(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 239.
#4351 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No problem, as long as it’s not harmful. Thanks!

Absolutely not harmful.

#4352 5 years ago

Very nice!

#4353 5 years ago

Sent you a couple reports TheNoTrashCougar

I'll try playing a few more games on it, but might be reverting back to 1.2.1 until it gets fixed. The game has frozen up twice in about a dozen games.

Thanks!

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Sent you a couple reports thenotrashcougar
I'll try playing a few more games on it, but might be reverting back to 1.2.1 until it gets fixed. The game has frozen up twice in about a dozen games.
Thanks!

Sweet. Thanks. Please report anything you find using that form on the beta site. Thanks again!

#4355 5 years ago

On the game side, I've been noticing that all of the star posts that I've installed the silicon washers on have started to break on me. I just replaced one that was chipping (to the right of the scoop) as I was installing the washers, but now I've noticed that most all of them are breaking in some way. I'll have to replace them, but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this after using the washers? I have about 1000 games on my machine, and haven't had any issues until I've installed the washers.

#4356 5 years ago

Other than being too hard, my TNA is perfect. I’m not sure I want to add or change anything at this point,

The enemy of good is better.

#4357 5 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

This shows the plug (front) and the port (rear).
Printed in black PLA at 2 perimeters, the port itself will print with 3 though (2 external and 1 internal)
I think it looks really neat.
[quoted image]

It looks great! ...but how does it sound?

#4358 5 years ago

I still think I should work on getting my RAD targets more sensitive, but "RAD targets not selected for Reactors 1-2" is a welcome addition.

#4359 5 years ago

I’ve been running the beta about a week and would love to know if anyone else is seeing random extra balls thrown into play now and then. I don’t recall this in 1.2.1 but I may be misremembering. Trying to pin down if it’s code or hardware. Error report is not showing any trough errors though.

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On the game side, I've been noticing that all of the star posts that I've installed the silicon washers on have started to break on me. I just replaced one that was chipping (to the right of the scoop) as I was installing the washers, but now I've noticed that most all of them are breaking in some way. I'll have to replace them, but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this after using the washers? I have about 1000 games on my machine, and haven't had any issues until I've installed the washers.

I hope not! I'll take a look at mine tonight.

#4361 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It looks great! ...but how does it sound?

Great! But again there are a couple more improvements to make, mainly fully sealing the enclosure. The port is just under 7cm total length and should tune the sub to 40-45Hz.

I also removed the screening from the speaker opening as the sub cone was sitting against it.

#4362 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I’ve been running the beta about a week and would love to know if anyone else is seeing random extra balls thrown into play now and then. I don’t recall this in 1.2.1 but I may be misremembering. Trying to pin down if it’s code or hardware. Error report is not showing any trough errors though.

I saw it too, but wasnt sure what is was, just like you. Has your game reset randomly during reactor overheat?

#4363 5 years ago

Yeah, had 2 hard crashes with the ball in the core building criticality. Also had several more instances of additional balls getting kicked into play. Rolled back to 1.2.1 and no further problems. Something fishy in beta-Ville I think

#4364 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I saw it too, but wasnt sure what is was, just like you. Has your game reset randomly during reactor overheat?

Quoted from Toyguy:

Yeah, had 2 hard crashes with the ball in the core building criticality. Also had several more instances of additional balls getting kicked into play. Rolled back to 1.2.1 and no further problems. Something fishy in beta-Ville I think

Looks like I got some tracking down to do. I am going to pull the beta for now until I can figure out what is happening. Thanks guys!
--Scott

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Looks like I got some tracking down to do. I am going to pull the beta for now until I can figure out what is happening. Thanks guys!
--Scott

I appreciate your dedication!

#4366 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Ok. Glad it wasnt just me!

--Scott

Thanks Scott!

#4367 5 years ago

Just made the final payment on mine!
First order of business is to figure out how to play my TNA with headphones so I can enjoy the music without pissing off the family. Has anyone done this yet?

(install a headphone jack, not piss off my family).

Thanks for any advice...

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

it is a standard 3.5mm jack that goes into the back of the amp. you could install a splitter before it enters the amp, then run a male to female extension to the outside of the game somewhere (through the coin return possibly). when you want to use your headphones, plug them into the female extension and then reach in and turn the amp power switch off.

I have not actually tested this, but it should work

#4369 5 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Just made the final payment on mine!
First order of business is to figure out how to play my TNA with headphones so I can enjoy the music without pissing off the family. Has anyone done this yet?
(install a headphone jack, not piss off my family).
Thanks for any advice...

it is a standard 3.5mm jack that goes into the back of the amp. you could install a splitter before it enters the amp, then run a male to female extension to the outside of the game somewhere (through the coin return possibly). when you want to use your headphones, plug them into the female extension and then reach in and turn the amp power switch off.

