(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 239.
#4451 5 years ago

What voltage is a bill acceptor on a TNA?

#4452 5 years ago

The mystery spot should occasionally *take something away*. Just to screw with people. "Security walked by, reactor room locked". "Reactor cooled down".

Or perhaps "Never Gonna Give You Up" (and a music change..)

#4453 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What voltage is a bill acceptor on a TNA?

Factory voltage is 110v ac

#4454 5 years ago

I installed the v1.3.0 code today, and I noticed one instance where the left sling stayed in the active position for about half a second. It was so fast that it was impossible to know whether it was actually energized or if it might have been a mechanical issue. Anyone else seen this?

#4455 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I installed the v1.3.0 code today, and I noticed one instance where the left sling stayed in the active position for about half a second. It was so fast that it was impossible to know whether it was actually energized or if it might have been a mechanical issue. Anyone else seen this?

I saw it with the right sling during reactor 1, there were at least a few instances where that sling stayed pushed out for at least an extra second.

It also seems like some of the audio changed too? At least when you launch the ball the sound effect seems different. Maybe I'm crazy.

#4456 5 years ago

The orbit sound effect is so cool

#4457 5 years ago

Are the rubbers on TNA silicone?

#4458 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

[quoted image]
TNA Code Update!!!
It is finally here in all of its glory. Version 1.3.0 with many new features and bug fixes. Please see the change log below. The code can be downloaded from the link below as well. As always, let me know if you encounter any issues with the software and I can address them. Enjoy!

Scott,

I installed the code yesterday and one thing that happened 3-4 times is this.

Let's say you have 2 tilt warnings. You then have a ball go into the locks and tilt at the same time. The machine indefinitely freezes up on the tilt screen. It then goes into ball search. Sometimes it unlocks the ball from the lock and continues the game and sometimes it doesnt and the game just endlessly sits on tilt and you have to restart the machine.

#4459 5 years ago

I noticed a few changes too. I think my right sling did what’s being talked about...stuck in the out position for a second. Weird.

Also, I think the beginning music is different. Not sure I like it.

My menu buttons inside the cabinet door are now all of a sudden super sensitive...touching button just a little will jump 2 or 3 spots instead of one push moving one spot like before.

#4460 5 years ago

Hmm, interesting notes. I will look into these and see what is going on. Thanks for the heads up.
--Scott

#4461 5 years ago

For the sling issue, make sure your switches are adjusted properly as it is just firing a PWM to the coil multiple times. This will not hurt the coil as it is not giving it full power. I can look to make a change in the future to prevent this on multiple fires from a flaky switch. The tilt thing is definitely a bug as it should know that the balls are locked in there. It monitors the lock mech constantly and will not drop properly locked balls, but it looks like you found a race condition that I need to find. This is all super helpful.

Also, I did not change the music at all. I did modify the orbit sound effect though.

Thank you again,
--Scott

#4462 5 years ago

Please let me know if you guys encounter anything else strange and I will dig into it.
--Scott

#4463 5 years ago

Minor bug encountered last night:

A) 2-player co-op game started.
B) P1 is playing, and has 1 reactor destroyed on ball 1. His score is, let's say, 300001.
C) While P1 is still up, I pressed the start button to join the co-op.
D) I was added and everything worked as expected, but...
E) The "1" got removed from the end of P1's score.

The playfield still showed that we were working on Reactor 2, of course. Over the rest of game, P1 destroyed another reactor or two, and his last digit increased each time but was always -1 from where it should be.

I'm not surprised that this wouldn't have come up before.

#4464 5 years ago

While we're talking code, here is a minor feature request.

When entering intials, press both buttons to go to End.

#4465 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

B) P1 is playing, and has 1 reactor destroyed on ball 1. His score is, let's say, 300001.
The playfield still showed that we were working on Reactor 2, of course. Over the rest of game, P1 destroyed another reactor or two, and his last digit increased each time but was always -1 from where it should be.

