(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 239.
#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

A little woody[quoted image]

Send it to Ron Kruzman for even bigger wood!

#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Send it to Ron Kruzman for even bigger wood!

Good words!

Or I can clear it myself for ridiculous slippery wood!

#3803 5 years ago

When listening to the track “last mission” I can faintly hear LION MAN! Around the 2 minute mark... may just be my ears deceiving me

#3804 5 years ago

I am currently having an issue with my insert and GI lighting. About every 10 games or so the whole left of the playfield lights will go white or a funky brownish red. They will stay like this until I turn the game off and back on. When it is like this you can not see what targets you need to hit to destroy the reactors because it is all white. The power grid is doing this as well. Anyone else have this issue and suggestions on fixing it.

#3805 5 years ago

Lights are driven by PD-LED Boards which connect to the main controller board and each other via a chain of twisted pair or serial cables. I wonder if the connection on one of the serial cables is intermittently failing.

#3806 5 years ago

After a long week of work TNA rewarded me with a new GC (good by my standards)! Sometimes it’s fun to just go for multiball jackpots instead of solely focusing on reactors.

I’m sometimes getting an extra ball spit out in the middle of gameplay. Seems to happen mostly when a ball is shot out of a scoop. Happened just now after I reset the locks and it shot out of right scoop. Any ideas?

AA709B71-B8C7-4F0E-9618-C873B50A22F7 (resized).jpegAA709B71-B8C7-4F0E-9618-C873B50A22F7 (resized).jpeg
#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

After a long week of work TNA rewarded me with a new GC (good by my standards)! Sometimes it’s fun to just go for multiball jackpots instead of solely focusing on reactors.
I’m sometimes getting an extra ball spit out in the middle of gameplay. Seems to happen mostly when a ball is shot out of a scoop. Happened just now after I reset the locks and it shot out of right scoop. Any ideas?[quoted image]

Replay value set to EB?

#3808 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Replay value set to EB?

I mean it will just throw a ball into the shooter lane and fire it into play. Just happened again on my last game... more than once. Maybe a loose connector somewhere.

#3809 5 years ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Lights are driven by PD-LED Boards which connect to the main controller board and each other via a chain of twisted pair or serial cables. I wonder if the connection on one of the serial cables is intermittently failing.

Ok. I will see if there is a loose connection somewhere. Thanks

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

cant wait for the next code update!!!!
I cant believe Scott is still updating it even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m somewhat behind on the thread. Code update you say? I really couldn’t envision any way to improve this amazing game.

#3811 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I mean it will just throw a ball into the shooter lane and fire it into play. Just happened again on my last game... more than once. Maybe a loose connector somewhere.

Flaky outlane switch. It gives you a small ball save out of the scoops.
--Scott

#3812 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m somewhat behind on the thread. Code update you say? I really couldn’t envision any way to improve this amazing game.

Bug fixes, new sounds, etc. Maybe a few little new things that have been bugging me.

#3813 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Bug fixes, new sounds, etc. Maybe a few little new things that have been bugging me.

Jukebox mode a'la AC/DC?

#3814 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Co-op high scores. Think Scott is already working on this.....

#3815 5 years ago

I received #362 last week and I’m in love!

I do have an audio issue that I need to tackle. The original 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable from the back box to the amp was faulty. I swapped in a similar cable I had around but a few games in and it’s not making good connection to the amp as well. I’m beginning to worry the jack on the amp may be the problem. Wondering if anyone has suggestions for this? Has anyone upgraded their audio cable ?(or their amp?). The music on this thing is too good to not be working properly. I suspect that having the amp right next to the shaker makes for a challenging situation for that 3.5mm jack.

#3816 5 years ago

I'm not really a fan of the bright white start button so I purchased some purple bulbs off ebay. Link provided if you're interested. Fits perfect with no issues.

ebay.com link: 0

-Mike

20181111_191618 (resized).jpg20181111_191618 (resized).jpg20181111_191818 (resized).jpg20181111_191818 (resized).jpg20181111_191924 (resized).jpg20181111_191924 (resized).jpg
#3817 5 years ago

We just added these to our site.
This is an add on to our side rail kit.
Lit Ghosts which tie into our side rail kits.
These are powered by our kit using a splitter and install in about 20 min.
Few sets here Hookedonpinball.com

IMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPG
#3818 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Few sets here Hookedonpinball.com [quoted image][quoted image]

I love these…granted I still haven’t installed the lighted side rails because I am not certain how to disable this without damage. :/

#3819 5 years ago

a chimpanzee and two trainees could install the side rail kit.

#3820 5 years ago

ok

IMG_1449 (resized).JPGIMG_1449 (resized).JPG

This was the game just sitting - when it does it in play mode it fires more balls onto the playfield.

What do I need to adjust? nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Cheers,
Neil.

#3821 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Seriously, you and TimeBandit should get together and make...like...the best game over....your talents + dedication to constant improvement is killer.

#3822 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ok
[quoted image]
This was the game just sitting - when it does it in play mode it fires more balls onto the playfield.
What do I need to adjust? nothing looks out of the ordinary.
Cheers,
Neil.

did you recently update the code? if so, check the polarity of the 5v dc and ground plug that goes to the trough optos. it is possible that you need to flip the connector over to get the polarity right

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'm not really a fan of the bright white start button so I purchased some purple bulbs off ebay. Link provided if you're interested. Fits perfect with no issues.
ebay.com link
-Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, thanks for this. It's bothered me since day one. These look good. Just ordered.

