(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I have to sell my TNA spot of #189 for the cost of my deposit $1000.00 USD. I will take Paypal payment. PM me if interested.

PM sent

4 months later
#2360 6 years ago

Does anyone have the measurements on a folded up TNA? I'm trying to figure out if I can fit this in my hatchback. I'm positive it'll fit with the head off but I'm trying to gauge if it might fit in as a whole.

#2447 5 years ago

If someone could help me out with these measurements I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

TNA Dimensions (resized).jpgTNA Dimensions (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2914 5 years ago

So, if I have the light rails, speaker lights, shaker and knocker will I need the accessory power supply?

1 month later
#3188 5 years ago

Question for the guys that have the Hooked on Pinball light rail strips. I have the rail removed from the cabinet but I don’t quite understand how to position the EL strip so that the screws don’t puncture through the strip when I reinstall the rails. Any tips on the install of this mod?

Also, I connect to power at the J10 48v high output board correct?

D279712A-9435-46E8-B5A4-BD842DB4DF32 (resized).jpegD279712A-9435-46E8-B5A4-BD842DB4DF32 (resized).jpeg
#3190 5 years ago

Thanks pickleric ! Installed and looking great.

#3191 5 years ago

#189 is home and playing brutal as expected. What an addicting game!

4BDA0130-A1A7-461F-89DF-8F7BA921113F (resized).jpeg4BDA0130-A1A7-461F-89DF-8F7BA921113F (resized).jpeg
#3193 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

With the connectors that are on the side lights how do they hook into the J10? The picture doesn't look anything like the connections I have on these lights.

The light strips plug into the supplied power brick. The brick then plugs into J10.

1 week later
#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I dont seem to have a supplied power brick?

vwallat99 The brick is the EL Inverter. It looks like this. Mine came tucked inside a drink coozie.

IMG_6510 (resized).jpgIMG_6510 (resized).jpg
#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Glad your are enjoying my TNA. LOL!
Cheers!

haha! I most certainly am. Stop by and play it if you're ever in the area!

2 months later
#3668 5 years ago

Is there a way to reset all the high scores without doing a full factory reset? I’m not seeing it in the menu. Am I blind?

#3689 5 years ago

So, will I lose all my audits if I do a factory reset? Or are just the settings and high scores reset with a factory reset?

#3729 5 years ago

If I did a factory reset, would that clear all my audits or just the settings and high scores?

1 week later
#3791 5 years ago

My drop target 1 recently started dropping on its own. It happens about once every game at this point. Where do I start diagnosing this?

I ran a drop test for 10 cycles. Here are the results.

E1422DEA-255D-4E87-A9D1-7DF17FCE7360 (resized).jpegE1422DEA-255D-4E87-A9D1-7DF17FCE7360 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3858 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Anyone have to debug a TNA that won’t finish booting? Any pointers for me to try and get preliminary info for Spooky? No docs = no fun. , especially on a holiday week.

My game randomly didn't boot one day. Here's what Spooky had me do. It fixed my booting problem. I'm guessing the shaker motor vibrated my HDMI cable loose.

"Check the hdmi cable that goes from the cpu to the display. If the cable isn't seated properly and firmly, the game will not boot.
If the cable is good, then let me know what (if any) leds are present and lit on the cpu board."

3 weeks later
#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I'm also losing the top line of display elements in the P3 score display.

This was happening with mine when I first got it. The problem ended up being that some solder had bridged a couple of the chip legs. Once I removed the extra solder the display worked fine. Take a close look at your solder connections for messy or missing solder.

E3B22C28-F501-4C4B-8344-1B4FA12ADE9D.jpegE3B22C28-F501-4C4B-8344-1B4FA12ADE9D.jpeg
3 weeks later
#4518 5 years ago

I’ve had my slings lock for a second on a couple occasions with the newest code. Never had it happen before. My sling switches are very sensitive so I assume that’s because of your new logic.

I did have 2 balls served into the shooter lane last night. That has never happened before.

Thanks for all your hard work, Scott!

1 month later
#4866 5 years ago

Does anyone have a nice closeup picture of some clear silicone washers under their star posts?

4 months later
#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

anyone have any suggestions on how to make the scoop more reliable?? my pitch is probably right around 6.2. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. looking for more of a deadpool style scoop reliability, if that makes any sense.

I bent my scoop hood forward and it helped a lot. Just make sure you don't bend it too far forward or else balls will get stuck when exiting the reactor into the scoop.

