(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You could probably trim it down to just smaller than the grill, then sandwich it between the grill and speaker panel. I feel like it might take away from the look, though.

Keep in mind I don't have any hands on (or eyes on) experience with the detailed workings of a Spooky speaker panels....but from the install pictures, could you just leave the mesh where it is, pull the speaker and put the new light "spacer ring" between the mesh and the speaker?

It seems that would be easier than trying to trim it to go on the front, directly behind the new grill design.

If that is possible....I don't think it would detract from the new grill design at all (since the design is not made to have light shine through the actual design). The mesh being there would probably defuse the light a little bit as it would put the mesh between the lights and yo eyes.

Having said that...I think it would possibly look better between the light ring and the speaker (as they recommend if you want to use the mesh) as that should light the mesh up in the back of the lit area instead of the speaker...giving the whole design / lit speaker area a cleaner and less cluttered look.

Another thing I was wondering about...someone mentioned the speakers tweeters being extended past the speakers mounting points??? If that is the case....how is it mounting flat against the mesh in the first install picture?

In any case...maybe I'm not understanding something or even what this "mesh" is, but it seems it should be easy enough to try it without the mesh, with the mesh directly in front of the light ring or with the mesh between the back of the light ring and the speaker. Let's have one hardworking, brave soul post a picture of it done each way if possible to see how each way looks.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Not really. Stock, you have the speaker panel, the mesh, the original spacer, then the speaker. The new spacer sits on the back of the speaker panel and extends into the hole, so the mesh can't sit between them. You could put the mesh between the new spacer and the speaker, but the tweeter extends past the speaker mounting surface, so the mesh would end up touching the tweeter. The mesh is just a soft plastic weaved material.
Here are a couple of pictures that might help clarify things. I didn't take any of the back side, though.

I guess the part where I got lost was there originally being some sort of spacer there from the factory. As I said, I don't have a game and from the install pictures / instructions it never mentions removing, or there being, a spacer already there. I just thought it was the mesh behind the panel with the speaker on top of it.

From the pictures I have seen...I think I do like the mesh being between the back of the light rings and the front of the speakers. That is what I expected as I think the mesh being lit up and visible in the back lit area looks cleaner, less cluttered and better (in my opinion) than having the speaker lit up back there.

The picture with the mesh cut and directly behind the new grill also looks good and may diffuse the light a bit, but I prefer the mesh in the back myself.

3 years later
#7964 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Congrats! There's something going on with your right speaker light. It should be the same color as your left one.

I would expect the right side isn't getting a connection on it's rgB blue signal from the colors showing on both sides.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.