(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 239.
#3201 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just don't want the general public to think this is a MUST

Good call.

The BM66 thread is the worst for this! Sticking different plastic pieces and cars everywhere are MUST HAVE MODS!! My bm66 has no mods at all, and it’s 100% sweet as it came out of the box

Just a bugbear of mine ...

rd

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good call.
The BM66 thread is the worst for this! Sticking different plastic pieces and cars everywhere are MUST HAVE MODS!! My bm66 has no mods at all, and it’s 100% sweet as it came out of the box
Just a bugbear of mine ...
rd

Only must have mod I’ve installed is bicycle girl light on my TWD Prem.

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The light strips plug into the supplied power brick. The brick then plugs into J10.

I dont seem to have a supplied power brick?

#3204 5 years ago

I’m glad I swapped the fan in my psu. As I share the room with a PC and VR. Was pretty painless.

But yah depends on the situation and person.

I also have a new LCD and yet to install it.

#3205 5 years ago

Lyons Classic pinball just became a member of the club. This thing is sweet! Thank you Spooky! Available to be played by the public Thursday.

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Lyons Classic pinball just became a member of the club. This thing is sweet! Thank you Spooky! Available to be played by the public Thursday.

Sweet, Kevin!

Yet another reason to go to Lyons Classic Pinball.

rd

#3207 5 years ago

my spike games are no where near as loud as my TNA was and the Spike games only come on periodically. The screen I agree is optional but the PSU in my view isn't but each to their own.

#3208 5 years ago

Anybody ever have an issue with their BEACON Not Working? Mine won't work in attract mode or any other time. I did test it and the beacon stutters to move and very minimal blinking. I am not even sure where to start to figure out what could be wrong. I also can not take off the screws due to not having the odd bit to take it out on the beacon.

#3209 5 years ago

Alas, it is my last day in the club. I only had it for a short time, but I have been on this ride since August. Now it's going to an enthusiastic person who will be getting their hands on their first Spooky game. Great job Scott, Charlie and the Spooky team. Shout out to KT who answered endless questions quickly and thoroughly.

20180718_211916 (resized).jpg20180718_211916 (resized).jpg

#3210 5 years ago

It's hard to believe you guys waited so long and paid up for this game, only to have it walk out the door so quickly.

#3211 5 years ago

I know. There's no way I could consider moving my TNA out at this point unless some sort of financial emergency hit me.

#3212 5 years ago

Until I get bored blowing reactor 9 all the time, I laugh at the possibility of ever selling my tna (and since I've only ever blown #5 in solo play I have a long ways to go). That being said, all games aren't for everyone, so that's cool too.

#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's hard to believe you guys waited so long and paid up for this game, only to have it walk out the door so quickly.

It’s a crazy hobby, I sold STLE and LotR which are both outstanding pins and pushed TNA back 200 spots but was able to buy Woz, DI and AFM LE instead.

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Mine was wrapped in the can koozie.

#3215 5 years ago

Crile considered selling his spot several times while waiting so I wasn't surprised that he was selling his game so soon. It's gonna be a loooong while before this game leaves my collection. Cant wait until Danesi #2 is announced.

#3216 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s a crazy hobby, I sold STLE and LotR which are both outstanding pins and pushed TNA back 200 spots but was able to buy Woz, DI and AFM LE instead.

Point being: you didn't own either of those two for a matter of months, a month, or less.

Selling isn't the point, nearly immediate selling of a pricey NIB is the point

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Point being: you didn't own either of those two for a matter of months, a month, or less.
Selling isn't the point, nearly immediate selling is the point

He moved back in TNA line because selling the spot could be done at a profit.

I have a feeling many of the people selling immediately are doing so because there is still profit to be made (great game, still currently limited supply vs demand and many are willing to pay a bit extra to get it now)

#3218 5 years ago

I got my email today for payment! I’m #216 if I remember correctly. (For anyone trying to make sense of the order).

#3219 5 years ago

66F44778-989D-4713-8FFB-875E8EF67611 (resized).jpeg66F44778-989D-4713-8FFB-875E8EF67611 (resized).jpeg

#3220 5 years ago

They are probably moving slow intentionally because what business wants to make money.