I have not actually tested this, but it should work

#4370 5 years ago

Found the logic issue on reactor 3 stalling out in the latest Beta code! I also think I tracked down the extra ball kicking out issue that only happens on a few machines.

New Beta code is up (v1.3.0.b10)! Just a friendly reminder, please keep in mind this beta version of the software is a work in progress and it may have some minor issues. If you install this and see any issues, please use the form at the bottom of the Beta Code Zone on my website to let me know what happened to the best of your knowledge. You can always revert back to the latest Production code if needed.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Thanks guys and gals!
--Scott

#4371 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I hope not! I'll take a look at mine tonight.

Late reply here, but I checked mine and the posts seem fine. I did tighten mine down pretty damn tight so the washers squished past the bottom of the posts, maybe that is enough to protect them from blows?

#4372 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Late reply here, but I checked mine and the posts seem fine. I did tighten mine down pretty damn tight so the washers squished past the bottom of the posts, maybe that is enough to protect them from blows?

I'll have to try that when I get the new posts. I didn't want to break anything else tightening touch, but I'll try that.

#4373 5 years ago

For Christmas I got a set of stickers for the playfield targets My wife checked the contents when she got them and it was damaged.
The corner was folded over, she knows the wrinkle will be seen when installed.
She emailed the seller and they blew her off, did nothing to replace the set. ($20.00)

tna 003 (resized).JPGtna 003 (resized).JPG
#4374 5 years ago

I doubt the wrinkle will show are you kidding me?

Anyway I’d take a warm iron not too hot place a handkerchief over and flatten it out if your that concerned.

#4375 5 years ago

Those decals will be fine.

#4376 5 years ago

FYI on the Vantec Stealth fan swap in the factory power supply. I have since finished that mod, and truth be told - it tripped me up a bit, and here's why...

I removed the power supply from the cabinet, removed the cover and the OEM fan. I then unpacked the Vantec and swapped the power connector from the OEM fan to the Vantec fan and snipped the yellow (RPM/temp control wire) on the new fan back and then proceeded in reverse order and buttoned up the entire power supply. I then re-installed it in the cabinet, hooked everything back up and turned on the game, and the power supply was making what I can only call a "thunking" sound. I immediately realized what was going on and figured the fan was trying to spin up, but either didn't have enough voltage, or was physically obstructed. I powered everything down, pulled the power supply back out and went back to my workroom to yank everything apart again.

I had assumed the new Vantec fan to be good, but truthfully - I didn't test it - I just installed it. I needed to rule out the fan or the power supply itself, so I yanked out my handy dandy JAMMA test rig and used it to drive the OEM power supply so I could physically see what the fan would do, and fortunately it was good.

In case you are wondering how quiet this new Vantec Stealth fan is in comparison to the SCREAMER that comes stock with the game.....

I then reassembled the power supply, now knowing the fan is good and used my JAMMA rig to power up the power supply and test the fan before going back into the game. I found the fan doing the EXACT same thing - attempting to spin up and making the "clunking" sound. With the power supply still on, I loosened a few of the cover screws to no avail and then loosened the mounting feet screws, and voila - the fan started to spin as expected.

What I found out was the feet mounting screw that is by the fan (see below) will protrude into the power supply casing far enough to contact the fan frame and cause it to compress/twist just enough to impede the fan from working properly.

IMG_3043 (resized).jpgIMG_3043 (resized).jpg

Once I was at this point, I could repeat the process at will. I then buttoned everything up - minus this screw - and I'm now good-to-go and the game sounds 100x better.

YMMV, but this caused me some head scratching until I broke everything back down and went back at it step-by-step.

Something that was supposed to be so simple....

#4377 5 years ago

Found the logic issue on reactor 3 stalling out in the latest Beta code! I also think I tracked down the extra ball kicking out issue that only happens on a few machines.
New Beta code is up (v1.3.0.b10)! Just a friendly reminder, please keep in mind this beta version of the software is a work in progress and it may have some minor issues. If you install this and see any issues, please use the form at the bottom of the Beta Code Zone on my website to let me know what happened to the best of your knowledge. You can always revert back to the latest Production code if needed.
Thanks guys and gals!
--Scott

Scott would that issue be present in the present shipping code (1.2.1? I think?) I’ve been having extra balls been shot out and have swaped and replaced lots of parts because of it! If so is there a workaround whilst we wait for full code?

Thanks
Neil.

#4378 5 years ago

Thanks guys and gals!
--Scott

The new flipper hold strength is fantastic - I noticed it immediately. Just that change alone is worth updating for. Thanks Scott!

