(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Reactor 7 has been started with glass on and default settings. It is just a matter of time now.

7!!! You must run around the 7 hills of Rome 7 times!!

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone notice themirror blades atpblife on the butter cab?

I got some video of it. Also a good compare against the proto with art. I’ll get it edited in a few days.

#306 6 years ago

On RZ it was the last few numbers on the serial. Eg 00078

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I never get a box with my Spooky games. Probably wouldn't fit in my car. Some friends have a YouTube channel called, "Pinball Mayhem" You will see videos there.

We will also have to do a shaker install video to complement the color instructions included. It appears the holes are predrilled in the cabinet.

#349 6 years ago

Just finished a short video of total nuclear annihilation at the PBL party. The videos i got from that trip are not the highest quality, but i still wanted to share them. This will show the game with the mirror sides and directly behind it the prototype with the art package. I think they both work out well.

2 weeks later
#378 6 years ago

Bryan_Kelly I like how you display your marquees. Classy. Did you have any backglasses done the same way?

1 week later
#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Bummer. Hopefully you get the call soon. Let us know!

I’m watching you two. I’m in the middle of you. Still wishing or this year.

1 week later
#497 6 years ago

Isn’t the clear rubber more flexible and more susceptible to this happening?

1 week later
#591 6 years ago

When we installed the knocker on RZ. It was good and loud. A satisfying knock when you get n extra ball. Install on TNA should be similar.
I kept catching people off guard with it in test mode and the box open. Ha ha.

#610 6 years ago

D68B0D79-2470-4E35-90EF-7F484D6BC7A1 (resized).jpegD68B0D79-2470-4E35-90EF-7F484D6BC7A1 (resized).jpeg

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

thenotrashcougar and mandraws should put out a comic to tell the story of TNA (so what if Dialed In did it first )
Does the hero even have a name?

I think Bug should do another radio serial!

1 week later
#704 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

KT emailed to say my game #75 "will be on the line in the next few weeks", though what that really means for numbers and orders I have no idea. I'm excited, but now I gotta get off my ass and put my ACDC lower playfield properly back together so I can sell the game. I was working on a mod for it, but at this point I doubt I'll bother going forward with it.
TNA is the only thing about pinball in 2017 that excites me, see if that holds true for 2018 too. Won't surprise me!

I hear you. Cash in an envelope and days off appproved on calendar. Waiting and hoping for 73. Will pickup as soon as ready.

#729 6 years ago

I would also check that the shooter tip isn’t touching one of the autolaunch arms. This may cause it to contact the ball in an uneven manner. Could be just a loose screw on the shooter housing causing it to go one way. Had this on a SST.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Plz root for my game to clear customs and arrive at my doorstep before christmas.
COME ON CLUNKY CARDBOARD BOX, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Bitte

Good luck.

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

52 was sent with 25 to Germany. Easier & cheaper to send 2 at the same time vs single. So they went together. I try very hard if at all possible to keep/get/build games that are going to the same country together to make everyone's lives easier.
That being said.... if you do know of someone or several someones in your country that are getting games PLEASE let's try to get together on this.
Happy Holidays, Blessed Solstice, Happy end of Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Wonderful Kawanzaa & have a great New Year!!

You forgot Boxing Day for us servants. Crap I have to work.

1 week later
#811 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since the car can now become an 'oldtimer' by law (and therefore I don't have to pay taxes for it) for this I have to put it in it's original condition... wich includes the original VW tape player. (Right now it's a 'relatively' new radio connected to an iPod Classic.)

That’s cool. We have the ability to modify the old car. But it has to be titled differently. Collector vs hobbist.

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Ditto. I want to go to Lawrence’s Pub when I am there too.

If your driving by...
I’m checking eagerly as well.

#845 6 years ago

Public service announcement to clean your tape heads!
--Scott

Are the limited quantitys? If so I would like to hold one for when I order next or see you guys.

#865 6 years ago

I found a cassette to 8-track adapter!

#916 6 years ago

I was thinking of mounting a larger quieter fan to the top and disconnecting the internal. RZ is a noticeable fan noise when not playing. Had some good background during a video I shot.

#945 6 years ago

How about a drop of blood gattica style?

#956 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I need those speaker grilles. Those also don't look like genuine pin footies.

Second that. I definitely think those polish the look off.

#957 6 years ago

Scott he’s so hot right now!

19AF9618-4020-4BE6-AF27-D8403027EFC7 (resized).png19AF9618-4020-4BE6-AF27-D8403027EFC7 (resized).png

#1014 6 years ago

44D9B3C3-3A8E-464C-A763-A7B4BCFD3F96 (resized).png44D9B3C3-3A8E-464C-A763-A7B4BCFD3F96 (resized).png

#1043 6 years ago

pretty standard size. is it a 12v unit?

