(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #158 The email with purchase details. Posted by Pinballlew (6 years ago)

Post #159 Video with art. Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Order mirror blades and spooky will install them. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #419 Software update for TNA announced by Scott Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #529 A game play video. Posted by Owlnonymous (6 years ago)

Post #790 Note about early batch of LEDs that had high fail rate - since corrected Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Post #854 New podcast on TNA with Scott. Posted by Whysnow (6 years ago)

Post #1530 Fix to beacon light rattle sound. Posted by brenna98 (6 years ago)

Post #1626 Speaker amp settings Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ArcadeBar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7220 3 years ago

Just joined the club (Hooorraaaaay) Very Excited to get this on location and welcome my little college town to the future!! Only playfield additions I did are a dimmed purple trough light and 2 color changers in both the scoops, frosted light-up drop targets might be next but that's it, this things amazingly awesome!!!

#7234 3 years ago

Does anyone have a TNA/Co-op flyer with the two mode descriptions and hold-start button instructions etc..? I was going to make one for my location where we just got a TNA to put on the wall next to it, but thought I’d check here first to see if anyone’s made one already. THX

#7238 3 years ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Cool! Btw, I noticed that the GI light near the right destroy target was green?

Thanks I didn’t realize that! When I got it in I noticed the right sling had a red gi and I just ordered a replacement from pbl, good thing I went ahead and ordered a few just in case there were any other issues!

#7241 3 years ago

Ok I'm no designer by any means, just downloaded a free program and hacked this together.
For those of you who have this on location please let me know if there's some verbiage tweaks that could be better or if any other info could be added/removed to help casual players understand how to jump into the Co-op fun!... THX

TNA CoOp Poster.pdf (resized).pngTNA CoOp Poster.pdf (resized).png
1 week later
#7292 3 years ago

For any other location folks if you want to use it, I made this basic How-to flyer to put next to the Co-op Mode poster. For some reason a lot of people never think to read the info cards in our games!? Kids these days...I may print up instruction cards that look like iPhones and then maybe they'll read them hah

TNA How To Play (resized).jpgTNA How To Play (resized).jpg
#7302 3 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar cmon Scott drop the mic and tell everyone you’re going to put a second spinner in the drain trough¡!#%*((;

1 week later
#7408 3 years ago

Ours landed at 7.6 and though it was fun I figured it might be too much for most people, lowered it and it landed on 6.9 and its great, so I didn't bother getting back under it for the bump up to 7 and its all good.

My unasked 2cents on the scoop lighting is I think it would be cool if the scoops were slow changing color changers in unison and then flashed a certain color when there's a reason to hit them in conjunction with the pf inserts, such as flash blue when mystery is lit, and red or yellow or yellow/red when reactor is lit, & flash green or something choreographed with the top scoop when you need to hit it etc..

On R&M I put a slow color changer on the top scoop and just a solid blue light in the return portal hole by left flipper. Both are more fun than black holes and the color changer up top just adds a cool element to that area. On TNA I put color changers on both scoops and they change in unison and its subtle yet again more interesting than just dark holes. The color changing is so slow it doesn't distract me or anyone playing, its just a nice accent because at the end of the day there's inserts in the pf & display indications telling you when to hit the scoop, but I really like the idea of the scoop lights also being able to chime in along with the gameplay!

#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can I bug someone to take a photo of their left flipper switch. Would like to see how it is gapped.
Just need a photo to refer to when adjusting mine.
Thanks!

I’d like to know if you resolve your issue.

I recently got our TNA and have a lot of intermittent lower left flipper weakness. The pulse power is on 29 on both lower left and right and the right one is never weak, plus this weakness occurs even on first game after powering up -not just after a lot of plays etc.. I’ve tried adjusting the leaf (the first one closest to the cabinet is the lower flipper on mine) and felt like I get some decent power every once in a while but most of the time not strong enough to make right orbit. It’s almost like I have to hit the left flipper button extra hard to try and get more strength in the shot, way harder then I would normally hit a flipper button. So it seems like the switch is regularly having trouble making a solid connection even when adjusted to have a reduced gap.

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Gap is one aspect, but also ensure there is a good bit of Pressure... so that is the switch faces contact, but more than that, then the blade on the button should Deflect the other blade/contact that it pushes against (meaning that there is Pressure about closing the contact, so it is made good and solid).

Thanks for the helpful info, between that and what worked for WizardsCastle hopefully I’ll get this left flip back to full throttle. Thinking about those factors makes me realize that this symptom started after I installed the Brite Buttons mod, and I recall this batch of BButtons didn’t have the best solder job making it hard to get the flipper nut back on good. So maybe this issue isn’t allowing the flipper button to get as tight as possible and not touching the long leaf at rest as much as it should...
When I get back to the machine I’m going to take out the BButton mod and re-test the strength. Thanks!

#7429 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just a side note to maybe clarify in case I gave a muddled description... you want a good bit of deflection of the contact/leaf which is being met, so that is the one that is Not being pushed directly by the button shaft.

Thanks for the further clarification, I removed the Brute Button mod and also worked to adjust the leafs some more to try and make sure they could get a stronger contact, even though the gap was reduced it seemed like there needed to be a firmer press as per your description. Anyway at the moment I can hit the right orbit and I’m getting more out of that lower left flip!
I put all new rubbers on and added some green fluorescents around the PF but didn’t put them all on, I like being able to see in the ball lock and thought it made a nice balance. Fresh coat of wax and a bar rag under the quarters in the coin box so no more bass rattle - Man this machine feels/looks/sounds amazing Thanks again to Scott & Spooky!!!
3FA08089-8127-4A6C-927C-04A2F195B92E (resized).jpeg3FA08089-8127-4A6C-927C-04A2F195B92E (resized).jpegE34230B3-2E21-4A38-BE63-4588BC4DD029 (resized).jpegE34230B3-2E21-4A38-BE63-4588BC4DD029 (resized).jpegFF3DF067-E644-4C16-89B3-E9F197BAD8CE (resized).jpegFF3DF067-E644-4C16-89B3-E9F197BAD8CE (resized).jpeg

#7444 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Yup. That was me and here it is. thenotrashcougar you need to add this to your 2.0 game!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/125#post-5451559
Let me know if you have any questions!

I recently got our TNA and it came with purple static speaker lights, what’s it take to upgrade them to the rgb ones?
I’d definitely like to do this and then add the connected exterior backbox led strip!

2 years later
#10893 12 months ago

Can someone please shoot me a pic of the upper left flipper from under the playfield?

I had a wire break off that coil and noticed a second wire that appeared clipped & going nowhere, so I’m wondering if one of the 3 legs on that coil is supposed to have 2 wires going to it?
Thanks for any help!

#10896 12 months ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Had to post here. I cant send via pm [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome thanks!
That clears it up for me, apparently I had one wire break off the double leg and one wire break off the opposite end that’s a single wire, was assuming they both went to the same leg but nope.
Cheers

8 months later
#11789 3 months ago

I decided to go totally nuclear!(; asked harryhoudini at Pinball Mods Co if he could make me a UV apron light set like what I have on my R&M, so he made this black set and has them available now for TNA on his site. It PoPs and multiball is radioactive¡!(;

IMG_9256 (resized).jpegIMG_9256 (resized).jpegIMG_9257 (resized).jpegIMG_9257 (resized).jpegIMG_9258 (resized).jpegIMG_9258 (resized).jpegIMG_9260 (resized).jpegIMG_9260 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ArcadeBar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome?tu=ArcadeBar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.