(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 239.
#3101 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Mine only seem to go purple, green (MB) and white.

Sounds like your red and blue are shorted to one another.

Quoted from moonduckie78:

My speaker lights only ever go blue, yellow, and white. Something not right.

Your red and green are shorted to one another.

#3102 5 years ago
#3103 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Sounds like your red and blue are shorted to one another.

Same here, not working correctly also.

0F388F46-E20B-42C7-B009-9FAD9ED12289.jpeg0F388F46-E20B-42C7-B009-9FAD9ED12289.jpeg405D15BD-8D49-495A-B59C-751328454536.jpeg405D15BD-8D49-495A-B59C-751328454536.jpeg

#3104 5 years ago

Setting up my TNA just now. How do I set the PSU to handle 220V instead of 110V?

#3105 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It seems like your right speaker has the red and green connections swapped.

It should be relatively easy for all of you guys to track down the issues, but I'm also betting if you just send Spooky support a message, they will get you a replacement.

#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

but I'm also betting if you just send Spooky support a message, they will get you a replacement.

Spooky support is great! They have been incredibly helpful working with me to correct some very minor issues. Light troubleshooting on your NIB pinball is the best way to learn about how it works 'under the hood'.

When I acquired my first pinball machine, I was TERRIFIED thinking about what would happen the first time something broke. That instance came pretty quickly, and with the help of tech support, youtube videos, and the Pinside community, NOT ONLY did I get my machine back up and running without much trouble, but I realized I was starting to learn things about electronics and mechanics. I started gaining the skills and confidence to fix things...simple machines around the house...that I didn't have the courage to attempt fixing previously. That was a great feeling. THEN I started having issues with a WOZ, and got the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in pinball repair.

And oh yeah.....I LOVE TNA. My four other pinball machines are really jealous right now. They look at me and say "What could you possibly see in her? She's so....so flat! You haven't touched us in ages. Come play with our TOYS! Come shoot at our RAMPS!" and I say "Nah....maybe tomorrow.".

#3107 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Setting up my TNA just now. How do I set the PSU to handle 220V instead of 110V?

There is a red switch on the back of the power supply inside the cabinet. You can see the switch without removing the power supply using a mirror (I ended up taking a photo of the mirror using my phone camera). You can also just remove the 4 screws and that will allow you to move the power supply and look at the switch more easily. If the switch is in the correct position it will show 220v in white on the red switch (if in the wrong position it shows 110v).

#3108 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

It seems like your right speaker has the red and green connections swapped.
It should be relatively easy for all of you guys to track down the issues, but I'm also betting if you just send Spooky support a message, they will get you a replacement.

I will take a look . Thx

#3109 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Where do you think this short might be located? On the driver board? On the LED strips? Possibly somewhere else?

#3110 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks - what colours have you seen your lighted speakers go?

Huh, now that mention it mine are locked on purple, and they only flash blue for maybe 1/24th of a second when a sling or reactor is hit. When I go into test mode and change all the GI color they stay locked on purple. Should the speaker lights also change wth the rest of the GI?

#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Huh, now that mention it mine are locked on purple, and they only flash blue for maybe 1/24th of a second when a sling or reactor is hit. When I go into test mode and change all the GI color they stay locked on purple. Should the speaker lights also change wth the rest of the GI?

Go into Coil Tests and scroll down to the RGB Output Red, Green and Blue tests. Test all 3. I'm going to guess yours flash purple for the Red and Blue tests, and Green works good. Right?

I'm in the same boat, except mine works good for Blue, but Red and Green flash yellow!

#3112 5 years ago

Go into Coil Tests and scroll down to the RGB Output Red, Green and Blue tests. Test all 3. I'm going to guess yours flash purple for the Red and Blue tests, and Green works good. Right?

I'm in the same boat, except mine works good for Blue, but Red and Green flash yellow!

Ah, OK so it sounds like the lights should always be purple and then just flash colors. I'll give that test a try tonight and report back, cheers.

#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

We recently changed the mounting on these... if anyone is experiencing an issue, email Kayte and she'll get you a replacement set right away.

Sorry! No excuses, just something we could have made better.

