2.0 cabinet?

In terms of fit, I'm sure they would but I'm curious if the internals of the cabinet will have the same connection point to plug them in to for power.

#8858 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

No clue as of yet. There is nothing super pressing in terms of bugs, but I did add a major Scorbit integration in version 1.4.2. I have some things I am working on in the code, but it is really nothing major. I tried to add another multiball, but abandoned it as it just muddied up the game.
--Scott

Have you considered adding in something like the "challenge modes" on Stern games or even "Impossible play" (all settings at max difficulty). Having their own high score tables and offering a slight twist on the normal gameplay offers up variety without impacting the normal game.

I love stepping up to my Jurassic Park and having to decide if I'm playing the normal game, or playing the challenge mode (and if it's the challenge mode, am I in the mood for points, or trying to speed run since it offers score tables for both). Same with my Mando - the challenge and impossible play modes give a nice break from the regular game. It helps keep things fresh and adds variety to the single table.

#8900 1 year ago

There is a mini game built into the game already. There is a setting under Gameplay (Feature) called "Annihilation After Reactor". Set that to 1 and see who can do it scoring the most points. It basically sets the end of the game after whatever reactor you want!
--Scott

That sounds like an excellent candidate for a Stern style challenge mode. Without requring players to go into the settings to enable, it would be great if it you're able to select it at the start of the game and have highest score & fastest time records. Giving that mode its own score / time tracking would encourage replay for single players at home and also work well as a way to build skills in boosting reactor value and/or destroying the reactor quickly.

#8941 1 year ago

How do the 1-2-3 targets (located at the top right of the reactor area) work in terms of rules?

From the videos I've watched, you have to hit them in order to advance and they reset on ball loss. But I'm not sure how they impact the game.

#8944 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Complete them to increase the value of the reactor jackpot, I believe

If you hit 1-2-3 in order, they max out the reactor value. If your reactor value is already maxed, they advance the reactor. If your reactor is critical and maxed out, they do nothing.
--Scott

Thank you both for clarifying that!

Just watching more game play, I did now see the 1-2-3 target inserts turn off right after the "Reactor value max" call out. It looks like the player can continue to push the reactor value higher after that though, although only the CORE lanes and reactor slings count towards this. Is that correct? So the 1-2-3 targets can be used to quickly reach the reactor max, and from there the player can push it higher if they choose to?

1 week later
#9023 1 year ago

A post from Scott on Facebook - Looks like a Jukebox mode (similar to what we now see on Stern games) being added to TNA?

I listen to this on Spotify a lot - would be a great addition to the game if so

jukebox_mode_maybe (resized).pngjukebox_mode_maybe (resized).png

#9071 1 year ago

In this example, the game would end on reactor 3. This setting was made so that people could do challenges to a certain reactor. I love doing 1 reactor challenges, because it forces you to think about how to maximize your points. You want to max out the reactor, set up multiball, but not release the multiball until you are ready to destroy. There are a bunch of other things you can do too since you have 3 balls to work with. If you accidentally trigger multiball too early, you can focus on just smashing jackpots while trying to max out the reactor value. This is much easier said than done though and makes for a good time. OK, back to my morning coffee.
--Scott

Please please please add this as a single player challenge mode with it's own high score table entry!

#9137 1 year ago

Here it is everyone!!!
V1.5.0 has been officially released!!!

Awesome!

I only got to see the end of the stream, but it sounds like it all went well then

I'm curious if you've considered adding that 1 reactor challenge you mentioned a couple of pages back as its own mode (selectable at the start) in a future update with its own high score for people to grind away it? It requires a different approach to press points with just the 1 reactor to destory and with its own high score entry, would be appealing for players to challenge themselves with while working within the same ruleset as the full game.

Is it possible? or not something you feel is worth adding?

3 weeks later
#9405 1 year ago

Got my email asking about butter/no butter, etc. I'm CE #100.

Still some wait before the game is made and arrives in Australia - but it's a step closer

4 weeks later
#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Received #107 today.

Damn - I'm #100 haven't heard anything after payment a few weeks ago

4 weeks later
#9984 1 year ago

CE #100 arrived safely in Melbourne today. All set up and running.

A couple of issues I need to look into though.

