(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 239.
#4101 5 years ago
Quoted from Meorrow:

When the ball goes down an inlane, the opposite orbit will light up. It doesn't stay lit for long - you *almost* have to send the ball through the orbit as it's leaving the inlane to get it in time, though I've managed to brick the shot and still get it up there with a second try occasionally.

Ok, is that only after qualifying the reactor with the keypad (9x9 grid in front of the standups)? Seems to be.

#4102 5 years ago
Quoted from Meorrow:

When the ball goes down an inlane, the opposite orbit will light up. It doesn't stay lit for long - you *almost* have to send the ball through the orbit as it's leaving the inlane to get it in time, though I've managed to brick the shot and still get it up there with a second try occasionally.

From reactor 4 onwards you can only enter the reactor from one side.
The orbit light will tell you which side you can enter.
The sides alternate with switch hits to the bottom in lanes.
Is this what you are talking about?

#4103 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

From reactor 4 onwards you can only enter the reactor from one side.
The orbit light will tell you which side you can enter.
The sides alternate with switch hits to the bottom in lanes.
Is this what you are talking about?

No, I'm talking about before you hit the scoop to start the reactor (i.e. before the reactor music starts). I know what you're talking about with reactor four and later.

This is earlier than that. I will briefly see one side light up pink and then disappear (then neither side is lit).

#4104 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am willing to bet those tests have the ball going in that scoop at the same angle and speed while during normal play the ball is hitting that scoop at all different angles and speeds.

Nope, they had a rig that was continuously launch the ball and it would come from all possible angles into the scoop.

My playfield on game number two still looks great after more than a year on route. Sounds like there was some sort of issue during the 300s? Which has since been fixed? Bummed for anyone that is having this happen and curious what was the issue, how fixed.

From my experience spooky pfs are the best I have seen. Seems like these handful of pfs are a blip?

#4105 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope, they had a rig that was continuously launch the ball and it would come from all possible angles into the scoop.
My playfield on game number two still looks great after more than a year on route. Sounds like there was some sort of issue during the 300s? Which has since been fixed? Bummed for anyone that is having this happen and curious what was the issue, how fixed.
From my experience spooky pfs are the best I have seen. Seems like these handful of pfs are a blip?

Interesting. That is cool how they test that.

I am game #354 (I think. Have to look back). I am not experiencing any chipping on my scoop but am def experiencing the playfield paint and what not being peeled under the posts. I bought the nylon washers to fix that. All will be good. Its pinball. They are meant to get beaten up. I love my TNA and will not get rid of it so not concerned on trying to sell. I just don't want it to get worse under the posts.

#4106 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Ok, is that only after qualifying the reactor with the keypad (9x9 grid in front of the standups)? Seems to be.

Nope, you can definitely do it before the reactor is qualified. When I'm playing I basically have it in my head that any time the ball goes down an inlane, I should be aiming for the outlanes as it comes to the flipper to build reactor value. It'll also work while the reactor is qualified to get you up in there to (hopefully) fall in the scoop so you don't have to watch your shots bounce out of the scoop over and over

#4107 5 years ago
Quoted from Meorrow:

Nope, you can definitely do it before the reactor is qualified. When I'm playing I basically have it in my head that any time the ball goes down an inlane, I should be aiming for the outlanes as it comes to the flipper to build reactor value. It'll also work while the reactor is qualified to get you up in there to (hopefully) fall in the scoop so you don't have to watch your shots bounce out of the scoop over and over

Awesome, I'll have to watch for that, especially given the struggles I have with hitting that scoop! I have some drop dead foam coming from Pinbits which may help.

#4108 5 years ago

I wasn't around when Lionman was a thing and banned from all threads except the Lionman thread (and this one I think). My xmas wish is that they will do the same with the word "dimples" some day.

#4109 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems like these handful of pfs are a blip?

I wouldn't call 150+ a handful (assuming every one in the range of numbers mentioned here has the same problem). Its great that they figured it out and fixed it, but that doesnt help us. What are they going to do for us?

I tried the nylon washers today, but I couldn't find fender washers and the ones I have are too small, so you can't keep them in place when tightening the post. I'll be leaving my game taken apart until I can find a better solution.

20181206_094238 (resized).jpg20181206_094238 (resized).jpg
#4110 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

It should be on a label on the right side (inside) of the cabinet.

I see that label that has the serial number, but no game number - unless it's the last 3 of the S/N.

#4111 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I see that label that has the serial number, but no game number - unless it's the last 3 of the S/N.

Yep, I am #412, and the last 3 of my S/N are 412.

#4112 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm seeing a bit of paint loss under the top star post on the right sling on mine too #163. Just like the other poster, I'm not getting rid of mine anytime soon and have also ordered some washers linked above. Not worried about it at all.

#4113 5 years ago

I assume its digital print and if the post bottom is sharp or too tight might cause chipping

#4114 5 years ago

Just got a TNA yesterday and only had time to set it up and switch it on for 2 minutes. I saw that the reactor slings are not firing, even in coil test. Had no time to even look in the back box, but can anyone point me in the right direction to look? Fuse, connector, etc? Thanks!

