(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 239.
#4251 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

You mean these? (that's in my tna btw)[quoted image]

Yes those. Thanks.

#4252 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Now with Spooky approved repair kit. Still really not happy this is what we have to resort to after 80 games played.[quoted image]

aobrien5 @delti90 KingPinGames HookedonPinonics and AndHart120 - How many star posts did you fit with the washers?

Reason I ask is I received an envelope from Spooky with 7 clear acrylic washers in it, and the instructions I received were to fit the posts on the top of each sling and the posts on each side of the yellow target bank (total of 4). I'm trying to determine how I'm going to re-level the plastics since some posts will have washers and others will not and the washers don't appear to have any give. If I see it to be too much of an issue, I'll likely wind up going the Home Depot washer route and try to level everything out as much as possible by fitting them everywhere that appears to be needed.

I've noticed that there's not much thread left on top of the star posts for the nut to grab onto as it is (before the washers are installed).....any thoughts/insight is appreciated here.

#4253 5 years ago

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'd seriously suggest buying the package of washers from Amazon. They are $6 and I don't think any company is going to be able to produce anything as good as those. I ordered these prior to Spooky posting. When they were still in transit I considered reaching out to Spooky to get the "official" mod, but after they arrived I discovered they were the perfect fix.

#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

aobrien5 delti90 kingpingames hookedonpinonics and andhart120 - How many star posts did you fit with the washers?
Reason I ask is I received an envelope from Spooky with 7 clear acrylic washers in it, and the instructions I received were to fit the posts on the top of each sling and the posts on each side of the yellow target bank (total of 4). I'm trying to determine how I'm going to re-level the plastics since some posts will have washers and others will not and the washers don't appear to have any give. If I see it to be too much of an issue, I'll likely wind up going the Home Depot washer route and try to level everything out as much as possible by fitting them everywhere that appears to be needed.
I've noticed that there's not much thread left on top of the star posts for the nut to grab onto as it is (before the washers are installed).....any thoughts/insight is appreciated here.

I believe I installed 8 total. All of the slingshot posts (3 per sling), then the two next to the yellow circle targets by the scoop.

I'll check out the acrylic washers when I'm back in town tomorrow since mine should be in, but it sounds like I'll want to stick with these silicone washers. I didn't do anything in regards to relevel the plastics since I didn't really notice any leveling issues.

On another note it looks like we've run up the price on the 40 pack on amazon as now they're $13 and out of stock for two weeks lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4255 5 years ago

I used the rubber ones for the post in question and they seem fine.

Why would you have to relevel the post?

#4256 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Does anyone know where you can buy a replacement inner side decal? I damaged mine from what I thinking lifting up the playfield or taking the glass in/out

I was a bonehead and did this myself... grrrr. I somehow had the playfield stuck in some sort of f-d up position, and wound up scraping the right side pretty bad. I think I am just going to move to mirror blades though.

It was my own fault.

#4257 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

aobrien5 delti90 kingpingames hookedonpinonics and andhart120 - How many star posts did you fit with the washers?

You got a bonus washer. They have mylar in 6 locations. Either side of target bank and top/bottom of slings. Plastics were all fine with the rubber washers Spooky sent me.

#4258 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'd seriously suggest buying the package of washers from Amazon. They are $6 and I don't think any company is going to be able to produce anything as good as those. I ordered these prior to Spooky posting. When they were still in transit I considered reaching out to Spooky to get the "official" mod, but after they arrived I discovered they were the perfect fix.

All good, lpeters82 - I didn't see your reply while reading through the thread (I obviously missed it), but certainly appreciate the feedback.

Quoted from atrainn:

I believe I installed 8 total. All of the slingshot posts (3 per sling), then the two next to the yellow circle targets by the scoop.
I'll check out the acrylic washers when I'm back in town tomorrow since mine should be in, but it sounds like I'll want to stick with these silicone washers. I didn't do anything in regards to relevel the plastics since I didn't really notice any leveling issues.
On another note it looks like we've run up the price on the 40 pack on amazon as now they're $13 and out of stock for two weeks lol[quoted image]

Appreciate the detail on the response @delti90. That's basically what I was looking at doing to my game. I picked up the acrylic washers from Lowes before the "rush" on the Amazon 40-pack so I'm going to try those instead.