3 weeks later
#5627 4 years ago

I always found it a bit hard to see how far I was pulling the plunger for those critical skill shots (I prefer to play my games in the dark). I replaced the black shooter tip with white and put a yellow piece of vinyl under the dashes. Also spiced up the bottom portion with a nuclear symbol. I like how it turned out.

197C0D39-96B5-4A19-9758-FF43898DFB5F.jpeg197C0D39-96B5-4A19-9758-FF43898DFB5F.jpeg
#5630 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Looks great! Where did you get the sticker?

I made it with my vinyl cutter.

2 weeks later
#5723 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, my son and I have been playing a whole lotta TNA, and it looks like the three post sleeves up top have started wearing. They look substantially thinner than normal post sleeves. Which replacements are needed? I don't see anything in game specific on pinball life.

These are what you need. I always keep a few extras on hand. These thin post sleeves get beat up pretty quickly with the abuse TNA gives them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

1 month later
#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't figure out what it is? Pics or vid?

It's a way to sync Phillips HUE lights to the beacon on TNA. I would LOVE to do this with my HUE bulbs. Unfortunately I think the process of building and coding this is over my head. It would be awesome if somebody would put a nice package of this together to sell. **hint hint**

6 months later
#6400 4 years ago

Loving that TNA code is getting some love lately! Question, if I install the beta code will I lose my audits?

#6451 4 years ago

I streamed the new code last night for the first time and think I ran across a possible multiball start bug. I clipped it here so you can check it out and see what you think. When I locked my second ball it automatically went into multiball. Then it lost track of how many balls were in play once I drained a couple balls and ended my turn. Also, I love the changes to the light shows! Thanks again Scott for this awesome game.

https://www.twitch.tv/probethestreets/clip/MoldySpineyBottleHeyGirl?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

On a side note....Twitch sure has a strange way of naming links. lol

#6457 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you for clipping that for me! You have a glitchy opto. Need to figure out which one it is in the lock and re-seat (and hot glue) or repin the .156 connector from the opto to the opto power board. I can see the lock think it dropped the ball out because the opto shut off. The code was also in the middle of a ball lock procedure when this happened, so you actually did find a race condition where the system can lose track of the balls! This is super rare though and I will address it in the backend. Other than that, the code did what it could to recover from the lock drop. Thank you again for that.
--Scott

I’ll be sure to check out my opto connections tomorrow. Thanks, Scott!

P.S. great additions to the mystery award list.

1 month later
#6868 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

So having some sound issues that started last night.
Loud buzzing/tone and static. Wasn't sure how to embed a short video, so it's on google drive...
Video here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ap6-zHoKZmXaTYiUoeyrnHOUmte0CGc5/view?usp=sharing

Check your sound amp in the bottom of your cabinet. Specifically the output wire (standard headphone jack). Wiggle it around and see if the sound changes. In my case, I had to disassemble the amp and fix a cold solder joint on the output. This wasn't anything to do with Spookys quality, but the manufacturer of the amp itself. I've had perfect sound since fixing that cold solder joint months ago.

4 months later
#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Hi guys... I just bought this game from my friend and I'm loving it... I was hoping someone can give me some advice or help...
Whenever the siren would go off I would get static, humming, distortion from the speakers..
I disconnected the siren but it does again only when rractor is critical or when shaker comes on?....
What can I do to eliminate this buzzing, distorted sound?
I'm not too tech savvy but understand some basics...
I sincerely thank you in advance if someone can guide me in right direction

Mine was doing this exact same thing. The problem was a bad solder joint inside the amplifier where the 3.5mm plugs in. I took apart the amplifier, resoldered and haven’t had the problem since.

3 weeks later
#7432 3 years ago

I recall seeing somewhere in this thread that you can put an RGB LED strip on the back of your backbox that mimics the color changing speaker lights. What parts does it take to do this? Is it as simple as tapping an RGB LED strip into the speaker light LED connection?

#7435 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Yup. That was me and here it is. thenotrashcougar you need to add this to your 2.0 game!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/125#post-5451559
Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks! Just ordered the parts needed including the accessory power supply from PinballLife. Should make for a nice evening pinball project when it all arrives.

3 months later
#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone post a quick video of it in action?

Here's mine in action:

#7703 3 years ago

From what I remember, it’s very straight forward. No soldering. Just a ribbon cable and a few screws.

#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What pitch do you have your game at?
Again, disappointed that they did not make the display upgrade a straight replacement. Sucks that you have to now drill or screw new holes.

