(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,942 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by d0n
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled (resized).png
IMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
received_743793086423851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpg
9B7D6E7D-25D9-4286-9AF6-732DCB266927 (resized).jpeg
20200615_132044 (resized).jpg
20200615_125902 (resized).jpg
7BA84E42-A8A8-45C4-B3D7-AA279D0701D3 (resized).jpeg
E08E3D9E-E2AF-4F00-B650-E96D265BA712 (resized).jpeg
AC31C551-91F1-4C87-A5F2-A8850C5499D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4006 (resized).jpg
20200531_203152 (resized).jpg
20200531_203151 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6942 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 139.
#4201 1 year ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Today after Turing on TNA the game is not booting. Lamps turn on and stay solid. No score display power and no signal to the LCD. Any ideas? HELP!!

This is likely the PC not booting. There is a button on it that you can press to make it boot when it doesn't automatically.

#4202 1 year ago

troutfarm

Power up then hit this, from the side.

8D154BE9-C9D9-4543-A04C-683BF7593FCA (resized).jpeg

#4203 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I ordered a set of these. I like them, but man they are sticky, which worries me a bit. I will probably stay with the nylon washers.

I didn't find them to be sticky other than them being stuck together. Either way I don't think they were stickier than the mylar that was pulled off . I'm out of town for a week but I'll pull one off when I get back in town and see if it sticks to the playfield at all. Spooky is sending me the acrylic washers but I think I'd rather stick with something softer.

#4204 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Spooky is sending me the acrylic washers but I think I'd rather stick with something softer.

I got mine yesterday from Spooky and they were a mess. Miss cuts, scratched, spidered - not something I would want to use on the play field. I think I will stick to Lowes. I only really need 1.

#4205 1 year ago

The rubber washers previously mentioned from Menards work great and all the posts can be done for a few bucks. The Pewaukee WI location is now out of stock I went with the black to match the pin-striping throughout the game. They do squish out a 1mm or so and are not as dark a black but if it will prevent further chipping that's ok. I would recommend doing this even if you don't have paint chips. TNA is so easy to pull the plastics and posts that it is a simple upgrade the next time you wax.

#4206 1 year ago

Saw this on facebook today. Looks like its something common across another manufacturer

FB_IMG_1544734878863 (resized).jpg
#4207 1 year ago

About to email Spooky support. Figured I would reach out here to see if it might be a quick fix. Turned on machine tonight to play my nightly pinball and no sound. Amp light not on. Switch on amp is on, I checked all connections on amp and power brick for amp. Did a few restarts and even hit the white button in the back box. Stereo plug is plugged in on back of monitor board. Does the amp only turn on when it senses sound or when switch is turned on amp light should be on? Im thinking amp?? Bummer for sure!

C00yo0NFQh64iCYVWvEQBA (resized).jpg
#4208 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

About to email Spooky support. Figured I would reach out here to see if it might be a quick fix. Turned on machine tonight to play my nightly pinball and no sound. Amp light not on. Switch on amp is on, I checked all connections on amp and power brick for amp. Did a few restarts and even hit the white button in the back box. Stereo plug is plugged in on back of monitor board. Does the amp only turn on when it senses sound or when switch is turned on amp light should be on? Im thinking amp?? Bummer for sure!
[quoted image]

Well damn, I think Spooky service responded to my email in about 30 seconds. Trouble shooting now. WOW, I wish all companies were like this!! Thumbs up Spooky!

#4209 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Saw this on facebook today. Looks like its something common across another manufacturer
[quoted image]

What game is that?

#4210 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What game is that?

Iron Maiden

#4212 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I didn't find them to be sticky other than them being stuck together. Either way I don't think they were stickier than the mylar that was pulled off . I'm out of town for a week but I'll pull one off when I get back in town and see if it sticks to the playfield at all. Spooky is sending me the acrylic washers but I think I'd rather stick with something softer.

I honestly can't imagine anything better then these previously mentioned from Amazon. Mine weren't sticky in the slightest and they fit perfectly under the posts.

amazon.com link »

#4213 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I honestly can't imagine anything better then these previously mentioned from Amazon. Mine weren't sticky in the slightest and they fit perfectly under the posts.
amazon.com link »

I’m going to get these. Think clear looks better, plus I’ll be looking at my other pins to see if they can be of use.

I’m surprised manufacturers have not done something like make the Star post out of softer rubber at least at the bottom edge.

#4214 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

amazon.com link »

Same. The only stickiness I felt was them being stuck together. I'm not concerned in the least. I'll still check mine once I'm back in town to put any other fears to rest.

