(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 239.
#3251 5 years ago

#451 - Let the waiting commence Probably won't be as long as my P3 at least!

#3252 5 years ago

Have the sales past 500 yet?

#3253 5 years ago

My guess is no, but that was my guess at the total sales several years ago. SpookyCharlie Did my guess ever make the white board? I remember at the time 500 was considered a very optimistic guess.

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I just swapped my LCD with the LG panel in this thread. You have to swap both the screen and lcd control board since the resolution is different.
It’s better but still disappointing. The viewing angle still greys it out, and blacks still suck. It’s better than stock but not worth the effort imo.
Hoping someone links to a better panel.
I tuned the settings best I could. The lg panel just pretty much sucks.

Something doesn’t sound right... the swap gave me a night and day difference

#3255 5 years ago

I put a new screen in without ever looking at the original. I love it. Is it better than stock? I will never know

#3256 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My guess is no, but that was my guess at the total sales several years ago. spookycharlie Did my guess ever make the white board? I remember at the time 500 was considered a very optimistic guess.

I guessed over 1,000 , I hope spooky can keep building these for years to come . This game could very well keep employees at spooky working between new tittle releases .

#3257 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

#189 is home and playing brutal as expected. What an addicting game!

Glad your are enjoying my TNA. LOL!
Cheers!

#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Glad your are enjoying my TNA. LOL!
Cheers!

haha! I most certainly am. Stop by and play it if you're ever in the area!

#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I guessed over 1,000 , I hope spooky can keep building these for years to come . This game could very well keep employees at spooky working between new tittle releases .

Which would have been an even more optimistic number. I don't doubt it anymore.

#3260 5 years ago

#337 patiently waiting.

#3261 5 years ago

#412 here. Thinking early 2019

15300696414498814755597474023398 (resized).jpg15300696414498814755597474023398 (resized).jpg
#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Something doesn’t sound right... the swap gave me a night and day difference

Have the link for the panel you used? Maybe there are variations.

#3263 5 years ago

#452 going to be a long 2018. 1st of year for me. I am excited.

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Have the link for the panel you used? Maybe there are variations.

Here is what I bought off of Ebay:
Lg Philips Lp156wf1(tl)(b2) Replacement LAPTOP LCD Screen 15.6 LED(LP156WF1-TLB2
ebay.com link: ws

You are welcome to come over and see what mine looks like. To see if there is any difference.

#3266 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Come on #223!!!!

Yay!

2B972519-D4B9-4F42-A5D8-B5DADB4FA3F2 (resized).png2B972519-D4B9-4F42-A5D8-B5DADB4FA3F2 (resized).png
#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Its supposed to be like that.
It's the 80's look Scott was trying to achieve.

It's supposed to have a terrible viewing angle?

I don't think so...

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think so...

Maybe yes, if it’s meant to emulate late 80s era. Ever watch a YouTube clip pulled from late 80s footage? Looks like crap.

#3269 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe yes, if it’s meant to emulate late 80s era. Ever watch a YouTube clip pulled from late 80s footage? Looks like crap.

Blacks and viewing angle, the two things that CRTs were superior
That said i can absolutely live with the TNA screen!

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

#452 going to be a long 2017. 1st of year for me. I am excited.

It's going to feel even longer when you realize you'll have to wait through 2018 also. The good news is that time travel may allow you jump forward a year.

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think so...

I don't have any issues with the viewing angle.

#3272 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

neither do i

logansrun02 (resized).jpglogansrun02 (resized).jpg
#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Good grief. 80's footage may look like crap but for God's sake, it has zero to do with viewing angle!

Quoted from Ben1981:

Blacks and viewing angle, the two things that CRTs were superior

lol Exactly!

Quoted from Toads:

It's a simple fact that the viewing angle on this particular screen sucks, whether you have an issue with it or not.

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

It's going to feel even longer when you realize you'll have to wait through 2018 also. The good news is that time travel may allow you jump forward a year.

LOL this is what happens when you order a pinball at work when you should be working. Now 2019 needs to get her soon.

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

#412 here. Thinking early 2019

I don’t understand why that outlet on the wall is horizontal? I’ve never seen anything like that.

#3276 5 years ago

Nice to see Scott signing autographs and taking photos with fans at replayfx. I was tempted to go up and thank him for the game when I saw him eating dinner, but decided to leave him to his ramen.

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t understand why that outlet on the wall is horizontal? I’ve never seen anything like that.

I think it looks better. I've built three houses in Illinois and the builder always did it thay way, so maybe I'm just used to it.

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Illinois thing, no idea why. I’ve never seen a normal one here. Sucks for anything designed vertical, like those outlet covers with built-in night lights.

#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It would be nice if Spooky would allow for new buyers to pay extra for improved lcd screen so we don’t have to throw out the old one and pay twice for an lcd.
It would be a bit extra work but so is butter cabinet option.
Ditto silent power supply.

