(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 239.
#4901 5 years ago

Just joined the TNA club. Picked up one yesterday that was for sale here on pinside. Got it home and set up today. Put a few dozen games on it and realized that the beacon isn’t working. No light, no spinning, even in test mode. Any suggestions? What wires should I be checking?

#4902 5 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Just joined the TNA club. Picked up one yesterday that was for sale here on pinside. Got it home and set up today. Put a few dozen games on it and realized that the beacon isn’t working. No light, no spinning, even in test mode. Any suggestions? What wires should I be checking?

Did you try the new "beacon test?" Is it is in the test menu starting with code 1.3.0

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I got the black washers for free from Spooky... prefer the look of the clear washers you linked on Amazon. Haven’t put them on yet, but now I’m going to break out the mylar based on your experiences as well. Beginning to think it’d just be easier for you to come visit!! Probably a few other things to work on as well.

Let's do it! I'm up for a weekend of pinball work

#4904 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Did you try the new "beacon test?" Is it is in the test menu starting with code 1.3.0

Tried the beacon test in the newest code. No luck.

IMG_4019 (resized).jpgIMG_4019 (resized).jpg
#4905 5 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Tried the beacon test in the newest code. No luck. [quoted image]

are your orbit gates working? they are on the same line (12v dc) as the beacon. If you look in the backbox, find the two control boards (the ones that have the transistors on them). the lower board, and the left side of that board is the 12v coil section. make sure your J5 connector (black wire and a yellow wire) are secure as this is the 12v in. J3 is the 12v out, then J7 is the return line. There is also a fuse at F1. If it would be easier, you can email me [email protected].

#4906 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

EDIT: Heard back from Cliffy, he's still engineering the full solution so it isn't ready yet but he's working on it. He echos what @fytr and @fatpanda advise, put some mylar around the scoop (if damage exists just mylar over it).

SO glad to hear this @dennisk - Did Cliffy give you any kind of an idea on ETA or was it just a blanket "I'm working on it" type response?

#4907 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

SO glad to hear this @dennisk - Did Cliffy give you any kind of an idea on ETA or was it just a blanket "I'm working on it" type response?

No rough time estimate provided. He told me he's having issues with both protecting the right side of the scoop and how to mount it. The big challenge is a protector edge on the right could hang the ball since it enters from the right side when it drops out of that top playfield section (he says his Tron protector had that problem), and that's what he is working on right now.

#4908 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

No rough time estimate provided. He told me he's having issues with both protecting the right side of the scoop and how to mount it. The big challenge is a protector edge on the right could hang the ball since it enters from the right side when it drops out of that top playfield section (he says his Tron protector had that problem), and that's what he is working on right now.

'

Appreciate the insight - thanks!

#4909 5 years ago

Picked up my TNA last Thursday from the shipping terminal. I've got it in the basement, but I'm waiting to set it up till I get the room its going in painted... Patience is hard!
I've got a pile of spooky accessories to put in it when I do set it up.

Shout out to Chris at Kingpin Games for the smooth service!

In the meantime, I ordered this towel to cover the glass when it's not getting played.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4910 5 years ago

Installed the shaker today and its wife approved. I'm pretty shocked how much she loves the game. she keeps bringing it up to people and is constantly trying to get her friends to play. I was worried it would be too intense for her. So fun to play a few games head to head followed by co-op mode.

I second the kudos to chris at kingpin games. A great buying experience.

#4911 5 years ago

I wish my wife would get into Pinball

#4912 5 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Picked up my TNA last Thursday from the shipping terminal. I've got it in the basement, but I'm waiting to set it up till I get the room its going in painted... Patience is hard!
I've got a pile of spooky accessories to put in it when I do set it up.
Shout out to Chris at Kingpin Games for the smooth service!
In the meantime, I ordered this towel to cover the glass when it's not getting played.[quoted image]

Quoted from iloveplywood:

Installed the shaker today and its wife approved. I'm pretty shocked how much she loves the game. she keeps bringing it up to people and is constantly trying to get her friends to play. I was worried it would be too intense for her. So fun to play a few games head to head followed by co-op mode.
I second the kudos to chris at kingpin games. A great buying experience.

Thanks guys. It means a lot to me when people appreciate the time and effort I put in to make things work well.

#4913 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I’ve been trying to get my wife into pinball for years, I just can’t seem to push her in thru the coin door

#4914 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’ve been trying to get my wife into pinball for years, I just can’t seem to push her in thru the coin door

My cat, on other hand, is really into pinballs...

#4915 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

My cat, on other hand, is really into pinballs...

Quoted from bsobie:

I have been buying games for 7 years. I think my wife has played each game exactly one time. Sad. My daughter isn't into it either, so it's usually me in the basement solo.

#4916 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I have been buying games for 7 years. I think my wife has played each game exactly one time. Sad. My daughter isn't into it either, so it's usually me in the basement solo.

Well, we will see how long it lasts, but she did just text me an image of her high score on the game so she's still pretty into it. Sort of surreal actually.