#4215 1 year ago

Does anyone know where you can buy a replacement inner side decal? I damaged mine from what I thinking lifting up the playfield or taking the glass in/out

#4217 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Spooky has them.

That answer was so obvious, I was left speechless.

#4218 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That answer was so obvious, I was left speechless.

Holy shit! Quick, someone record this moment in history. Bryan "dont you know I'm retired" Kelly has nothing to say...

Hehe.

#4219 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Holy shit! Quick, someone record this moment in history. Bryan "dont you know I'm retired" Kelly has nothing to say...
Hehe.

I heard that, asshole!

#4220 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Same. The only stickiness I felt was them being stuck together. I'm not concerned in the least. I'll still check mine once I'm back in town to put any other fears to rest.

Yep, I was perhaps being a little hysterical

#4221 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yep, I was perhaps being a little hysterical

Probably static cling like those colorform toys

#4222 1 year ago

Now with Spooky approved repair kit. Still really not happy this is what we have to resort to after 80 games played.

20181214_135235 (resized).jpg
#4223 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Now with Spooky approved repair kit. Still really not happy this is what we have to resort to after 80 games played.[quoted image]

That looks fine, but I agree I'd be a little concerned about the overall longevity of the PF finish due to this issue.

I had a MET Pro from back in the GB fiasco days that chipped like crazy in the first 100 games. Ended up selling it and buying a buddy's older one that had a PF like a tank.

You just never know what you're going to get NIB honestly, doesn't seem to matter from whom either. The best you can hope for is a manufacturer/distributor that will back their products sufficiently if there is a problem.

So far Spooky seems to be on top of it.

#4224 1 year ago

Looks ok to me.

#4225 1 year ago

One more question. Is a loud buzzing noise normal for the top lane gates when energized? Upon plunging, you can hear a very large buzzing from either the left or right gate (i think left?). If not, what could it be

#4226 1 year ago

Do you know how hard it is to find even a good retail sales person. That works in climate control and just has to talk to people and ring stuff up. Low unemployment and a, I need it now mentality is screwed up on even customer service. Let, alone a skilled worker that could come. Close to fawzma.
He is not replaceable and it would take, time. To get anyone up to his speed. We will get a update.... Just give the small pinball company some time.
Magicchiz

#4227 1 year ago

Are the rubber or nylon washers better?

Thanks in advance for the help I don’t want to screw up my game even more because of this post issue.

#4228 1 year ago

Anyone else having repeated drop target issues? Thought I had everything dialed in but after about 20-25 games both drop targets 2 and 3 got so far out of adjustment that the game was unplayable. On both the finger that drops the targets was getting caught on the center slot in the drop target and binding up so that the target wouldn’t drop.

Any kind of long term fix? I’ve never seen this issue on the location game near me, it seems to be built like a tank.

#4229 1 year ago

I don't know if Scott follows the thread here nowadays but if so, one thing I'd like to see is a small adjustment in the font size of the High Score name entry screen. At least on my machine, the letters being entered are half off-screen at the top, making it difficult to confirm what is being entered. It's not a monitor issue, I don't think, as the other graphics all look perfect and well centered, etc. It's just that one screen.

On an unrelated note, anyone else have problems with a lot of airballs? I get that it's a fast game and stuff will happen, but I'm getting a fair number of balls hopping over the left slingshot into the outlane when kicked off the right sling. Everything seems tight and well-aligned so I'm not sure what's doing it unless it's just gathering so much ball spin it's climbing the left slingshot rubber and plastic.

On a further unrelated note, just put flashinstinct's TNA stickers on today and they look awesome. Highly recommended.

#4230 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

Are the rubber or nylon washers better?
Thanks in advance for the help I don’t want to screw up my game even more because of this post issue.

In my opinion, I believe the rubber ones to be better. Here are my thoughts.... Seems like the playfield is getting damage from the ball hitting the posts and the posts moving a bit.... I think the nylon washers would move also and their edges feel kind of rough... which might dig into the playfield. Whereas the rubber feels like it will grip the playfield and won’t move when the ball hits the posts.... I Hope it works out this way as I decided to go with the rubber washers

#4231 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

My buttons seem sticky, i.e., they jump 2 for every 1 time I push them.

Yes, you have to replace them with:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-service-button.html

According to Chris at spooky.

#4232 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwin:

make sure you do not overheat the legs when soldering the wires on. they are delicate and applying too much heat will damage them.

#4233 1 year ago

Does anyone get a lot of air balls with their game? Mine seems to get air balls every couple of games. My friend who is house sitting for me tried out TNA and just had one that threw the ball into the launch ramp but it landed on the wood separating them and dented it. It's not really a big deal, but I feel like stuff like that probably shouldn't be happening.

