(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 239.
#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from KingKool:

I've set the playfield to approximately the recommended 6.5 degrees. It seems to happen frequently when the ball is thrown by the bottom right kicker; the ball is thrown over into the left-hand drain lane.

Just turn down the coil power for the slings in the menu.

#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You see this, I have #314 and this right here is peeling off and I have seen other pics that look identical to how mine looked. This is how it started.
We need a Cliffy Protector real bad.
-Mike
[quoted image]

Got the same thing going. I usually put them on all new games initially or at least what's available. I asked cliff a few months back if he was planning on doing them. He said he doesn't know anyone with the game, so not very likely. I did give him the measurements for both scoops and put a drain and three piece shooter lane in it. After that, there isn't much else to do but play the game.

#3753 5 years ago

Fresh back from Staples. Got the cards from Scott’s site printed on a heavy card stock. Came out real nice. I got another set laminated but they came out too big to fit. Using the unlaminated ones for now.

22B7229D-376E-4491-B122-5B6489A836B1 (resized).jpeg22B7229D-376E-4491-B122-5B6489A836B1 (resized).jpeg4FCA190C-D9C3-4B69-9A79-66032ADE46A6 (resized).jpeg4FCA190C-D9C3-4B69-9A79-66032ADE46A6 (resized).jpeg6BF83010-CE65-4D94-9BE0-CC3A34B2FAE2 (resized).jpeg6BF83010-CE65-4D94-9BE0-CC3A34B2FAE2 (resized).jpeg
#3754 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Just turn down the coil power for the slings in the menu.

Thanks, that seems like a good idea, I'll try it tomorrow.

#3755 5 years ago

I just got back from playing TNA at "Lyons Pinball". Very cool easy rules, has the feel of a 80s machine. Will only get better with future updates.

#3756 5 years ago

My speaker panel overlay I made

tna1 (resized).jpgtna1 (resized).jpgtna2 (resized).jpgtna2 (resized).jpgtna3 (resized).jpgtna3 (resized).jpg
#3757 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramair97:

My speaker panel overlay I made
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. What material did you make it out of? I want one!!

#3758 5 years ago

Aluminum. Because of the odd size and the piece I had to order from mc master Carr, they would really be to expensive to re sale. But if I could do 5 or so I might could get the price down.

#3759 5 years ago

Additional data point RE pf wear:

Have a HUO game from the 180 build range with 342 games played.

Also seeing bubbling around star posts including a spot that’s chipping off. Have clear cracking at reactor start...Put down some mylar to help stabilize for now.

Will be reaching out to Spooky as IMHO this is beyond ‘normal’ wear.

#3760 5 years ago
Quoted from KingKool:

I've set the playfield to approximately the recommended 6.5 degrees. It seems to happen frequently when the ball is thrown by the bottom right kicker; the ball is thrown over into the left-hand drain lane.

I had the same issue. I most recently turned my flippers down to like 25 and I now don’t seem to have the issue. That said, I didn’t have any issue with this out of the box. I almost feel like the game has gotten faster and more jumpy as it has aged.

#3761 5 years ago

I’ve heard rumors of a a limited run? But today I received Kayte Emery’s email to me said, “GAMES WILL BE MADE IN BATCHES OF 50... This game is not limited in numbers.“.
I want a TNA, but need to order at a later time to control delivery date.

#3762 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’ve heard rumors of a a limited run? But today I received Kayte Emery’s email to me said, “GAMES WILL BE MADE IN BATCHES OF 50... This game is not limited in numbers.“.
I want a TNA, but need to order at a later time to control delivery date.

You are correct that the run is open ended and can be made as long as there is demand. However at some point in the future there should not be any more demand and production will effectively end.

In time there will be an equilibrium where used market will be as convenient and easy to buy a TNA that not a large number of people will want one that can’t be supplied by the used market.

A game like Tron is in demand and would sell well if more production was restarted. But most pins exist in the market without a huge demand for new units.

Tron was last made 5-6 years ago. So it’s possible if production of TNA was to stop it could be years before a demand is enough to restart production.

At some point in the future there will indeed be no more TNA production. I have no idea when that will be.

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I had the same issue. I most recently turned my flippers down to like 25 and I now don’t seem to have the issue. That said, I didn’t have any issue with this out of the box. I almost feel like the game has gotten faster and more jumpy as it has aged.

I've now similarly tweaked the settings and the problem has mostly disappeared, and the game is somewhat gentler! Now I have to try and stop the woofer rattling when it plays any bass.

#3764 5 years ago

I was hoping someone else has had this problem, I am consistently getting a drop target #3 drop down error, after looking at the unit, its a small coil that pulls in a plate to physically hit the drop to release it. When I coil test this I hear a clicking, but the coil does not grab that plate unless I physically move it slightly. I thought that it was indicating that it was to far from the plate, so I adjusted the plate rest to make it a little closer, it worked fine until the next day when the same thing started again.