#4917 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Do my wife and I need to come play you? Lol

#4918 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Do my wife and I need to come play you? Lol

Any time! Didn't you used to live in Montgomery too?

#4919 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Any time! Didn't you used to live in Montgomery too?

Yep. Used to live near the police station on Rt 30. Just about 15 mins north of there now.

#4920 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Yep. Used to live near the police station on Rt 30. Just about 15 mins north of there now.

Yeah, I remember seeing you on the Pinside map near me. I used to live in that same big neighborhood south of 30.

#4921 5 years ago

In watching TNA gameplay videos I notice a lot of players short plunge to a live catch with the right flipper. Currently, when I short plunge it hits the top of the right sling 95% of the time. I try to slap the machine as it's coming down but this rarely seems to do anything (game is on a carpet with 6.5 pitch if that matters). Is this pretty common or should I adjust the lean of my game?

#4922 5 years ago

In watching TNA gameplay videos I notice a lot of players short plunge to a live catch with the right flipper. Currently, when I short plunge it hits the top of the right sling 95% of the time. I try to slap the machine as it's coming down but this rarely seems to do anything (game is on a carpet with 6.5 pitch if that matters). Is this pretty common or should I adjust the lean of my game?

The top arch can be tweaked so both orbits deliver the ball as desired. There’s a nut under the playfield which, when loosened, allows the metal arch/orbit exits to be adjusted slightly. Tighten it down to test, repeat until you dig the delivery.

#4923 5 years ago

The top arch can be tweaked so both orbits deliver the ball as desired. There’s a nut under the playfield which, when loosened, allows the metal arch/orbit exits to be adjusted slightly. Tighten it down to test, repeat until you dig the delivery.

#4924 5 years ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

Gracias!

1 week later
#4925 5 years ago

What are some of the fastest reactor times? Somehow my wife destroyed the first reactor in 14 seconds!!!

Fastest Reactor time (resized).JPGFastest Reactor time (resized).JPG
#4926 5 years ago
Quoted from TheAwesome23:

What are some of the fastest reactor times? Somehow my wife destroyed the first reactor in 14 seconds!!!
[quoted image]

I got the first reactor in 2 seconds thanks to a multiball

#4927 5 years ago

Let me preface this by saying I am not usually a fan of mods that make the game easier, but I also think if it makes a game you own more enjoyable for you, then go for it.

I was getting tired of direct, on target shots from both flippers getting rejected by the scoop. I draped a piece of cloth (actually 2 pieces doubled over, so 4x thick) in front of the scoop opening. I used a thin cloth you might use for cleaning eyeglasses or cell phone screens. I hung it from a zip tie attached to a nearby post.

The idea is to absorb some of the ball's energy before it hits the scoop to reduce the chance of a bounce out. It actually works very well. I want to play some more games with it, but in the few games I played, I made almost all direct shots, even from the right flipper, something which was nearly impossible before on my game.

That being said, it's definitely ugly. I think a thick piece of thin clear plastic would be almost unnoticeable. A metal flap (like used on one way gates, but able to swing freely in both directions) would probably also work.

20190314_174945 (resized).jpg20190314_174945 (resized).jpg
#4928 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Let me preface this by saying I am not usually a fan of mods that make the game easier, but I also think if it makes a game you own more enjoyable for you, then go for it.
I was getting tired of direct, on target shots from both flippers getting rejected by the scoop. I draped a piece of cloth (actually 2 pieces doubled over, so 4x thick) in front of the scoop opening. I used a thin cloth you might use for cleaning eyeglasses or cell phone screens. I hung it from a zip tie attached to a nearby post.
The idea is to absorb some of the ball's energy before it hits the scoop to reduce the chance of a bounce out. It actually works very well. I want to play some more games with it, but in the few games I played, I made almost all direct shots, even from the right flipper, something which was nearly impossible before on my game.
That being said, it's definitely ugly. I think a thick piece of thin clear plastic would be almost unnoticeable. A metal flap (like used on one way gates, but able to swing freely in both directions) would probably also work. [quoted image]

Yes, that does look terrible! I think several of the guys put a piece of the black velcro.. the soft part, along the top inside of the scoop to soften it coming out of the scoop and it worked well.. Its in the thread here somewhere.

#4929 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Yes, that does look terrible! I think several of the guys put a piece of the black velcro.. the soft part, along the top inside of the scoop to soften it coming out of the scoop and it worked well.. Its in the thread here somewhere.

I have tried all kinds of solutions like that. Velcro, rubber pads, drop dead foam, etc. My problem is the ball bounces right off the back of the scoop, no matter what I cover it with.

#4930 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I have tried all kinds of solutions like that. Velcro, rubber pads, drop dead foam, etc. My problem is the ball bounces right off the back of the scoop, no matter what I cover it with.

Bend the scoop forward.

#4931 5 years ago

play better (J/K)

that mod looks like toilet paper roll.

#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Bend the scoop forward.

I have done that x100, believe me.

#4933 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

play better (J/K)
that mod looks like toilet paper roll.

Thanks

I know you're just busting my chops, but it was really just to see if slowing down the ball would help. I may try to find something less ugly if it turns out that it makes the game more fun for me (since I'm the only one who plays it).

