(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 239.
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

All if you haven't got the washers on your star posts - DO THIS NOW. Pretty much all of the games made are going to suffer from this problem.
Neil.

Which washers do you perfer.

#4802 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

All if you haven't got the washers on your star posts - DO THIS NOW. Pretty much all of the games made are going to suffer from this problem.

It's not all the games... but if you are even remotely concerned, YES! Email us, we'll send you the washers free of charge, and keep them safe.

[email protected] or [email protected]

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It's not all the games...

Is there a game number or birth range?

#4804 5 years ago

I cheated with co op mode and got to reactor 8 yesterday. So oh close to being a champion! (sort of)

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Well, #216 has started to get play field chipping . The bottom right sling star post has some paint coming up around it. I’ve played an estimated 800 games on it (code update wiped my audits). The bottom left sling star post looks to be “pushing” up some of the clear coat. I guess it is time to order the play field protector.

Don't waste your money on a full playfield protector. Just get the washers and place them on the problem points. They look and work great. That's just me though.

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Don't waste your money on a full playfield protector. Just get the washers and place them on the problem points. They look and work great. That's just me though.

I actually like the playfield protectors. I think they are unnoticeable in terms of play and accept the wax even better than the clear coat.

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It's not all the games... but if you are even remotely concerned, YES! Email us, we'll send you the washers free of charge, and keep them safe.
[email protected] or [email protected]

SpookyCharlie how does one know if you have a game with this failing or not?

Cheers,
Neil.

#4808 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I actually like the playfield protectors. I think they are unnoticeable in terms of play and accept the wax even better than the clear coat.

pm sent

#4809 5 years ago

And there she sits! And it is sitting because holy crap is it heavy. After trying to get it up one step with a dolly, I decided it was better to have some professional movers come get it upstairs. So I'll have to wait another day or two before playing my first game

IMG_1802 (resized).jpgIMG_1802 (resized).jpg
#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

And there she sits! And it is sitting because holy crap is it heavy. After trying to get it up one step with a dolly, I decided it was better to have some professional movers come get it upstairs. So I'll have to wait another day or two before playing my first game
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! And to Pinside! It's probably a bit easier to take it out of the box first, but having a strong back and a friend is necessary for moving games up stairs....unless you have an escalera.

#4811 5 years ago

Spooky has the best boxes. Enjoy the NIB experience it’s addictive.

#4812 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

[quoted image]

welcome, and enjoy. you picked a great machine if you are just starting out in the hobby!!!!

#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

[quoted image]

if you think thats heavy, don't buy a JJP LOL.

#4814 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if you think thats heavy, don't buy a JJP LOL.

Agreed. JJP's are great but hernia inducing.

#4815 5 years ago

Seems we’ve got the technical wrinkles ironed out of our TNA, so I figure it’s time to go for a Total Annihilation on camera. This first attempt went pretty well, let’s dust some reactors and aim for a new PB by April.

Pinball ownership has been a “learn by doing” experience which can be quite overwhelming for newcomers. Thanks to Spooky, Scott, and the Pinside community for being so helpful along the way.

#4816 5 years ago

Wooh!

MVIMG_20190221_143339 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190221_143339 (resized).jpg
#4817 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Wooh!
[quoted image]

i knew this day would come! That ones digit was gonna decide a game sooner or later!

#4818 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

i knew this day would come! That ones digit was gonna decide a game sooner or later!

Nah, that is 4 player co-op mode. Nice score though!!
--Scott

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

Yep co op mode.made it to reactor 8 on lunch break today. Almost called the boss to say I had a flat tire so I could play reactor 9. Getting closer.

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

But the '3' is surely the better player.

(secretly wish you could keep track of who did better on co-op mode).

#4821 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But the '3' is surely the better player.
(secretly wish you could keep track of who did better on co-op mode).

Single player scores on the numeric displays, combined score on the LCD screen. yaaasssss!

#4822 5 years ago

Lesson learned. Don’t take pictures. Ball 3 Player 1 of 4 player co-op mode. 7 reactors down in 8 balls.....and then 0 in the last 4. Left reactor 8 critical with 2 targets on the left side to go. I can’t imagine getting this far in a normal game!