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Size / Dimension: Square - 60mm L x 60mm H
Width: 25.00mm
Air Flow: 23.5 CFM (0.658m³/min)
Bearing Type: Ball
Noise: 34.5 dB(A)
RPM : 4500 RPM
Edit: 12V of course

Would this work as a suitable replacement?

324983A4-92EC-43DB-96F6-AD429BF58B7D (resized).jpeg324983A4-92EC-43DB-96F6-AD429BF58B7D (resized).jpeg

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

How sweet would it be if mandraws would create and sell a cling style decal (obviously for a fair fee) in this vein as an available mod? (hint hint!)
This mock up perfectly hearkens back to Bally's golden era. Very Xenon-esque with the modern TnA feel!

Why not just jay down there. The green thing has a 80s look to it.

#1152 6 years ago

I looked at side firing 12v LEDs for this, but anything worthwhile was very expensive. Currently there is a standard 89 bulb in it. If anyone finds any good 12v side firing LEDs that work, definitely let me know. The 89 is pretty bright from the factory though.
--Scott

I’m working on this. I have a place I got the ones for my GB lightbar topper I built. Going to check with them. I think red would work best. May just steal one from the topper and head to RustyLizard

#1171 6 years ago

They are Pinball life bally grey legs. Standard leg bolts.

#1218 6 years ago

Can’t sleep so. Listening on Spotify. Sounds awesome scott.

#1248 6 years ago

Dude. Your dealing with one of the better coats currently avalible. Their test rig was showing no dimpling or chipping after 1 mil balls. Plus the super duper hardwood Charlie is using. Don’t need to wast time with additional protection. Just keep it clean like any normal game.

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not every game needs every thing from every other game.

I think Scott’s vision is spot on for the game. By adding hurry ups or side modes it would take away and possibile block the main goal. And man it’s fast enough with game times of 3 minutes. Not really time for a take a break mode. In. My opinion. That’s why alotnof is have different games in the lineup.

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Awesome. I'll get around to looking closer at this, I'm curious to find out how the code/rules handle all of the states the machine can be in, and how complex the state rules get... tough to test all the state combinations for sensors/timers/counters etc.

If your really curious install skeleton and download the sample game. You can program a fake game and use the keyboard for switches. Or better yet. Start your own home brew game.

#1301 6 years ago

72 is picked up. I'm picking up 73 mid next week. I'm sure a few more will be done before I get mine.

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Wellllllllll, me a couple buddies were going to visit Charlie tomorrow, but it turns out he's on his death bed with the flu.
And here I was going to get answers to everyone's questions.
It'll have to be another weekend.

Well crap. I’ll be there but with no Charlie to harass. Won’t be a long visit.

#1371 6 years ago

“There is a theory whitch states that if anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory that this has already happened.”

Aka. Scott will now just change the rules and end.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

What am I missing?! I’m trying to update to v1.0.6 after downloading the update file. Copied it to a USB thumb drive, booted the machine, inserted the USB into an empty slot behind the back glass and nothing. Tried booting with the USB already inserted, nothing. Tried inserting the USB while booting and nothing.
Is my USB thumb drive too big? 8GB. Wrong format? FAT32. Is it the wrong day of the week? Thursday. I kept the original file name tna-gamecode.pkg
Cheers!

08D15029-6962-4725-BA62-9E1366824DB7 (resized).jpeg08D15029-6962-4725-BA62-9E1366824DB7 (resized).jpeg

#1401 6 years ago

Open it up and check the tighten-ness of the flipper coil stops. sometimes they are not fully tight. Check all flippers while your there.

#1403 6 years ago

Setup and in the lineup.
Thanks Charlie and KT for being gracious hosts. Benton was great. Enjoying my first few games now.

D646CCC2-B378-4EA6-AEFA-F7AB09D1C579 (resized).jpegD646CCC2-B378-4EA6-AEFA-F7AB09D1C579 (resized).jpeg

A868637E-2271-424C-ACC2-AEFAF0B833CE (resized).jpegA868637E-2271-424C-ACC2-AEFAF0B833CE (resized).jpeg

#1405 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

OK, I hate to be the one to say it, but that lockbar looks significantly lower than it's neighbors. ???
Otherwise fits nicely in the lineup.

Yes top of lockdown bar at front of machine is 35 3/4. Ghostbusters, RZ, and SP is 35 1/2.
Si is 37 5/8.