#3114 5 years ago

Ah, OK so it sounds like the lights should always be purple and then just flash colors. I'll give that test a try tonight and report back, cheers.

No. I don't think the lights should always be purple.
What i'm saying is that we might have similar problems.
But there IS a problem.

#3115 5 years ago

Where do you think this short might be located? On the driver board? On the LED strips? Possibly somewhere else?

My best guess would be at the LED strip, but without being able to get into it in person, I can't say for sure. If you disconnect the LED strip connector from the board, you can then use a meter to check for the short.

The lights are purple when the game is in attract, but like moonduckie78 says, the best place to know is in the RGB test. If each color lights up individually when it's supposed to, the combined colors will work as well.

#3116 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We recently changed the mounting on these... if anyone is experiencing an issue, email Kayte and she'll get you a replacement set right away.

Thanks, Charlie and Spooky I will email KT for the new part!

Thanks for awesome service!!!

#3117 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

RATING TNA MODS
I thought it would be fun to pull together a list of mods (and game additions) and rate them, if nothing but to help awaiting owners and future buyers decide what they might want to add to their games at the factory OR have waiting at home before their game is delivered. Just about 5 months ago, I told a few friends that "I was done dropping money on mods." That was – apparently – the kiss of death, because buying TNA has opened up the mod buying floodgates (in a great way, mind you). That isn't to say that every mod is necessary. But some, I believe, are essential to enhancing the game experience. I had quite a few installed at the factory, which was painlessly handled by my distributor Joe Newhart / pinballstar . Normally I'd just do it myself, but the fees were so low, it was easy to just have Spooky do the work. So, here it goes:
1) Shaker (Rating = 4.5/5)

I pre-purchased the shaker and had it sent to Spooky for installation at the factory. Cost was $99 plus shipping and few extra bucks to install (I believe Spooky charged $25 for shaker and knocker install together). Integration into the game is fantastic, adding a nice tactile touch to gameplay moments such as a low elongated rumble as the reactor awaits destruction, a massive shake when a reactor is destroyed (the latter of which is nice because a blown reactor can get lost in chaos of multiball... it's nice to have feedback that doesn't require looking at the LCD or listening for a call out), and a nice thud when the pop is activated. While the machine's powerful bass notes add some rumble, the shaker is a great addition IMO. Buy it.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4705
2) Upgrade LCD (Rating = 5/5)

My only disappoint with TNA (out of the box) was rather lackluster LCD screen performance. To put it lightly, the stock screen has poor off-axis viewing that leads to washed out colors and bad contrast. Blacks look like grays and the rest of the visual performance suffers. Much thanks to audihere who originally posted the parts necessary to upgrade to a better LCD experience, I took the plunge and purchased a new screen
(ebay.com link » Lg Philips Lp156wf1 Tl B2 Replacement Laptop Lcd Screen 15 6 Led Lp156wf1 Tlb2)
and driver board (ebay.com link » Hdmi Dvi Vga Audio Controller Board For 15 6 B156hw01 Lp156wf1 1920x1080 Lcd)
for a total investment of a tad over $100. I did have a few hiccups (the first screen shipped to me was DOA), but got everything worked out and the new screen is literally a night and day difference. Significantly deeper blacks and infinitely better saturation lend to graphics that look great and are easy to see. Pinks literally pop off the screen and important in-game information is much easier to read.
Here's a side-by-side comparison of the old versus new. I realize a camera image isn't the best way to convey this (it's much more impressive in person), but focus on the "A" in the upper left corner of the cassette tape.

Charlie at Spooky already addressed the screen issue (if you can call it that) by saying that Spooky had to purchase a screen that was available in large quantities. And, while the stock screen still gets information across, the upgraded screen is IMO an absolute must and it's easy to install. All you need is the new screen and driver board, a nut driver, small and large phillips screw drivers, electrical tape, and a comfort level with making wire connections. Of course, proceed at your own risk.
This is my top mod.
3) Rail Lights (Rating 3.5/5)

TNA rail lights are sold by Hooked on Pinball (https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod) and cost $105 plus shipping. They're super easy to install and look fantastic. They plug into an existing board located inside the back of the cabinet. If you're into bling, they're a must have...since they don't enhance game play, I only give them a 3.5/5. I'd buy them again, though... they look GREAT in person.
4) Mirror Blades aka Melt Down Mirrors (3.5/5)

