(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 239.
#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Is it really that hard not to ram forks into a box? Is it that hard not to tighten up straps across a box so hard it tears through the box and rubs the cabinet? Is it really that hard? Good work, FedEx.

Is that yours? Did you refuse shipment?

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is that yours? Did you refuse shipment?

It's mine, and I wasn't there. My wife took the game, but filed a damage claim. The driver left before I could tell her to refuse it. I'm so pissed off.

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

How do I get the lighted speakers added to my TNA at the factory? Do I just ask my distributor to have it added on to my order? I didn’t see them for sale at Pinball Life. Thanks for any info!

You could probably just email KT and she can add it to your order.

#3054 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's mine, and I wasn't there. My wife took the game, but filed a damage claim. The driver left before I could tell her to refuse it. I'm so pissed off.

That's horrific, man. I feel for you. Hopefully it all gets sorted out easily.

#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Officially in the club! #163 picked up today for those keeping track
We also got a special playfield

TNA next to a Flash Gordon and Paragon! Nice taste in pins you got there.

#3056 5 years ago

I will be streaming TNA tonight at 7PM EDT at http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

TNA next to a Flash Gordon and Paragon! Nice taste in pins you got there.

Thanks! Appreciate the notice! TBH, I've tried playing my other machines to not feel like I'm neglecting them....but I'm completely neglecting them right now lol

#3058 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Oh man...I would have been watching like a hawk and made sure I was there! i'm not sure what kind of recompense you can expect for it? I'm sorry you have to go through this right now.

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Oh man...I would have been watching like a hawk and made sure I was there! i'm not sure what kind of recompense you can expect for it? I'm sorry you have to go through this right now.

Leave it on the pallet and make them pick up, ship it back, and send a new one. FedEX should pay for the costs

#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Leave it on the pallet and make them pick up, ship it back, and send a new one. FedEX should pay for the costs

We're working with them now on what to do. Thankfully the driver put in good notes about the state of the machine upon delivery. The box looks like it was attacked by elephants.

20180620_132929 (resized).jpg20180620_132929 (resized).jpg20180620_132943 (resized).jpg20180620_132943 (resized).jpg20180620_133019 (resized).jpg20180620_133019 (resized).jpg
#3061 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Thankfully the driver put in good notes about the state of the machine upon delivery.

You had a VERY good driver then. Normally when this crap happens, it's a damn nightmare.

Document everything, and let Joe at PinballSTAR know right away so he can help.

HATE to see this stuff. Sorry sir!

#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You had a VERY good driver then. Normally when this crap happens, it's a damn nightmare.
Document everything, and let Joe at PinballSTAR know right away so he can help.
HATE to see this stuff. Sorry sir!

Joe is already on it and we're not too worried about it. We'll get it sorted!

#3063 5 years ago

Man, Jeff... you have some kind of luck with NIB games!

#3064 5 years ago

so speaker kit will be installed soon - watching this install video the speakers seemed like a huge pain to install.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/255687467

Anyone with experience want to break down what went wrong? Are there no holes in the front to mount the grilles?

#3065 5 years ago

Just crammed in #169 in my last usable square foot of space... everything works great and oozes with quality. There was a million+ score when I booted up so these definitely get thoroughly play-tested... NICE. Killer packing job too, very impressive. Not much else to add that already hasn't been mentioned, my expectations have been greatly exceeded.

Still learning how to tune my shots, it's been rather humbling so far to say the least. Does everybody else's scoop reject like 80% of direct shots into it? Seems like it really needs to be hit dead center. I know, play better LOL.

btw turning on the gamma function, reducing the brightness to 30 and the contrast to 100 really help with the monitor washout. I don't feel the need to replace it now, makes a big difference!

IMG_8276 (resized).JPGIMG_8276 (resized).JPG
#3066 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so speaker kit will be installed soon - watching this install video the speakers seemed like a huge pain to install.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/255687467
Anyone with experience want to break down what went wrong? Are there no holes in the front to mount the grilles?

His game did not have the screws on the front side of the speaker panel like most do. I'm not sure if this was something Spooky didn't do until later games, but mine, #60, did have screws on the outside that I removed, then used to install the grills. I certainly would not call the install a huge pain.