Edit: Actually it looks like it's a dent on the mirror. It may have already been there. Either way the airballs seems excessive in my setup.

#4234 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone get a lot of air balls with their game? Mine seems to get air balls every couple of games. My friend who is house sitting for me tried out TNA and just had one that threw the ball into the launch ramp but it landed on the wood separating them and dented it. It's not really a big deal, but I feel like stuff like that probably shouldn't be happening.
Edit: Actually it looks like it's a dent on the mirror. It may have already been there. Either way the airballs seems excessive in my setup.

I get airballs occasionally. It's likely due to coil power and how close everything is to the flippers. You can always lower coil power down if it's too excessive for you.

#4235 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I get airballs occasionally. It's likely due to coil power and how close everything is to the flippers. You can always lower coil power down if it's too excessive for you.

That's probably what I'll do. I have it set to 6.5 degrees, so I don't think it's too sloped or anything. I'm not too worried about the mirror since I can always replace it and I should expect stuff like this to happen anyway.

#4236 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Here’s some pics for swapping the psu fan. You need to remove the psu from the machine. Open it’s case. Remove the screws from the PCB to free the fan. Cut the fan wire from the old fan. Solder it on the new fan.
About an hour of work. $10 in parts.
The mod cut the noise down by 80%. Now it’s great and not annoying at all.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for this. Installed my fan last night. The 747 has left my basement, so much quieter. FYI I noticed you changed the direction of your air flow from stock. Stock fan was blowing through the power supply. I stayed with this as it blows air across the heat fins.

#4237 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just need lighted flipper buttons.

Installed lighted flipper buttons last night in Purple. Looks amazing! Thanks for the push to do this. Also thanks Scott for helping me on the phone with parts needed. So cool to talk to the man who built this amazing pin.

#4238 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwin:

Mine aren't so bad that I need to replace them.

#4239 1 year ago

Too cool of a sticker to go to waste!

75886AF5-AD8C-41FA-BD05-F774A9D9D558 (resized).jpeg
#4240 1 year ago

Anyone have any creative ideas for a headphone jack for this game? The stock speakers are amazing but there are times where I need to go a little less noisy in the house.

#4241 1 year ago
Quoted from getadam:

Anyone have any creative ideas for a headphone jack for this game? The stock speakers are amazing but there are times where I need to go a little less noisy in the house.

it is a standard 3.5mm jack that goes into the back of the amp. you could install a splitter before it enters the amp, then run a male to female extension to the outside of the game somewhere (through the coin return possibly). when you want to use your headphones, plug them into the female extension and then reach in and turn the amp power switch off.

I have not actually tested this, but it should work.

#4242 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Too cool of a sticker to go to waste!

Was the sticker easy to separate from the cardboard? I cut mine out with the card attached but haven't decided what to do with them yet.

#4243 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Was the sticker easy to separate from the cardboard? I cut mine out with the card attached but haven't decided what to do with them yet.

Yea mine pealed off no problem, just a little bit of cardboard paper pulled. It was cold outside, might have helped.

#4244 1 year ago

Can a headphone jack be fitted on this game?

#4245 1 year ago

Thanks to Spooky (KT) for sending me some firm rubber circles. I still probably would go for the clear so they don't stand out as much.

0088374F-0281-43D0-A111-27F9FD0E1C99 (resized).jpeg

#4246 1 year ago

Actually the ghost hinge kits we are currently out of at hookedonpinball.com
But we are restocking in Jan.

#4247 1 year ago

Question, does the game come with the heavy duty leg bolt plates stock from the factory? Thanks.

#4248 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question, does the game come with the heavy duty leg bolt plates stock from the factory? Thanks.

You mean these? (that's in my tna btw)

IMG_20181216_110835384 (resized).jpg
#4249 1 year ago

Anybody got a picture showing where/how the lighted side rail wiring enters the cabinet? I was reviewing the installation notes today and that’s the one thing that wasn’t quite clear.

Also, how do you get at the LED in the start button? Is it necessary to pop the microswitch off the back? Now that I’ve got the purple flipper buttons in, that white bulbs gotta go!

Thanks!

#4250 1 year ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Anybody got a picture showing where/how the lighted side rail wiring enters the cabinet? I was reviewing the installation notes today and that’s the one thing that wasn’t quite clear.
Also, how do you get at the LED in the start button? Is it necessary to pop the microswitch off the back? Now that I’ve got the purple flipper buttons in, that white bulbs gotta go!
Thanks!

The start button I turned counter clockwise to get off and then pulled the light bulb straight out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 265.00
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eugene, OR
There are 6942 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside