(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 239.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

How did you avoid the top of the LCD cutout on the speaker panel from blocking the top of the LCD? That's the main problem I ran into when I tried this.

Mine’s not too extreme to block out the view on the top text of the screen but I guess you could always lower the display a bit to fit the new viewing angle using alternative screw points in the LCD if you feel the need to.
Or, just not use bottom spacers and let the fins of the display bend just enough to match the new angle.
I’m 6ft and I tend to play with knees bent and slightly hunched anyway so I didn’t feel like it needed much more than what I did.

After all,
It’s not like we’re trying to watch a 4K movie here.

You don’t need a 45 degree crazy angle to moderately improve the player’s view over the factory flush mount.

Unless of course, you’re Todd MacCulloch...

#3452 5 years ago

Anybody know what number Spooky is shipping?

#3453 5 years ago

Had mine just a few days, really having a lot of fun with it! Great game. So far destroyed 3 reactors

#3454 5 years ago

^ Still waiting on mine. Late fall they said bit I am not thinking that is going to happen. What was your order number?

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Had mine just a few days, really having a lot of fun with it! Great game. So far destroyed 3 reactors

Total?

#3456 5 years ago

#258 just arrived a couple of days ago. It was ordered early December. Yes, the wait was long, and yes... it is very worth it.

Drop target #1 needed a little tweaking, sub was just a bit too much for my home, and right flipper was slightly out of adjustment. All pretty simple fixes that I have come to expect with new pinball. God knows the other big guys in town I have bought from have had their share of tweaks required.

The game is incredible guys. It has the most diabolical "one more game" factor of any I have played.

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

It has the most diabolical "one more game" factor of any I have played.

I completely agree with this. Iron Man is up there too, but I think TNA may take the cake.

The pin is so addictive, to me it is a perfect pin to have in a *small* collection since you want to keep playing it over and over and over...

#3458 5 years ago

Totally agree with the "just one more game". I look at it and think what a simple layout and rule set - I can beat this. But yet just keeps crushing my ego lol. In most cases my ball time is short so I have plenty of opportunities to play within a 15 min window.
TNA took my paragon slot in the line up and I have yet to look back and question my decision. Thanks again Scott and Charlie for bringing this game to the community.

#3459 5 years ago

Noticing some strange behavior with my TNA.
sometimes, in attract mode the screen and lights freeze up. (reset usually fixes this)
some lights In game aren't the right color, but test out fine. (reset usually fixes this)
I just had the game award a multiball with only one ball locked (first time I've ever seen that, maybe a drop target switch issue?)
some of the sounds in game get cut off pre-emptively (don't ever remember this happening before)

hoping all I need to do is reload the latest, just curious if anyone else had these issues and what they found to resolve them.

I actually had a USB cable stop working for the LED displays, it was weird because that same cable worked for the backbox lighting.
tried 3 different spare USB cables before I found one that corrected that issue.

Seems like signs that the CPU board might be going out, lot of glitchy stuff going on.
Where can you buy one of these anyway, didn't see it on the pinballlife website.

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Noticing some strange behavior with my TNA.
sometimes, in attract mode the screen and lights freeze up. (reset usually fixes this)
some lights In game aren't the right color, but test out fine. (reset usually fixes this)
I just had the game award a multiball with only one ball locked (first time I've ever seen that, maybe a drop target switch issue?)
some of the sounds in game get cut off pre-emptively (don't ever remember this happening before)
hoping all I need to do is reload the latest, just curious if anyone else had these issues and what they found to resolve them.
I actually had a USB cable stop working for the LCD displays, it was weird because that same cable worked for the backbox lighting.
tried 3 different spare USB cables before I found one that corrected that issue.
Seems like signs that the CPU board might be going out, lot of glitchy stuff going on.
Where can you buy one of these anyway, didn't see it on the pinballlife website.

I would recommend contacting spooky's service email. [email protected].