Hopefully this makes sense, and maybe anyone who has resolved this issue will be able to chime in if I am on the right track, or need to look elsewhere to solve the problem??

#3765 5 years ago
Quoted from nalsa:

I was hoping someone else has had this problem, I am consistently getting a drop target #3 drop down error, after looking at the unit, its a small coil that pulls in a plate to physically hit the drop to release it. When I coil test this I hear a clicking, but the coil does not grab that plate unless I physically move it slightly. I thought that it was indicating that it was to far from the plate, so I adjusted the plate rest to make it a little closer, it worked fine until the next day when the same thing started again.
Hopefully this makes sense, and maybe anyone who has resolved this issue will be able to chime in if I am on the right track, or need to look elsewhere to solve the problem??

Replace the spring on the knockdown coil with this one:
https://www.pinballlife.com/armature-extension-spring-10-120.html

#3766 5 years ago

Thanks Scott! I will put that into my next pinball life order. And I know you are not direct support, but just as a matter of FYI in case it would be good to pass along to spooky, this is a new machine just took delivery a week ago yesterday, and it was happening straight out of the box.

#3767 5 years ago

I finally managed to take down the 250 spins leaderboard entry.. with a measly 252. I'll keep at it, and see if I can get to 300 soon!

#3768 5 years ago

I heard from Kayte that 48 games are left; 47 now because I just sent in my order! I should get #549 Kayte says #550 wasn't available because it may be auctioned for charity.

#3769 5 years ago

They’re selling like radioactive cakes.

#3770 5 years ago

Sent my deposit to Cointaker last weekend. Pretty psyched to have the game in house. Girlfriend, not overly psyched

#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from Carveair:

Sent my deposit to Cointaker last weekend. Pretty psyched to have the game in house. Girlfriend, not overly psyched

She will be when you show her co-op mode.
My wife is by my side on that one.
-Mike

#3772 5 years ago

cant wait for the next code update!!!!

I cant believe Scott is still updating it even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from Carveair:

Girlfriend, not overly psyched

Tell her to get used to it! Just kidding. I’m sure she’ll like it. I’ve only played a couple games, but it sure seems fun.

#3774 5 years ago

Anyone have side-by-side pics of butter and standard cabinets?

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Anyone have side-by-side pics of butter and standard cabinets?

I'd love to see the same as well.

#3776 5 years ago

After 1 week of having mine I got thru 2 reactors.
The play is fast, sometime BRUTAL...

#3777 5 years ago

played a game of TNA with my wife she's not into pinball but she was impressed with the game design, sound and lights and like the co-op mode.

#3778 5 years ago

my red target next to scoop is hard to register a hit, is there any easy way to fix it? I'm not very handy but would appreciate a how to guide.

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

my red target next to scoop is hard to register a hit, is there any easy way to fix it? I'm not very handy but would appreciate a how to guide.

Try to press the target foam down several times. I did this for all my standup targets. It breaks it in a little bit.

#3780 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

110% agree with you on the coin box - it's a utility function for the home collector. I'll pick up a spare somewhere and clean it up and use it in TNA - it just surprised me when I opened the coin door and there was...nothing.
The pinballs - I chucked them into my 'spares' bag and installed some new and went on with it.... that whole situation just caught me off guard as well...didn't expect that.

Sorry for a reply to an older post, but is there a preference everyone has here for balls, or waxing them or the playfield when you're first setting it up?

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You should go into switch test mode with the glass off and go around rolling a pinball into the switches to test how sensitive they are.

The switches themselves are just two pieces of metal with a gap. When the gap closes a switch is registered. You can bend the blades toward the playfield and away from the foam backing a bit. Then you just have to sure there is still a gap between the blades and you didn’t permanently close the switch. Bend the rear blade back a bit if needed.

Basically, don’t be afraid to bend stuff. It’s meant to bend and worst case scenario it’s replaceable. Would recommend making minor adjustments while taking breaks to retest in switch test mode.

#3782 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sorry for a reply to an older post, but is there a preference everyone has here for balls, or waxing them or the playfield when you're first setting it up?

Balls (Solid Chrome Ninja Balls):
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

Wax (It doesn't leave a white residue in places you forget to wipe off):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZQP08/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

#3783 5 years ago

You guys are pretty awesome tech support. <3

#3784 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You should go into switch test mode with the glass off and go around rolling a pinball into the switches to test how sensitive they are.
The switches themselves are just two pieces of metal with a gap. When the gap closes a switch is registered. You can bend the blades toward the playfield and away from the foam backing a bit. Then you just have to sure there is still a gap between the blades and you didn’t permanently close the switch. Bend the rear blade back a bit if needed.
Basically, don’t be afraid to bend stuff. It’s meant to bend and worst case scenario it’s replaceable. Would recommend making minor adjustments while taking breaks to retest in switch test mode.

If you do adjust switches, make sure the power is OFF.