I reported this to Scott directly via email last night

#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Quoted from Toyguy:

I reported this to Scott directly via email last night

This bug has been in for a while now and I am surprised 2 people caught it within a couple days of the new software! Crazy. Thanks for the report, I will get this updated in the next release, which will most likely just be a minor bug fix release. I am going to wait a bit though to make sure there are no other bugs in the game. I appreciate the non use of pitchforks here, I do not have a huge team of people helping me test.
--Scott

#4467 5 years ago

I am surprised 2 people caught it

Dave reported it to you based on me reporting it to him last night.

So, we're only talking about 1 incident.

#4468 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Dave reported it to you based on me reporting it to him last night.
So, we're only talking about 1 incident.

Ohhhh, that makes more sense. That was so close to one of my test scripts, just without the reactor blowing up thing.

#4469 5 years ago

I installed the 1.3.0 code last night and got noticeably better game play, not sure how but the shots seem to come smoother. The only issue I am having right now is on a few occasion the right sling stayed active for a good second or two. I have also had the screen give me the "no signal" alert and everything goes white on the play field. I have to take the back glass off and reboot the unit by hitting that little reset button to get it going again. This happened only a few time on the last code but happen a good four times on me last night. The play overall is great..

#4470 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I installed the 1.3.0 code last and noticeably better game play not sure how but shots see to come smoother. The only issue I am having right now is on a few occasion the right sling stayed active for a good second or two. I have also had the screen give me the "no signal" alert and everything goes white on the play field. I have to take the back glass off and reboot the unit by hitting that little reset button to get it going again. This happened only a few time on the last code but happen a good four times on me last night. The play overall is great..

I would contact service about that PC issue as it looks like the PC is losing power on you...

#4471 5 years ago

I would contact service about that PC issue as it looks like the PC is losing power on you...

Christopher told me that it happens rarely but they still don't have a clear understanding as to why it happens. It only happened twice on me prior but the new code must have triggered something. I'll give it some more plays this weekend to see if it continues.

#4472 5 years ago

thanks scott for the code update! i took the opportunity to check my starposts and to install the rubber washers i ordered from amazon!

i have some slight playfield damage in the high impact area around the target bank, also the rubber next to the scoop was starting to crack and this starpost showed some cracking and was replaced. installed new purple rubber sleeves too.

i also found some damage beneath the starposts on both slingshots. the rubber washers cover it up perfectly though and i think it's going to contain the damage in the future. game number is 106.

have to say it does not bother me at all, i have way too much fun playing this baby than it can be dimished by these small cosmetic flaws

1E74986C-4137-4E94-8E75-E58DD8A96894 (resized).jpeg1E74986C-4137-4E94-8E75-E58DD8A96894 (resized).jpeg4E157302-699D-4B67-8DDE-F30FB7F27C98 (resized).jpeg4E157302-699D-4B67-8DDE-F30FB7F27C98 (resized).jpegC8EDCFC0-0DE1-41E7-BA9A-9624380946BD (resized).jpegC8EDCFC0-0DE1-41E7-BA9A-9624380946BD (resized).jpegDFAB7E69-90E2-43C7-A644-B3E278A1F3B6 (resized).jpegDFAB7E69-90E2-43C7-A644-B3E278A1F3B6 (resized).jpeg
#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Christopher told me that it happens rarely but they still don't have a clear understanding as to why it happens. It only happened twice on me prior but the new code must have triggered something. I'll give it some more plays this weekend to see if it continues.

Yeah, please keep me updated so I can continue to discuss it with the cpu manufacturer

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Oooh, fancy new website URL!
Though I must say that it seems like this game specific support stuff should be hosted on Spooky's website (www.spooky.com). But it appears to be a static webpage from approx. 1997
I guess they lack an appropriate technical resource to keep their site current.

Correct URL for Spooky is spookypinball.com not spooky.com and I agree that their website seems a bit outdated. But hey... in their defense, they have the best website in Benton, WI!

#4475 5 years ago

I've played a bunch of games on the new code now. 1 issue I've seen so far is the left sling stuck on for longer than normal...good extra second or 2.

#4476 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I've played a bunch of games on the new code now. 1 issue I've seen so far is the left sling stuck on for longer than normal...good extra second or 2.

Yeah, I have a few more reports of this as well, but not on everyone's machine. How often is it happening? It is not dangerous to your machine since I am using a pulsed signal for the coil, but it seems I need to adjust something called a debounce for this to ignore flaky switch hits. I will put out a bug fix patch for this in a week or two.
--Scott

#4477 5 years ago

I've only seen it once in about 10 games. But def an issue as I've seen a few people post about it, and I've never had it happen in over 500games before the code update.

#4478 5 years ago

”something called a debounce”

We use debounce timers often in industrial automation programming. Basically, it’s a couple hundred milliseconds delay to make sure a process has been making a position switch before actually calling it at position.
Think of something actually physically bouncing and momentarily making a switch until it settles down and steadily makes the switch.

#4479 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Scott,
I installed the code yesterday and one thing that happened 3-4 times is this.
Let's say you have 2 tilt warnings. You then have a ball go into the locks and tilt at the same time. The machine indefinitely freezes up on the tilt screen. It then goes into ball search. Sometimes it unlocks the ball from the lock and continues the game and sometimes it doesnt and the game just endlessly sits on tilt and you have to restart the machine.

Please contact me via PM as I am unable to replicate this. Thank you,
--Scott

EDIT: Please also double check the version number you are on as this was an issue in earlier versions.

#4480 5 years ago

Seems like the damage to the playfields is from the star post being over tightend. You can tell from the indent on the playfield.

#4481 5 years ago

If anyone is having the slingshot issue and willing to try out the new beta code, please let me know if the updates I made eliminate the issue. Unfortunately, this is not happening on games I have access to, so I cannot replicate.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Thank you,
--Scott

#4482 5 years ago

Game #333... My left slingshot started acting up right after the update.

#4483 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Game #333... My left slingshot started acting up right after the update.

Yeah, there is an issue in the code for certain machines, nothing dangerous. Please give the new beta code I just posted a try and see if that resolves it, if it does not, I will go nuclear on the issue.

Thank you,
--Scott

#4484 5 years ago

I had the left sling issue a little bit ago, and also had something happen that never has happened before. Volume increased on its own up to 8 from 3 and 4, 3 games in a row after ball 1 or 2. Haven’t had it happen since.

#4485 5 years ago

I'm installing new beta now....

#4486 5 years ago

If anyone is having the slingshot issue and willing to try out the new beta code, please let me know if the updates I made eliminate the issue. Unfortunately, this is not happening on games I have access to, so I cannot replicate.
Thank you,
--Scott

Only happened once in 24 balls, lower left reactor sling (video attached). Vastly improved, didn't encounter any on the lower slings.

I've had a few lock rejections, might be a Drop Target #3 issue? If I try to park one immediately after lighting locks, it will knockdown #3 rather than raise #2 (video attached).

#4487 5 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the videos. So it still did happen with the new Beta v1.3.1.b1 software? If so, I may have to rework what I did for the v1.3.0 release...

The lock rejection is caused by the CPU not reading and responding to the opto beam quick enough. This happens once it a while if you really shoot it in there at full speed. I have seen this on my game, but there is not much I can do about it. There is even a stat in the audits to say how many lock rejects are happening. The software does it's best to keep this from happening, but it still can happen rarely.

If the lock rejects are becoming an issue, I can modify the lightshow to reallocate some of the CPU usage.

Thank you again!!!
--Scott

#4488 5 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the videos. So it still did happen with the new Beta v1.3.1.b1 software? If so, I may have to rework what I did for the v1.3.0 release...
The lock rejection is caused by the CPU not reading and responding to the opto beam quick enough. This happens once it a while if you really shoot it in there at full speed. I have seen this on my game, but there is not much I can do about it. There is even a stat in the audits to say how many lock rejects are happening. The software does it's best to keep this from happening, but it still can happen rarely.
Thank you again!!!
--Scott

Occurred just the one time in v1.3.1.b1, much less than before. Happened right when reactor went critical too, not sure if that would have affected it. I'm going to try going back to the stock rubbers as well…the airball situation has mellowed considerably since adding the washers and updating the code.