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I would recommend contacting spooky's service email. [email protected].

will do.
figured it wouldn't hurt to reach out first.
besides the multiball thing, it hasn't affected gameplay so I've kind of let the other issues slide (they were infrequent).

is that board listed on your site, couldn't find it.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

will do.
figured it wouldn't hurt to reach out first.
besides the multiball thing, it hasn't affected gameplay so I've kind of let the other issues slide (they were infrequent).
is that board listed on your site, couldn't find it.

All good, Pinball Life does not sell the CPU. You will have to reach out to Spooky for that, but I doubt that is the issue. Does your game take a while to start up? If so, the HDMI cable on the screen is not pushed in all the way on the CPU or the LCD screen. I know, I know, that sounds not feasible, but it actually happened a couple times I have seen. Super weird behavior. As for the LEDs being the wrong color, since a restart fixes it, it is either a loose power or loose serial cable on the PD-LED board that the troubled lights are hooked to. I would put it in attract mode and wiggle the power connector and serial cable that is connected to the green LED (PD-LED) board that is causing the issues and see if you can get it to flake out.

Also, please make sure you have the latest software installed. The latest as of right now is v1.2.1. Thanks!

--Scott

#3463 5 years ago

All good, Pinball Life does not sell the CPU. You will have to reach out to Spooky for that, but I doubt that is the issue. Does your game take a while to start up? If so, the HDMI cable on the screen is not pushed in all the way on the CPU or the LCD screen. I know, I know, that sounds not feasible, but it actually happened a couple times I have seen. Super weird behavior. As for the LEDs being the wrong color, since a restart fixes it, it is either a loose power or loose serial cable on the PD-LED board that the troubled lights are hooked to. I would put it in attract mode and wiggle the power connector and serial cable that is connected to the green LED (PD-LED) board that is causing the issues and see if you can get it to flake out.
Also, please make sure you have the latest software installed. The latest as of right now is v1.2.1. Thanks!
--Scott

When I first got the game I had some contact issues with the HDMI cable and 3.5 connector, but the screen was not working so it was pretty obvious something was wrong with one or both.
Never would of dawned on me that, that might be the issue for this.
I'll give it a shot when I'm back there tomorrow,
appreciate it.

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The pin is so addictive, to me it is a perfect pin to have in a *small* collection since you want to keep playing it over and over and over...

My pinball machine collection has gotten much smaller since I acquired TNA. And so has the desire to add any of the other "newer" games.

#3465 5 years ago

Wanted to clarify some thing on the rules.

When the reactor is active and the ball in the upper PF what is required to overcharge the reactor (stand up targets and/or roll over lanes?) is there a pattern or some shots that are more valuable?.

Once the reactor reaches maximum it's ready to collect, is there a way to raise the value (aside from the multiball PF multiplier?). Example: DI once the phone is activated to 100% subsequent electric man hits will increase the value of mode shots. I was curious if each reactor was static value or able to be added to by certain means?

Are there any combo awards (repeat loops?).

How is super spinner qualified?

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wanted to clarify some thing on the rules.
When the reactor is active and the ball in the upper PF what is required to overcharge the reactor (stand up targets and/or roll over lanes?) is there a pattern or some shots that are more valuable?.
Once the reactor reaches maximum it's ready to collect, is there a way to raise the value (aside from the multiball PF multiplier?). Example: DI once the phone is activated to 100% subsequent electric man hits will increase the value of mode shots. I was curious if each reactor was static value or able to be added to by certain means?
Are there any combo awards (repeat loops?).
How is super spinner qualified?

I'm not sure I can answer all 100%, but here goes.

1) You overheat the reactor by completing switches in the reactor, mostly your lanes and slings. I'd assume targets too, but it's harder to tell when those are hit and I haven't really paid that much attention. Oh, the spinner also advances your overheating value.

2) First, I just want to clarify that there is the reactor overheating value and reactor jackpot value. You must complete the reactor overheating before the random shot(s) will be lit to destory the reactor. So with that in mind, I assume you are talking about the reactor jackpot. You can collect it without it being maximized, but you can't increase it beyond the maximum value. That's one of the advantages with advancing through the reactors. Each one has a higher maximum value. I guess you could shoot to complete the target bank to collect more points, but I don't think that would be a good risk reward use of your efforts.

