(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,939 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 239.
#3651 5 years ago

i am not in front of mine right now, but i believe it comes down from the beacon and goes into the driver board. its a power and ground.

#3652 5 years ago

I received 344 today, and I think it's worth noting that you should try wiping down the playfield and edges of things on the playfield; I keep finding wood fibers and random bits all over the place on there. Better to remove it with a cloth than smash it around with pinballs.

#3653 5 years ago

335 was delivered a few days ago... it’s gotta sit in its box awaiting my gameroom... I mean TNA’s house to be finished

Also got an extra playfield to have around

#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I received 344 today, and I think it's worth noting that you should try wiping down the playfield and edges of things on the playfield; I keep finding wood fibers and random bits all over the place on there. Better to remove it with a cloth than smash it around with pinballs.

Good to know thanks

#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My question the beacon does not seem to be active, where can I find the beacon test?

My TNA #314 was shipped with the beacon turned off in menu. Could just have been a mistake at factory. Once I saw that and turned it on, no issues.
-Mike

#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

335 was delivered a few days ago... it’s gotta sit in its box awaiting my gameroom... I mean TNA’s house to be finished
Also got an extra playfield to have around

What did the extra playfield set you back?

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

My TNA #314 was shipped with the beacon turned off in menu. Could just have been a mistake at factory. Once I saw that and turned it on, no issues.
-Mike

What part of the menu I didn’t see it.

Is there an owners manual?

#3658 5 years ago

Can someone summarize how to set up co-op or vs mode?

#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone summarize how to set up co-op or vs mode?

When you start player 1 hold down the button for co-op, when adding player 2 after co-op keep holding to start vs mode, Im pretty sure instructions are in attract mode

#3660 5 years ago

Previously loved the Hackers references, recently saw the Goonies references. Thanks small tidbits Scott.

#3661 5 years ago

One of these days I’ll get that Super Ramps award.

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

One of these days I’ll get that Super Ramps award.

PM o-din I'm sure he's gotten it by now.

#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What part of the menu I didn’t see it.
Is there an owners manual?

Ah ha, I just looked, it was for attract mode. Sorry, I thought it was for anytime.
-Mike

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

Previously loved the Hackers references, recently saw the Goonies references. Thanks small tidbits Scott.

I'm a little bit sad that I don't get to see most of them anymore. We need a new update.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

What did the extra playfield set you back?

Fourfiddy at the time

They have wall hangers for much less

#3666 5 years ago

Multiball reactors can go by quick!

2975F073-F4E6-4F0C-AD3D-C94BB1E1983A (resized).jpeg2975F073-F4E6-4F0C-AD3D-C94BB1E1983A (resized).jpeg
#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Sounds like a washer is binding up on your shooter rod. Try removing the washer that is between the inner (long) spring and the shooter housing.
--Scott

Still felt a little crunchy for me so I bought some other tension springs to play around with.
28ED382A-76B3-4F29-A0DD-798957CDC508 (resized).jpeg28ED382A-76B3-4F29-A0DD-798957CDC508 (resized).jpeg

#3668 5 years ago

Is there a way to reset all the high scores without doing a full factory reset? I’m not seeing it in the menu. Am I blind?

#3669 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is there a way to reset all the high scores without doing a full factory reset? I’m not seeing it in the menu. Am I blind?

Will be in the next update. Sorry, was an oversight by me.
--Scott

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Will be in the next update. Sorry, was an oversight by me.
--Scott

Next update.
I'm liking that

#3671 5 years ago

edit: double post

#3672 5 years ago

Any idea what's up with these plastic rings around the feet of all the star posts? All but one of mine are falling off all over the playfield. Are they supposed to be there, or why are they coming off?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3673 5 years ago

They are mylar meant to be under the star posts. After a while into production, they realized they need to try and add extra protection there because these posts near the lock and scoop take a beating. Spooky sent me some to try and protect the post near the scoop on my that I was worried about playfield damage. They are coming off mine to and I am currently looking for another option to protect those areas

#3674 5 years ago

Spooky's Session at Pinball Expo. Was fantastic...

#3675 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Thanks for posting! I'll have to watch it later.

#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

They are mylar meant to be under the star posts. After a while into production, they realized they need to try and add extra protection there because these posts near the lock and scoop take a beating. Spooky sent me some to try and protect the post near the scoop on my that I was worried about playfield damage. They are coming off mine to and I am currently looking for another option to protect those areas

They were put on as a precaution for high impact areas. Feel free to peel them off if you don't want or need them.

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I bought some other tension springs to play around with.

Let us know which one you find to work the best!

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Thanks for posting. Very cool. Love the inside stuff on a game I will soon have.

#3679 5 years ago

Oh man, my game won’t boot now.

It just cycles the score readouts forever.

Any help?

The noise you hear is from my dehumidifier not the game.

#3680 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Oh man, my game won’t boot now.
It just cycles the score readouts forever.
Any help?

The noise you hear is from my dehumidifier not the game.

Ehh, powering off and on a few times didn’t help... but unplugging the game from the wall and popping it it into a power strip did. I don’t know. Happy to have my game back.

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Ehh, powering off and on a few times didn’t help... but unplugging the game from the wall and popping it it into a power strip did. I don’t know. Happy to have my game back.

Check your fuses for your CPU. Just look at the fuses in the game. I had this and I had a coil short that blew a fuse

#3682 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Any idea what's up with these plastic rings around the feet of all the star posts? All but one of mine are falling off all over the playfield. Are they supposed to be there, or why are they coming off?
[quoted image]

mine had the same issue around the inlanes/slings. I figured they got loose when the factory installed my plastic protectors. I just loosened the plastics and protectors and removed them.

wondering now if I should put more mylar back under them... mine is HUO. so Im not that worried.

