(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 239.
#3301 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I have not noticed this, but I don't get very many drains from the scoop either.

You could check it manually by putting the ball into the scoop with your hand right as the regular ball saver turns off, and see if the scoop ball saver starts. I'm guessing it won't.

There appears to be something in the code that prevents the scoop ball save from starting if the regular ball saver is still running when the ball enters the scoop (even if there is less than a second remaining when it enters).

#3302 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You could check it manually by putting the ball into the scoop with your hand right as the regular ball saver turns off, and see if the scoop ball saver starts. I'm guessing it won't.
There appears to be something in the code that prevents the scoop ball save from starting if the regular ball saver is still running when the ball enters the scoop (even if there is less than a second remaining when it enters).

possibly, I'm sure that TheNoTrashCougar is watching the thread and can maybe look into it.

#3303 5 years ago

saw a TNA with pinstadium lights on it. It looked really bad

#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

saw a TNA with pinstadium lights on it. It looked really bad

It looked beyond bad! Completely ruined the light show and definitely changed the the intent of the designer.
Wish people would have just a little respect for the vision of a design team or in this case, the one man design team.
Color bombing and now washing out an entire light show with this stick on lighting crap should be means for getting kicked in the taint and having all your pins taken away

#3305 5 years ago

If you're talking about the Pinburgh TNA, it's because of the overhead camera & stream. As someone watching from home, I appreciated the extra light on all the stage games.

#3306 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If you're talking about the Pinburgh TNA, it's because of the overhead camera & stream. As someone watching from home, I appreciated the extra light on all the stage games.

I wish I could get an honest answer on the impact of these on the streaming, but unfortunately with it being a sponsorship deal it would be perceived as biased regardless.

Those cameras they were using were no joke. Maybe the extra lighting help, but I also imagine they have pretty good low light quality.

Watching at pinburgh, some of the games the lighting looked inconsistent. Bright at the edges and gradient towards the middle, which seemed darker. But maybe this was better than without them.

They had them set on a very yellow light setting, so they were not super bright and washing things out. I talked to players that said they liked them in the finals.

#3307 5 years ago

Is everybody that is putting in the rail lighting getting it from hooked on pinball?

#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Is everybody that is putting in the rail lighting getting it from hooked on pinball?

I did and was very glad that I did. Robert is good people and a pinball guy as well. He went out of his way to help me when I needed help even though it wasn't something he was responsible for. His kit is an excellent product, it is the one on Scott D's machine, simple to install and looks great. Buy with confidence.

#3309 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:Is everybody that is putting in the rail lighting getting it from hooked on pinball?

Yes sir. They look great and are easy to install.

#3310 5 years ago

Still do not understand swapping the screen out. It looks cool with the low-fi washed out 80’s VHS Rez look. Kinda fits the theme? The only screen I would flip the current out with would be a Mini CRT. That would be best mod ever.

#3311 5 years ago

The nice thing about mods is they allow the owner to customize as they choose. None are mandatory

#3312 5 years ago

Come on #250! Only weeks away me thinks!

#3313 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Still do not understand swapping the screen out. It looks cool with the low-fi washed out 80’s VHS Rez look. Kinda fits the theme? The only screen I would flip the current out with would be a Mini CRT. That would be best mod ever.

Screen!?!??! I though we were calling them televisions now??!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/television-vs-dmd

#3314 5 years ago

Instead of concentrating solely on advancing towards the next reactor, I concentrated more on scoring points during MB. I scored a bunch of 4x jackpots on two different MBs which had a big impact on my overall score. I had just barely breached the 5 million point mark less than a week earlier for the first time, then today this

IMG_3054 (resized).jpegIMG_3054 (resized).jpeg
#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I scored a bunch of 4x jackpots on two different MBs which had a big impact on my overall score.

Nicely done. This had a big impact on my overall sense of skill and worth as a player haha, I'm gonna go jump in a lake now or something... thanks a lot

#3316 5 years ago

I should add that I did start reactor 6, so I got the second extra ball.

#3317 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I should add that I did start reactor 6, so I got the second extra ball.

Note to self: start reactor six.

#3318 5 years ago

Note to self: put rubber bands across outlanes.

#3319 5 years ago

Did anyone run into a game reset issue when pressing the start button after changing the setting for the in/out lanes ball save progress kept between ball to "no"?
I had the issue on the 1.2.0 and same on the 1.2.1 it seems?

#3320 5 years ago

When I turn on the machine and start a two player game, two balls are served up. This only happens on the first game after turning the machine on. All subsequent games serve up balls correctly. The way I fix it for the first game is I crash the game by going into the menu system and back out, then drain the balls and start a new two player game.
Anyone else have this double ball on boot thing going on?

#3321 5 years ago

@herg, thanks for the LED diffuser!

#3322 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

@herg, thanks for the LED diffuser!

Just ordered a set from him too. I'm usually not a speaker light guy, but this kit seems to be especially suited for this game. Cant be said for any other game really.

#3323 5 years ago

How’s the game holding-up interest-wise for owners with a few other games alongside it for variety? i.e. 3~10 games.

I’d love one of these, and they’re not easy to buy in the U.K., but would find it hard to sell an existing game (as always!)

#3324 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

How’s the game holding-up interest-wise for owners with a few other games alongside it for variety? i.e. 3~10 games.
I’d love one of these, and they’re not easy to buy in the U.K., but would find it hard to sell an existing game (as always!)

In my 9 game collection it still stands out as the most unique game I own. Its hard, fast and fun. Easy to understand and hard to master. I have not had another game with this kind of "one more time" feel in a long time. Weather I play well or it kicks my butt I always smile and leave wanting more.

