(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 239.
#301 6 years ago

Had a great time today at Expo, Scott was awesome and we had a great conversation. I can't wait to get the game!!

20171014_153308 (resized).jpg20171014_153308 (resized).jpg
20171014_151102 (resized).jpg20171014_151102 (resized).jpg

#302 6 years ago

So, does anytime know if Scott has other ideas rattling around in his brain or does this satisfy his designer itch?

#303 6 years ago

Scott bringing his personal game to Expo....Man he really is Awesome!

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Scott bringing his personal game to Expo....Man he really is Awesome

Anyone know if a TNA makes it to HAAG in Houston next week? Would be awesome.

#305 6 years ago

Are the production numbers noted on the games in anyway, or is that just the order you will receive the game?

#306 6 years ago

On RZ it was the last few numbers on the serial. Eg 00078

#307 6 years ago

Finally got around to putting my deposit in last night! I’ve been meaning to for ages but life kept on getting in the way. Very excited to have my order confirmed and TNA coming next year.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So, does anytime know if Scott has other ideas rattling around in his brain or does this satisfy his designer itch?

MLP (resized).pngMLP (resized).png

#309 6 years ago

That would actually be pretty awesome! My daughter would love this.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So, does anytime know if Scott has other ideas rattling around in his brain or does this satisfy his designer itch

I am hoping the answer to that question is "no, no more ideas for now" till they are done with production. After the games are all made I'm hoping it's an "oh hell yes".

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am hoping the answer to that question is "no, no more ideas for now" till they are done with production. After the games are all made I'm hoping it's an "oh hell yes".

Why is that? I don't think Scott is building them. Maybe you mean because of the music and code is 100% yet?

#312 6 years ago

My Little Pony looks a lot like Family Guy
I'd buy one.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Why is that? I don't think Scott is building them.

True, but he is doing the code and what not. He's the man behind this project. I just think it would be ideal for him to keep all attention on the in production game. He said on K's podcast that was what he planned to do.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

True, but he is doing the code and what not. He's the man behind this project. I just think it would be ideal for him to keep all attention on the in production game. He said on K's podcast that was what he planned to do.

game is being delivered already as code complete.

bug updates but aside from that Scott has done his job. Team spooky is doing assembly. Scott is hopefully taking a much deserved break in the near future and then hopefully finds some passion to make #2
I can say the guy is a damn genious and I hope we see more pinball out of him sooner rather than later.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Scott watches people play his game and if he sees something not quite right he takes notes in his head and goes home and fixes them . It is insane the amount if work he has put into this game . I mean game design , rules , sound , music, assembly of more than one game! He nearly did everything . He has had help along the way , but what he has done on his own in a short amount of time is truely amazing .

#316 6 years ago

Please don't be angry at me for asking, but now that the official release party is over, has anyone heard if emails are being sent notifying final payments due to private (non operator/barcade) folks?

#317 6 years ago

So what's the deal with the mirror blades that Scott had on his machine at Expo? Are these being offered to us common folk?

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Please don't be angry at me for asking, but now that the official release party is over, has anyone heard if emails are being sent notifying final payments due to private (non operator/barcade) folks?

Got this yesterday for number 14:

We will starting to build your game in the next few weeks. Please verify the add ons you want.

plastic protectors, interior graphics

Also if you are having this shipped please send me your info so I can work on your final invoice.

Thanks
KT Emery
VP/CFO
Spooky Pinball LLC

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

We will starting to build your game in the next few weeks. Please verify the add ons you want.
Also if you are having this shipped please send me your info so I can work on your final invoice.
Thanks
KT Emery
VP/CFO
Spooky Pinball LLC

So cool! Thanks for sharing.

#320 6 years ago

Does anyone know how the shaker motor is supposed to work? Anyone played it with the shaker? Is it worth it or can you live without it?

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Does anyone know how the shaker motor is supposed to work? Anyone played it with the shaker? Is it worth it or can you live without it?