#3785 5 years ago

Scott, when I go to change the score to extra ball requirement for example, I need to push the button one time for a discrete adjustment like every +10K points. It's easier to hold the button down and continuously get a higher score requirement and then fine tune in increments. Is that something that is considered?

#3786 5 years ago

Curious if anyone has heard whether or not Cliff R. was planning on running a small protector set (mainly scoops) for the playfield? I e-mailed him a couple weeks back, but have yet to get a reply...

#3787 5 years ago

Curious if anyone has heard whether or not Cliff R. was planning on running a small protector set (mainly scoops) for the playfield? I e-mailed him a couple weeks back, but have yet to get a reply...

are they needed given the scoops have mantis style protectors already?

#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

are they needed given the scoops have mantis style protectors already?

I don’t need know that they’re absolutely necessary, but I do have some damage on the clear on the left side of scoop. And this is with less than 100 plays. But I’m also concerned about any cliffy making the scoop harder to hit than it already is. In any case, I would be in for a cliffy here if they are made.

#3789 5 years ago

I asked him about this before, and this was his response:

yeah nada for tna until i get a game to work from I'm afraid. i do hope a local near me gets one so i can borrow it

#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just set up my TNA #343 looks great and plays fast.
My question the beacon does not seem to be active, where can I find the beacon test? Is it possible that it is not plugged in, when will it normally light up?
Thanks
[quoted image]

I had the same issue. The problem was with one connector in the backbox. One wire from the beacon wasnt crimped good enough. I poked the wore more into the connector and then it worked.

#3791 5 years ago

My drop target 1 recently started dropping on its own. It happens about once every game at this point. Where do I start diagnosing this?

I ran a drop test for 10 cycles. Here are the results.

E1422DEA-255D-4E87-A9D1-7DF17FCE7360 (resized).jpegE1422DEA-255D-4E87-A9D1-7DF17FCE7360 (resized).jpeg
#3792 5 years ago

Said it before, but the co-op mode is great, my wife and kids are not pinball players but they all enjoy this pin with co-op so they don't get too overwhelmed as novice players. Simple rules, hit the scoop, hit the orbits etc..

I can't wait for my pinball night to see how this rolls with 4 players vs mode.

#3793 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My drop target 1 recently started dropping on its own. It happens about once every game at this point. Where do I start diagnosing this?
[quoted image]

Probably a mechanical issue. Looks like your drop 1 will not always stay up. Look and make sure that the brass metal finger is not rubbing on it keeping it from sitting on the little black ledge. I hope that makes sense.
--Scott

#3794 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Said it before, but the co-op mode is great, my wife and kids are not pinball players but they all enjoy this pin with co-op so they don't get too overwhelmed as novice players. Simple rules, hit the scoop, hit the orbits etc..

Glad tohear you and the famare enjoying your newest game!

#3795 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had non-pinhead causal players (extended family) over this past weekend, and before I explained the rules to TNA, they were pretty lukewarm to it. Once I explained the simple concept and CoOP mode, they were having a blast with it. It was TNA and Dialed In most of the weekend.

My classic Ballys didn't get played much. TWD (my oldest pin) was unplayed for the most part, since they've played it plenty of times before, and XMLE got a decent amount of play too (XMLE, TNA, and DI were all new to them). But definitely DI and TNA were the most played machines this past weekend

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I had non-pinhead causal players (extended family) over this past weekend, and before I explained the rules to TNA, they were pretty lukewarm to it. Once I explained the simple concept and CoOP mode, they were having a blast with it. It was TNA and Dialed In most of the weekend.
My classic Ballys didn't get played much. TWD (my oldest pin) was unplayed for the most part, since they've played it plenty of times before, and XMLE got a decent amount of play too (XMLE, TNA, and DI were all new to them). But definitely DI and TNA were the most played machines this past weekend

sounds like it is time for me to take TWD off your hands. We do excellent trade in programs if you are interested.

#3797 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

sounds like it is time for me to take TWD off your hands. We do excellent trade in programs if you are interested.

I love it too much! I still play it a ton

#3798 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image]

This may not be your case but the spring on my 3rd drop target was not able to hold the tension and even the slightest movement would force it to drop. One I adjusted the spring to have a little more tension it works properly now

4360E739-CBBF-449C-B8B8-3C5B6E5AF059 (resized).jpeg4360E739-CBBF-449C-B8B8-3C5B6E5AF059 (resized).jpeg
#3799 5 years ago

Game is so evil it tilted me even when I wasn’t shaking the nudging! I’m thinking the steady thump of Scott’s sick beats combined a good amount of shaker got it rocking. I like the sensitivity of it though. Gonna have to learn to trap the ball and let it settle when needed.

#3800 5 years ago

A little woody

10B7ADF5-66D9-42F4-8E83-FA11620A6526 (resized).jpeg10B7ADF5-66D9-42F4-8E83-FA11620A6526 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/76?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.