#4934 5 years ago

Maybe can slow the ball down by increasing the angle of the game (make it steeper) and/or lower the power of the flippers? Just throwing an alternative idea out there.

#4935 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Bend the scoop forward.

Actually, I am going to play with this some more. I think the key may be "forward" not "down."

#4936 5 years ago

Somewhere in this thread a comment was made about reducing the flipper power.... I did that and it does help but doesn’t eliminate.

#4937 5 years ago

Although this is a Great game and I absolutely enjoy it, one thing I didn’t like was the movement and cheapness feel of the thin piece of plexiglass in front of the monitor..... also, mine had scratches all over it, probably from being wiped off. I took the panel in to a glass shop and had them cut me a piece of glass. Then took it home... built up the cut out so the glass would be flush with the back of the panel. Painted it with a satin black to match the finish... caulked in the glass so it doesn’t move, and then put it all back together. Although it doesn’t look any different, it sure feels better and doesn’t rattle.

#4938 5 years ago

My game a few times now has randomly blow the fuse for the lower playfield coils. Controls a few other things, looked and cant find anything alarming any ideas?

#4939 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My game a few times now has randomly blow the fuse for the lower playfield coils. Controls a few other things, looked and cant find anything alarming any ideas?

Which fuse is it blowing? Note, the diagram attached shows with color (solid a color wire) is associated with the corresponding fuse. Check the wiring on the corresponding coils and see if any of them are shorting to ground. Also, manually move the plunger for each associated coil and see if there is any resistance. If there is, then check that coil for a bad coil sleeve.

If you have any other questions you can reach me a
[email protected]

Copy of TNA Coil wiring diagram.pdfCopy of TNA Coil wiring diagram.pdf
#4940 5 years ago

Which fuse is it blowing? Note, the diagram attached shows with color (solid a color wire) is associated with the corresponding fuse. Check the wiring on the corresponding coils and see if any of them are shorting to ground. Also, manually move the plunger for each associated coil and see if there is any resistance. If there is, then check that coil for a bad coil sleeve.
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Thanks ill contact you with any issues. It happened and everything checked out. Put a new fuse in and no issues on over 20 games after. I did just put that led in the beacon but i dont know why itd blow a fuse

#4941 5 years ago

Some of the mystery awards that flash by (but never seem to actually be awarded) are hilarious.

"Tilt Next Player"

"Instant Game Over"

Nice touch. Stuff like that is awesome.
Bravo / Slow clap

#4942 5 years ago
Quoted from yaggy:

Some of the mystery awards that flash by (but never seem to actually be awarded) are hilarious.
"Tilt Next Player"
"Instant Game Over"
Nice touch. Stuff like that is awesome.
Bravo / Slow clap

don't forget about LIONMAN!

#4943 5 years ago

I like "Warp to Reactor 9" such a tease!

#4944 5 years ago

I hooked up a Polk PSW10 to my TNA and it really adds to the overall bass and shakes the entire room. I really like it and I am glad I decided to add the Polk-well worth it for TNA. It was an easy install and took less than two minutes. I purchased the Polk from Amazon and the cables from our local Best Buy. We love our TNA!- Feel the bass
GEDC5381.JPGGEDC5381.JPGGEDC5382.JPGGEDC5382.JPGGEDC5379.JPGGEDC5379.JPGGEDC5395.JPGGEDC5395.JPG

#4945 5 years ago

Well....the clear is starting to peel on my scoop. My playfield also had the issues with the paint and clear lifting by the posts. Looks like the problem is a lot worse. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. The game has 1800 plays on it. Right now I think I will place some mylar on that spot. I do not want to rip that tab off so will prob just lay it down and put the mylar over it. Hope it works. Everyone who has had issues with your playfield should take precautions with the scoop area. Hopefully a scoop protector comes out soon.

20190317_101040 (resized).jpg20190317_101040 (resized).jpg
#4946 5 years ago

[email protected]
[quoted image]

I can't wait to see this manual when it's available.

#4947 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Well....the clear is starting to peel on my scoop. My playfield also had the issues with the paint and clear lifting by the posts. Looks like the problem is a lot worse. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. The game has 1800 plays on it. Right now I think I will place some mylar on that spot. I do not want to rip that tab off so will prob just lay it down and put the mylar over it. Hope it works. Everyone who has had issues with your playfield should take precautions with the scoop area. Hopefully a scoop protector comes out soon.
[quoted image]

Cliffy's available?

#4948 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I hooked up a Polk PSW10 to my TNA and it really adds to the overall bass and shakes the entire room. I really like it and I am glad I decided to add the Polk-well worth it for TNA. It was an easy install and took less than two minutes. I purchased the Polk from Amazon and the cables from our local Best Buy. We love our TNA!- Feel the bass
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

could you please give me an exact rundown on how to do this?

#4950 5 years ago

Just finished installing some underlighting! I just used a normal RGB strip and set it to pink to match the LED side rails. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

2019-03-17 (resized).jpg2019-03-17 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
Wanted
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 210.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/99?hl=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.