IMG_0035 (resized).jpgIMG_0035 (resized).jpgIMG_0036 (resized).jpgIMG_0036 (resized).jpg
#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

They were put on as a precaution for high impact areas. Feel free to peel them off if you don't want or need them.

It's not necessarily that I don't want them, it's that they've (all but one) bubbled up and are falling off with fewer than 50 plays. Since mine will only ever be HUO while I own it, I don't mind and I will remove the ones that have come up, but if these are designed to address an issue, they're not working too well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3684 5 years ago

Mine did the same. I peeled them off thinking it was some leftover crap from assembly or something.

#3685 5 years ago

Mine did this as well. I just peeled them off.

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Thanks for posting - wanted to see this

#3687 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just set up my TNA #343 looks great and plays fast.
My question the beacon does not seem to be active, where can I find the beacon test? Is it possible that it is not plugged in, when will it normally light up?
Thanks
[quoted image]

you can also just activate the reactor with the glass off and see if it works...i thought mine didnt work but it did

#3688 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

you can also just activate the reactor with the glass off and see if it works...i thought mine didnt work but it did

Got it to work, just jiggled the connections but I couldn’t see anything explicitly disconnected.

#3689 5 years ago

So, will I lose all my audits if I do a factory reset? Or are just the settings and high scores reset with a factory reset?

#3690 5 years ago

Here’s a tournament related question. It seems the player scores can sometimes glitch out and show all 888888888 or some error code. Seems to be an intermittent problem with this game, which I’ve seen on a few different TNAs.

The scenario in question is in a 4 player group, ball 1... Player 4s score goes glitchy suddenly. The group plays on, immediately on ball 2, player 1 score glitches out. Player 2 and 3 scores never glitch out. Nobody is really sure of player 1 or player 4 scores. Of course we can play to the end and see the scores on the main screen. But how do you gauge how you are playing compared to the unknown scores during the game ?! What would be a proper tournament ruling in this scenario be?

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Here’s a tournament related question. It seems the player scores can sometimes glitch out and show all 888888888 or some error code. Seems to be an intermittent problem with this game, which I’ve seen on a few different TNAs.
The scenario in question is in a 4 player group, ball 1... Player 4s score goes glitchy suddenly. The group plays on, immediately on ball 2, player 1 score glitches out. Player 2 and 3 scores never glitch out. Nobody is really sure of player 1 or player 4 scores. Of course we can play to the end and see the scores on the main screen. But how do you gauge how you are playing compared to the unknown scores during the game ?! What would be a proper tournament ruling in this scenario be?

I would contact spooky support as this is not normal behavior at all.

#3692 5 years ago

this might only happen 1 in 100 games maybe, or less. I see it happen occasionally and nobody really makes a big deal out of it. It always seems to correct itself and display the proper scores when the game is over, which leads me to believe it is a software thing potentially, but I am not there watching the game often enough to see if there are patterns that lead up to it. In my experience, when it has happened, it's happening during games with 3 or more players

Other people who have seen it happen on the particular machine I experienced it on last night commented that they have also seen another TNA do it on occasion at another location in town. I've also seen it happen in a tournament in Edmonton, where player 3 score went all 8s until the end of the game. Note that this is happening on location with machines that are on all day and easily see 100+ games played in a day. Maybe home users are not playing them enough to trip across this behavior

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

It's not necessarily that I don't want them, it's that they've (all but one) bubbled up and are falling off with fewer than 50 plays. Since mine will only ever be HUO while I own it, I don't mind and I will remove the ones that have come up, but if these are designed to address an issue, they're not working too well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If someone has another solution to protect this area please let me know. Already losing paint on the playfield.

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I would rule play on, knowing that the scores are recoverable when the game ends. The alternative is to have the player stop, drain their remaining balls and play compensation balls on a fresh game added to the score. As a player, I would rather keep my progress and stay in the live game (due to things like lock stealing).

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

If someone has another solution to protect this area please let me know. Already losing paint on the playfield.

Can you post a pic?

#3696 5 years ago

Got my TNA (sn: 430) last week and now temporarily abandoned my other machines! TNA is a brilliant game, although infuriating to say the least. I've got it set to a five-ball game and still haven't got passed destroying reactor 4. Looking forward to some real progress on that...

IMG_8462 (resized).JPGIMG_8462 (resized).JPGIMG_8496 (resized).JPGIMG_8496 (resized).JPG
#3697 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You are already through the clearcoat and into paint?
-Mike

#3698 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Rascal_H i'd really like to see a picture of that so I can figure out a solution before it happens to mine. thanks.

Neil.

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Here ya go. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-tna-playfield-protectors-now-available

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

rascal_h i'd really like to see a picture of that so I can figure out a solution before it happens to mine. thanks.
Neil.

There shouldn’t be white in front of this post, correct? From all the pictures I can find it’s solid black in this area.The post on the other side looks like the art is raised slightly in front of the post. If I had to guess it’s not so much from ball impact as it is tightening down the star post really hard... maybe on a playfield that wasn’t fully cured? I’m no expert... just kinda sucks.
4668F710-8DC1-42FF-B3BA-571CEABE8FB4 (resized).jpeg4668F710-8DC1-42FF-B3BA-571CEABE8FB4 (resized).jpeg

A4D71ACA-6E82-4690-9738-F5626A92B897 (resized).jpegA4D71ACA-6E82-4690-9738-F5626A92B897 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,939 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/74?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.