Totally speculating, but my guess is that the upgraded ball save display with the extra LEDs was made during the design phase of Rick and Morty, but will also fit TNA (if you drill a couple new holes).

#7719 3 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Has anyone had problems with their sub woofer being very staticy? It seems to happen at random times so I'm thinking loose wire but I can't find one yet. I did move the 3.5mm jack on the amp to a 3.5mm to rca jack adapter into the back of the amp. Didn't fix the issue.
My next step is to open the sub chamber and make sure the wires are connected solid on there.

For me, this issue was a cold solder joint inside the amplifier. One pin where the 3.5mm jack connects was a cold solder joint. That random static drove me nuts until I opened up the amp and found the cold solder joint. Hasn't happened since I re-soldered the 3.5mm jack.

#7721 3 years ago

I tried that too and it didn't help my situation. The amp is pretty easy to disassemble but definitely try the other easy fixes before opening it up.

3 months later
#7851 2 years ago

I'm having a reset issue recently. Last weekend while playing, the game just randomly reset mid-game. I didn't think anything of it since it rebooted itself and played fine for the rest of the night. Now today while just sitting in attract mode, the game has reset itself twice within a half hour. I've wiggled/reseated all connections in the backbox but that didn't help. Does anyone know what might be causing resets while just sitting in attract mode?

3 weeks later
#7888 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

TNA Is down. Hoping for some help. Playfield is lit, but the entire backbox is off and no game start, etc. When I turn it on the lcd screen shows hdmi so it's working, just no input. Where do I start when it's just dead?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I haven’t had this happen personally, but I do remember reading in this thread somewhere that when this happens you need to reset the CPU. There’s a little button to press on the right side of the CPU for a reset.

68ACBC0D-7AB7-4181-9638-2704C3F57E02 (resized).jpeg68ACBC0D-7AB7-4181-9638-2704C3F57E02 (resized).jpeg
#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

Thanks for this tip.. I ran home here at lunch and hit this reset. TNA came back to life. I played a game and toward the end it reset itself again, rebooted and was ready to play. Ill have to spend more time playing this evening and see if it resets itself again.

I was having reset issues a few weeks ago. Customer service at Spooky recommended I turn up the 5v output a bit. Since turning it up to 5.10v I haven't had any reset issues.

#7897 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

I haven't had another reset yet but think it's coming at some point. Can you share the procedure for adjusting the 5v power supply?

Check your voltage coming out of your power distribution board. Mine was at 5v which is apparently right at the limit of resets. There's a knob on the smaller power supply. Turn it up (slowly) until your power distribution is outputting 5.10v.

I still haven't had another reset since doing this almost a month ago.

1 month later
#7940 2 years ago

Not sure why I waited so long to do this mod but wow, it’s worth it! Custom designed decals by me.

Alice Cooper is getting the same tomorrow for the crypt drop.

82F75662-7B78-4EAD-8CA0-D63E31A54D65.jpeg82F75662-7B78-4EAD-8CA0-D63E31A54D65.jpegE7FDC5C5-C56B-4661-AED7-BFE314177B0D.jpegE7FDC5C5-C56B-4661-AED7-BFE314177B0D.jpeg
2 months later
#8146 2 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Yeah I know what you mean! I’m not sure if there’s a way to fix it so this doesn’t happen or not. It it’s simply getting stuck on the edge of the cliffy inside the reactor if traveling at low speed. I finally had enough and took it out. It was happening literally every single game.

This was happening to me almost every game as well. I cut that side off the cliffy and re-installed it so at least the front and left side of the scoop are protected.

1 month later
#8297 2 years ago

Working on some small fixes and just posted this new beta version of the TNA code. Feel free to poke around with it and let me know if there are any issues. The majority of the updates are with the Scorbit handling.
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724
Thanks,
--Scott

This is the first time I'm hearing of Scorbit integration with TNA. Forgive me if this is a dumb question but doesn't ScoreBit need to be internet connected to work? Does this mean TNA will be Wi-Fi enabled soon? I'm assuming we would need to purchase a Wi-Fi USB dongle for this to happen.

My only experience with Scorebit is on my GnR. It would be amazing if it could be integrated into TNA.

#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

Hey there. Scorbit works with TNA but you need to buy a Scorbitron to get it to work with TNA. The Scorbitron can connect to almost every solid state pinball machine to keep track of your scores. Thanks for trying us out on GNR

Ohhhhhh, that's right. I forgot you can purchase Scorebit kits to install yourself. Thanks for clarifying!

