(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 239.
#4151 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Which ones do you recommend?

Got mine from pinball life

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got mine from pinball life

Dumb question which ones will work on TNA?

#4153 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Dumb question which ones will work on TNA?

I forget. If you email them, they will let you know. Also needed an extra board. Turns out to be kinda pricey(~$70) , but they look awesome.

#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I forget. If you email them, they will let you know. Also needed an extra board. Turns out to be kinda pricey(~$70) , but they look awesome.

Thanks, e-mail sent.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I'm less than 24 hours in with a couple dozen plays and my mylar rings are already almost totally peeled off :\. Could have sworn it was said this was fixed?

My mylar rings are almost peeled off as well 20-30 games. Email sent to Spooky for washers.

#4156 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

452 Set up and Dialed In!
Mods done... Upgraded monitor, TNA and Ghost LED backlighting, ceramic ball, sticker kit, purple led on start button, led upgrade to beacon, LED OCD speaker rings.
This is what happens when you have to wait 6 months and read this post every day. I wonder if I will stop looking every day now, doubt it. .......
Had Spooky add shaker, side mirrors, knocker and coin box.
Also waxed playfield, had to turn on amp, turn up gain on sub, adjust lock bar. Love the sticker on the back box idea, had to do it!
Loving Life!! Thanks Spooky!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder when they changed the slingshot artwork on the playfield. Anyone else notice this?

#4157 5 years ago

FYI about the rubber black washers. I just stopped at a Menards and decided to see if they carried them. They do. 49 cents for 2.

#4158 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

In case anyone was wondering, I installed these today and they fit the base of the star posts quite well. When you tighten it down, it squishes just enough to cover up any paint loss. I didnt take any pictures but I would recommend these under all of the star posts that see contact with the ball.

Just installed mine, they seem perfect. They're slightly larger than the base and you can hardly see em. I also 3d printed the improved LED speaker brackets and wow what a difference! The stock bracket is 3d printed so I don't understand why they don't just use the better one.
15443857397864087088608340463644 (resized).jpg15443857397864087088608340463644 (resized).jpg

#4159 5 years ago

Ok..these siderails are dope. All done with the mods for now!

20181209_170328 (resized).jpg20181209_170328 (resized).jpg
#4160 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I wonder when they changed the slingshot artwork on the playfield. Anyone else notice this?

Are you talking about that wood colored border? Mine doesn’t seem to have such a pronounced wood area either. That is interesting.

#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Are you talking about that wood colored border? Mine doesn’t seem to have such a pronounced wood area either. That is interesting.

Yep that’s what I’m talking about. My slingshot posts are on top of colored playfield whereas in some of these pictures they are over cleared wood.

#4162 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

[quoted image]

Marge approves!

#4163 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

[quoted image]

you now have toe buy the ghost light kit for the hinge, on sale for $10.00 off at pinball life

#4164 5 years ago

Fancy flippers buttons are shweet.

Resized_20181124_143340 (resized).jpegResized_20181124_143340 (resized).jpeg
#4165 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

you now have toe buy the ghost light kit for the hinge, on sale for $10.00 off at pinball life

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/83#post-4725638

what he said....

ghost (resized).PNGghost (resized).PNG
#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I didn’t find these when I searched PBL.

Quoted from gliebig:

Fancy flippers buttons are shweet.[quoted image]

Pink or purple? Where did you buy them from?

Did anyone splurge for the rather expensive power accessory board from PBL or is everyone just using lots of splitters?

#4167 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I didn’t find these when I searched PBL.

Pink or purple? Where did you buy them from?
Did anyone splurge for the rather expensive power accessory board from PBL or is everyone just using lots of splitters?

They are pinkish/purple. Match great. And yes, I also got the board from PBL. Didn't know if it was necessary or not.

#4168 5 years ago

That's up next but I've spent enough on this thing at the moment, the hinge kit is next for sure. Seems like PBL either doesn't sell it or is out of stock now as I can only find it on Hooked on Pinball.

#4169 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They are pinkish/purple. Match great. And yes, I also got the board from PBL. Didn't know if it was necessary or not.

Unfortunately, the Accessory Power Supply is recommended as it reduces the risk of overloading the 12v power supply in TNA and causing CPU resets when a bunch of mods are plugged in. The good news is this power supply give plenty of headroom to install all sorts of other things.