Thanks for clarification on the quick lock shot. Felt like an "it's only pinball" sort of situation, glad to have that confirmed.

Thanks so much, Scott!

#4489 5 years ago

Do I have the new beta code world record? Mine hasn't done anything strange yet on new beta code. My righthand reactor sling was machine gunning a few times, but it probably just needs a leaf adjustment, one leaf looks like it could be a little to close I suppose.

20190106_145702 (resized).jpg20190106_145702 (resized).jpg
#4490 5 years ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

Occurred just the one time in v1.3.1.b1, much less than before. Happened right when reactor went critical too, not sure if that would have affected it. I'm going to try going back to the stock rubbers as well…the airball situation has mellowed considerably since adding the washers and updating the code.
Thanks for clarification on the quick lock shot. Felt like an "it's only pinball" sort of situation, glad to have that confirmed.
Thanks so much, Scott!

Oh ok, I am going to try one more thing before I scrap the new sling logic and start over. I will be uploading beta 2 tonight.

Let me know if the lock rejects during reactor critical become an issue. This is actually a CPU limit that I am pushing right up against. The compromise would be the lightshow during reactor critical would just have to pulse instead of move from bottom to top. I am still going to look into how to improve the performance other ways as well.

Thank you again for the help!
--Scott

#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Do I have the new beta code world record? Mine hasn't done anything strange yet on new beta code. My righthand reactor sling was machine gunning a few times, but it probably just needs a leaf adjustment, one leaf looks like it could be a little to close I suppose.
[quoted image]

Holy crap! 5.6 million???? You cheat Dr Jones.

#4492 5 years ago

Ha 7 reactors is my record on old code. I can play

#4493 5 years ago

I think the key thing here is that some games the sling switches are so tight that they machine gun and it is throwing off my new logic and pulsing out the sling. Please try and adjust the sling switches and let me know if it still happens. This may just be what the machine gunning sling looks like with this new pulsed code. That adjustment I made in the current beta code should help greatly though.
--Scott

#4494 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Find me at a show, I can talk a bunch of friendly shit and probably get my ass kicked. I challenge you to a dollar game.

--Scott

#4495 5 years ago

On the beta before this I had the left sling stick on like in that video above, not machine gunning. Just to be clear

I'll adjust it and play some more tonight. I haven't had a sling stick on yet with newest beta.

#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

Thanks so much, Scott!

Sweet, I'll give the b2 a test run when it's ready!

The lightshow coming out of the right scoop is mind blowing every time, BTW. I'll keep an eye out for odd behaviour during critical reactors.

I did notice some machine gunning, assumed that's what it was doing instead of staying stuck on now. Adjusted the switches to be bit less sensitive.

Happy to help, you're most welcome!

#4497 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Default settings and outlanes? Wow.

#4498 5 years ago
Quoted from Whamtan:

Sweet, I'll give the b2 a test run when it's ready!
The lightshow coming out of the right scoop is mind blowing every time, BTW. I'll keep an eye out for odd behaviour during critical reactors.
I did notice some machine gunning, assumed that's what it was doing instead of staying stuck on now. Adjusted the switches to be bit less sensitive.
Happy to help, you're most welcome!

You know, I think this is where I am going to leave it. In the current Beta (b1), if they machine gun fast enough, it just looks like it sticks. This should be rare, but it is indicating that a switch needs to be looked at.

Before I release an official patch for these bugs, I am going to wait a little bit to see if any more issues roll in. I am hoping not. (crossing fingers)

Thank you all for the help and feedback.

--Scott

#4499 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Default settings and outlanes? Wow.

Yeah I am definitely challenging him to a dollar game. I will report back how bad I got burned.

#4500 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Do I have the new beta code world record?
[quoted image]

Is there a leaderboard for solo 4P co-op?

IMG_8629 (resized).JPGIMG_8629 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/90?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.