-Jim

#3325 5 years ago

I’ve had mine since January and it still (by far ) gets the most plays out of any other game in my house .

#3326 5 years ago

It still gets the most plays after a couple months and I fly solo. If you love it after a few plays you’ll love it long time. Guess it depends on how you feel about simple solid state games. Luckily it clicked with me and I bought it going in blind.

#3327 5 years ago

Probably a bit biased asking about TNA fun factor in the club thread

#3328 5 years ago

almost 12 months on route now and still holding strong. Heck, another hobby operator put a 2nd one just 2 blocks down the road and it did not even make a dent in the coin drop of mine.

#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

almost 12 months on route now and still holding strong. Heck, another hobby operator put a 2nd one just 2 blocks down the road and it did not even make a dent in the coin drop of mine.

2 reasons: 1st TNA is awesome, 2nd Alt Brew has delicious beer. Going there today after work actually! I'll be dropping a few coins in TNA even though I have one at home

#3330 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

2 reasons: 1st TNA is awesome, 2nd Alt Brew has delicious beer. Going there today after work actually! I'll be dropping a few coins in TNA even though I have one at home

cool, I may see you there depending on timing.

#3331 5 years ago

Holds up well in my 6 game collection.

#3332 5 years ago

Even when I'm not playing it, it's still pretty easy on the eyes. I had considered letting it go, but I think that's just a summer thing. I haven't been playing much of any of them.

Come those long cold California winter nights, I'm sure it will get plenty of action again.

What I really like is this thing has a tank on the backglass, and I like tanks.

#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Probably a bit biased asking about TNA fun factor in the club thread

Perhaps a biased opinion is what i’m looking for to convince me

#3334 5 years ago

Perhaps a biased opinion is what i’m looking for to convince me

Are you sure you aren't already convinced? They will be producing this game for at least another year or more. No rush. You will get to play it at festivals and arcades and your friends houses. In another year or so, when you are ready to buy there will be several for sale some maybe even in the UK so you will be able to save a little scratch. Or if money is no object go ahead an order it today. Do it now! Now! NOW! Even if you hate it you will get most of your cash back when you sell it.

#3336 5 years ago

So far so good in my 5 game collection; the rules aren't complicated but the game is tough with an unparalleled light and sound show. The co-op and team vs also really give it a little extra longevity and make it a favorite when several people are playing.

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Come those long cold California winter nights, I'm sure it will get plenty of action again.

cold Califormia winter nights??????? come out here for a visist in Feb. We will show you cold

#3338 5 years ago

Finally updated the code last night. So far adding the timed challenge seems to make me play a whole lot worse. A great addition, but I need to just let those destruction times happen. When I'm rushing, I play terribly.

#3339 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

cold Califormia winter nights??????? come out here for a visist in Feb. We will show you cold

In O-Din’s defense KT,
He DID have to throw some socks on under his Rainbow sandals when the temps dropped below 52F.
AD2EFDCD-54EF-45BA-BC88-21800CB27D0F (resized).jpegAD2EFDCD-54EF-45BA-BC88-21800CB27D0F (resized).jpeg

#3340 5 years ago

See how cold it gets?

#3341 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Ha when I visited CA in February. They thought we were crazy looking for the pool at night. It was a balmy 55 degrees low overnight.

#3342 5 years ago

#218 is scheduled to be delivered this afternoon! From what I understand I may need to adjust the scoop, monitor settings, and slingshot power settings. Any other tips for a fresh out of the box setup?

#3343 5 years ago

Box of Kleenex for when it makes you realize what a terrible player you actually are! I’ve gone through a couple

Oh, and make sure it’s correctly leveled and not pitched too low or it’s gonna be drain city in the outlanes!

#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Oh, and make sure it’s correctly leveled and not pitched too low or it’s gonna be drain city in the outlanes!

Good point. Steeper is better! Most of my Sterns have the level bubble split in half by the top black line. Iron Maiden is the only recent Stern I've played where standard pitch feels the best.

#3345 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Box of Kleenex for when it makes you realize what a terrible player you actually are! I’ve gone through a couple

What is level for this game? 6.5 degrees? I remember reading that all auto-levelers up is automatically level on this game, is that true?

#3346 5 years ago

I'm have trouble with my speaker light kit. The purple isn't showing up on one of the rings while the other does. Also when it turns red, only a few LEDs on the bottom light up. Has anyone else had did problem? Just doing the install today.

#3347 5 years ago

I got these lighted side rails from hooked on pinball, but there is shit for instructions on their site .

Am I supposed to rip the glue out of these buttons?

976B5479-E058-489A-82F9-29EF3D58CC4C (resized).jpeg976B5479-E058-489A-82F9-29EF3D58CC4C (resized).jpeg
#3348 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm have trouble with my speaker light kit. The purple isn't showing up on one of the rings while the other does. Also when it turns red, only a few LEDs on the bottom light up. Has anyone else had did problem? Just doing the install today.

It's the red that's not coming through to make purple, as most of the reds dont light up...you can see the couple of lights that do work on the left
20180810_195328 (resized).jpg20180810_195328 (resized).jpg20180810_195330 (resized).jpg20180810_195330 (resized).jpg

20180810_195552 (resized).jpg20180810_195552 (resized).jpg
#3349 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got these lighted side rails from hooked on pinball, but there is shit for instructions on their site .
Am I supposed to rip the glue out of these buttons?[quoted image]

Yep. Clean all that out, remove the old buttons, and install away. No real need to put the glue back in I don't think. Mine have been fine without it.

#3350 5 years ago

Just fired it up, it has no sound. SpookyKT or SpookyCharlie any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.