#4115 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Just got a TNA yesterday and only had time to set it up and switch it on for 2 minutes. I saw that the reactor slings are not firing, even in coil test. Had no time to even look in the back box, but can anyone point me in the right direction to look? Fuse, connector, etc? Thanks!

I would go through and reseat the connectors and then check the switches.

#4116 5 years ago

On the road right now so keeping this short. if you are having issues with the star posts email [email protected] or [email protected]. We have cut to fit acrylic washers we can send and will try to help with any problems.

#4117 5 years ago

And I just custom cut Neoprene as an option too... we hate to see this, know what batch it was, and it's already fixed. We have been fighting this to find the reason for weeks. I hate it ever happened, but at least we know why. Sad part is, it was us being over cautious that caused it.

As KT said... reach out and we can help.

#4118 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

On the road right now so keeping this short. if you are having issues with the star posts email [email protected] or [email protected]. We have cut to fit acrylic washers we can send and will try to help with any problems.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

And I just custom cut Neoprene as an option too... we hate to see this, know what batch it was, and it's already fixed. We have been fighting this to find the reason for weeks. I hate it ever happened, but at least we know why. Sad part is, it was us being over cautious that caused it.

class act! you guys are awesome!!

#4119 5 years ago

can you identify what game numbers and what was the root cause so we know?

Could help if anyon has a game possible impacted to know they will want the washers in advance of things happening?

#4120 5 years ago

It's here!!!!!!!

TNABoiz (resized).pngTNABoiz (resized).png
#4121 5 years ago

Scoop on number two. 15 months on route.

7354D453-B0FD-4F37-AF96-38097A36D53E (resized).jpeg7354D453-B0FD-4F37-AF96-38097A36D53E (resized).jpeg
#4122 5 years ago

First off love the game. With that said I probably have under two hundred plays so far and I was number 279 butter so I don’t know how quickly the wear would show. Why not release the game numbers of the batch that was effected?

#4123 5 years ago

It’s refreshing that the owners of the company step in to say we are aware and trying to make it right.

#4124 5 years ago

Appreciate the official remedy and update Charlie. Shit happens, no big deal

Reaching out to KT now, thanks!

#4125 5 years ago

I received my nylon washers in the mail yesterday. Ordered from Lowes. Below is the link that AndHart120 posted on post 4051

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Count-5-16-in-x-3-4-in-Neoprene-Standard-SAE-Fender-Washers/3012346

I installed one under the star post to the right of the scoop. Just letting everyone know that I am extremely happy of the outcome. It looks good and is covering up the damaged area. It also looks like it will be preventing further damage. They were cheap and come 2 to a bag. Thanks again AndHart120 for sending us this link and trying out first!

#4126 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I received my nylon washers in the mail yesterday. Ordered from Lowes. Below is the link that AndHart120 posted on post 4051
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Count-5-16-in-x-3-4-in-Neoprene-Standard-SAE-Fender-Washers/3012346
I installed one under the star post to the right of the scoop. Just letting everyone know that I am extremely happy of the outcome. It looks good and is covering up the damaged area. It also looks like it will be preventing further damage. They were cheap and come 2 to a bag. Thanks again AndHart120 for sending us this link and trying out first!

No problem! Funny thing is I wanted to post that not only to help anyone else but to first make sure I wasn’t doing something that wasn’t a good idea! It made sense in my head that having a soft rubber like washer sitting/rubbing on the playfield would be better than hard plastic but I just wanted to make sure!

#4127 5 years ago

I own #299, right around 400 games played with no wear/paint loss. About 100 games in, I tightened some star post scews as some had gotten loose.
I could not be happier with this purchase. Still get a boner each time I walk up to play it.

#4128 5 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I own #299, right around 400 games played with no wear/paint loss. About 100 games in, I tightened some star post scews as some had gotten loose.
I could not be happier with this purchase. Still get a boner each time I walk up to play it.

What date was yours made?

#4129 5 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

"Still get a boner each time I walk up to play it"

This is hands down the best thing I have read on Pinside. Thank you

#4130 5 years ago

Thanks for making it right, solid response in acknowledging the issue. It would be helpful to note what game number range is affected.
I'm game #378 (Born on 10-21-18) and have had zero issues with my playfield so far, but I have installed the washers to be preventative.

#4131 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

class act! you guys are awesome!!

+1 Agree they are on it!!

#4132 5 years ago

Sad part is, it was us being over cautious that caused it.

My electrician always says "no good deed goes unpunished". I've found it to be quite true.

Thank you for owning this. I can't wait for my ACNC next year, you all are killing it!

#4133 5 years ago

In summary, these are the options I'm seeing used or recommended to protect the playfield under the star posts, most notably the post right of the scoop:

Lots of options provided in the last couple pages.
The softer options seem to be a safer choice for those where damage already exists, or is imminent. I personally would prefer the fender version in each case. The nylon choice is likely the most robust, while still soft enough to protect the playfield.

I'd like to see what the results are after a few hundred plays.

edit:updated PETG characteristics

#4134 5 years ago

I use the PBL fender washers on my other pins slings as plastics guards (as done in the TNT videos). They are hard plastic not soft. The only thing I’d worry about with those is the edges are somewhat sharp and I wonder if they will wear a 3/4” circular scratch in the clear coat.