It's pretty cool , the production sample at pinball life open house on friday the 13th had one . It seemed as though it is not just full on or full off but kind of uses more of the range of the shaker . The game has a great sound system and many will say a shaker isn't needed , but the shaker doesn't just accent the bass , it is doing it's own thing and I think if you are a fan of shakers in pinball you will like what it does for TNA .

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Thanks
KT Emery
VP/CFO
Spooky Pinball LLC

Awesome!!! I bet we will see some unboxing pics really soon . Although I don't think mine will be put in a box ever , I told Charlie "don't bother puting mine in a box , I am just going to open it ."

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Awesome!!! I bet we will see some unboxing pics really soon . Although I don't think mine will be put in a box ever , I told Charlie "don't bother puting mine in a box , I am just going to open it ."

I never get a box with my Spooky games. Probably wouldn't fit in my car. Some friends have a YouTube channel called, "Pinball Mayhem" You will see videos there.

#324 6 years ago

This is super cool news Russ! I am closely following along.

#325 6 years ago

Yeah, the shaker in TNA is really well done - it kicks off when the reactor is critical at a very low rumble, like a muscle car idling.

#326 6 years ago

I really enjoyed being able to play and compare all 3 versions. Seems like some potential buyers are concerned the production game won't retain that same magic the whitewood possessed. I think Spooky/Scott not only replicated the whitewood, it actually feels more refined from a gameplay perspective.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I never get a box with my Spooky games. Probably wouldn't fit in my car. Some friends have a YouTube channel called, "Pinball Mayhem" You will see videos there.

We will also have to do a shaker install video to complement the color instructions included. It appears the holes are predrilled in the cabinet.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

As part of Pinball Mayhem I'm really looking forward to covering the ins & outs of TNA. For those unfamiliar with our YT channel, here's a link to the thread here on Pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread

Thanks
Jeremy

#329 6 years ago

Spooky Facebook page says they are going to be shipping a bunch starting next week. They currently have some in testing right now. So looks like the ramp up in production is starting to happen. Won't affect me for a long while, but thought I'd put a little energy back into this thread. Can't wait to see the first unboxing pics from individual (non-op) owners.

#330 6 years ago

#6 was being packed up for AYCE Gogi in CA, and that "lots more in testing, they'll be rolling out faster next week." Glad they're posting updates!

#331 6 years ago

I'm very envious of everyone that will be getting their TNA! TNA might be the top of my list for purchase if I had the cash.

The only thing that could edge it out potentially is JJPOTC, but I need to play that before I make up my mind on it.

#332 6 years ago

A little birdy told me a code update was going to drop today! Hope it's for real!

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

A little birdy told me a code update was going to drop today! Hope it's for real!

Awesome! I wonder if it will make the flash rate on the active player's score display faster, and maybe also make the GI lights pulsate when the ball is waiting for the player in the trough... Just sayin'.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Awesome! I wonder if it will make the flash rate on the active player's score display faster, and maybe also make the GI lights pulsate when the ball is waiting for the player in the trough... Just sayin'.

My sources say that those are not going to be included in the code update, but these have been noted as possible enhancements. The player flash rate will likely not change, but lightshow updates will sprinkle out here and there.

#335 6 years ago

My sources say that those are not going to be included in the code update, but these have been noted as possible enhancements. The player flash rate will likely not change, but lightshow updates will sprinkle out here and there.

I'm just going off the videos I've seen, once I receive my game (#85 baby!) I'll feel it out in person.

Maybe the flash rate on the score could match the player's pulse! That would be amazing.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm just going off the videos I've seen, once I receive my game (#85 baby!) I'll feel it out in person.
Maybe the flash rate on the score could match the player's pulse! That would be amazing.

Now you are getting crazy!

This update that is coming is mostly a bug fix and enhancement update for our early operators. It's not a huge one, but it will be handy for them. I am so excited to see how many of these games are going straight to bars and arcades. It's pretty cool.