3) There are combos for repeat orbits.

4) Super Spinner is based on number of spins of the spinner. Lube it up to make it easier on yourself, because shooting the spinner is very satisfying.

#3467 5 years ago

Anyone wondering on build numbers, they are shipping 320s this week. I'm in the 340s and just had to send my payment for shipment in the next 30 days. IT'S COMING!

#3468 5 years ago

Im in the 330's and got an email, but not asking for payment, just asking on confirmation on build add-ons

#3469 5 years ago

My game shipped yesterday #385 butter edition

#3470 5 years ago

Anyone else have a drop target 3 down error? The target drops just fine during game play but if the game tries to drop it, the solenoid goes off for it but the target doesn’t drop. Solutions?

Also, some of the Star posts have a peeling piece of circlular Mylar under them. I’m assuming this was something used during production that doesn’t need to be there now.

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Anyone else have a drop target 3 down error? The target drops just fine during game play but if the game tries to drop it, the solenoid goes off for it but the target doesn’t drop. Solutions?

I'd check the spring on the drop target assembly, maybe it came off somehow? Also check for any binding when the target moves up and down.

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Also, some of the Star posts have a peeling piece of circlular Mylar under them. I’m assuming this was something used during production that doesn’t need to be there now.

The way this works is as follows.

Cpu sends the signal to the release coil to drop the target. Then the cpu looks for the target down switch to confirm it is down. If it does not see that switch then it gives the error. That is the only way this error comes up. Try adjusting the switch to make a more solid hit. Otherwise it is possible you have a flaky switch.

Hope that helps.

#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Go into the drop target test in the service menu and check if it is working there properly. If not, look at it physically and make sure it is not pulled back too far from the mech overall. You can also increase the pulse length slightly.
--Scott

#3474 5 years ago

Go into the drop target test in the service menu and check if it is working there properly. If not, look at it physically and make sure it is not pulled back too far from the mech overall. You can also increase the pulse length slightly.
--Scott

I took a closer look at it and it seems like that last target needs a harder push for it to drop than the other two, like it’s spring loaded more. In the test mode the target drops correctly maybe 20% of the time tops. I did bump up the strength of the pulse (from 30 to 39 i believe) but that didn’t seem to affect it much.

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I took a closer look at it and it seems like that last target needs a harder push for it to drop than the other two, like it’s spring loaded more. In the test mode the target drops correctly maybe 20% of the time tops. I did bump up the strength of the pulse (from 30 to 39 i believe) but that didn’t seem to affect it much.

You may have to tweak it by bending the little silver tab that holds the brass finger away from the coil. If the brass finger is too far from the drop target, the coil may not be able to pull it in. Just reduce the gap to the coil slightly.
--Scott

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3476 5 years ago

You may have to tweak it by bending the little silver tab that holds the brass finger away from the coil. If the brass finger is too far from the drop target, the coil may not be able to pull it in. Just reduce the gap to the coil slightly.
--Scott

So should I make the brass finger closer to the coil or the drop target? Sounds like you are saying it needs to be closer to the target but then it says reduce gap to the coil. Thanks for your help! Great job on this game!

#3477 5 years ago

I would like my beacon brighter.
Bright enough that the neighbors think I have a real reactor in my basement.
I tried swapping out the 89 filiment bulb it came with to a Cointaker LED “flat 8” just to see what it would look like. It was a lot dimmer- even dimmer than that type LED normally is.
Anyone have a solution for me?
Thanks

#3479 5 years ago

This is what I was thinking about trying, just wondering if anyone has tried one.
I am concerned that the above LED will not work, as the one LED I tried was very dim- it was as if the socket voltage was not typical for a 89.

#3480 5 years ago

Got mine from Amazon and works great! Will look for part number and post it....

#3481 5 years ago

Put a volt meter on the socket, see what it's outputting?