#1408 6 years ago

Black hole is 38 inches.
I see what they did with TNA. Matched their standard production lockdown height. Whitch is same as stern height. But shortened the back of the cab to look more like a solid state. No issues to fix. Feels just fine. You could run the leg levelers up an inch to make it closer.

Whysnow Gottlieb system 80 legs are 27 1/8 legs. Bally ss legs (TNA uses) are 28 1/2 long.

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are right, i was thinking all gtb are taller. Just premiers, correct?

Don’t remember premieres. But EM Gottlieb was 31. Williams,bally, kept with the 28.5 along with ss stern. New stern is a goofy size too.

Quoted from Mr68:

What the hell is Greyhounds The Race Home? I assume a DIY retheme?
Sorry but someone had to ask.

It’s a big game retheme celebrating adoption of ex racing greyhounds. Older project I need to revisit. Has been to MGC about he same time Charlie’s Godzilla came on the scene. When I first meet this crazy guy.
Thanks for noticing.

#1455 6 years ago

For monitor adjustments I just changed brightness down to 30. Looks good and crisp. He rest of the settings are default.

#1457 6 years ago

I would turn that contrast down. It would make he viewing angle more sensitive. My display is all factory with the exception of the brightness. And I feel it’s perfect.

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Single player is plenty exhilarating on its own. One more game, one more game, one more game!
But multiplayer should be amazing.

Then you wake up the next morning with the music still in your head. Single player is awesome.

#1499 6 years ago

This is a PD-16 board. On each end there is a fuse covered by a clear plastic cover. I’m pointing to one. The wiring can easily obscure these if you don’t know to look for them.

970DB660-484D-4688-A4E0-178F28BF3022 (resized).jpeg970DB660-484D-4688-A4E0-178F28BF3022 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1585 6 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the stock amp settings. I am pretty sure I changed them when I as in there with the shaker install.

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That's just cruel and incredibly awesome if true!

What are the chances of getting LIONMAN! I mean does that just win. I don’t know.

1 week later
#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I have to give an honest update.
I'm sitting here next to my TNA in test mode, listening to the music (with the update all reactor songs are available) loving it...
...but I really suck at playing it (or maybe pinball as a whole).
Max I got to was reactor 4. :-/
(That said I really have to admit that it's my own sucking, I never ever felt that I lost the ball without my own fault... wich is quite different to Ghostbusters for instance.)
I think I'll up to 5 Balls.
Dear Scott for your next game (if ever):
I love your music, I love Matt Andews Art (finally something else), I love the theme (I love 80's and Sythwave) but next time PLZ keepo everything of that but do something... uh... more 'flowy'/ easy. (For me Sterns Star Trek is the best game ever made, because altough I can never finish it there's this ultra rewarding.shootdown of the Vengeance and a Mini Wizard Mode after a couple of missions.)
For me TNA and JM are the best games ever made, but ST the most rewarding.
I sincerely hope for more cyberpunk games (Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner... anyone knows 'Shadowrun'?) but till then and for the coming months I try to do what Seve Ritchie says:
"Play better!"

I stopped waiting for a ghost in the shell or cowboy bebop (my backup theme). So started building one. It’s flowy ish with some mean shots. So check it out. Maybe homebrew builders like scott and other inspire you to make a completely cool cyberpunk game. I would definitely follow.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-in-the-shell-the-pinball-complex

#1807 6 years ago

After some digging today. I found the rest of the audio settings.

1 week later
#1913 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Notthe possible spacing or optos for stealing the scott lock. That is just metallica inline drops which obviously got cut from bom for production.

For a Danesi lock you need a set of optos looking right behind the drop target.

2 weeks later
#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Feels like it's been at 110 for a month now.
Maybe the next 227 people will drop out and I'll be next in line.

I beleive they are ON number 112 or so. Last reported shipped BUT I would say The produced number is 20-30 higher. Over sees, butter, and location make up the rest.

#2171 5 years ago

I have the same fan BorgDog got on order. All spooky games use the same ps plus my homebrew game. I’ll make a replacement video after MGC on Pinball mayhem.

#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

TheNoTrashCougar Love the Hackers default high score reference. What are all the default high scores? I put up two before l let the scores scroll and noticed zero cool, and crashoverid.

I beleive avid burn is on there. “Looks like I’m on top”
Hack the planet. Your trashing our rights. Trashing.

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Hack the Gibson
Get to play this tonight

Only a couple in UK right now.

If I was going after some heavy metal like that I would go through the back door.