First is the display looking very washed out. Looking at the monitor settings, it has brightness and contrast set to 50 - is this what others have?

Second is holding the left flipper button in to trap up generates a coil hum (right flipper is fine).

1 week later
#10093 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Here's a random question. I noticed that, above the instruction card and the credits card, there are two stickers that say "Lane Change!" with arrows that point to... nothing? What does lane change mean? What is this about?
Max

The arrows refer to the flipper buttons.

You use the flipper buttons to cycle the lit inserts on the S.A.V.E lanes and also the C.O.R.E lanes at the top.

3 months later
#10965 12 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Thank you. It's going to be next to my Godzilla. Is it easy to remove that red card from around the light?

Yep, it's 4 screws (two each side) - so easy to remove.

2 weeks later
#11049 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

So i finally received the cooler today and installed it and omg what a difference!! All components are cool to the touch now and no slowdowns. Great suggestion! Definitely worth the cost. Thanks again
Oh and the fan is completely silent so no added noise.

Thanks for posting about this. I ordered the one from mouser that you linked.

How easy is it to remove the old heatsink and install the new one with the fan?

Also, where do you connect the small 2 pin fan connector to on the cpu board?

2 weeks later
#11106 10 months ago

One of my favorite games to stream is the TNA CE I purchased late last year. I have a redemption on stream to play the "Single reactor challenge", with the highscore holder having their name on screen (each TNA stream) until it's beaten by another attempt.

The single reactor battle is an unoffcial mode that Scott came up with and posted on his blog about a few years ago: https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1777

This mode is a lot of fun and forces you to play the game differently, while working within the same rule set of the game. Over time, I've been slowly pushing my score higher and higher as I make attempts on stream for viewers. In a recent stream, I dedicated the whole stream to the challenge mode and managed to break 1.6M for the first time - which is now on YouTube:

If you've not yet given this "mode" a try - DO IT! Simply set the game to 1 reactor and score as many points as you can before taking out the reactor. Sounds simple, but higher scoring becomes more difficult as you really want to destory the reactor on ball 1, in multiball, while having a max reactor value and pressing points along the way.

I'd love to see this added as a "Challenge mode" in a future code update - it's worthy of being an officially recognised mode. Similar to what we see with new Sterns these days adding in challenge modes. Being able to select this from the attract mode (like you would for team / co-op modes) would make it easily accessible and having it's own highscore table entry would make it something for people to grind away at and get better.

For anyone that's interested, you can watch the full VOD here with all (good and bad) attempts from the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1831405933

It's a great challenge - give it a go!

2 weeks later
#11164 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you don't mind repeating info for the sake of discussion (i know i can read the rulesheet) can you tell me what the skillshots are?
I got the hands free, that delicate plunge to the top inlanes and getting the one the game chose, i assume if it's missing and you change lanes that's another.
It appears as the top target on the standups bottom left is lit for one?
I've got the lock a few times off the plunge, and it seems that sometimes it gives me a skillshot, and others it's just quick lock?

The skillshots I know of are:

1) Before launching the ball, you can use the flipper buttons to change which of the C-O-R-E shots is lit (you can choose this). If you can plunge the ball into that shot, you get super skill shot.

2) After launching the ball, you can use the flipper buttons to cycle the lit C-O-R-E shot (away from your original selection), but this will just be a regular skill shot if you get the ball into the newly selected lit shot.

3) Secret Skillshot - Full plunge, let the ball bounce off the left flipper (do not use the left flipper at all) and then use the right flipper to get it into the drop targets (ball locks).

2 months later
#11404 7 months ago

Managed to completed the game on stream tonight - Reactor 9 is no more!

A raw reaction from the moment: https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessTastyMeatloafRiPepperonis-MVv2aI5r6j_6hhKh

1 month later
#11534 5 months ago

I managed to complete the game twice again on stream last night.