If you find you don’t want the old screen I would be happy to take it for my home brew game I’m working on. This can be an expensive hobby, if I can get a smoking deal I would. If any of you guys have a screen and controller laying around. Shoot me a pm with a price. I would love to move away from the monitor I have.

#3280 5 years ago

I'm pretty crazy with quality screens..... Don't replace the screen before you try. Make sure you adjust the settings and you'll be fine. Believe me.

#3281 5 years ago

Turning a bunch of people on to TNA the past 2 weeks at Lyons Classic Pinball. We waited a week to add the target stickers and lighted side rails from Hooked on Pinball. Looked great for a few days then it quit. Both sides do not light so im guessing it is not the lighted panel's that are the prob, maybe the power brick? Anyone had an issue or have any ideas before i contact Hooked? I did make sure connector was seated good and checked on off switch on brick and spun the dial on brick as well. Thanks for any help in advance. TNA really is a fantastic game! All of you that are waiting prob all ready know it is worth the wait.

#3283 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

What number are you??

Looks like #223 since he quoted himself. I’m so close!

#3284 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Charlie said they opted for the panel they’re using because of availability. It just happens to be a really crappy panel.

Doesn’t really matter if it doesn’t bother you, but the upgrade radically boosts contrast and colors really pop.

#3285 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Charlie said they opted for the panel they’re using because of availability. It just happens to be a really crappy panel.
Doesn’t really matter if it doesn’t bother you, but the upgrade radically boosts contrast and colors really pop.

I myself don’t think it looks all that crappy. I appreciate Charlie keeping the BOM where it is. For the current 200 owners I only see about 5 here complaining about it. You are entitled to your opinion and have clearly stated it. Many many times. We get it and listened. Please replace your panel and let the other owners make their decisions. I see some complaining that doesn’t even have a game yet. And haven't had the opportunity to adjust the screen in their environment to make a educated decision.
I just checked my PM and apparently none of you that did replace it thought it garbage enough to offer one for sale to me cheap for my homebrew.

#3286 5 years ago

For those with the new screen what settings are you using?

#3287 5 years ago

I have my TNA and I installed the better LCD panel and YES it makes a pretty big difference, but the factory one is perfectly fine and this is a very 'EXTRA' mod.

Using factory settings on the new panel.

#3288 5 years ago

I'm using the factory screen and have no issues with it at all. Only change it AFTER you've changed the settings and still decide it's not good enough for your preference.

#3289 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

haha! I most certainly am. Stop by and play it if you're ever in the area!

I still may get one some day!

#3290 5 years ago

For the amount of time that you see the screen during play it is a non-issue.

In a dark room with the adjustments set to your liking it is fine.

To be fair other screen are better in regards to viewing angle but you would have to be picky in my opinion to replace.

To each there own. Mine stays stock.

#3291 5 years ago

Anyone else having double hits on the programming buttons on the inside of the coin door? When I hit the buttons once I often get a double hit and have to go back.

#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

You are welcome to come over and see what mine looks like. To see if there is any difference.

I ordered the same one.

After seeing the TNA at cax, mine does look somewhat better. I’d def be down to drop by and play some pinball sometime, and check it out.

#3293 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Using factory settings on the new panel.

Same here

#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think I found a bug when I was playing yesterday. I noticed that if the main ball saver is running down right as the ball goes into the scoop, the ball saver for the scoop does not overlap.
In other words, if the main ball save timer expires right as the ball goes into the scoop, there will be no ball timer as the ball exits the scoop. This happened to me twice yesterday resulting in drains from the scoop.

Is this not happening to anyone else?

I had it happen a couple more times over the weekend.

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is this not happening to anyone else?
I had it happen a couple more times over the weekend.

I have not noticed this, but I don't get very many drains from the scoop either.

#3296 5 years ago

Dumb question of the day...Is there any technique to help get the lock down bar to latch easier? I struggle with this on TNA more then any machine I've ever owned.

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Dumb question of the day...Is there any technique to help get the lock down bar to latch easier? I struggle with this on TNA more then any machine I've ever owned.

It's the same as bally Williams / stern / jjp. You will need to adjust the two brass screws under the lockdown bar. To make this easier I would remove the balls, stand the playfield up and then make your adjustments. That way you can see what you are doing.

#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Anyone else having double hits on the programming buttons on the inside of the coin door? When I hit the buttons once I often get a double hit and have to go back.

I have had this problem as well. i have also had it turn the volume up by itself after using the coin door buttons, i assume from vibrations during gameplay and the buttons being sensitive

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It's the same as bally Williams / stern / jjp. You will need to adjust the two brass screws under the lockdown bar. To make this easier I would remove the balls, stand the playfield up and then make your adjustments. That way you can see what you are doing.

Hmm...I've never adjusted one before. Thanks.

#3300 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I ended up cutting the "teeth" of the lock bar some to it could engage cleanly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/66?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.