--Scott

#337 6 years ago

Now you are getting crazy!
This update that is coming is mostly a bug fix and enhancement update for our early operators. It's not a huge one, but it will be handy for them. I am so excited to see how many of these games are going straight to bars and arcades. It's pretty cool.
--Scott

This game was born for competition! Mine will be hitting our restaurant/bar location where we host our league nights and occasional tournaments right after my xmas break (assuming I get it before then).

I'm going to goop my "electric pink golden sac rac" to the pf glass so it will always be there.

It should also be in the lineup for the Alberta Provincial Pinball Championships tournament in late January.

#338 6 years ago

OK, code update is live!!!!

Changelog:
v1.0.5 – 10/20/2017 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Eject scoop ballsave now not active during multiball (this was a multiball exploit)
– Adjustments to pre-loaded assets for faster booting
– Added fix for stability issues when game is played consistently for 9+ hours
– Fixed display issue which would sometimes show a black screen when reactor is started

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Burn in test added to the service menu
– Moved Coin Op audits to their own category
– Renamed ‘Games Started’ to ‘Rounds Started’ to make it less confusing
– Added Service credits functionality by pressing the exit button in attract mode or gameplay which
is tracked separately in the coin op audits.

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Z7YGvi_VT6bEtaeWhYMWttRGc

#339 6 years ago

Love that you're taking care of your game, Scott!

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Love that you're taking care of your game, Scott!

I will do my best to make sure people are happy with their purchases. Also, I like doing this stuff.

Sometimes I forget things like the service credit functionality. oops... Luckily, people are letting me know. haha.
--Scott

#341 6 years ago

I will do my best to make sure people are happy with their purchases. Also, I like doing this stuff.
Sometimes I forget things like the service credit functionality. oops... Luckily, people are letting me know. haha.
--Scott

THIS is one of the reasons I'm confident with TNA being my first NIB purchase. Can't wait...

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

THIS is one of the reasons I'm confident with TNA being my first NIB purchase. Can't wait...

Same here

#343 6 years ago

I keep going back and forth between TNA and Houdini. I was really, really close to pulling the trigger in TNA but then I got interested in Houdini again. Such different games. I wish I had the funds for both.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I keep going back and forth between TNA and Houdini. I was really, really close to pulling the trigger in TNA but then I got interested in Houdini again. Such different games. I wish I had the funds for both.

I like the idea of Houdini, but personally find it to shoot poorly (just my taste). In particular the whole right side shots are too tight and not very satisfying to hit. I put a few games on the most recent examples at Expo and while funr to explore it did not have much replay value for me. I still look forward to playing a full production machine at some point, but TNA is super addictive if you like that style of game play and the shots are really satifying.

#345 6 years ago

Horrorhouse Fest will have one! Ours is shipping next week which makes our lives that much more complete Excited!

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Same boards so less replacement hardware to buy. Houdini is on my radar as well. Going to let that one get out there for a while to see what happens.

#347 6 years ago

– Added fix for stability issues when game is played consistently for 9+ hours

Ha ha love this - was gonna put my TnA in our 24-hour charity battle fundraiser event but think it'll arrive after that but will probably be in for a 3-day weekend HERB tourney a couple weeks after so will need this

#348 6 years ago

Also, if you guys that have updated notice any bugs in the software, please let me know ASAP so I can look into it. You can use teh contact page on my website, or hit me up on here. Thank you so much!
--Scott

#349 6 years ago

Just finished a short video of total nuclear annihilation at the PBL party. The videos i got from that trip are not the highest quality, but i still wanted to share them. This will show the game with the mirror sides and directly behind it the prototype with the art package. I think they both work out well.

#350 6 years ago

Nice! Thanks for the video. Really hope factory mirror blades will be an option by the time you make #169

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/7?hl=pigeonfarmboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.