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Basically, you credit up, then when you press Start, you hold it until it says Co-Op mode. Then from what I understand, if you press Start and hold it again, it'll change it to Co-Op Vs. mode (P1,P3 vs P2,P4) and you can add the rest of the players. I've not done Co-Op Vs Mode yet, but I'm sure it's just as fun!

Close. For first credit hold until co-op mode. Then for vs. a second long hold. Now for vs. you must load 4 players or the game reverts to standard co op mode.

2 months later
#2992 5 years ago

A friend of mine is on the board of a local board game show Meeplestock. This is their third year. They asked if I could bring a couple games so TNA and JM was my choice. A lot of non pinball people got to play it all weekend. I was told there was always someone at the game we logged over 350 Games played over the weekend.

023FD2F1-E858-40F6-B02B-D010AE680A95 (resized).jpeg023FD2F1-E858-40F6-B02B-D010AE680A95 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3137 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nope, actually you're the second... widened two of mine (basement to street level) from 26" to 31". Boy did those bricks make a lot of dust!
I spent almost three years ripping the heads off and said enough is enough. Congrats on your TNA and new door.

Too funny. When I built my builder asked what size door I wanted at the end of the basement stairwell. I said as big as possibile. He argued it was more expensive. Lol don’t care put the bastard in. 42 inch single swing door is nice. Oh ya. I need to order those speaker kits and do a video.

3 weeks later
#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It would be nice if Spooky would allow for new buyers to pay extra for improved lcd screen so we don’t have to throw out the old one and pay twice for an lcd.
It would be a bit extra work but so is butter cabinet option.
Ditto silent power supply.

If you find you don’t want the old screen I would be happy to take it for my home brew game I’m working on. This can be an expensive hobby, if I can get a smoking deal I would. If any of you guys have a screen and controller laying around. Shoot me a pm with a price. I would love to move away from the monitor I have.

#3285 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Charlie said they opted for the panel they’re using because of availability. It just happens to be a really crappy panel.
Doesn’t really matter if it doesn’t bother you, but the upgrade radically boosts contrast and colors really pop.

I myself don’t think it looks all that crappy. I appreciate Charlie keeping the BOM where it is. For the current 200 owners I only see about 5 here complaining about it. You are entitled to your opinion and have clearly stated it. Many many times. We get it and listened. Please replace your panel and let the other owners make their decisions. I see some complaining that doesn’t even have a game yet. And haven't had the opportunity to adjust the screen in their environment to make a educated decision.
I just checked my PM and apparently none of you that did replace it thought it garbage enough to offer one for sale to me cheap for my homebrew.

1 week later
#3341 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

cold Califormia winter nights??????? come out here for a visist in Feb. We will show you cold

Ha when I visited CA in February. They thought we were crazy looking for the pool at night. It was a balmy 55 degrees low overnight.

1 week later
#3386 5 years ago

Why not install the quieter fan others have. Maybe your fan is slightly off balanced and is loosening up. Remember this is a meanwell ps the spooky crew is installing. Most non stern machines are coming with. I did the stealth fan and was happy with it. Also put rubber between your ps and cab. Keep resonateion low.

#3388 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Once the reactor is critical and ready to blow, there are a few ways to get more points when you blow it.
1) Complete the 1,2, and 3 standup targets inside of the core
2)Start a multiball

Doesn’t completing the grid also increase the reactor value.

#3403 5 years ago

Check out this topper that goes over the topper we made at Pinball Life! Respectful nod to High Speed definitely intended.
HOT ACTION PINBALL!!!
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5389
[quoted image]

Wow how can you top that.

#3412 5 years ago

A while ago someone asked about adjusting the slingshot switches. I said I would make a video... well I finally got it done.
Enjoy

#3429 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I have one of those…I just find it funky to adjust the switches around all of the stuff on the playfield. Maybe I am just doing it wrong.

I wouldn’t say wrong. And as long as you are back threading your screws you reduce the risk of wearing out he hole I. The wood.
That’s my main concern with your method. It also would be difficult to adjust the blades for the rubber contact portion. Since I like my blades slightly pressing on the rubber. For me it would be impossible to adjust with the switch out.
My two cents. If your method works just be careful about the wood.

3 weeks later
#3547 5 years ago

I had to laugh that people actually were complaining on a screw head choice. Ha. I mean it’s just a screw head does every nut and bolt have to comply to your every need.
And seriously. If you don’t have a set of torx bits go buy a set and also get security ones with the hole in the center. T15,T20,T25 security, in case you ever get a 90s or newer arcade or driver or Williams Pinball with no head key.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
10,000 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=Fortytwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.