(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 239.
#4551 5 years ago

It was awesome to have TheNoTrashCougar hanging out on the Twitch chat, watching and answering questions. Thanks Scott. The time you spend with the community and in support of a "finished" game speaks volume about how much you care. It is really appreciated!

#4552 5 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I like to think of Scott as Elon Musk. TNA is a Tesla. That works for me in my world.

I disagree, Would Scott blast a TNA into space like Elon did with his car? NO!

#4553 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I disagree, Would Scott blast a TNA into space like Elon did with his car? NO!

Hell ya! He can use mine.

EDIT>> On second thought, it would have to be the whitewood.

#4554 5 years ago

Hey Guys,
A bunch of TNA game specific parts just went up on the Pinball Life website.

https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation.html

--Scott

#4555 5 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar (or someone else if this is not a software bug)

Playing a 4 player co-op game yesterday. Started a second co-op game and all the score displays dimmed. I thought that was odd, so I went into service mode and back out to reset. Displays looked good, then started another 4 player co-op game, and the pin re-booted.

I have not messed around too much, but was able to reproduce it one time with similar situation, but this time player one score display was blank and the other 3 were dim, service mode, exit, start new co-op game (it actually started a versus game, which was odd) then it rebooted.

Let me know what other diagnostic info might be helpful, etc. if you think this is a software bug.

#4556 5 years ago
Quoted from nalsa:

thenotrashcougar (or someone else if this is not a software bug)
Playing a 4 player co-op game yesterday. Started a second co-op game and all the score displays dimmed. I thought that was odd, so I went into service mode and back out to reset. Displays looked good, then started another 4 player co-op game, and the pin re-booted.
I have not messed around too much, but was able to reproduce it one time with similar situation, but this time player one score display was blank and the other 3 were dim, service mode, exit, start new co-op game (it actually started a versus game, which was odd) then it rebooted.
Let me know what other diagnostic info might be helpful, etc. if you think this is a software bug.

have you tried the latest beta? I think it was a bug fixed in the latest. http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

#4557 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

have you tried the latest beta? I think it was a bug fixed in the latest. http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Ahhh thanks for the heads up, didn't think to check for a new Beta, seems to describe a very similar issue.

#4558 5 years ago

Is the power filter board from pinball life an add on board?

#4559 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Is the power filter board from pinball life an add on board?

What do you mean an "add-on board"? The power filter board is an OEM replacement part. It is the exact same board that is in the game now.
--Scott

#4560 5 years ago

I ordered a playfield protector last week. My playfield less than 300 plays is just covered in dimples. Also having the washer playfield issue. Since I plan on owning for a long time hoping to protect it going forward. I'll post pictures once I start the install.

#4561 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I ordered a playfield protector last week. My playfield less than 300 plays is just covered in dimples. Also having the washer playfield issue. Since I plan on owning for a long time hoping to protect it going forward. I'll post pictures once I start the install.

You're going to seal in the dimples rather than playing the machine without the protector and having the dimples smoothed out naturally? That seems like a strange choice.

#4562 5 years ago

I've swapped games around and now have my TNA off route and am in process of shopping it out and will be adding it to my home collection finally.

If folks are interested I can post some pics of how things looked after approx. 5-6K plays on route.

#4563 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I've swapped games around and now have my TNA off route and am in process of shopping it out and will be adding it to my home collection finally.
If folks are interested I can post some pics of how things looked after approx. 5-6K plays on route.

Would like to see the pics!

#4564 5 years ago

Just an FYI, I put up some new beta code tonight that should clear up the sling sticking issue that some of you are seeing. Let me know if you still have issues with it. Thank you!

#4565 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You're going to seal in the dimples rather than playing the machine without the protector and having the dimples smoothed out naturally? That seems like a strange choice.

I had just assumed the play field protector couldn’t stop dimpling.

#4566 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just an FYI, I put up some new beta code tonight that should clear up the sling sticking issue that some of you are seeing. Let me know if you still have issues with it. Thank you!