Quoted from estrader:

I used the rubber ones for the post in question and they seem fine.
Why would you have to relevel the post?

It's not re-leveling the post estrader - it would be re-leveling the plastic on top of the post due to using the thick acrylic washers (what Spooky sent) that have no compression to them. I'd see the issue as having a bit of an angle to part of the plastic (essentially permanent pressure..not enough to break anything, but certainly enough to provide a continuous bend) once the lock nuts are all reinstalled. To be fair, I still need to try installing them to see what I get - I'm making this post from initial observation on what I received.

Quoted from aobrien5:

You got a bonus washer. They have mylar in 6 locations. Either side of target bank and top/bottom of slings. Plastics were all fine with the rubber washers Spooky sent me.

Good deal - I wish I had received rubber instead of acrylic and I bet I'd be set. I'll likely need to find another solution. Thanks for the confirmation though!

#4259 5 years ago

Just a heads up, those washers are back in stock with prime for $6.66 (or less if you want to wait a month). https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01DKKR3XI/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc

#4260 5 years ago

I've looked multiple times now and haven't seen the issue discussed over 100 games on mine. should I go ahead and install? I'm #328

#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Just a heads up, those washers are back in stock with prime for $6.66 (or less if you want to wait a month). amazon.com link »

The ones that I purchased are similar - but were a 20 pack:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00843U5WS

I have the black neoprene from Spooky. The clear ones I ordered are identical width, but about 2x thicker (2mm). They both feel about the same "squishy"-ness.

FYI - the 40 pack ones are even thicker at 2.5mm.

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I've looked multiple times now and haven't seen the issue discussed over 100 games on mine. should I go ahead and install? I'm #328

I think that depends. Some folks on here believe the issue is from game play and the ball banging into the posts - which very well may be. It's my belief that my issue was caused solely by faulty mylar (or whatever they used) around the posts. In the process of it pealing up, it lifted the paint around 1 post. That is the only post I plan on putting a washer on and that is just to protect against it eroding any more even though the ball never appears to roll over it.

Look to see if you have any mylar left around the posts or if it's in the process of pealing or is completely gone. That may determine if you should put anything down in it.

#4263 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I think that depends. Some folks on here believe the issue is from game play and the ball banging into the posts - which very well may be. It's my belief that my issue was caused solely by faulty mylar (or whatever they used) around the posts. In the process of it pealing up, it lifted the paint around 1 post. That is the only post I plan on putting a washer on and that is just to protect against it eroding any more even though the ball never appears to roll over it.
Look to see if you have any mylar left around the posts or if it's in the process of pealing or is completely gone. That may determine if you should put anything down in it.

My game had no mylar and I had some paint loss around the star posts on the lower playfield. As always, YMMV.

#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My game had no mylar and I had some paint loss around the star posts on the lower playfield. As always, YMMV.

My game #87 has been on location most of its life and has no issues around the posts, no mylar or anything else. I do check that the posts are snug though as I can see if a post was a bit loose the ball hitting it would cause the post edge to chip away at the finish.

Having said that, if it will make you feel better there should be no harm in adding these (that we know of, anyway).

#4265 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Having said that, if it will make you feel better there should be no harm in adding these (that we know of, anyway).

Just make sure the post doesn't spin in any way when loosening them - if that's even possible.

#4266 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

My game didn't come with mylar.

#4267 5 years ago

Has anyone installed the NEOPRENE ones from SPOOKY yet? Thoughts on them if you have. I received the plastic ones today from them and would rather have the neoprene instead, seems life a safer choice.

#4268 5 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Has anyone installed the NEOPRENE ones from SPOOKY yet? Thoughts on them if you have. I received the plastic ones today from them and would rather have the neoprene instead, seems life a safer choice.

My pic above shows them installed. I'm slightly concerned about the rubber sticking over time, but I waxed the area first, so hope it'll be ok.

Pretty sure this issue was with a batch of playfileds starting at X and running through Y. They used the mylar because they saw the problem and were trying to remediate/prevent it. Now that it didn't work, they're using these washers.

Charlie has said they have solved the problem though. So fingers crossed for new playfields.

#4269 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

My pic above shows them installed. I'm slightly concerned about the rubber sticking over time, but I waxed the area first, so hope it'll be ok.
Pretty sure this issue was with a batch of playfileds starting at X and running through Y. They used the mylar because they saw the problem and were trying to remediate/prevent it. Now that it didn't work, they're using these washers.
Charlie has said they have solved the problem though. So fingers crossed for new playfields.