#4379 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Scott would that issue be present in the present shipping code (1.2.1? I think?) I’ve been having extra balls been shot out and have swaped and replaced lots of parts because of it! If so is there a workaround whilst we wait for full code?
Thanks
Neil.

I am not sure, I am still getting reports of extra balls being kicked into play even with the beta, but I have yet to see it on the 3 machines I have tested on. This is one of those very strange issues. I am thinking it could be a flaky rollover switch in the trough, but I will have to dig into it a bit more.

#4380 5 years ago

How do one turn off extra balls? I cant figure it out.

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

How do one turn off extra balls? I cant figure it out.

This doc from my website has all the settings listed in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p78DQzAWaLikkQ-y03z-Uub7v2SshlyS/view

Just set Extra Ball 1 Reactor and Extra Ball 2 Reactor both to 0.

#4382 5 years ago

I am not aware of any sort of extra ball issue on the 1.2.1 release code. I have had it on the 1.3.0 beta code though. I thought I had tracked it down to my being stupid and losing track of ball searches and grace periods and all that, and that is certainly a part of it, but we had one clear case last night with several of us watching where a single ball was in play, no scoop launches or reactor kills, etc., and a second ball was launched into play. I am beginning to suspect hardware issues. Spooky has asked me to look at the trough jam opto, which I did. It looked fine as far as I can tell. Maybe it's registering spuriously and causing the game to try clearing a jam by pushing out a ball. I'm not sure yet.

On the positive side, the reactor heat-up game hang is fixed. Nice work tracking that one down Scott. 1.3.0b10 is pretty solid outside of determining whether these extra balls are code or hardware related.

Scott, is there any way for you to track in the log or something when balls are inappropriately launched?

#4383 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I am not aware of any sort of extra ball issue on the 1.2.1 release code. I have had it on the 1.3.0 beta code though. I thought I had tracked it down to my being stupid and losing track of ball searches and grace periods and all that, and that is certainly a part of it, but we had one clear case last night with several of us watching where a single ball was in play, no scoop launches or reactor kills, etc., and a second ball was launched into play. I am beginning to suspect hardware issues. Spooky has asked me to look at the trough jam opto, which I did. It looked fine as far as I can tell. Maybe it's registering spuriously and causing the game to try clearing a jam by pushing out a ball. I'm not sure yet.
On the positive side, the reactor heat-up game hang is fixed. Nice work tracking that one down Scott. 1.3.0b10 is pretty solid outside of determining whether these extra balls are code or hardware related.
Scott, is there any way for you to track in the log or something when balls are inappropriately launched?

Currently a shooter lane switch error and a jam error will show up in the error report in the beta version. I am going to have to add some debug code to figure out why another ball is launched in your game at random times. I have not had this happen on the 3 games that I have been testing on at all, so this is a tough one for me since I cannot see what is happening. I have had at least 2 people say they are experiencing this with the current beta code and I think 1 person is experiencing this with the current production (v1.2.1) code. Dang, I wish my game was doing it, this would be solved already... haha.

There still is 1 issue int eh beta where the reactor critical can slow down the game during co-op, I will get that fixed asap, but I need to replicate it first, which s another difficult one.

Thanks for all the help guys! This is very helpful and time-saving for me and I really appreciate it.

--Scott

#4384 5 years ago

Thank you for all your efforts on TNA Scott. Your close involvement with the community was one of the big selling points for me, beyond how great a game it is.

I sent you an email on this but I'll post here too as I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else notices it.

Reactor speed run tracking looks like it may have a bug somewhere. I currently have a 4 second kill time on Reactor 1. I see no way that's even remotely possible, even if I did everything correctly the first time. I'd have to plunge the rollover, fall directly into the scoop, abort the light show, eject, hit an orbit, build criticality, fall directly into the scoop, eject and hit the destroy shot. Seems suspect to me. I'm wondering if there's a bug where it's resetting the uptime, maybe in co-op or team-vs mode? Maybe I am that good but I don't think so

#4385 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Thank you for all your efforts on TNA Scott. Your close involvement with the community was one of the big selling points for me, beyond how great a game it is.
I sent you an email on this but I'll post here too as I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else notices it.
Reactor speed run tracking looks like it may have a bug somewhere. I currently have a 4 second kill time on Reactor 1. I see no way that's even remotely possible, even if I did everything correctly the first time. I'd have to plunge the rollover, fall directly into the scoop, abort the light show, eject, hit an orbit, build criticality, fall directly into the scoop, eject and hit the destroy shot. Seems suspect to me. I'm wondering if there's a bug where it's resetting the uptime, maybe in co-op or team-vs mode? Maybe I am that good but I don't think so

I have seen this happen many times and it is actually legit. The time is from when the reactor starts to when it is killed. If you are in multiball, and start the reactor, it starts immediately, If you have a ball in the core already, it will overheat it and you can kill it pretty damn fast. I think the fastest I have ever seen was something like 2 seconds. I am probably going to have to set this to milliseconds. I will double check though and make sure there is nothing going on here that could be giving incorrect results.