Much like the Rail Lights, these custom blades (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4787) are all about the bling. They cost $70 and can be installed at the factory. I went the factory route and Spooky provided a flawless installation. I happen to be a big blade fan, but they aren't absolutely necessary to gameplay experience. They do, however, enhance the spaciousness of the playfield and the game's masterful lighting.
I initially had ordered the interior art blades... switched to mirror blades once they became available. Glad I did.
5) Speaker Lights/Grill Covers (3.5/5)

I purchased the lights/grills direct from Spooky and had them installed at the factory for $95 flat. Grills look great and the lights are integrated and interactive with the game's lighting, turning off/on and changing colors to reflect what's happening during game play. Very happy with the lights. Would purchase again. The lights are bumped down a tiny bit because they are directly visible and can be slightly harsh to the eye (seeing the individual LEDs)... but...
6) Light Diffusor (5/5)

LED OCD's ( herg )speaker light "Frosted Spacer" is just what the doctor ordered (http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=34) for making the game's unique speaker lights an enhanced experience. Installation requires dropping down the speaker/LCD panel and removing both speakers. You then remove two factory spacers and add the Frosted spacer. Voila! Instant smooth lighting. It takes away the harshness of direct LED viewing and creates a ringed glow. And for $15 plus shipping... it's an inexpensive mod that delivers as promised. It's a must buy if you go the light route.
7) Sac Rack (2.5/5)

The Sac Rack (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4706) is a total necessity if you're betting on games. It's a total non-necessity if you're not. It's design is great though and it's cheap $14.99 plus shipping (and you get 4 golden sacs with it). Huge shoutout to trilogybeer. Tip of the cap and I thank you, sir. I owe you one!!
8 ) Real Knocker (3/5)

A real knocker costs $35+ shipping and I had Spooky install it at the factory. I happen to like the THWACK of a real knocker... not a total essential though. For me, a must have.
9) Plastic Protectors (4/5)

The ball on TNA can really get moving (especially if you crank coil power on the pop or slings)... so logic would say that plastic protectors are a smart move. I had Spooky install an entire plastic protector set at the factory for $35. They're unobtrusive, well made, and seem to be doing their job thus far (knock on wood). Are they 100% necessary? Unknown... but my gut is saying yes (especially if you plan on putting the game out in public).
10) flashinstinct Decals (4/5)

Flash has hit another home run with his TNA decal set. They're dirt cheap – $21 through Mezel Mods (https://mezelmods.com/collections/total-nuclear-annihilation-pinball-mods) – and add a little more flair to standup and drop targets, top of the pop, etc.

I like them... I give them a 4/5 because they aren't "essential." But they're nice!! I'm hoping they hold up to the punishment of this game! So far, so good... but I'm expecting that the drop decals will wear over time. All in all, I like'm!!
11) Power Ball (5/5)

A week or so ago, mr68 glowingly posted about adding a single powerball and I liked the idea... you can read more complete thoughts about its impact, here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/55#post-4417207). I'm a big fan. Right now, that powerball is staying! The only downside is that power balls aren't cheap. You're looking at $50+ from both Marco and Pinball Life. But, if you're a glutton for punishment and want to add an extra level of brutality to your pin, buy one.
______________________________________________________________________________________
This is by no means a definitive list... I'm sure there are a few other mods/alterations out there. Of course, there's always tweaking game settings which owners can do for free (for me, just putting the game into "Hard" mode introduced a few nuances that made game play more fun). If anyone has anything to add... fire away!

Someone over in the production thread just posted this... Pinball Life has power balls on sale for $24.95.

That's basically 50% off what it was a few weeks back!

link: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1293

#3118 5 years ago

Just watched some gameplay videos, whoah they look really cool when they change colors! Thanks Charlie, just sent an email to KT for replacement set. You guys rock!

#3119 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Someone over in the production thread just posted this... Pinball Life has power balls on sale for $24.95.
That's basically 50% off what it was a few weeks back!
link: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1293

I just ordered a set for TNA. Thanks for the link!