7 months later
#8754 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

it's never going to leave my collection.

You better make some room for TNA. Send Stranger Things my way if you need some space.

4 weeks later
#9059 1 year ago

Hey TheNoTrashCougar does the updated reactor display (with the 2 LED lights) you recently coded use the same one that Rick and Morty uses? I'm putting together a PinballLife order and want to be prepared when you release the new code. Thanks!

https://www.pinballlife.com/dual-numeric-display-assembly-for-rick-and-morty.html

#9062 1 year ago

That is the same display, but with white colored numeric digits. The ones in TNA CE are bright kelly green. I might need to make code to dim them down a bit actually. HAHA!
--Scott

Gotcha. Will the new kelly green displays be available to purchase? I upgraded my lower display a long time ago and it is green so I'd like to keep the green up top in the reactor as well. I found my old order but when I click on "reorder" I get an error code.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.44.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.44.38 PM (resized).png
3 weeks later
#9290 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So... Are the light up side rails a must? Does it really pop for $129?

You be the judge, but my original TNA 189 says yes.

28FE20C9-BACD-437E-83A7-25CB8D45BCF4.jpeg28FE20C9-BACD-437E-83A7-25CB8D45BCF4.jpeg
2 months later
#9927 1 year ago

Here’s my original TNA #189. Aside from the obvious notches cut out and slightly (1/8 inch) bigger gap between it and the right cabinet side, I really don’t understand this apron witch-hunt that seems to be happening. Stern aprons dating back to TSPP 2003 look the same except for the 1/8 inch smaller gap between the apron and cabinet side.

Different manufacturers have different specs. I’m just happy that Spooky exists and makes fun games that think outside the box a bit. 82CDAABF-4CF2-47AD-8FBD-997DD1259576.jpeg82CDAABF-4CF2-47AD-8FBD-997DD1259576.jpeg

45911B0B-B641-4766-BD62-B2262AC8B7C5.jpeg45911B0B-B641-4766-BD62-B2262AC8B7C5.jpeg996DB0F9-742A-4D38-81F8-AB05899A4935.jpeg996DB0F9-742A-4D38-81F8-AB05899A4935.jpeg9BA3D69E-A6E3-49A7-AA04-EDDA5D1EB627.jpeg9BA3D69E-A6E3-49A7-AA04-EDDA5D1EB627.jpeg
1 week later
#10020 1 year ago

For any original run TNA owners that have upgraded their reactor core digit display, is yours SUPER green compared to your ballsave digital display? The new display I just put into the reactor is bright neon green VS the original muted greenish/yellow retro color.

It’s hard to get a picture of but to the naked eye there’s a huge difference in color and brightness.

DCE57650-44DF-4B6B-9C7D-17A83E30F16B (resized).jpegDCE57650-44DF-4B6B-9C7D-17A83E30F16B (resized).jpegE9777FB5-6BCD-4849-9F44-F54C405DFAC5 (resized).jpegE9777FB5-6BCD-4849-9F44-F54C405DFAC5 (resized).jpeg
#10053 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Sorry for posting in multiple forums...
CE #1 here...just arrived today...BROKE!
-Every coil controlled by board A5 are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Gackbox GI, Beacon, shaker, upper flipper, etc.
(Checked all fuses and reseated connectors on the boards in the backbox)
- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.
Anyone have any ideas? Just a wee bit frustrated after waiting for months...
[quoted image]

Have you tried checking the connections at the power distribution board? It's at the back right of the lower cabinet. Maybe a connector came loose during its journey to you. I would check that the wires are punched completely into the connectors as well.

#10054 1 year ago

Sorry for posting in multiple forums...
CE #1 here...just arrived today...BROKE!
-Every coil controlled by board A5 are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Gackbox GI, Beacon, shaker, upper flipper, etc.
(Checked all fuses and reseated connectors on the boards in the backbox)
- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.
Anyone have any ideas? Just a wee bit frustrated after waiting for months...
[quoted image]

FYI... The two P3 boards in the backbox can be swapped for troubleshooting purposes. Just make sure the dip-switch positions are swapped as well, so be sure to take pictures.

#10058 1 year ago

Thanks! I swapped the boards and the problem moved. Looks like a bad P-3 board. I've emailed Spooky

Awesome! Still a bummer your TNA isn’t working but at least you know how to fix the issue and it won’t cost you anything. My OG TNA 189 is still going strong with minimal issues.