461AF548-EC02-4D8C-A6E6-4953C262D7E2 (resized).jpeg461AF548-EC02-4D8C-A6E6-4953C262D7E2 (resized).jpeg

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Lesson learned. Don’t take pictures. Ball 3 Player 1 of 4 player co-op mode. 7 reactors down in 8 balls.....and then 0 in the last 4. Left reactor 8 critical with 2 targets on the left side to go. I can’t imagine getting this far in a normal game!
[quoted image]

We finally beat the game in 4 player co-op mode (there were only 2 of us). We had one shot left to hit (D) with 3 balls left. We almost choke it away but managed to hit it on the last (12th) ball - pretty intense last 2 balls. I think we scored 15mm. Previously, we never got past reactor 7.

Also, does the last digit have significance on the scores in that picture above? (5014441 vs 5014442)

#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

We finally beat the game in 4 player co-op mode (there were only 2 of us). We had one shot left to hit (D) with 3 balls left. We almost choke it away but managed to hit it on the last (12th) ball - pretty intense last 2 balls. I think we scored 15mm. Previously, we never got past reactor 7.
Also, does the last digit have significance on the scores in that picture above? (5014441 vs 5014442)

The last digit indicates how many reactors that player destroyed.

#4825 5 years ago

Nobody ever complained about too many pics right? I have had an issue with the 7-segment displays for scoring not working properly but spooky is sending some replacement parts to fix. In the meantime... this game is super addictive!

IMG_1807 (resized).jpgIMG_1807 (resized).jpgIMG_1808 (resized).jpgIMG_1808 (resized).jpgIMG_1817_2 (resized).jpgIMG_1817_2 (resized).jpg
#4826 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

Nobody ever complained about too many pics right? I have had an issue with the 7-segment displays for scoring not working properly but spooky is sending some replacement parts to fix. In the meantime... this game is super addictive!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you carried that upstairs!

Nice room!!

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks like you carried that upstairs!
Nice room!!

Haha, if only I was that strong! Even on a dolly I couldn't manage to pull it up one step. I called up a local moving company and they sent out two big guys that picked it up like it was nothing. I was pretty amazed.

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

Haha, if only I was that strong! Even on a dolly I couldn't manage to pull it up one step. I called up a local moving company and they sent out two big guys that picked it up like it was nothing. I was pretty amazed.

Sounds like a great solution!! But now that you’re on Pinside as a new member, I feel obligated to let you know that for future games you’re obligated to drop a post on here and a local pinsider can come to your aid. Plus they can share in the joy of putting the first few games on it.

I was just in BG last weekend so this happened a few days too late for me. (Grew up there and all my family still lives there).

#4829 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gumball machine, you should get a TZ imo best toy in pinabll history.

#4830 5 years ago

new Shooter rod my wife had made for me.

tna rod (resized).jpgtna rod (resized).jpgtna rod 3 (resized).jpgtna rod 3 (resized).jpgtna rod2 (resized).jpgtna rod2 (resized).jpg
#4831 5 years ago

Anyone have any ideas? Game worked fine. I lifted playfield (with game off) to check tightness of pop bumper screws. Put playfield back down... now this. Just cycles through score displays.

EDIT: jiggled a wire going to the display and game works now

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone have any ideas? Game worked fine. I lifted playfield (with game off) to check tightness of pop bumper screws. Put playfield back down... now this. Just cycles through score displays.

There is a small power button on the PC board in the bottom right of the backbox. I would push it. Sometimes the PC fails to autoboot the way it should, and you have to manually push this button to get the PC to boot.

EDIT: Hmmm... maybe the cable pushed the power button?

#4833 5 years ago

You probably blew the p-roc board, even when game is just urned off it holds power for some time. I learned this when I blew up mine working on it and my screw driver created a spark and game was off. Cost me i think around 200 for another one.

#4834 5 years ago

I am about to order Hooked pop bumper mod and noticed the ceramic ball mod. What are your guys thoughts on ceramic ball for TNA? Is it worth it? This game is kicking my ass-can't imagine the ball being even faster-holy reject batman.

Also I have decided I am going to order a Polk for my TNA. It does have significant bass-but I want more

#4835 5 years ago

what right and left flipper power setting is everyone using?

#4836 5 years ago

Got my TNA from Spooky a few days ago. Always liked it at shows, and finally had the resources to obtain one. Worked fine straight out of the box. Number 526.