Best speed run time now under 1000 at 939 seconds

tna_speed_gc_939 (resized).jpgtna_speed_gc_939 (resized).jpg

My GC score just below 17M

tna_gc_16m (resized).jpgtna_gc_16m (resized).jpg

Yep, it clears the scores and settings and resets everything to factory defaults. I chose to clear the entire drive every time an update occurs. This helps reduce risk of something getting messed up upon updating. Sure, I could probably write code to save the scores, but that is no fun and I did not want to dedicate the time to adding that feature. Just wipe the scores and beat those defaults.
--Scott

As much as I'd love to update the code, I don't want to lose my scores. Having the highscore table domainted with reactor 9 scores and a speed run time under 1000 - I don't want to lose those

I do like the sound of the new timer though for speedrun times for accuracy and precision. Does this mean the way individual reactor speed times are recorded will now be what the timer is at the point they are destroyed?

So incrementing like this:

Reactor 1 - 2:30.00
Reactor 2 - 3:30.00
Reactor 3 - 7:30.00

or is it similar to now where each time is just specific to the reactor (so using the time difference between the current reactor being destroyed and the previous reactor destroyed)?

Using the above timer for example:

Reactor 1 - 2:30.00
Reactor 2 - 1:00.00
Reactor 3 - 4:00.00

3 weeks later
#11647 5 months ago

TheNoTrashCougar I caved in and updated to the latest beta code. It was hard to say bye to the scores and speed run times I'd set, but decided to use the opportunity as motivation to reclaim the scores.

Second stream with the new code tonight, I managed to complete the game 3 times during stream and set a new GC (17.6M).

Also had a 13M point game along the way and finished the night with a 10M.

tna_17640319 (resized).pngtna_17640319 (resized).png

Here's the VOD for anyone that's interested: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1985821462 (with the 17.6M game set around the 50 minute mark).

Still more scores to claim back again, so can't stop yet

The bug fixes in the update are welcomed and the new speed run change is a good one too! I hope you're able to consider adding the single reactor challenge as a selectable mode from the start menu (like team/co op) play in a future update

1 month later
#11769 3 months ago

I've found a small bug for you TheNoTrashCougar

I'm currently running the latest beta code (v1.5.1.b3) but this bug could exist in older versions too.

The issue is the shaker motor becomes locked on when it shouldn't (like it would during the reactor being overloaded, but becomes locked on from hitting something like the pop bumper).

I've hit a few times in the past but haven't had time to investigate. Found some time today to look into it and can now reproduce it 100%.

To reproduce:

1) Start a new game
2) Get reactor 1 overloaded to 100% and the shaker motor kicks in
3) Open coin door and enter service menu (this will cancel the current game and return you to the attract mode)
4) Start a new game
5) Hit the pop bumper

At this point the shaker motor stays locked on until you open and destroy the reactor. Once the reactor is destroyed, the shaker motor behaviour then returns to normal.

With the steps above, it doesn't have to be the pop bumper either - it could be from achieving a "quick lock", which has a short use of the shaker motor. This too will leave the shaker motor locked on.

So would seem like a variable somewhere not being cleared/reset when the game exits back to attract mode while the shaker motor is locked on during the reactor overload.

1 week later
#11810 3 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

TheNoTrashCougar Hey Scott
Getting double backbox knocker intermittently ( as in game wise ) that it will double fire when either i achieve multiball or hit the pop. If it does it i get it throughout that game but not all games
I’m sure it has done it on other hits but i can’t remember and it defo did it as above at the weekend

Are you running the latest beta code?

There was a feature added that fires the knocker when a player takes the lead on the final ball

From the patch notes:
- Added new feature called "Last Ball Overtake" that will fire the knocker when any player of a non-co-op multiplayer game passes the leader on the last ball of the game.

#11818 3 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Yes it is the leader take over knock. But mine double knocks

That's correct behaviour. Here's a post from Scott earlier in the thread talking about it. He mentions it fires twice.

Especially with the latest Beta Code on tnapinball.com....... Don't worry it is very stable and almost ready for release, I am just going to add a few visual updates to it before I stamp this version with a production code number.
I probably mentioned this new feature a while back, but I made a new feature in this code called "Last Ball Overtake". This feature will fire the knocker 2 times when any player overtakes the leader on the last ball. This is super cool and can happen more than once per game.
Enjoy!
--Scott

3 weeks later
#11837 70 days ago

I managed to complete TNA 3 times again tonight on stream, smashing my old GC of 17.6M with a new score of 29.2M

tna_29m (resized).pngtna_29m (resized).png

This is the VOD for anyone interested: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2062431035

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jesder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=Jesder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.