#3824 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the TNA topper was scrapped from laseriffic? Cant seem to find it for sale anywhere

#3825 5 years ago

Just got my game and I'm a noob at owning. How do I get the underneath to stay up when I want to work on something? I don't see anything to lock in into place?

#3826 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Just got my game and I'm a noob at owning. How do I get the underneath to stay up when I want to work on something? I don't see anything to lock in into place?

With a hand in each side carefully pull the playfield out and toward you until it stops. Then lift the front of the playfield and keep going up until it rests against the backbox. You might want a towel or something on the backbox to prevent scratching stuff up. Once it’s tilted back you should be able to get at anything you need to get at.

#3827 5 years ago

A noob with TNA! Nice game to start a collection with. I see Night Moves in your collection too, what's the story behind that?
BTW, welcome to Pinside!

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

With a hand in each side carefully pull the playfield out and toward you until it stops. Then lift the front of the playfield and keep going up until it rests against the backbox. You might want a towel or something on the backbox to prevent scratching stuff up. Once it’s tilted back you should be able to get at anything you need to get at.

Thanks. I was lifting it up holding it looking for some latch. Makes sense I can just lean it back. Thanks.

#3829 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

A noob with TNA! Nice game to start a collection with. I see Night Moves in your collection too, what's the story behind that?
BTW, welcome to Pinside!

Got my night moves this summer but ordered this first. They kind of compliment each other as non band music pins. Lol

#3830 5 years ago

Thanks. I was lifting it up holding it looking for some latch. Makes sense I can just lean it back. Thanks.

Make sure you take the balls out first!

#3831 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

a chimpanzee and two trainees could install the side rail kit.

Great, where are the instructions? Where does the wire route? What is the best method for removing the side rails?

I’m sure I could figure it out by ripping this off the game, but for $120 I expected some instructions.

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:Great, where are the instructions? Where does the wire route? What is the best method for removing the side rails?
I’m sure I could figure it out by ripping this off the game, but for $120 I expected some instructions.

Take the screws out the side rails just come off. Align the roll so that it sits nicely and fills the letters. Replace the side rails. Feed the cable in at the back near the backbox. Stick the power adaptor inside the cabinet away from the amplifier and other cables. Boom. job done.

Cheers,
Neil.

#3833 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

did you recently update the code? if so, check the polarity of the 5v dc and ground plug that goes to the trough optos. it is possible that you need to flip the connector over to get the polarity right

thanks for replying - no code been running since Scott posted it, but I'll check that anyway. Its been doing it on and off for a while.

Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like?

Cheers,
Neil.

#3834 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thanks for replying - no code been running since Scott posted it, but I'll check that anyway. Its been doing it on and off for a while.
Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like?
Cheers,
Neil.

Answer my own question From an earlier post.

afe3378e19eb3b45fb331e9d3841eb5344cd0609 (resized).jpgafe3378e19eb3b45fb331e9d3841eb5344cd0609 (resized).jpg
#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Take the screws out the side rails just come off. Align the roll so that it sits nicely and fills the letters. Replace the side rails. Feed the cable in at the back near the backbox. Stick the power adaptor inside the cabinet away from the amplifier and other cables. Boom. job done.
Cheers,
Neil.

Do the flipper buttons need to come off?

#3836 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes, you gotta scrape the hot glue off the nuts that hold them in, too.

#3837 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

yup

#3838 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Few sets here Hookedonpinball.com [quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure how I missed this! Ordered!!

#3839 5 years ago

Watch pulling the playfield out too far... it could potentially come off the rails and fall into the cabinet and damage something.

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Watch pulling the playfield out too far... it could potentially come off the rails and fall into the cabinet and damage something.

I did that with my first Stern. Nearly shat my pants.

#3841 5 years ago
Quoted from nalsa:

Thanks Scott! I will put that into my next pinball life order. And I know you are not direct support, but just as a matter of FYI in case it would be good to pass along to spooky, this is a new machine just took delivery a week ago yesterday, and it was happening straight out of the box.

I've played 3 different TNAs over the last month and they ALL have this error.

#3842 5 years ago

I just installed the lighted side rails but they aren't turning on. Have the power plugged into the correct spot.
What is this little button for?

20181115_190202 (resized).jpg20181115_190202 (resized).jpg
#3843 5 years ago

Thanks. I'm having this same issue with dropdown target 2 just received from Spooky on Monday. Ill order this spring as well.

#3844 5 years ago

Anyone add lighted flipper buttons? Could you let me know which ones and where you got them?

#3845 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone add lighted flipper buttons? Could you let me know which ones and where you got them?

Brite buttons from pinball life purple.

#3846 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just installed the lighted side rails but they aren't turning on. Have the power plugged into the correct spot.
What is this little button for?

That is a mode button so that you can strobe the rails fast or slow. Not tied to game at all.
Most people just leave the EL panel on constantly.

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

That is a mode button so that you can strobe the rails fast or slow. Not tied to game at all.
Most people just leave the EL panel on constantly.

Turned out that I have a bad inverter.

#3848 5 years ago

We will have some NIB games coming up in our production allotment soon - December. Email me at [email protected] if you would like a NIB game. Authorized Spooky distributor.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Brite buttons from pinball life purple.

Yes but which ones? Spooky is not listed as a manufacturer and I'm not familiar with which one would have a similar connection.

#3850 5 years ago

Anyone have to debug a TNA that won’t finish booting? Any pointers for me to try and get preliminary info for Spooky? No docs = no fun. , especially on a holiday week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.