#4135 5 years ago

I'm going to be doing neopreane then acrylic? I know it sounds like overkill, but I think the neopreane creates the best protection for the playfield, but star post will sit better on the acrylic. Might not work at all, but that's what I'm going to try.

#4136 5 years ago

My butter cabinet #356 arrived last night. The box was a little dented so I completely opened it while the driver waited to be sure the clearcoat wasn't damaged. Luckily it's near perfect! There's a pretty good scratch on the both sides of the inside of the backbox probably from assembly when they installed the LCD. I'll have to find some black paint to touch up the veneer.

I got it set up, but didn't get to play a game yet. I guess before I do I'll stop at Lowes on the way home and pick up some washers!

#4137 5 years ago

Ok just got 452 set up and turned her on. No sound and shaker not working? Help!!!!

#4138 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Ok just got 452 set up and turned her on. No sound and shaker not working? Help!!!!

Edit shaker working just no sound volume set at 6.

#4139 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Edit shaker working just no sound volume set at 6.

Amp was off switch on right front side for reference.

#4140 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Amp was off switch on right front side for reference.

I had the exact same thing happen. I had my multimeter out testing like an idiot only to realize there is a power switch. .

On the play field thing, mine was #218 born on 8/6/18 and it looks pretty good after 300 games or so. I just did a thorough inspection and I didn’t see anything jumping out at me.

#4141 5 years ago

457 arrived and set up! I put a ceramic ball in it, it is madness!

20181207_200236 (resized).jpg20181207_200236 (resized).jpg20181207_204900 (resized).jpg20181207_204900 (resized).jpg20181207_210257 (resized).jpg20181207_210257 (resized).jpg20181207_234419 (1) (resized).jpg20181207_234419 (1) (resized).jpg
#4142 5 years ago

452 Set up and Dialed In!

Mods done... Upgraded monitor, TNA and Ghost LED backlighting, ceramic ball, sticker kit, purple led on start button, led upgrade to beacon, LED OCD speaker rings.

This is what happens when you have to wait 6 months and read this post every day. I wonder if I will stop looking every day now, doubt it. .......

Had Spooky add shaker, side mirrors, knocker and coin box.

Also waxed playfield, had to turn on amp, turn up gain on sub, adjust lock bar. Love the sticker on the back box idea, had to do it!

Loving Life!! Thanks Spooky!!!!!

OopknmtdTP6iaowr5NnaYg (resized).jpgOopknmtdTP6iaowr5NnaYg (resized).jpgEolxiggJTUmQmEPFM9BFyw (resized).jpgEolxiggJTUmQmEPFM9BFyw (resized).jpgztgzr0C+RqKr6Ywv6XNJkw (resized).jpgztgzr0C+RqKr6Ywv6XNJkw (resized).jpg
#4143 5 years ago

Well I'm less than 24 hours in with a couple dozen plays and my mylar rings are already almost totally peeled off :\. Could have sworn it was said this was fixed?

#4144 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I'm less than 24 hours in with a couple dozen plays and my mylar rings are already almost totally peeled off :\. Could have sworn it was said this was fixed?

Will be checking mine. Just lost my back lighting on TNA side rails and Ghost. Email sent to Hooked On Pinball.

#4145 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Email Kayte for nylon rings.

#4146 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

452 Set up and Dialed In!
Mods done... Upgraded monitor, TNA and Ghost LED backlighting, ceramic ball, sticker kit, purple led on start button, led upgrade to beacon, LED OCD speaker rings.
This is what happens when you have to wait 6 months and read this post every day. I wonder if I will stop looking every day now, doubt it. .......
Had Spooky add shaker, side mirrors, knocker and coin box.
Also waxed playfield, had to turn on amp, turn up gain on sub, adjust lock bar. Love the sticker on the back box idea, had to do it!
Loving Life!! Thanks Spooky!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just need lighted flipper buttons.

#4147 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just need lighted flipper buttons.

Which ones do you recommend?

#4148 5 years ago

Holy cow! Can't believe they are in the 450's. Remember when Scott was hoping to sell 50? Way to go Scott and Spooky. So glad for this company and happy to support them again with ACNC.

#4149 5 years ago

Finally got my lighted side rail mod and lighted hinge mod installed today! Wow. I love it. Check out HOOKED Sweet sweet mod!

0F0C9A92-B6D1-4B96-A79D-796BB1B9D4AA (resized).jpeg0F0C9A92-B6D1-4B96-A79D-796BB1B9D4AA (resized).jpegC22148BA-BD8E-4814-96BF-D9A67F316831 (resized).jpegC22148BA-BD8E-4814-96BF-D9A67F316831 (resized).jpeg
#4150 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I'll go for it. Based on dimensions I think these clears would work as well: amazon.com link »

In case anyone was wondering, I installed these today and they fit the base of the star posts quite well. When you tighten it down, it squishes just enough to cover up any paint loss. I didnt take any pictures but I would recommend these under all of the star posts that see contact with the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/83?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.