#3120 5 years ago

Finally #206

TNA (resized).jpgTNA (resized).jpg
#3121 5 years ago

Congrats fnosm

My game has gone from Benton, to St Louis, to Memphis, and is now in Jackson. I’m nervous as heck about the shippers damaging it with so many stops along the way. Hoping to receive the game on Wednesday, would be awesome.

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats fnosm
My game has gone from Benton, to St Louis, to Memphis, and is now in Jackson. I’m nervous as heck about the shippers damaging it with so many stops along the way. Hoping to receive the game on Wednesday, would be awesome.

See now if you lived in Iowa you wouldn't have that problem

#3123 5 years ago

Took the family on vacation for a cruise come back to work and this beauty is setting in the garage. Played about 25 games and I'm just blown away with the speed & fun! Everyone needs one of these in their collection.... wow a rush Sorry no more pictures for now, time for me to do my thing on it and then I'll post my pictures lol

34634592-30e4-4366-b940-2e52794056a8.jpg34634592-30e4-4366-b940-2e52794056a8.jpg
#3124 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Finally #206

Looks like you got a little bump in the queue, perhaps because of the butter cabinet. Hmmmm $1k.... nah.

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Everyone needs one of these in their collection....

Such a simplistic game but a good one. This is looking like my next pin.

#3126 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Finally #206

I’m #216 and based on my math, this means that mine will be done in 2018! I can’t wait!

Honestly, the wait couldn’t have been better timed. You guys will love this…I moved into a new house with a room dedicated to pinball and arcades. Awesome right!? Here is the thing, I can’t get my pins through the f’ng door to this room! It is the only room in the house that has this odd little bend which prevents me from putting a pinball machine in there (unless I take off the back box).

To rectify this problem, I am having the sliding glass door to this brand new house ripped out and installing French doors. That might make me the first person to do a construction project in order to get my TNA in place .

#3127 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

To rectify this problem, I am having the sliding glass door to this brand new house ripped out and installing French doors. That might make me the first person to do a construction project in order to get my TNA in place .

I don't think you're alone...when I rectify, I ALWAYS like my TNA to be in place!

Picking up #188 at Spooky World Headquarters -- looks like Thursday!

#3128 5 years ago

anyone else notice that the pace seems to have picked up as of lately?

#3129 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone else notice that the pace seems to have picked up as of lately?

NO! I'm sitting at 320 and we're still in the 100's.

#3130 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Nope, actually you're the second... widened two of mine (basement to street level) from 26" to 31". Boy did those bricks make a lot of dust!

I spent almost three years ripping the heads off and said enough is enough. Congrats on your TNA and new door.

IMG-7593.pngIMG-7593.png
#3131 5 years ago

#270 was brought home on Monday. Long drive for me but glad to finally get her! I had noticed a couple little issues though , my backbox has scuffs on the top of it and also looks like someone hoped into my box before everything was put together... Otherwise everything plays well and looks awesome. Butter is gorgeous!

20180625_150153 (resized).jpg20180625_150153 (resized).jpg20180626_115448 (resized).jpg20180626_115448 (resized).jpg20180626_115511 (resized).jpg20180626_115511 (resized).jpg20180626_115610 (resized).jpg20180626_115610 (resized).jpg
#3132 5 years ago

Nope, actually you're the second... widened two of mine (basement to street level) from 26" to 31". Boy did those bricks make a lot of dust!
I spent almost three years ripping the heads off and said enough is enough. Congrats on your TNA and new door.

That is awesome!

#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

also looks like someone hoped into my box before everything was put together...

LOL...OMG that last picture!

What 'da FUQ?!?!?!

#3134 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

looks like someone hoped into my box before everything was put together...

They hop in every cabinet while doing assembly... I'm now trying to match the footprint with the Minion that forgot to clean it off!

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

#3135 5 years ago

They hop in every cabinet while doing assembly... I'm now trying to match the footprint with the Minion that forgot to clean it off!
ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I like the human signs of assembly. Helps to keep the games feeling real and more analog... less sterile.