TheNoTrashCougar version b2 has been solid after 10 test games, slings haven’t acted up.

#4567 5 years ago

#stuckyball

20190116_221447 (resized).jpg20190116_221447 (resized).jpg
#4568 5 years ago

Anybody else that was having sling issues try out that latest Beta code? v1.3.1.b2

If that solved it, I am going to push it as a production release very soon.

--Scott

#4569 5 years ago

I just noticed it happen on an upper sling in the reactor area for me for the first time last night. I will give the beta code a shot and let you know what I see.

#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just noticed it happen on an upper sling in the reactor area for me for the first time last night. I will give the beta code a shot and let you know what I see.

Excellent! Thank you!

#4571 5 years ago

Anyone try "1 Reactor Battles" with your buddies yet?

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1777

Reactor Destroyed (resized).JPGReactor Destroyed (resized).JPG

#4572 5 years ago

That sounds fun. If only I had friends.

#4573 5 years ago

[quoted image]

This sounds fun, gonna try it out this weekend.

#4574 5 years ago

[quoted image]

That’s dope.

Should have high score table for us friendless people.

#4575 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Def doing this over the weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4576 5 years ago

[quoted image]

My initial thought on this was that I don't want to set the "Annihilation after reactor" setting to 1 because I want to have the satisfaction of seeing what it looks like when I finally destroy the 9th reactor.

But then, after I sobered up, I realized this is a sweet idea. Who am I kidding... after only destroying 3 reactors there's no way I'm ever going to get to 9 unless I get struck by lightening and acquire magical meta-human Bowen skills in the process.

#4577 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

My initial thought on this was that I don't want to set the "Annihilation after reactor" setting to 1 because I want to have the satisfaction of seeing what it looks like when I finally destroy the 9th reactor.
But then, after I sobered up, I realized this is a sweet idea. Who am I kidding... after only destroying 3 reactors there's no way I'm ever going to get to 9 unless I get struck by lightening and acquire magical meta-human Bowen skills in the process.

You can always set it to 3.

#4578 5 years ago

I suggest 5.

Give yourself a challenge to chase.

#4579 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest 5.
Give yourself a challenge to chase.

Do I hear 7... ??? Going once... going twice...

#4580 5 years ago

EDIT>>. Nevermind. I found that Green labelled cab switch plug was down inside the cable wrap going into the head. Reconnected and it’s all good now.

—————-

I just finished my post-route shop job and went to enter the service menu and my coin door buttons are not working. Of course everything was working fine before I started it.

I vaccumed out the backbox and cabinet along the way so possible I jostled some wires.

Game boots fine, has 1 credit on it, won't start a game either via the Start button (which is flashing).

I checked all the plugs on the boards in the backbox and they seem fine.

All the board LEDs back there are glowing red, but I noticed the little daughter board that the button wires run to below the left flipper button in the cabinet the LED glows green. Is red = good for the backbox boards?

Any suggestions before I email support?

#4581 5 years ago

Is there supposed to be a sound associated with hitting the right loop orbit? I get one going around the left loop orbit, but not the right. Of course...the left loop has the spinner, so not sure if that’s the reason, or not?

Thanks, if anyone can chime in...

#4582 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Is there supposed to be a sound associated with hitting the right loop orbit? I get one going around the left loop orbit, but not the right. Of course...the left loop has the spinner, so not sure if that’s the reason, or not?
Thanks, if anyone can chime in...

Try a switch test for that top right orbit, both should make a whoosh sound when triggered.

#4583 5 years ago

More Beta code for your pleasure... Man, this v1.3.1 patch is really turning into another decent update.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

--Scott

#4584 5 years ago

#4585 5 years ago

Can you set it up as a mode like team co op etc. Be fun to play have a 1 and 3 reactor mode. Just makes it easier than changing settings

#4586 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Can you set it up as a mode like team co op etc. Be fun to play have a 1 and 3 reactor mode. Just makes it easier than changing settings

I cannot unfortunately, it will make it way too easy to blow up the high score tables for on location games. This is an operator only adjustment for the moment.
--Scott

#4587 5 years ago

I cannot unfortunately, it will make it way too easy to blow up the high score tables for on location games. This is an operator only adjustment for the moment.
--Scott

Understood just food for thought if you ever want to create a way it doesnt track on the scoreboard

#4588 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Understood just food for thought if you ever want to create a way it doesnt track on the scoreboard

It would also have to disable replay qualification as well. I don't think I will be adding this, but definitely a good idea. I am always open to ideas!