20190218_182121.jpg20190218_182121.jpg
#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What are your guys thoughts on ceramic ball for TNA? Is it worth it? This game is kicking my ass-can't imagine the ball being even faster-holy reject batman.

I have not played with power ball but to me the game is fast enough as it is. I have heard it's fun but I think I'll play it for a good while standard balls and maybe in a year try the PB.

#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am about to order Hooked pop bumper mod and noticed the ceramic ball mod. What are your guys thoughts on ceramic ball for TNA? Is it worth it? This game is kicking my ass-can't imagine the ball being even faster-holy reject batman.
Also I have decided I am going to order a Polk for my TNA. It does have significant bass-but I want more

Lol I have had PB in from day one! As if the game isn't fast and challenging enough this adds another realm Its super fast and adds a panic in a sense...when I see it pop in the shooter lane the only thing I think of is I gotta get that baby in the lock as fast as possible or panic and craziness is sure to follow! Lol Love the added realm and its staying.. good luck and enjoy!

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I got one for Xmas with the side rail kit. Tried it out crazy fast but killed my scores...it plays so different

#4840 5 years ago

Thank you for the rubber washers @spookykt!

TNA Club, which six star posts do you put them under? I can guess two under the bottom slingshots since I have flaking there. I assume the two posts next to the keypad targets. Do the last two go on top of the slingshots?

#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thank you for the rubber washers spookykt!
TNA Club, which six star posts do you put them under? I can guess two under the bottom slingshots since I have flaking there. I assume the two posts next to the keypad targets. Do the last two go on top of the slingshots?

I just put them under ALL my star posts, to keep everything even. Was that wrong?

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I just put them under ALL my star posts, to keep everything even. Was that wrong?

I did this as well and waxed the playfield while I was at it.

#4843 5 years ago

I've had my game for a week and am loving it so far. It's actually crazy fun in a one pin collection (though I think it would be perfect in a 2-3 pin collection). I'll leave it on when I'm home and every time I pass it I say I'll play just one game and before you know it I've played ten. Last night I had a blast just shooting orbits and working on regaining control not even worrying about progressing in the game. The game does have an unfortunate tendency to reveal how bad I am at pinball, but the games are over so quickly that the sting doesn't last too long.

The music and light show live up to billing too and just makes for a great pure pinball experience. Great job Spooky and Scott Danesi!

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I did this as well and waxed the playfield while I was at it.

Ideally yes, but they only sent me six of them. That said...I tried it and I don't care for the black look. Has anyone found a clear colored one that matches the size?

#4845 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Got my TNA from Spooky a few days ago. Always liked it at shows, and finally had the resources to obtain one. Worked fine straight out of the box. Number 526.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club Dennis! I didn't know you had one on order. Enjoy

#4846 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ideally yes, but they only sent me six of them. That said...I tried it and I don't care for the black look. Has anyone found a clear colored one that matches the size?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00843U5WS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

#4847 5 years ago

I used these and they work well. Similar to the ones above but in metric vs standard.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DKKR3XI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Welcome to the club Dennis! I didn't know you had one on order. Enjoy

Somewhat spontaneous due to getting ready to change jobs, freed up some options. Was directed here for the washer discussion, wrote to Spooky but they indicated the recent games don't have the issue. I'd say I'd catch up and read the club but 97 pages is a bit much even for me!

#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Somewhat spontaneous due to getting ready to change jobs, freed up some options. Was directed here for the washer discussion, wrote to Spooky but they indicated the recent games don't have the issue. I'd say I'd catch up and read the club but 97 pages is a bit much even for me!

If you've got the washer fix and you're updated on the latest code (official version is 1.3.0 but there's a beta code on Scott's beta page), then you should be good to go.

If you are feeling particularly motivated, many (including myself) have swapped out the power supply fan for a quieter one. Plus if you don't have one, you really, really, really need to get a shaker. It has the best shaker integration in any pinball game I've played.

Some people have swapped out LCD panels for something that isn't as "washed out" as the stock one, but if you play with the settings on the stock monitor, you should find something that works.

Also if you're having trouble with scoop rejects, bending the scoop down slightly should help a bit, but the scoop is tough to hit from the right flipper.

#4850 5 years ago

And flashinstinct's decal set to put the final "spit and polish" on the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
10,000 (Firm)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 210.00
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/97?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.