I was only sent 5 washers is that sufficient?

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

the issue is that Spooky had some problem with the play field - Charlie has stated that. It's not a mylar or play issue, its that the play-fields where not good enough. Spooky are stating to put these washers in so I encourage everyone to do that.

#4271 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was sent six, then a 2nd envelope with more showed up.

#4272 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

If I could go back in time and install before it happened I would.

#4273 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You can choose not to do one of the sling posts, I guess? While you wait for Spooky to send more.

Make sure 2 aren't stuck together?

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Make sure 2 aren't stuck together?

It must have been, there are 6 now!

#4275 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It must have been, there are 6 now!

Did you get them wet? Or feed them after midnight?

#4276 5 years ago

Had a first happen for me last night. At the start of multiball got a ball "locked" between the back inline drop and the scoop. It had not gone in the scoop, but must have been a slow roller timed just right with the reset. Actually took me a few seconds to figure out what happened to the third ball. since there are not opto's behind that last drop the game did not know it was there, so i was playing 3 ball multi-ball with only 2 balls and the other "held" for me, almost felt like cheating. I lost one of the other balls then got all three drops down which knocked the held ball into the scoop giving me another ball so i was back to 3 ball play. Was kind of weird and fun at the same time. I was wondering what would happen if I lost both the other 2 balls and just had that one there, I'm thinking eventually it would go into ball search and free it, but I didn't get to find out.

Anyone else have this happen?

#4277 5 years ago

in tourney you would have to report that situation.

#4278 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Speaking of tourney's
I've noticed with this game I get a few drained balls that will bounce right back into the playing area and are saved.
Like an auto bang back or death save.
What is the ruling on this in a comp?

#4279 5 years ago

I might be picking up a used one.

I have picked up that there have been some PF issues. Anything in particular I should pay attention to regarding the PF?
Anything I should be more attentive for in general when inspecting the game?
Hope you can give some good pointers.

Also how would this fit in with a Lineup of IM, WNBJM, JD, HS2? I'm letting my LOTR go and pick this one up instead.

#4280 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Speaking of tourney's
I've noticed with this game I get a few drained balls that will bounce right back into the playing area and are saved.
Like an auto bang back or death save.
What is the ruling on this in a comp?

AFAIK, as long as you're not causing it deliberately, it's just pinball - play on!

#4281 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

AFAIK, as long as you're not causing it deliberately, it's just pinball - play on!

Not true. Only if the game recognizes it as a dirty pool. Stuck ball in multiball means call a TD to unstick it.

#4282 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Not true. Only if the game recognizes it as a dirty pool. Stuck ball in multiball means call a TD to unstick it.

He was referring to Lazarus ball not stuck ball.

TNA has a good amount of bounce back ball saves if you’re quick with your flippers to catch it.

#4283 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

He was referring to Lazarus ball not stuck ball.
TNA has a good amount of bounce back ball saves if you’re quick with your flippers to catch it.

Yeah, if the random chance of that isn’t valid in tournament play, count me out. I love the concept that very rarely you can save a drain like that.

#4284 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My TNA has been kicked out of every single tournament it’s been in on location for one reason or another. Most of them relating to the way the tilt works in the game and one player can tilt through to the next no matter what you do.

#4285 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

My TNA has been kicked out of every single tournament it’s been in on location for one reason or another. Most of them relating to the way the tilt works in the game and one player can tilt through to the next no matter what you do.

That should be fixable with a code bug fix I’d assume. I haven’t tried but there is supposed to be a fix with putting a half of a earplug on the wire I think up near the top.

Have you adjusted the ring so it’s center to the tilt wire? That’s helped my machine a lot.

#4286 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Had a first happen for me last night. At the start of multiball got a ball "locked" between the back inline drop and the scoop. It had not gone in the scoop, but must have been a slow roller timed just right with the reset. Actually took me a few seconds to figure out what happened to the third ball. since there are not opto's behind that last drop the game did not know it was there, so i was playing 3 ball multi-ball with only 2 balls and the other "held" for me, almost felt like cheating. I lost one of the other balls then got all three drops down which knocked the held ball into the scoop giving me another ball so i was back to 3 ball play. Was kind of weird and fun at the same time. I was wondering what would happen if I lost both the other 2 balls and just had that one there, I'm thinking eventually it would go into ball search and free it, but I didn't get to find out.
Anyone else have this happen?