#4589 5 years ago

Scott thanks for all your hard work. I’m sure tracking down bugs is not easy or fun to do.

I was curious if you could give a brief synopsis of how you came to making TNA. I mean what year you started, how you were able to program the game (did you have any experience with programming), how you decided to produce the game, was it hard to go from prototype to production because you needed to make everything more polished for retail sales.

#4590 5 years ago

I am always open to ideas!

Have the game sense if a ball is in the shooter lane during fast restart. So three balls in the trough and one in the shooter lane just starts up a new game right away. No need for it to auto plunge.

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Have the game sense if a ball is in the shooter lane during fast restart. So three balls in the trough and one in the shooter lane just starts up a new game right away. No need for it to auto plunge.

Cheater!

#4592 5 years ago

I would like a call out making fun of anyone that does a cheater restart

Would love the lady voice mocking the player or something about giving up and now everyone dies.

#4593 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Would love the lady voice mocking the player or something about giving up and now everyone dies.

That’s a good idea.

#4594 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nooooo thanks! I get enough of that kind of talk for the Mrs. at home.

#4595 5 years ago

More Beta code for your pleasure... Man, this v1.3.1 patch is really turning into another decent update.
--Scott

@thenotrashcougar
“Hold buttons to scroll up and down in menu” Thank you!

A weird thing I’ve noticed is you can’t view the GC score when scrolling left during attract mode. You have to go left past High Score 1 and then right. Scrolling left seems to miss a few screens along the way.

#4596 5 years ago

@thenotrashcougar, it’d be neat to be able to not just expose these ideas, but make them downright easy. It depends on the framework you’re using and if it gets in the way or not. And since I don’ t know the framework, I’m obviously talking out my arse. But this is Pinside!

I’m imagining opening the coin door, going into the menu, and selecting “Scott’s Awesome Competition Modes”. In there are “1 reactor”, “3 reactor”, and whatever other awesome ideas come up. Selecting this, configures the difficulty, the reactor count, disables high scores and replays. And, most important, *doesn’t* save the configuration to storage. On reboot, the original operator settings would be restored. This would then stay an owner/operator-initiated thing, but perhaps expose these cool things on a much broader basis.

An *extension* of this idea would be to take any operator configuration, and store it as a saved configuration. Let people load that saved configuration temporarily, or set the boot mode to that configuration.

#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

thenotrashcougar
“Hold buttons to scroll up and down in menu” Thank you!

Great. I noticed this when adding points to get extra ball/free game. Had to push the button 100x to add a million points. LoL

#4598 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would welcome that, "The past is doomed as the result of your cowardice." ... as long as it still restarts faster.

#4599 5 years ago

--Scott

Since you are still refining an already very good code, we had a suggestion pop up during our SCS. One of the player display died during the middle of the game and we couldn't fix it physically. We had to stop the game because at no point the player scores show on the LCD.

Would it be possible to have players scores be part of game info as you trap a ball as a backup for a display issue for example?

#4600 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Since you are still refining an already very good code, we had a suggestion pop up during our SCS. One of the player display died during the middle of the game and we couldn't fix it physically. We had to stop the game because at no point the player scores show on the LCD.
Would it be possible to have players scores be part of game info as you trap a ball as a backup for a display issue for example?

I’d emailed Scott a while ago and asked for an option to put the scores on the LCjdisplay - I do a lot of streaming and I do direct output from the PC to my screaming rig to avoid a camera pointing at the screen but on TNA I still need another camera for the score. So I plead again please add a config mode to out the score on the screen

Neil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/92?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.