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Put a volt meter on the socket, see what it's outputting?

12vdc.

#3484 5 years ago

Use this, it will blow your mind.
amazon.com link »

I ordered these a few weeks ago. They make a huge difference.

#3485 5 years ago

Any new bulb that can make the beacon brighter than the previous options is always worth a try!
Ordered!
Thanks Scott!

#3486 5 years ago

I have joined the club.

There is a typo on the instruction card. I just checked Scott's website, and the digital file there still has the typo. "Destroy" is spelled "Destory"

I forgot how amazing this game is. I played it on location before ordering, but I hadn't played it since.

#3487 5 years ago

This game is amazing in part because destory is so compelling.

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This game is amazing in part because destory is so compelling.

#3489 5 years ago

amazon.com link »

Is it the 1157 size we need?

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Is it the 1157 size we need?

Confirmed....1157 is the one!

#3491 5 years ago

TnA #326 in the house I'll post powdercoat pictures soon

20180904_181113 (resized).jpg20180904_181113 (resized).jpg20180904_181143 (resized).jpg20180904_181143 (resized).jpg20180904_181321 (resized).jpg20180904_181321 (resized).jpg20180921_114312 (resized).jpg20180921_114312 (resized).jpg
#3492 5 years ago

Dumb question what's the best slope to gave this pin at?

#3494 5 years ago

Boom!! This gloomy weather doesnt showcase this finish like it should. If your interested hit me up. short turn around

20180922_182138 (resized).jpg20180922_182138 (resized).jpg20180922_182145 (resized).jpg20180922_182145 (resized).jpg20180922_182201 (resized).jpg20180922_182201 (resized).jpg20180922_182243 (resized).jpg20180922_182243 (resized).jpg20180922_184003 (resized).jpg20180922_184003 (resized).jpg20180922_184011 (resized).jpg20180922_184011 (resized).jpg20180922_184128 (resized).jpg20180922_184128 (resized).jpg20180922_184327 (resized).jpg20180922_184327 (resized).jpg20180922_184337 (resized).jpg20180922_184337 (resized).jpg20180922_184344 (resized).jpg20180922_184344 (resized).jpg20180922_184352 (resized).jpg20180922_184352 (resized).jpg20180922_184356 (resized).jpg20180922_184356 (resized).jpg20180922_184402 (resized).jpg20180922_184402 (resized).jpg
#3495 5 years ago

Oh yeah, it’s offically Keanu “Whoa!”
8D5AAE1A-8C6C-4955-83D4-ED0831851884 (resized).jpeg8D5AAE1A-8C6C-4955-83D4-ED0831851884 (resized).jpegA9AD0C42-09AA-4469-96C5-30DB26555E79 (resized).jpegA9AD0C42-09AA-4469-96C5-30DB26555E79 (resized).jpeg

7F2F085B-4E5D-4438-A10E-3E037B14EFB1 (resized).jpeg7F2F085B-4E5D-4438-A10E-3E037B14EFB1 (resized).jpeg
#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Oh yeah, it’s offically Keanu “Whoa!”
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now that's what I'm talking about. I bought and received one yesterday as well, so I guess I need to get it installed.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Boom!! This gloomy weather doesnt showcase this finish like it should. If your interested hit me up. short turn around

That looks really good! You should have done the speaker grilles, too.

#3498 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

That looks really good! You should have done the speaker grilles, too.

It's on my list I just cant decide pink or purple

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Confirmed....1157 is the one!

I ran into one small issue. The retaining bumps on the sides are offset, so one of them didn't line up. I clipped it off, and is working great now. Finally, a beacon that is bright enough.

20180923_122922 (resized).jpg20180923_122922 (resized).jpg
#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I ran into one small issue. The retaining bumps on the sides are offset, so one of them didn't line up. I clipped it off, and is working great now. Finally, a beacon that is bright enough.
[quoted image]

do your neighbours think you now have a reactor in your basement?

(yes I have ordered one also!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/70?hl=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.