#3067 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

btw turning on the gamma function, reducing the brightness to 30 and the contrast to 100 really help with the monitor washout. I don't feel the need to replace it now, makes a big difference!

Good to hear. I will do this as well. Glad 169 is to you, 174 should be coming out shortly to me.

#3068 5 years ago

Just crammed in #169 in my last usable square foot of space... everything works great and oozes with quality. There was a million+ score when I booted up so these definitely get thoroughly play-tested... NICE. Killer packing job too, very impressive. Not much else to add that already hasn't been mentioned, my expectations have been greatly exceeded.

Congrats on getting this awesome pin in your lineup!

I really wish I felt the same way. Did I see an improvement when I adjusted the gamma, brightness and contrast? Yep. Was it enough of an improvement that the screen no longer looks washed out? Nope. It's really my only disappointment with the pin. When I get motivated enough I am going to replace the screen.

#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

When I get motivated enough I am going to replace the screen.

Who am I kidding, I probably will too eventually. Once I slap on the lit rails, Herg's speaker light diffuser, and the misc. decals I won't have anything else to add. This one definitely deserves the royal treatment!

#3070 5 years ago

I’ve got a screen and display board already sitting here waiting.

#3071 5 years ago

Still learning how to tune my shots, it's been rather humbling so far to say the least. Does everybody else's scoop reject like 80% of direct shots into it? Seems like it really needs to be hit dead center. I know, play better LOL.

My scoop rejected a ton of shots. I solved by gently bending the scoop down a tad and it really helped

#3072 5 years ago

Do the machines being delivered now come with the new code or do we have to update the code?

#3073 5 years ago

My machine I got about a week ago was one version behind. Updating it only took a few minutes.

#3074 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My scoop rejected a ton of shots. I solved by gently bending the scoop down a tad and it really helped

Oh nice! So you mean just push the top down a bit to end up with something like this? I know not nearly that extreme LOL, just trying to be obvious

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 6.08.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-21 at 6.08.02 PM (resized).png
#3075 5 years ago

Tracking Number received #279 butter is on the way!!! Going to be long weekend with the wait. Guess I'll play my other games one last time.

#3076 5 years ago

so I installed the speaker lights - SUPER easy. The kit I got from Kayte was much better than that video - LEDs already on the replacement covers and it literally took 15 min or so.

I'm really impressed with the effects it makes however it does seem a little uneven (the light) - I'm about 6ft tall and i can mainly see the bottom of the leds. Is that what the difusser is expected to help and if so, is that hard to install?

btw - I have a lot of impressions of this game that I plan on sharing soon. Been playing it for a few weeks now.

#3077 5 years ago

Oh nice! So you mean just push the top down a bit to end up with something like this? I know not nearly that extreme LOL, just trying to be obvious

Yup. I just gently massaged it down a micro-little bit. Rejections are vastly reduced

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yup. I just gently massaged it down a micro-little bit. Rejections are vastly reduced

is that with the protector installed? Mine is 80% reject right now... kinda hard setting that way though

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

is that with the protector installed? Mine is 80% reject right now... kinda hard setting that way though

Not sure what protector you are using but i have found it is not needed on tna scoop

#3080 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Use a tool or just bend it by hand?

#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The box looks like it was attacked by elephants.

The packaging was one of the biggest surprises when I got mine. It really didn't seem up to snuff versus the rest of the game, and definitely is contributing to these problems. While it can never fix ham-fisted f*tards from screwing it up, the cardboard was basically falling off mine (only held on with a couple staples), the straps weren't tight, and they don't have the nice spray foam blocks to keep things from punching through or shifting around inside the cardboard like Stern and others do. Between the thin shell and the game was basically just a few inches of air and some shrinkwrap; anything could easily go through it.

Considering the improved quality Spooky has done in other areas, I'm hoping as they see reports like this and will step it up in the future. I appear to have gotten lucky but was really worried about it having heard stories from others...

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Use a tool or just bend it by hand?

I gently used my palm to push it down... very gentle... definitely helped

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

What protector?

