(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 239.
#4751 5 years ago

Need some help.my metal bracket on my pop bumper had dropped. When I opened the machine found these six washers and two screws. What's the correct way to reattach?
KingPinGames any advice?

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190211185756502_COVER (resized).jpg00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190211185756502_COVER (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190211_185649 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190211_185649 (resized).jpg
#4752 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Here is the drop switch.
https://www.pinballlife.com/sub-microswitch-with-19-straight-flat-actuator.html
Be careful when tightening the switch down as too much sideways pressure on the switch can make it stick and/or damage it.
Here is a diagram of the TNA pop from the Baywatch manual that I have. Same thing.
[quoted image]

From an earlier post from scott

#4753 5 years ago

Essentially

Metal ring
Washer
Fiber insert
Metal insert
Washer
Washer
Nylon nut

#4754 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Need some help.my metal bracket on my pop bumper had dropped. When I opened the machine found these six washers and two screws. What's the correct way to reattach?
kingpingames any advice?
[quoted image][quoted image]

There are two threaded rods that come down from the pop bumper ring. Each will go through three washers, then the two yokes and secured with the lock washer.

#4755 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

There are two threaded rods that come down from the pop bumper ring. Each will go through three washers, then the two yokes and secured with the lock washer.

Oops. I would trust KingPinGames over my post, though I have always seen what I posted on plenty of games, only with 1 washers not 3, as described here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-485839

#4756 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Essentially
Metal ring
Washer
Fiber insert
Metal insert
Washer
Washer
Nylon nut

Thank you! KingPinGames and floyd1977 back up and running. Funny thing I didn't notice till I was playing today that it had dropped and I had some of my best games past few days without the pop bumper working. Lol. Thanks gentleman!

#4757 5 years ago

from the field, a stock machine is on coin operated play and enjoyed by new, casual and expert players alike in a public arcade.

Screenshot_2019-02-12 Philly Pinball Club on Instagram “Scenes from PPC night one We had a great first night of the winter [...]Screenshot_2019-02-12 Philly Pinball Club on Instagram “Scenes from PPC night one We had a great first night of the winter [...]
#4758 5 years ago

What size torx bit do I need to open the siren light? T8?

#4759 5 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

I notice the scoring display not functioning at all (it looks like it is stuck in some type of start up mode).

I would reach out to Spooky about that. Hopefully you can resolve it soon to get some playtime in.

#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Note that it produces approx. 1/2 the airflow of the stock fan

Is that a concern at all?

#4761 5 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar Are we close to 1.3.1 release or would you still recommend 1.3.1.b3?

#4762 5 years ago

I'm enjoying the game more with the flipper strength at 26. For me it makes the game a little bit easier.

#4764 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I did not make this. It was provided to me by Spooky Tech when I was having issues on my lights. I agree it is a great resource and hope it gets included in the TNA manual when it becomes public.

Indeed - this is a great resource - thank you for sharing. I'm going to print and laminate this and put it in the game.

#4765 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Indeed - this is a great resource - thank you for sharing. I'm going to print and laminate this and put it in the game.

it will be in the manual. I need to update a couple of pictures from the latest code and hopefully will have a draft for everyone to look at (and to rip me a new one for not being a manual designer) by the end of the this month (february 2019)

#4766 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

it will be in the manual. I need to update a couple of pictures from the latest code and hopefully will have a draft for everyone to look at (and to rip me a new one for not being a manual designer) by the end of the this month (february 2019)

You've got high standards to live up to ever since Butch appeared on the scene.

#4767 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

You've got high standards to live up to ever since Butch appeared on the scene.

For sure. Mine will look like doodles on a napkin by comparison

#4768 5 years ago

Can someone send me the numbers off the backbox key? We may have lost ours and I have a pile I can go through before picking or drilling. There was much drinking and rejoicing after the last code update.

#4769 5 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

Can someone send me the numbers off the backbox key? We may have lost ours and I have a pile I can go through before picking or drilling. There was much drinking and rejoicing after the last code update.

Mine is H95

#4770 5 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

They are different. You can go to an auto parts store and get a basic torx bit set (tamper proof). You can unscrew the plate that has the lock and then remove the entire plate and change the lock

#4771 5 years ago

Should be taking delivery of my first pin, #527, early next week!

#4772 5 years ago

Got my TNA set up today and I'm loving it! A few things:

Should the backglass feel kind of loose like it's rattling around when I touch it?

Is 1.2.1 the latest firmware?

Anybody else have problems with their backglass key? Mine works about 1 in 10 attempts at turning it. The cashbox key works great.