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

They are probably moving slow intentionally because what business wants to make money.

Their orders are locked in (non-refundable deposit and if you want out, you have to find someone to replace you).

It takes time to hire and train. Charlie wants controlled growth.

What else can we say about their production that hasn't been said a billion times at this point. If you can't wait, then pay the premium to buy an earlier spot or a pre-existing machine. Quite simple.

What's Dutch or Heighway doing these days?

#3222 5 years ago

If your waiting do like me and put the money aside in savings.
It's earning me money until I get the email to pay for mine, so no big deal.
I'm only about 160 units away at this point.

#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

If your waiting do like me and put the money aside in savings.
It's earning me money until I get the email to pay for mine, so no big deal.

I purchased DI LE and AFM LE to hold me over. AFM LE is nearly sold out or hard to find nib anymore. I know a thousand will be made, so it's not scarce. But I decided to grab two great pins while I wait.

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I purchased DI LE and AFM LE to hold me over. AFM LE is nearly sold out or hard to find nib anymore. I know a thousand will be made, so it's not scarce. But I decided to grab two great pins while I wait.

Same here. I ordered TNA, and to fill the craving for something new while I wait, I picked up DI, IMDN, a MAME, and now looking at a Super Chexx. TNA is costing me mucho dinero. lol.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Their orders are locked in (non-refundable deposit and if you want out, you have to find someone to replace you).
It takes time to hire and train. Charlie wants controlled growth.
What else can we say about their production that hasn't been said a billion times at this point. If you can't wait, then pay the premium to buy an earlier spot or a pre-existing machine. Quite simple.
What's Dutch or Heighway doing these days?

Sorry what I wrote was sarcasm and thought it was pretty obvious guess not. My mistake. Big fan of the whole Spooky team and the way they do business.

I already have mine with a butter cabinet. Hell I'm thinking about getting back in line to put a TNA in our office. Great game that gets at least 75% of the play in my lineup.

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Same here. I ordered TNA, and to fill the craving for something new while I wait, I picked up DI, IMDN, a MAME, and now looking at a Super Chexx. TNA is costing me mucho dinero. lol.

gliebig which are you having more fun with, DI or IMDN?

#3228 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

gliebig which are you having more fun with, DI or IMDN?

It was IMDN for a few weeks, now it's DI for a few. IMDN is fast/fun/"easy". DI kicks my ass 9/10 times, but that 10th time, when everything clicks, is great.

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hell I'm thinking about getting back in line to put a TNA in our office.

real lionmen get back in line for a 2nd one

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

real lionmen get back in line for a 2nd one

Nah. I just bought my second one the open market.

#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Nah. I just bought my second one the open market.

we can excuse that. Some people dont have the time to wait

#3232 5 years ago

I want one! My impatient ass can’t wait the 8-10 months for a new one

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got my email today for payment! I’m #216 if I remember correctly. (For anyone trying to make sense of the order).

I’m 223! Yay!

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m 223! Yay!

Woohoo! #225 checking in.

Kinda hoping they shut TNA down at #500 and Danesi game 2 is the next to be the ongoing build game.

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

If you don't like modding please don't click on link below If you do check out my TNA!
-Black side rails, speaker covers, legs, leg bolts, shooter assembly, and lock down bar
-Flipper buttons w/ purple lit trim
-Purple LED Shooter assembly, LED Legs, and underlights/Backlights
- TNA Pin-Gulp w/ purple Volcano Lite up
-Much improved speaker lite up inserts
-Lit up TNA Side rails
-Pinstadium lighting
-PDI Glass
-Mirror Pin Blades
-Target Decals
-Flipper decals
-Dark Purple flipper rubbers
-Custom TNA Shooter Rod
-Shaker
-Plastic Protectors
-Super Shiney Balls
-Of course 1 awesome power ball
**I always run a separate power supply to run my mods to not affect or burden the factory setup.**
**Mod makers I love you all for your ideas and hard work! Thanks for feeding my Moditis addiction lol
You rock!
PICS link below :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3s62ox23iilqxv7/AADMtOt-gD0fecwWrn4KiUOra?dl=0

alright guys.