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good to hear. I will do this as well. Glad 169 is to you, 174 should be coming out shortly to me.

And...I got my shipping notification. No. 174 is in rout!

#3085 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I gently used my palm to push it down... very gentle... definitely helped

Quoted from 27dnast:

This is what I did after your suggestion. It's like night and day in differnece and now my scoop gobbles up nearly every shot.

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

my scoop gobbles up nearly every shot

I have heard that about you before ...

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm about 6ft tall and i can mainly see the bottom of the leds. Is that what the difusser is expected to help and if so, is that hard to install?

Yes, the LEDs shine through 3D printed clear plastic, which ends up frosted looking after it's printed. You will still see the bottom of the opening more than the top, but you won't see direct light from the LEDs anymore. It is a direct replacement for the included black space with prongs, so it's no more difficult to install than the stock kit.

#3088 5 years ago

Co-op mode is a big hit in my home already. Both kids were out of bed and immediately went downstairs to attack nuclear reactors. Fun stuff.

20180621_222926 (resized).jpg20180621_222926 (resized).jpg
#3089 5 years ago

PinballSTAR will be at ReplayFX again in 2018 ! WITH TNA AND ALICE COOPER'S NIGHTMARE CASTLE !

We are planning on having the following games (subject to change) :

JJP :
Wizard of Oz (will bring only if pre-sold)
Hobbit (will bring only if pre-sold)
Dialed In - open for play and NIB
Pirates of the Caribbean - open for play

Chicago Gaming :
Medieval Madness Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)
Attack From Mars Remake (will bring only if pre-sold)

American Pinball :
Houdini - open for play and NIB

Spooky :
TNA - open for play
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle - open for play

Homepin :
Thunderbirds - open for play

VP Cabs :
Vertigo - open for play
Vortex - open for play

Pre-orders for free delivery to the show ? YUP we'll do that...

We will bring INVISIGLASS if anyone wants to pre-order before the show - discounts for multiple sheets - we will ONLY bring what is pre-sold. Email Sales@PinballSTAR for pricing.

Email Joe at [email protected] for our full price list.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
#3090 5 years ago

OK, got my scoop dialed in. MUCH easier to hit now.

Last issue: no matter how hard I fire the ball into the left orbit it hits the top of my right slingshot.

Watched many videos and they all go to the right flipper and the orbits are repeatable from it.

Presuming I need to slightly bend my lane guide at the end out a touch. Can somebody take a peak at the attached and let me know if this is the right place to bend? I've never had to mess with one before and want to take baby steps to keep things smooth. Cheers!

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 3.27.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-24 at 3.27.48 PM (resized).png
#3091 5 years ago

make sure your game is level - mine wasn't at first and when I adjusted, the right orbit drained right to my flipper not hitting the right sling anymore

#3092 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

make sure your game is level - mine wasn't at first and when I adjusted, the right orbit drained right to my flipper not hitting the right sling anymore

Thanks bud. It's dead level front and back, pitched at around 6.8. Maybe I should try 6.5.

#3093 5 years ago

Yeah bend that a little. Just be careful, because too much and a left orbit will go SDTM.
--Scott

#3094 5 years ago

yeah I'm at 6.5. Game plays perfectly.

I added those decals from flash and the drop targets especially - it's like they came that way from the factory. Put all of them on except the red target ones. Liked the flat red. Got the point across enough.

#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah bend that a little. Just be careful, because too much and a left orbit will go SDTM.
--Scott

Pssshhhttt... what the hell do YOU know? Thanks man! Yeah I get plenty SDTM from everything else, I'll go easy. Cheers!

#3096 5 years ago

Folks - what colours have you seen your lighted speakers go?

Mine only seem to go purple, green (MB) and white.

Never seen red or blue or any other colour - is that right?

#3097 5 years ago

Mine go red for sure

#3098 5 years ago

My speaker lights only ever go blue, yellow, and white. Something not right.

#3099 5 years ago

I believe mine match the coloring of the GI... ?

#3100 5 years ago

Mine Match the color of the lights on the pf. Red def during meltdown and blue as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/62?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.