How can I lock the front metal edge piece back in after removing the glass? I pulled the lever to remove it but I can't figure out how to lock it back in. The lever doesn't seem to want to move once the metal edge is back in place.

I still need to level it.

Love the game! My first pin!

#4773 5 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Should the backglass feel kind of loose like it's rattling around when I touch it?
Anybody else have problems with their backglass key? Mine works about 1 in 10 attempts at turning it. The cashbox key works great.
How can I lock the front metal edge piece back in after removing the glass? I pulled the lever to remove it but I can't figure out how to lock it back in. The lever doesn't seem to want to move once the metal edge is back in place.

First off congrats on your first pin!

My backglass is the same, a little rattly but not really an issue for me at least.

no, you can get instructions on how to update the game and also the latest production code here: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

My backglass key work just fine every time.

The lever may be a little hard to push back in. (edit: You will want to pull the lever to the left then place your lock down bar in then push the lever to the right)

(if i missed anything someone else also chip in)

#4774 5 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

The lever may be a little hard to push back in. (edit: You will want to pull the lever to the left then place your lock down bar in then push the lever to the right)
(if i missed anything someone else also chip in)

perfectly right. a little hard to do on my machine too, just wiggle a bit and try a few more times, put pressure on the lockdown bar. it will close up fine!

#4775 5 years ago

You can adjust the screws in the lockdown bar receiver to make it easier to lock down . Do them each a half turn at a time until the lock bar fits nice and tight but can be latched easily.

#4776 5 years ago

My cousin's game is very difficult to latch the lock down bar. Really looked at it hard one day and I really couldn't figure out a good solution to make it easier. The notches simply weren't low enough for the mechanism to latch properly, and the screws didn't help. We just have to battle it to get it to work every time.

#4777 5 years ago

Hooked on pinball Reactor mod installed Since my machine is all powder coated black I had to make it black instead of chrome...great mod!

20190216_221803.jpg20190216_221803.jpg20190216_221921.jpg20190216_221921.jpg20190216_221922.jpg20190216_221922.jpg

#4778 5 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Funny, I got my TNA delivered today (by Chris at Kingpin games, HIGHLY recommend) and I wondered the same thing about the back glass and am having difficulty with the lock bar as well. I haven't messed around with it too much because I'm having too much fun playing. The only other issue I had was my siren topper makes a grinding noise sometimes when it spins. I'll open it up and look at it tomorrow.

This game definitely has me playing "one more game," over and over again.

#4779 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Funny, I got my TNA delivered today (by Chris at Kingpin games, HIGHLY recommend) and I wondered the same thing about the back glass and am having difficulty with the lock bar as well. I haven't messed around with it too much because I'm having too much fun playing. The only other issue I had was my siren topper makes a grinding noise sometimes when it spins. I'll open it up and look at it tomorrow.
This game definitely has me playing "one more game," over and over again.

I used two small pieces of sticky back weather strip to provide cushion for the backglass. Glad you're enjoying the game!

The rock tumbler beacon is on mine too. I just turn off the beacon on attract mode.

#4780 5 years ago

Killer looking game @bladefury!

#4781 5 years ago

Will update the firmware and work on the lock down bar today.

When does the red siren topper come on?

#4782 5 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Will update the firmware and work on the lock down bar today.
When does the red siren topper come on?

During normal gameplay it comes on while your reactor is critical.

#4783 5 years ago

Is there a recommended walkthrough/tutorial video?

#4784 5 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Is there a recommended walkthrough/tutorial video?

this is a great one, but also contains a spoiler for the end of the game just as an FYI if you care

#4785 5 years ago

Ok I'll try to avoid the spoiler. Is it at the end of the video?

BTW I got the latch closed by pressing my forearm against the bar and putting a lot of weight on it. This is closed, right?

latch (resized).jpglatch (resized).jpg
#4786 5 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Ok I'll try to avoid the spoiler. Is it at the end of the video?
BTW I got the latch closed by pressing my forearm against the bar and putting a lot of weight on it. This is closed, right?
[quoted image]

yes that is closed
and yes the spoiler is near the end, basically don't watch reactor 9

#4787 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I used two small pieces of sticky back weather strip to provide cushion for the backglass. Glad you're enjoying the game!
The rock tumbler beacon is on mine too. I just turn off the beacon on attract mode.

Ha, rock tumbler is a good description of the noise. Is this pretty normal for TNA? Did you ever take a look at it the siren?

The game is super fun and addictive.