1 week later
#10256 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Does anyone know why my 3rd digital score display is showing a different score than the rest. Its in coop mode. Looks like a decimal point is in the wrong place. Bad display or coding problem?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Look for a bridged solder joint on that display.

#10262 1 year ago

I just know that I had a very similar issue with my original run TNA out of the box. Spooky service and myself figured it was a bad display so spooky sent me a replacement. When installing the new display, I noticed a bridged solder joint on the original “bad” display. I was able to remove the small piece of solder that was bridging the pins and the display was fine after that.

0DBC7C2C-0F00-486E-BC5E-A40F0BC7B167 (resized).jpeg0DBC7C2C-0F00-486E-BC5E-A40F0BC7B167 (resized).jpeg
#10266 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Was the bridged solder joint on the chip that presses in??

It was almost 5 years ago at this point so I could be mistaken, but I'm 98% sure it was the digit pins that were bridged. I'll take a look at my spare display and check when I get home.

#10268 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

So I pulled it out and you were absolutely correct. Bridged solder joint. Removed excess solder and problem solved. Thank you. For others here is a pic of the bridged solder joint. [quoted image]

Yup! That looks very familar to me. Gotta love the easy fixes.

1 week later
#10416 1 year ago
Quoted from Oscilated:

I'm having the same issue with the ball getting stuck in the trough eject tunnel. I've taken a video and will post later (I'm experiencing issues with my video editing software). In general, the ball ejects out of the tunnel, hits the right side of the shooter lane and then bounces back into the tunnel, typically half in and half out. After a few seconds, the game correctly recognizes the ball is not in the shooter lane and attempts to eject another ball. On most occasions, after the second ball successfully pushes the first into the shooting lane, it falls back into the trough. However, the game insists on continuously ejecting the second ball until it also gets loaded into the shooter lane--regardless if the first ball already is sitting on the lane switch.
In an effort to fix this issue, I have adjusted the coil both down to 15 (minimum) and up to 35 (maximum)--the default is 25. In general, coil power 15 reduces the frequency of bounce backs but does not solve the issue completely and 35 increases the frequency. I'm hopeful TheNoTrashCougar can provide additional ideas before I put on my big boy panties and engage Spooky's support.

There’s a piece of metal at the end of the ball trough that is angled back towards the shooter lane. Bend that so it deflects the ball more towards the shooter lane.

3 weeks later
#10587 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Question for the CE owners... Are your core counter and ball save timer displays green or white?
Mine came with green and I had one fail. Spooky sent me a white one and told me all the CEs were supposed to come with white and are unable to provide me with a like-for-like replacement for my machine. However, all the pics I've seen in this thread seem to be green displays.
Thanks!

The original TNA displays are a light green color. The CEs came with a very bright green. I’m pretty sure the white displays are for Rick and Morty.

#10591 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I have the Spooky Accessory Power Supply board from PBL. I'm looking to put together some DIY under cab lights using a 5-pin RGBW LED strip from Amazon. Are there any connectors out there that can allow me to power them from the accessory board? I have an OG TNA that doesn't have an internal PSU that I can just plug into, which is what I usually do as all my games run off smart outlets.

Check my key post from the Rick and Morty thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/228#post-6165855

2 months later
#11077 11 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I'm considering joining Team TNA. Do you think I'm better off going new (with a months-long wait apparently), or a used one (HUO) available now but priced almost the same.
The wait is not an issue. More that I wonder if I'm safer with the used one that should be good to go, rather than the need to dial in a new one.

I’ve had my OG since it was delivered 5 years ago. After seeing my 3 friends CEs and hearing their stories, I would buy a used OG any day of the week over the CE.

3 weeks later
#11146 10 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

People sometimes mention using ceramic balls. Has anyone tried this? What is the effect? How many do you use in the machine?

I’ve had one ceramic ball in mine forever. I like the randomness it adds. It weighs less than a steel ball so it moves quicker around the playfield.

2 months later
#11333 8 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey, done a bit of digging, and haven't come up with answer, so I figured i'd look where everyone knows the answer!!
* Where can I get my hands on a set of speaker lights? I have an original TNA.
* Also, If I buy the shaker and knocker, will I need to grab that "knocker and shaker expansion board assembly" from PBL? (i'm assuming yes)

I believe Spooky made and sold the speaker light kit. I would reach out to them to see if they still do that.

Take a look in your backbox. If you see a little pcb board on the back wall that says knocker and shaker, then you’re good to go. If not, grab one from pinballlife.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=Jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.