Beatmaster, maker of the shooter housing light up.
after my list, i will have 3 more purple shooter housing light up available by the end of the week or early next week.
i don't do purple very often.

just like bladefury's pic.

thanks, bob.

Bladefury's TNA with legs and shooter housing light up (resized).jpgBladefury's TNA with legs and shooter housing light up (resized).jpg
#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

alright guys.
Beatmaster, maker of the shooter housing light up.
after my list, i will have 3 more purple shooter housing light up available by the end of the week or early next week.
i don't do purple very often.
just like bladefury's pic.
thanks, bob.

I’ll take a purple one and orange one if you have it

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I’ll take a purple one and orange one if you have it

pm sent.

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

vwallat99 The brick is the EL Inverter. It looks like this. Mine came tucked inside a drink coozie.

IMG_6510 (resized).jpgIMG_6510 (resized).jpg
#3239 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my spike games are no where near as loud as my TNA was and the Spike games only come on periodically. The screen I agree is optional but the PSU in my view isn't but each to their own.

My conclusion is the opposite. I currently have a Iron Maiden pro sitting next to my TNA and the difference in fan noise between the two is smaller than I thought (I thought TNA was quite a bit louder than my Aerosmith but I don't think this is true any longer).

The LCD screen on the other hand? Frankly the screen on TNA looks pretty bad on it's own, but when you have it next to Iron Maiden it *really* looks like crap. I consider the LCD screen to be the only real "miss" when it comes to TNA.

#3240 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My conclusion is the opposite. I currently have a Iron Maiden pro sitting next to my TNA and the difference in fan noise between the two is smaller than I thought (I thought TNA was quite a bit louder than my Aerosmith but I don't think this is true any longer).
The LCD screen on the other hand? Frankly the screen on TNA looks pretty bad on it's own, but when you have it next to Iron Maiden it *really* looks like crap. I consider the LCD screen to be the only real "miss" when it comes to TNA.

Interesting for sure. With that, are you planning on swapping the LCD for the different screen? I'm curious if you've done all the screen adjustments mentioned and it still looks bad by comparison?

#3241 5 years ago

Why would Spooky skimp on the screen that doesn’t make sense...has Spooky officially commented on the screen?

#3242 5 years ago

The screen is fine. It's a little washed out looking, sure, but the entire look of the game's graphics are static-filled imagery anyway. Part of it is that it sits lower and has a tight viewing angle, so the taller you are, the more washed it will look as well. In any case, there's no need to swap the screen, but I understand why someone would want to.

#3243 5 years ago

Its supposed to be like that.
It's the 80's look Scott was trying to achieve.

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Its supposed to be like that.
It's the 80's look Scott was trying to achieve.

I am planning on swapping mine out for a CRT.

#3245 5 years ago

I just swapped my LCD with the LG panel in this thread. You have to swap both the screen and lcd control board since the resolution is different.

It’s better but still disappointing. The viewing angle still greys it out, and blacks still suck. It’s better than stock but not worth the effort imo.

Hoping someone links to a better panel.

I tuned the settings best I could. The lg panel just pretty much sucks.

#3246 5 years ago

It would be nice if Spooky would allow for new buyers to pay extra for improved lcd screen so we don’t have to throw out the old one and pay twice for an lcd.

It would be a bit extra work but so is butter cabinet option.

Ditto silent power supply.

#3247 5 years ago

LCD screen does what it's supposed to do. This game doesn't even need it. I did adjust the contrast, brightness, gamma, and few other settings which helped dramatically.

#3248 5 years ago

Hey Guys and Gals,
The graphics have a CRT emulator effect on them and are full of glitches and purposely washed out. We tried to make it look like it was a dirty video transmission from Scarlet's arm computer. Could the screen have a better viewing angle? Probably, but I did not think it was worth the additional money on the BOM as we really had to keep the retail price under 6k. The higher def screens you guys are buying are old stock and no longer produced and are the same ones that ColorDMD used. I wish they still made those screens as I really liked the viewing angle, but they are not an option for production at this time. Other options are available in different form factors, but making a production change is not a good idea. Hope that helps clarify.
--Scott

#3249 5 years ago

Hell the entire screen could have been left out and the game would still be great.

#3250 5 years ago

The power supply fan noise and LCD are non-issues for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/65?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.