#4788 5 years ago

PIcked up a gorgeous TNA earlier in the week, and played a bunch of games before upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.3.0.

I've got three bugs to report
1. Present in both versions. You cannot tilt during bonus count. Even worse, if the tilt bob is still swinging, any tilt warning (or possibly tilt) will commence for the next player or ball. Tilt switch activation should continue through bonus count, and next ball should not advance until tilt switch activation has ceased for a reasonable time frame.

2. Present only in 1.3.0. Have seen a number of times where a slingshot (right that I've seen) stays activated for several seconds after a fire. Super annoying.

3. Have had one instance in normal single ball play, reactor not started, where the shaker produced a continuous rumble. Nothing would stop it. It would shake normally during game activated features, then return to this low rumble state. Had to turn the game off to get it to stop.

#4789 5 years ago

Love the speaker light kit. Thanks Team Spooky!

ADBC4636-C616-490B-93C5-37EBBF11F8CA (resized).jpegADBC4636-C616-490B-93C5-37EBBF11F8CA (resized).jpeg
#4790 5 years ago

Fired up my TNA (#427) today and found the same thing. Thanks to this thread got it all put back together quickly!

Quoted from luckycreature:

kingpingames any advice?
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4791 5 years ago
Quoted from procks:

On thing to check is that the brackets that hold the speaker panel in on the head aren’t too wide. On my game the speaker panel and Bk above it would wobble out from where they meet. Once when moving the game the BG fell right out! Was a minor miracle it didn’t shatter.

I simply bent the brackets that hold the speaker panel in place down/narrower and that solved it 100%.

#4792 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

PIcked up a gorgeous TNA earlier in the week, and played a bunch of games before upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.3.0.
I've got three bugs to report
1. Present in both versions. You cannot tilt during bonus count. Even worse, if the tilt bob is still swinging, any tilt warning (or possibly tilt) will commence for the next player or ball. Tilt switch activation should continue through bonus count, and next ball should not advance until tilt switch activation has ceased for a reasonable time frame.
2. Present only in 1.3.0. Have seen a number of times where a slingshot (right that I've seen) stays activated for several seconds after a fire. Super annoying.
3. Have had one instance in normal single ball play, reactor not started, where the shaker produced a continuous rumble. Nothing would stop it. It would shake normally during game activated features, then return to this low rumble state. Had to turn the game off to get it to stop.

Can you downgrade to earlier code on spooky games?

#4793 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Can you downgrade to earlier code on spooky games?

Yes. I once backed it down to an old code just so I could hear the old BEEPs!

#4794 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

On thing to check is that the brackets that hold the speaker panel in on the head aren’t too wide. On my game the speaker panel and Bk above it would wobble out from where they meet. Once when moving the game the BG fell right out! Was a minor miracle it didn’t shatter.
I simply bent the brackets that hold the speaker panel in place down/narrower and that solved it 100%.

Interesting. Does anybody's not wobble where those two panels meet?

#4795 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Ha, rock tumbler is a good description of the noise. Is this pretty normal for TNA? Did you ever take a look at it the siren?
The game is super fun and addictive.

I did take a look and I tried to get some super lube in the mechanism, but it really didn't help. It was covered at some point either in this thread or the TNA production thread, but it's pretty normal among TNA's. If you take it off attract mode, the beacon only lights up during critical reactor. At that point, it's really hard to hear the beacon, especially with a shaker installed. (which btw, if you don't have one for this game, it is a must)

#4796 5 years ago

Regarding the tricky back box key up above: are you sure you are using the right one? It’s different than the coin door key and it is hidden on a little clip inside the door.

#4797 5 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Interesting. Does anybody's not wobble where those two panels meet?

I added a 2 inch section of weather stripping on each side to keep the glass from vibrating against the speaker panel. It was more the noise that bothered me. The weather stripping took care of that.

#4798 5 years ago

I'm joining the club! Mine should be shipping soon. I purchased through Kingpin too! I've been looking forward to adding this game to my collection ever since playing it with friends on location.

Any tips for setup?
What are your recommendations on playfield angle, 6.5 degree?

#4799 5 years ago

Well, #216 has started to get play field chipping . The bottom right sling star post has some paint coming up around it. I’ve played an estimated 800 games on it (code update wiped my audits). The bottom left sling star post looks to be “pushing” up some of the clear coat. I guess it is time to order the play field protector.

#4800 5 years ago

All if you haven't got the washers on your star posts - DO THIS NOW. Pretty much all of the games made are going to suffer from this problem.

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/96?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.