I just did a little write-up of what is needed to install these light-up buttons on TNA.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1710

--Scott

#4170 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

That's up next but I've spent enough on this thing at the moment, the hinge kit is next for sure. Seems like PBL either doesn't sell it or is out of stock now as I can only find it on Hooked on Pinball.

Hooked is the only place I know of that sells the lit side rails and hinges.
--Scott

#4171 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hooked is the only place I know of that sells the lit side rails and hinges.
--Scott

...and are out of stock in the hinge lights.

#4172 5 years ago

451 finally shuffled its way into Vermont! Made the trip in good shape and seems to be working pretty well. It has thrown a couple drop target errors which will need investigating but the lock system seems to be working, so not sure what that's about yet.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the playfield mounting system. While lifting it to make sure everything looked OK underneath, I slid it out too far quite easily and dropped it into the cabinet at the back. Doesn't seem to have harmed anything but I don't like the lack of positive retention. That little hook at the end of the slide rail is near useless.

IMG_2674 (resized).JPGIMG_2674 (resized).JPG

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

451 finally shuffled its way into Vermont! Made the trip in good shape and seems to be working pretty well. It has thrown a couple drop target errors which will need investigating but the lock system seems to be working, so not sure what that's about yet.
One thing I'm not a fan of is the playfield mounting system. While lifting it to make sure everything looked OK underneath, I slid it out too far quite easily and dropped it into the cabinet at the back. Doesn't seem to have harmed anything but I don't like the lack of positive retention. That little hook at the end of the slide rail is near useless.
[quoted image]

I did the same thing once. They need to add a better stop at the end of the rail, ala Homepin's setup for this (See the large wooden "hook" at the end of the rail inside the cabinet).

12c2ce56dc7370c07b62f9e9f073ddec2348b548 (resized).jpg12c2ce56dc7370c07b62f9e9f073ddec2348b548 (resized).jpg
#4174 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I did the same thing once. They need to add a better stop at the end of the rail, ala Homepin's setup for this.

I've done the same thing on a Stern.

#4175 5 years ago

The one and only time I dropped a playfield into a cabinet was with a Baywatch. I think it was the first game I owned with that style of rails. I think I must have expected it to lock like my STTNG and just kept pulling.

Now I'm just used to it (and more careful).

#4176 5 years ago

Don’t know if anyone has seen this happen. I turned off ball save at scoop eject but it still will give a ball save occasionally.

#4177 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t know if anyone has seen this happen. I turned off ball save at scoop eject but it still will give a ball save occasionally.

Why would you shut it off?

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Why would you shut it off?

Why not? It’s an option in the menu, IM for example does not have ball save on eject from War Machine.

#4179 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Fancy flippers buttons are shweet.[quoted image]

Ordered mine today. Scott posted on his site the power board and buttons you can use.

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

[quoted image]

Dropped mine as well yesterday. Felt like the biggest idiot. I broke the tab of the rear right gate coil. Guarantee I will not do it again.

#4181 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I had an issue with drop target 3 tonight. Turned out to be a problem with the switch being dirty internally. I took it off and just blew inside the actual actuator, it then started working.

#4182 5 years ago

Yeah, tomorrow is maintenance night at our co-op so I’ll be opening her up again to double check there was no damage from the pf drop and take a look at the drops. Ordered the post washers today too, as those Mylar disks are gone after a dozen games. They may as well not bother with those - they don’t last at all.

I’m definitely going to have to come up with something to retain that playfield or it will happen again. Just a matter of time...

#4183 5 years ago

Hey there!

Does anybody’s tna have Mylar where the ball drops off the shooter lane? I am experiencing major pitting in that area. Wondering if I am missing a piece?

#4184 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Yeah, tomorrow is maintenance night at our co-op so I’ll be opening her up again to double check there was no damage from the pf drop and take a look at the drops. Ordered the post washers today too, as those Mylar disks are gone after a dozen games. They may as well not bother with those - they don’t last at all.
I’m definitely going to have to come up with something to retain that playfield or it will happen again. Just a matter of time...

I replaced 2 switches today and played a few games. No more drop target errors so that is good.

I still think spring #3 on drop target 1 in my picture is getting stuck in a compressed mode every 20 games or so.

