(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 239.
#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Default settings and outlanes? Wow.

Yep, it's def way above my average game though. I'm no Elwin or Gagno, but I can hang

I think one of the jackpots I got in that game was around 750k...

187500 x 4 balls in play I think it was? I'm not positive on that...it was hectic at that point haha

#4502 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Yep, it's def way above my average game though. I'm no Elwin or Gagno, but I can hang
187500 x 4 balls in play I think it was? I'm not positive on that...it was hectic at that point haha

Holy crap, you guys are crazy!

#4503 5 years ago

#alwaysbemaxinreactor

#4504 5 years ago

Put up another decent game. No issues noticed yet. The high score sound effects are a nice touch. Also does the reactor change different colors than it did before? I think I'm just looking for bugs so noticing more things, but it went a nice light blue or teal at level 4 or 5...

Easily one of the greatest games I've owned or played. It's been said 100 times, but thanks again Scott!

20190106_161222 (resized).jpg20190106_161222 (resized).jpg

#4505 5 years ago

<3 Thank you.

The reactor colors are the same as in previous versions.

#4506 5 years ago

Think it does a new sort of white sparkle light effect? I like it

#4507 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

&lt;3 Thank you.
The reactor colors are the same as in previous versions.

I don't get too level 5 that often then obviously lol

#4508 5 years ago

I just had the right lower sling stick on the newest beta....it's not machine gunning. It actually stays energized.

Gotta make dinner now.

#4509 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed multiball delays on the new code? I've had quite a few multiballs where I hit the target to drop the balls out and the game doesn't actually notice it for a few seconds. In one instance all the balls went down the drain before it noticed multiball and activated the ball save :\

#4510 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Hoping I'll get something like that one of these times! Fun, haha

#4511 5 years ago

I'm still trying to get my standing targets dialed in. I did some leaf switch adjustments yesterday, but still think I need to work on them. One thing that would help to know -- should you get the nice sounding beep sounds every time you hit the circle or square standing targets (or does it depend where you are in the game as to whether you'll get points and/or sounds?).

It seems I'll get sounds occasionally from various circle targets, and almost never from the square red reactor targets. When I don't get the nice bleep sound, I sometimes think I hear a small more faint sound, but nothing overly audible. When I do the switch testing rolling a ball into the targets, they do register.

#4512 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Has anyone noticed multiball delays on the new code? I've had quite a few multiballs where I hit the target to drop the balls out and the game doesn't actually notice it for a few seconds. In one instance all the balls went down the drain before it noticed multiball and activated the ball save :\

I haven't noticed this with mine

#4513 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I haven't noticed this with mine

Me either.

#4514 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

This is due to the switch not registering on your first drop target. Check that switch in switch test and adjust it if needed.

#4515 5 years ago

Lsst game of the night. I think something needs to be looked at still Scott. I've had the slings machine gun and sometimes stay energized too. Switches are not set super feather tight or anything. Could be mechanical of course, rubbers or switch issue or something too..my beta testing is over for the day, where do I collect my bitcoins?

20190106_181201 (resized).jpg20190106_181201 (resized).jpg
#4516 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I just had the right lower sling stick on the newest beta....it's not machine gunning. It actually stays energized.
Gotta make dinner now.

Check the leaf switches and make sure they are not adjusted too sensitive. If the switches are bouncing while the sling is being pulsed out, it will continue to queue up those switch hits. The new code, as I have mentioned, used a PWM to fire the coil, so this is why that behavior is happening.
--Scott

#4517 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Lsst game of the night. I think something needs to be looked at still Scott. I've had the slings machine gun and sometimes stay energized too. Switches are not set super feather tight or anything. Could be mechanical of course, rubbers or switch issue or something too..my beta testing is over for the day, where do I collect my bitcoins? [quoted image]

3.9 million??? WTF man. Still going to challenge you on a dollar game...

Let me know what you find when looking at the leaf switches, I bet they are bouncing.

--Scott

#4518 5 years ago

I’ve had my slings lock for a second on a couple occasions with the newest code. Never had it happen before. My sling switches are very sensitive so I assume that’s because of your new logic.

I did have 2 balls served into the shooter lane last night. That has never happened before.

Thanks for all your hard work, Scott!

#4519 5 years ago

I'm getting machine gun/stuck slings again as well, after widening the switch gaps.

Managed to try a TNA on location this weekend: zero airballs, played exactly as advertised. It was super wicked…tons of co-op games all afternoon.

Glad that I've been able to string some games together on the home machine as well. Much progress.

#4520 5 years ago

Scott, think you already answered this but maybe you (or someone else) can diagnose.

Balls are randomly added to game. At some points when it gets real bad it’s continuous and balls are thrown into the game as quickly as they can drain. So I’ll get like a 4 ball Multiball going for no reason.

Something to do with the trough?

Also, it might be time to go through my game and tighten stuff up... the pop fell apart and it’s hardware was laying on the bottom of the cabinet. Powerful shaker!

#4521 5 years ago

This is due to the switch not registering on your first drop target. Check that switch in switch test and adjust it if needed.

Looks like you're correct, I guess it was just super coincidental. The switch seems to be totally failed which is oddly the second one of my drop target switches to break. I'll email spooky to see if I can order a replacement.

#4522 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Scott, think you already answered this but maybe you (or someone else) can diagnose.
Balls are randomly added to game. At some points when it gets real bad it’s continuous and balls are thrown into the game as quickly as they can drain. So I’ll get like a 4 ball Multiball going for no reason.
Also, it might be time to go through my game and tighten stuff up... the pop fell apart and it’s hardware was laying on the bottom of the cabinet. Powerful shaker!

Check your trough jam opto. If the game thinks there is a ball stuck it will keep trying to clear it by pushing another one past it.

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Check your trough jam opto. If the game thinks there is a ball stuck it will keep trying to clear it by pushing another one past it.

Yep this... There is also an error report in the statistics menu of the service menu now too that will show this.

#4524 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I’ve had my slings lock for a second on a couple occasions with the newest code. Never had it happen before. My sling switches are very sensitive so I assume that’s because of your new logic.
I did have 2 balls served into the shooter lane last night. That has never happened before.
Thanks for all your hard work, Scott!

Check the error report in the statistics menu, it will tell you why the ball was served. Jam VS shooter switch not registering.

#4525 5 years ago

So far the the bug fix has worked, no sling shot issues. Other than adding stickers I have not made any changes or adjustments to the game since I got it. I see a lot of play field tweaking going on maybe that might be playing a role in some of the play field issues. On my end so far all is good.. Thanks for helping me out Scott!

#4526 5 years ago

Has anyone had an issue where the beacon/backbox led/rear gates/speaker lights stop working? I know they are on the same chain, I’ve re-seated all connectors, still no change.

#4527 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

i had to replace my opto boards

#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

i had to replace my opto boards

Like the ones on the trough? I haven't looked too closely, had this issue spring up recently.

#4529 5 years ago

My left sling stays energized for about 2 seconds with new update. Happened when trying to destroy reactor 1.

#4530 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed when installing the rubber washer fix from spooky that the slings don’t fire as much? Would the rubber washers change the height and cause the slings to not fire as much?

#4531 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Has anyone noticed when installing the rubber washer fix from spooky that the slings don’t fire as much? Would the rubber washers change the height and cause the slings to not fire as much?

I think that's true and I need to readjust my right sling switches. Just missed destroying reactor 6 by 1 target because the sling didn't fire and the ball bounced down the middle.

#4532 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I think that's true and I need to readjust my right sling switches. Just missed destroying reactor 6 by 1 target because the sling didn't fire and the ball bounced down the middle.

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

#4533 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

This is your basic lead switch adjustment. Get a ultimate leaf adjustment tool from pinball life. You will use it on every pinball you own. There are some videos on YouTube, but basically you are going to adjust the gap between the two switches closer together if the reaction time isn't to your liking or further apart if you think the sling is "getting stuck."

#4534 5 years ago

Yesterday I entered the future!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4535 5 years ago

wow! 511 built!!!!

They are merely weeks away form finishing the run and then I hope ACNC buyers are ready cause things are gonna get real

#4536 5 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

Like the ones on the trough? I haven't looked too closely, had this issue spring up recently.

Yes

#4537 5 years ago

Check the error report in the statistics menu, it will tell you why the ball was served. Jam VS shooter switch not registering.

This error report rules!

#4539 5 years ago

Should I wait to update???

#4540 5 years ago

I am planning to release a small patch, v1.3.1, in the next few weeks if you want to wait. Otherwise 1.3.0 is just fine. You can look at my site int eh Beta Code Zone to see what the little patches will be.

#4541 5 years ago

I’ll wait, thanks.

This is a fantastic pin either way.

You’re the Willy Wonka of pinball designers.

#4542 5 years ago

Got a stream going with the new 1.3.0 code now!

http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#4543 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll wait, thanks.
This is a fantastic pin either way.
You’re the Willy Wonka of pinball designers.

I like to think of Scott as Elon Musk. TNA is a Tesla. That works for me in my world.

#4544 5 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I like to think of Scott as Elon Musk. TNA is a Tesla. That works for me in my world.

I prefer to think of him as Gomez Addams. Quirky, fun to be around, and a beautiful wife.

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I prefer to think of him as Gomez Addams. Quirky, fun to be around, and a beautiful wife.

I like to think of him as Gary Wallace from "Weird Science". He is just an average nerd, but accidentally creates something pretty neat.

#4546 5 years ago

I like to think of him as Gary Wallace from "Weird Science". He is just an average nerd, but accidentally creates something pretty neat.

can KingPin be Chet?

#4547 5 years ago

speaking of... I would love that as a pinball theme...

is this possibly a forshadowing of SD2?

#4548 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

speaking of... I would love that as a pinball theme...
is this possibly a forshadowing of SD2?

You shut your mouth kind sir...

#4549 5 years ago

Here's Skip nailing the Super Secret Skill Shot (SSSS) on TNA last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidAliveTeaAliens

How to: full plunge, bounce pass and back hand the drops from the right flipper. Don't flip the left flipper at all. 100k points!

#4550 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here's Skip nailing the Super Secret Skill Shot (SSSS) on TNA last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidAliveTeaAliens
How to: full plunge, bounce pass and back hand the drops from the right flipper. Don't flip the left flipper at all. 100k points!

oh man, now it's not a super secret anymore!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/91?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.