#3136 5 years ago

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Yeah I chuckled on that one lol

#3137 5 years ago

Too funny. When I built my builder asked what size door I wanted at the end of the basement stairwell. I said as big as possibile. He argued it was more expensive. Lol don’t care put the bastard in. 42 inch single swing door is nice. Oh ya. I need to order those speaker kits and do a video.

#3138 5 years ago

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

These are all supposedly inspected by yourself.
Why didn't you pick it up?

#3139 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

These are all supposedly inspected by yourself.
Why didn't you pick it up?

Come on, dude. That's lame. If Charlie plays every game before it leaves the factory, that's cool. But that doesn't mean he inspects every square inch of the game. Why be a prick?

#3140 5 years ago

Number 174 arrived safe and sound and is amazing. Waiting for PavBall to get the first game in. E9201ED7-7CF0-45B5-B3C0-0D153CE9F7A3 (resized).jpegE9201ED7-7CF0-45B5-B3C0-0D153CE9F7A3 (resized).jpeg7088CF42-4CCC-4A11-A38C-D5C6B4479E46 (resized).jpeg7088CF42-4CCC-4A11-A38C-D5C6B4479E46 (resized).jpeg2F8EC089-7B7B-4CFF-9786-8389DEA56997 (resized).jpeg2F8EC089-7B7B-4CFF-9786-8389DEA56997 (resized).jpeg189C3A08-5199-42D1-9F38-2828FD962685 (resized).jpeg189C3A08-5199-42D1-9F38-2828FD962685 (resized).jpeg3E4BC298-C569-4464-BD8D-3B9886196D85 (resized).jpeg3E4BC298-C569-4464-BD8D-3B9886196D85 (resized).jpeg

#3141 5 years ago

Does this fit in the club? "The Armics" from TNA in Beat Saber

#3142 5 years ago

That is pretty slick. Good stuff. Scott crushed you at the end though. Ha!

#3143 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Does this fit in the club? "The Armics" from TNA in Beat Saber

That looks incredible. I was a Guitar Hero/Rock Bank junkie for a while. Looks like that mashed up with Fruit Ninja. Glad I don't have a VR headset or I'd have another way to waste too much time I don't have.

#3144 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks, Charlie and Spooky I will email KT for the new part!
Thanks for awesome service!!!

Big thanks to the Spooky team. My replacement light kit came in the mail and is working perfectly with the machine.

I know how busy Spooky Pinball must be but they stuck with me and made sure it was solved!

To me “THAT MEANS EVERYTHING”
Thank you!
66679B59-CF96-47BB-9BE8-072DA5B934AC.jpeg66679B59-CF96-47BB-9BE8-072DA5B934AC.jpeg

#3145 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

That looks incredible. I was a Guitar Hero/Rock Bank junkie for a while. Looks like that mashed up with Fruit Ninja. Glad I don't have a VR headset or I'd have another way to waste too much time I don't have.

I have Oculus. It's cool but pinball is way better IMO. Porn is great though!

#3146 5 years ago

So I've tweaked my TnA to basic perfection except for that damn scoop. I pushed it down a little and it helped but still way too many rejects. What is the trick to get the scoop to work better when shooting with the RIGHT flipper? Left seems OK. Right flipper dead on still gets rejected way too many times.

#3147 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I've tweaked my TnA to basic perfection except for that damn scoop. I pushed it down a little and it helped but still way too many rejects. What is the trick to get the scoop to work better when shooting with the RIGHT flipper? Left seems OK. Right flipper dead on still gets rejected way too many times.

Nature of the beast. The geometry of hitting that shot from the right flipper is never going to be great. Your shot needs to be dead on. Hardly unique to this pin.

#3148 5 years ago

Got my speaker lighting kit but not instructions.
Can someone post the picture of the tap in plugs.
Looks like the would go to the lower left board.

#3149 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Got my speaker lighting kit but not instructions.
Can someone post the picture of the tap in plugs.
Looks like the would go to the lower left board.

Here's what I received from kayte.....worked well:

TnA Speaker Kit Instructions (1) (resized).jpgTnA Speaker Kit Instructions (1) (resized).jpg
#3150 5 years ago

Does anyone have a link to those speaker light diffusers? I would like to order a set, then learn out to install them once my game is ready.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/63?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.