What is the best fix for that? I have to take a closer look to make sure the it's the spring and not something getting caught to keep it in that compressed position.

IMG_4066 (resized).jpgIMG_4066 (resized).jpg
#4185 5 years ago

Anyone have info about the washers from spooky? Before Christmas I’m hoping.

#4186 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone have info about the washers from spooky? Before Christmas I’m hoping.

Mine were supposed to come yesterday but it appears the USPS is late. I am anxious to see what they gave me to 'fix' the issue.

#4187 5 years ago

KT said they would ship them right out, so shouldn't take long. I think they're making them in house, so shouldn't be a big deal.

#4188 5 years ago

Kt, Charlie and bug are traveling.
I'm sure other minions are holding down the fort.

#4189 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Kt, Charlie and bug are traveling.
I'm sure other minions are holding down the fort.

Squirrel is there and she is more than capable of handling it. If there is something you need, let me know and i will see that it gets to her.

otherwise, here email is

[email protected]

#4190 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

In case anyone was wondering, I installed these today and they fit the base of the star posts quite well. When you tighten it down, it squishes just enough to cover up any paint loss. I didnt take any pictures but I would recommend these under all of the star posts that see contact with the ball.

I ordered a set of these. I like them, but man they are sticky, which worries me a bit. I will probably stay with the nylon washers.

#4191 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I ordered a set of these. I like them, but man they are sticky, which worries me a bit. I will probably stay with the nylon washers.

I didnt think they were sticky at all. They are silicone, so if anything, they should be nonstick?

#4192 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I didnt think they were sticky at all. They are silicone, so if anything, they should be nonstick?

I am probably being paranoid, but they are sticky to the touch. Maybe I'll just wipe them down or something.

15445865440609004196768800854084 (resized).jpg15445865440609004196768800854084 (resized).jpg
#4193 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I am probably being paranoid, but they are sticky to the touch. Maybe I'll just wipe them down or something.
[quoted image]

Clammy hands?

I think they should be ok. I'll check tomorrow to see if they're sticking to the pf at all.

#4194 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Clammy hands?
I think they should be ok. I'll check tomorrow to see if they're sticking to the pf at all.

Haha, yeah, but even in the package they were all sticking to each other. I am sure they are fine. Probably just traumatized after having the playfield paint stick to the star posts.

#4195 5 years ago

Looking like some iffy switches here too perhaps. Several times last night we ended up with balls stacked onto the lower drop target after loading the locks then hitting the first one. Either that or the first one isn't reliably falling. It does work fine most of the time though. Going to run it through some drop target tests tonight and see what that reports.

I'm also losing the top line of display elements in the P3 score display. Happened two nights ago, so last night I reseated the connector and it was fine for a couple hours, then happened again. Tonight I'm not going to touch the connector and see if it's still out. If not, might be a heat-related issue. If it's still broken but works after a reseat, guess I'll need some new cabling.

Other than that, she's been playing fine. Sounds damn good at 11

#4196 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Sounds damn good at 11

Was that according to your neighbors? I think mine is set at 4, which is still decently loud.
images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I'm also losing the top line of display elements in the P3 score display.

This was happening with mine when I first got it. The problem ended up being that some solder had bridged a couple of the chip legs. Once I removed the extra solder the display worked fine. Take a close look at your solder connections for messy or missing solder.

E3B22C28-F501-4C4B-8344-1B4FA12ADE9D.jpegE3B22C28-F501-4C4B-8344-1B4FA12ADE9D.jpeg
#4198 5 years ago

Do everyone's operator test "forward" and "back" (the two in the middle) barely ever work? Mine almost never do anything and I often have to use the flippers in the menu. Can't do this for volume though. Not sure if I have bad button or what. They are wired properly and nothing seems loose.

#4199 5 years ago

Today after Turing on TNA the game is not booting. Lamps turn on and stay solid. No score display power and no signal to the LCD. Any ideas? HELP!!

#4200 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Do everyone's operator test "forward" and "back" (the two in the middle) barely ever work? Mine almost never do anything and I often have to use the flippers in the menu. Can't do this for volume though. Not sure if I have bad button or what. They are wired properly and nothing seems loose.

My buttons seem sticky, i.e., they jump 2 for every 1 time I push them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/84?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.