Ballsearch would have had to recover it. That is a cool situation though, you got a sneaky add-a-ball.

Quoted from xbmanx:

Sorry to hear that man. This is a physical issue and the tilt bob does not stop swinging on some games. Take a look at it next time. You need to center the ring properly depending on your playfield angle to minimize this. You can also install an earplug in the hole where the tilt wire hangs, that will help calm down the swinging.

--Scott

#4287 5 years ago

Could the tilt through be solved with a software fix. Essentially at the start of a new player do not register tilt warnings until the ball leaves the shooter lane?

#4288 5 years ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

Could the tilt through be solved with a software fix. Essentially at the start of a new player do not register tilt warnings until the ball leaves the shooter lane?

That won't solve the problem when the tilt bob is still swinging as the next player's ball is in play. Just use an ear plug; it's not that hard.

#4289 5 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar I do think there is something more specific to TNA on tilt behaviour.

#4290 5 years ago

Zero problems with my tilt bob, as it is still stapled to the cab.

#4291 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

That won't solve the problem when the tilt bob is still swinging as the next player's ball is in play. Just use an ear plug; it's not that hard.

Typically in tournaments players wait for the tilt to settle between players, especially if the player before is playing more aggressively.

#4292 5 years ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

Typically in tournaments players wait for the tilt to settle between players, especially if the player before is playing more aggressively.

And here's another reason to use the earplug. It reduces the waiting time between turns during competition. I don't add an earplug to every machine, but I absolutely have them installed where they're needed like TNA.

#4293 5 years ago

Any chance we can get a TNA rubber kit posted to Pinball Life? Mine has been on location exactly 11 months now and it is about ready to be shopped out.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Any chance we can get a TNA rubber kit posted to Pinball Life? Mine has been on location exactly 11 months now and it is about ready to be shopped out.

You have the audits like total plays and average ball time?

#4295 5 years ago

I've had issues with strange tilt behaviours on my TNA. Had the tilt bob installed upside down for awhile and that actually helped I think. Been meaning to add the ear plug but haven't yet.

I almost wonder if there's something about the P3 boards that make reacting to tilt switches more difficult? I noticed that the Houdini at our location often exhibits similar strange "ghost" tilts long after a tilt warning occurs.

#4296 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You have the audits like total plays and average ball time?

I can check out next time I'm there. I believe its something like 1300-1500 plays and the ball times are incredibly short the last time I had checked it. I have my inlanes as closed as they can go and ball save times maxed out, but my location isn't frequented by a ton of pinheads who know how to play the game so to most it is just a cool light show with one good song, most of my players don't destroy any reactors.

#4297 5 years ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

No, operators would not like this as a player could abuse the machine with the ball in the shooter lane. There is a setting in the service menu called "Tilt Switch Sensitivity ms". This is the amount of ms the tilt bob has to be in contact with the ring to register a switch hit. You can try and increase this by 1 or 2 and see if that makes a difference. If you go too high, this can cause the tilt switch not to register, so just keep that in mind.
--Scott

#4298 5 years ago

I'm very happy with the earplug and setting the software settings more strict. My exact settings are listed earlier in this thread.

With the default settings, I could bounce the tilt bob off the ring by hand and not get warnings.

#4299 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

No, operators would not like this as a player could abuse the machine with the ball in the shooter lane.

Scott, are you implying that they could somehow affect the score of their game by abusing the game while the ball is still in the shooter lane? Otherwise, I'm not sure how this would affect anything the operator would care about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if someone wants to shake a machine for no reason, they could shake it whether the ball is in the shooter lane or not... even without a game coined up. So, I guess I'm not sure why ignoring the tilts when the ball is in the shooter lane (waiting to be launched) is a bad idea. Especially since TNA has an auto launch so that once the first launch is attempted, it's game on. Ok, I suppose if there's a loose or very sensitive switch that is somehow giving points, then shaking the hell out of it while the ball is still there would potentially give someone a free game... but it would seem like a long tiring adventure not worth going on.

#4300 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Zero problems with my tilt bob, as it is still stapled to the cab.

This is what I did too. No issues for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 210.00
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.