(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EasternBloc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4654 5 years ago

Starting to get a pretty constant Drop Target 1 error. Each game starts with the #1 drop target up and hitting it will indeed drop it, however when two balls are locked in, they won't release. Both ball jam-up behind the #1 which will not drop. The long spring that attaches to the black plastic drop target was indeed fouled, but the error still occurs after reinstalling this spring correctly (correct to my knowledge). Can anyone share any common experiences and how to rectify this problem? Many thanks to all who contribute to this board! I'm new to this hobby, so not privy to many tricks of the trade in troubleshooting!

#4660 5 years ago

Got the situation fixed okiedokie! An e spring clip retainer was deformed on the back of the #1 drop target. Removed it, the two flat washers with spring and straightened out the retainer clip then reinstalled the lot. No errors in drop target test and after a few games the issue seems resolved. Was already running the latest code. Many thanks to TheNoTrashCougar KingPinGames SpookyKT and Cmartin1235 for the advice and help.

Now if I can just hear the music for reactors 6-9 on my machine rather than on SoundCloud or a pink cassette tape....

2 months later
#5008 5 years ago
Quoted from Meorrow:

The rubber around my flippers is pretty chewed up - where can I buy replacements? I'd like to keep the same color if at all possible.

I put Titan competition silicones on my flippers and really like the performance. Will probably change my sling’s rubbers next. Picked them up at TPF, but check here: Titanpinball.com

2 weeks later
#5212 5 years ago

You forgot "Quickly sip beer after reactor startup."

#5217 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

8. Hit both flipper buttons to skip reactor start up sequence and get to playin'

I actually had no idea this was an option; had to fire up the machine at 5 am just to try it. Thanks!

4 months later
#5816 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Very cool! What happens if 2 teams tie?
--Scott

The graphite hits the ground?

1 month later
#5949 4 years ago

I believe 550 was the total production run, but 500 is a cool number to have!

1 month later
#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah it's weird. Mine is shorter at the front than any of my classic Bally or Stern games too. I thought the cabinet was supposed to be based on a classic Bally cab but my Medusa sits much higher at the front with the front legs fully retracted.

It’s pretty close to classic Bally height.

A4418D7F-70A9-4350-A1B9-37A54A6E11D7 (resized).jpegA4418D7F-70A9-4350-A1B9-37A54A6E11D7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6087 4 years ago

I think it's called Outrun, but I prefer bladerunner.

#6089 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Yeah that looks right, sweet, thanks!
EDIT: Damn, that's not it, but it was close

Don't leave me in suspense, man! What is it?

3 weeks later
#6154 4 years ago

Found this guy in my right outline and can’t seem to locate the source. 1/4” long pan head Phillips. Not the Danesi lock optos, those are countersunk headed.

Any Suggestions of it’s home?

1963F95D-1AD1-42B9-93F3-22A2B2E25C9D (resized).jpeg1963F95D-1AD1-42B9-93F3-22A2B2E25C9D (resized).jpeg
#6157 4 years ago

Yep play field plastic. I think yesterday’s holiday cheer inhibited my hole seeking ability earlier. Looked for an embarrassingly long time without finding it! Got her sent home now. Thanks for your time: internet, Pinside, tomdotcom and Scott!

#6159 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I didn’t know you had a TNA. Welcome to the club!

Oh yeah, been playing it since last fall and still haven’t seen #9! I’ll be down for the sc.

1 month later
#6238 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Good to know. Thanks for the update Scott. Just found out about target decals a few weeks ago. Makes the center targets not as brutal for sure and reduces air balls. Also, am I goofing the super secret skill shot? Hold left flipper, short plunge then shoot the ball lock? I can never get that to register

Don’t flip the left flipper. Either short plunge and live catch with right flipper then lock or complete the orbit, dead bounce off left to right flipper and backhand the lock. Hitting left flipper cancels super skill shot.

6 months later
#7016 3 years ago

Would putting a message on the screen, or some kind of cryptic symbol, during attract mode indicating a jam failure during attract be offensive or confusing

Like a "Nuclear nonproliferation treaty"?

4 months later
#7525 3 years ago

Ran into a minor issue this morning. When a ball is in the reactor and slings around enough to fully overheat the reactor, periodically power to the flippers will die. It’s just for a couple split seconds and comes back fully a few seconds after the ball is ejected from the reactor scoop. Not detrimental, but it prevents your from keeping the ball in the reactor for longer and can also affect your ability to live catch the ejected ball with the right flipper. This only happens when the reactor becomes overheated. A ball in the reactor before the keypad is completed does not cause this flipper power loss.

Thought this might be a code issue, as I was not fully updated, but now running the latest code and problem is still there. I’m thinking a loose connection somewhere is being jostled, but can’t find a culprit yet.

#7527 3 years ago

Tech support on Christmas Eve? We haven’t met, but I owe you a beer.

Both PD-16s have the same consistent red leds on during gameplay and also when the power drops - no flickering leds at all. Also the power to the shaker dies when the flipper power dies, didn’t notice that earlier. Thank you cougar of zero trash.

#7533 3 years ago

Come on down Scott, crawfish are on me whenever! Mid/late spring is the season; should be about when R&M 518 comes off the line too!

I pulled and reseated all fuses and while trying to replicate the issue the fuse to the shaker blew. While discovering that, I noticed the power wires to the pin Heck shaker board were not fully seated so I pushed them down flush to the board. Now game plays great, but obviously no shaker motor. I don't have any 5 amp fuses on hand so Mr. Amazon is bringing me some Tuesday to see if all is truly rectified. Appreciate the help!

1 year later
#8401 2 years ago

I think the new backbox has a hinged speaker panel like R&M, but not sure anything in particular has been released.

4 months later
#8584 1 year ago

Also something cool about this cabinet is that it is about the same height as the classic Bally machines.

TNA is just the right size.

0FE09DE3-72C6-47E4-AEBF-45D8469D2105 (resized).jpeg0FE09DE3-72C6-47E4-AEBF-45D8469D2105 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#9041 1 year ago

Would a menu option to replace "the beep" be possible in the new code?

#9044 1 year ago

It would not, sorry.

Was worth a shot, thank you.

1 week later
#9149 1 year ago

Fully downloaded and will probably spend lunch at home setting some new scores

6 months later
#10976 11 months ago

If anyone wants to pickup a TNA pop mod along with the plunger meter I’m looking to sell both. Never installed; decided to keep my game closer to stock. $100 for both shipped UPS ground lower 48.

IMG_7981 (resized).jpegIMG_7981 (resized).jpeg
#10977 11 months ago

Mods sold pending payment.

#10993 11 months ago
Quoted from thomas49:

C’est quoi à droite ?

jauge de tige de tir

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EasternBloc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=EasternBloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.