(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7947 2 years ago

Took me a while but I’m finally in the club. Love everything about this game.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7949 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Congratulations! Beautiful machine. I aspire to be an official member of the TNA club. One of these days.

Been on the hunt for years and it’s totally worth it. Classic 70s/early80s layout with some funky twists, mixed with an amazing lightshow and those thumping tunes? Yes please.

#7965 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Congrats! There's something going on with your right speaker light. It should be the same color as your left one.

Hmmm seems you’re right, thanks.

1 week later
#7990 2 years ago

I was hoping (as I’m sure many were) that Spooky was going to squeeze in 2.0 when R&M was finished. Once Halloween was announced I decided that the next one I saw for sale within a 5 or 6 hr drive was going to be mine. That itch that’s been in the middle of my back since I missed the original run has finally been scratched and man is it satisfying. This game rips!

#7999 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Perhaps not by the numbers (yet), but I feel confident saying that TNA is the most successful original-themed pinball machine in the ‘modern era’. It is a perfect blend of futuristic nostalgia.

No arguments here. Futuristic nostalgia is also a very apt description too, well done.

#8004 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I know who TNTC is, I love his work I have a R&M from new, but only recently picked up a TNA, so not familiar with all the TNA ins and outs as yet. Just thought there may be some details out there.
[quoted image]

Excellent taste. I should probably put mine side by side as well. Can’t wait to see 2.0 and Scott’s next design.

1 week later
#8092 2 years ago

I have mine in a bank with Stars, Meteor, and LZ and the playing position (lockbar and flipper buttons) are the same as a modern Stern and less than an inch lower than the classic Sterns.

1 week later
#8141 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

You say you disabled your cabinet's sub and are using a floor-standing powered sub' instead. How challenging was it to wire that configuration? Is there a sub'-out jack on the game's audio board?

There is an amp on the bottom of the cab. I ran an 8ft RCA from the audio out on the amp to the audio/source in on a Polk PSW-10. I ran it through the mesh on the back of the cab. It takes the game from a 10 to an 11.

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

This is my first Spooky purchase.
I'm learning about the Spooky way of manufacturing. I'm learning that, when you don't huge revenues, a big facility, or a large, trained workforce, you might not dot all your "I's" or cross all your "T's." No worries. I can roll with it.

Well I’ve owned 3 Spooky games and find this statement ridiculous.

#8157 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

He might have been a little harsh, but he’s not totally wrong. It’s true that the coin box fits poorly. I’ve heard multiple ops say that they leave the lid off the box, because if it shifts, it will start jamming the coin mechs.
But that doesn’t mean that they are a bad company. They take feedback seriously and are always improving, which is more than can be said for some other companies.

I don’t have a coinbox in mine so I will concede that it may be poorly designed or manufactured incorrectly. My issue was the unnecessary shade thrown to the Spooky crew. I hope JJ loves his game, it’s amazing.

4 months later
#8379 2 years ago

Yeah with the shaker and bass going ballistic when a reactor is destroyed I would think a loose connector would be my first hunch as well.

1 month later
#8458 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Strategy / needed skills very short:
You have to make the (regular) skill shot to level up ball saver.
Learn to trigger ball saver right via inlane/outlane. That's special in tna like magna save in ram. Scott likes these special Outlanes features in games Use it even in Multiball to keep up Multiball. Stay in Multiball as long as possible, control and trap balls.
Never aim for grid or reactor scoop without ball save or Multiball.
Start reactor after ball lock with skill shot or in multiball. Don't wait for auto plunge!!!
Without ball saver or Multiball. Go for lock / Multiball.
That's it. Good luck for tna!

Congrats indeed! I’m slowly learning the dos and don’ts in this game (and you’re spot on) and there seems to be a lot more don’ts. Which I love. Because every time on a whim I try to sneak in one last shot to the grid instead of locking a ball, when I know damn well that it’s poking the bear, I get burned. As it should be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=Chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.