Thank you for the kind words. We should probably keep most of the Beta bug discussion offline as it scares some people. I have already been getting questions about if these bugs exist in v1.2.1, which they do not.

Thanks again!
--Scott

#4386 5 years ago

I think actually the fastest scenario for speed run would be multiball where you have a balls in the core that make it critical upon startup almost instantly, and the one that starts it is a quick flip away from a kill after scoop ejection. both my reactor 1 and 2 were under 10 seconds.

edit: scott is awesome and beat me to it

#4387 5 years ago

That's an interesting thought. I typically do start multiball any time I can, so maybe that's what happened - one hit the scoop, one went up an orbit and went critical and one of the other two hit the destroy shot. Under the new beta, that wouldn't be R, A or D on reactor 1, so it could have been just a pop bumper hit. Maybe I am that good!

#4388 5 years ago

Argh! I got bit by the beta bug on our best coop game ever. Reactor 4 online, multiball, ball inside the reactor working towards critical - got it to 86 and everything froze - the flippers and solenoids quit working, but the music continued to play. Here is a screen pic of the game frozen:

50AF6F68-6085-455B-AB6F-76C07F2DC055 (resized).jpeg50AF6F68-6085-455B-AB6F-76C07F2DC055 (resized).jpeg
#4389 5 years ago

Thanks for catching that. This will be fixed in the next beta update. ^^^^^
--Scott

#4390 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I'll second this. On paper TNA doesn't seem to be all that but it plays so fast and the code is so tight and the sights and sounds are fantastic... I think the extra mile by Scott is what makes it so great.

I'm still amazed at how great the pin is, especially considering how much has been done by one person.

#4391 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'll second this. On paper TNA doesn't seem to be all that but it plays so fast and the code is so tight and the sights and sounds are fantastic... I think the extra mile by Scott is what makes it so great.
I'm still amazed at how great the pin is, especially considering how much has been done by one person.

Thank you so much! This is a huge amount of work, but it is all good. I appreciate the kind words, it makes it all worth it.
--Scott

#4392 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One awesome! person .

#4393 5 years ago

He is a pretty great dude!

Thx for all you continue to do scott!

#4394 5 years ago

Thank you so much! This is a huge amount of work, but it is all good. I appreciate the kind words, it makes it all worth it.
--Scott

Yes awesome game. My wife doesn’t like to play pinball, but I have seen her play more in the last week on TNA than she has in the 15 years I’ve been in the hobby. Great job on this game! Very unique pin for sure.

#4395 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Yes awesome game. My wife doesn’t like to play pinball, but I have seen her play more in the last week on TNA than she has in the 15 years I’ve been in the hobby. Great job on this game! Very unique pin for sure.

Same here; TNA is one of two pinball machines my wife likes to play (other being AFM). Co-op is super fun with her!

#4396 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Same here; TNA is one of two pinball machines my wife likes to play (other being AFM). Co-op is super fun with her!

I bought AFM and TNA most recently like July - November respectively.

Obviously they are the new kids and you’d expect them to be the most played. But I do think they both have special qualities that make them super fun. Even when I have a terrible game on TNA it’s still fun.

#4397 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

So I should get a AFM? Dumb question how does co-op work?

#4398 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Dumb question how does co-op work?

Co-op (TNA) you press and hold in the start button before adding second player and you then add additional players up to 4.

After that you all are on the same team. Player 1 players first ball, player 2 players second ball and so on each get three balls plus extra balls if earned.

So if you had three players you’d get 9 balls plus extra balls. You all get the same score so if player one gets 88888 then player 2 starts at that point and adds on. You all share your goals across players just as if you were playing one player. So if a reactor is active and you drain the next player takes up from there.

As far as I know there is no keeping track of who got how many points so it’s not a compitetion. But if you destroy a reactor you get a 1 at the end of your score and if you don’t destroy you get a 0 otherwise each player has the same score.

#4399 5 years ago

TNA also has a vs mode. In which 4 players compete but you have teams player 1 and 3 against player 2 and 4

#4400 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

So I should get a AFM?

You should get AFM it’s one of the best pinball ever. But it doesn’t have co-op or vs mode only TNA has those. I wish other games would be able to play co-op and vs but they don’t. It’s a great idea that TNA has and another great idea for TNA is a speed run where it remembers how long it takes to destroy each reactor and you can enter your initials if you get a better time than has already been recorded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/88?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.