(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 239.
#2951 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You own four pins? Time to bust off two nuts and add on two washers.
I think you will be just fine. Do it with the power off if that is not obvious.

This was added in production machines a long time ago when you first suggested it BTW.

The issue is most likely just a switch adjustment and a cleaning with a piece of printer paper between the contacts to remove any manufacturing oil or dust that could be on the switch. I will look at the code as well and make sure that the hits are not being dropped by the software at times.

--Scott

#2952 5 years ago

Scott - first off, amazing job on this game. I still can't believe you not only designed this but also did the music. Without this soundtrack and effects I'm not sure it's at the level it is. Total package.

One question/suggestion - maybe in a future code update, you can give the player the option to mix the songs that are played during the nuclear reactor online part. Each reactor has it's own music however it's set (never changes) so you always here the same one for 1, 2, etc. For people that aren't good like me it would be nice to hear another song that might be locked away for 6,7, etc. Just a thought.

EDIT - as I typed this I'm thinking is the fact that I don't hear that new music actually driving me to play more so that I can hear it and if it was given to me randomly would I lose that drive? hmmmmmm.....damn it scott you might be a genius. haha

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Scott - first off, amazing job on this game. I still can't believe you not only designed this but also did the music. Without this soundtrack and effects I'm not sure it's at the level it is. Total package.
One question/suggestion - maybe in a future code update, you can give the player the option to mix the songs that are played during the nuclear reactor online part. Each reactor has it's own music however it's set (never changes) so you always here the same one for 1, 2, etc. For people that aren't good like me it would be nice to hear another song that might be locked away for 6,7, etc. Just a thought.
EDIT - as I typed this I'm thinking is the fact that I don't hear that new music actually driving me to play more so that I can hear it and if it was given to me randomly would I lose that drive? hmmmmmm.....damn it scott you might be a genius. haha

The full soundtrack is also available on Amazon and iTunes. I purchased it to ensure I could at least experience reactor 5/6/7 music somewhere (as I'll rarely if ever hear it from the game).

#2954 5 years ago

I like the sequential music, I love it when the music for reactor 4 comes on, doesn't happen every game or even every day but when it does I smile. Haven't heard reactor 5 music enough to even recognize it LOL. got my new high last night at almost 6.5million on 4 reactors blown and a couple shots from blowing reactor 5.. which I still have not ever done.. someday... I need to learn to play better...

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Trial by errror process

I see what you did there.

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Your edit is spot on and I was going to reply to your initial suggestion the same way.

Even my daughter said to me that the biggest motivation to get to the next reactor is to be able to hear what cool music is going to play next. More so than the anticipation of getting more points or seeing how the rules for destruction of the reactor change etc. Therefore, having the music alternate for each reactor is something I definitely do NOT want.

The music in this pin is one of it's greatest assets. It does a superb job of creating the atmosphere that is perfect for it's theme. And man, is this pin ever addicting. "Just one more game!"

#2957 5 years ago

Every time you get to a new reactor, you take a moment to listen. It's pretty cool, especially when you're doing co-op and you get to a tune that someone hasn't heard yet.

#2958 5 years ago

It would be great if once you built up your ball save to a certain level you could use it in the center. Like anything above level 4 or 5

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

It would be great if once you built up your ball save to a certain level you could use it in the center. Like anything above level 4 or 5

You can use it in the center. Just cash it in on an inlane, it will activate the global ball save.
--Scott

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You can use it in the center. Just cash it in on an inlane, it will activate the global ball save.
--Scott

Ha. It suddenly all makes sense as to why I was getting some unexpected ball saves down the middle.

#2961 5 years ago

This was added in production machines a long time ago when you first suggested it BTW.
The issue is most likely just a switch adjustment and a cleaning with a piece of printer paper between the contacts to remove any manufacturing oil or dust that could be on the switch. I will look at the code as well and make sure that the hits are not being dropped by the software at times.
--Scott

You r pretty awesome!

#2962 5 years ago

Just cash it in on an inlane, it will activate the global ball save.
--Scott

Can you explain that?

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you explain that?

Let the ball roll over the white lit ball save light on an inlane and you get a ball saver that includes SDTM

#2964 5 years ago

Can someone explain the ball save in general in this game and the levels you get and how?

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you explain that?

When the ball save light (white) is in a lane that the ball passes through, the ball save timer starts to count down. Once it’s activated (and counting down) the ball can drain from anywhere (including sdtm), and you get a new ball

#2966 5 years ago

is it possible to remove that topper and replace it with another dome or LED and if so, how does it attach? Is it a special screw (if so what)?

#2967 5 years ago

You can stack ball saves also and get a bonus for unused ball saves .

#2968 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

When the ball save light (white) is in a lane that the ball passes through, the ball save timer starts to count down. Once it’s activated (and counting down) the ball can drain from anywhere (including sdtm), and you get a new ball

Deciding when to use your earned ball saves is a huge part of the strategy on this game.

I like to complete the grid in single ball with ball save running (unless I’m already in multiball from the last reactor). I find it more efficient to qualify, start, and even overload the reactor in single ball and use multiball for blowing the reactor for max value and then get as far as I can into the next one with it..

#2969 5 years ago

where can you buy speaker lights and covers if you don't get it at the factory or are they just offered at the factory and that's it?

EDIT - seems like you have to order from Spooky directly.

Question - if you can only upgrade the speakers or the Screen which one is worth it more?

#2970 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

where can you buy speaker lights and covers if you don't get it at the factory or are they just offered at the factory and that's it?
EDIT - seems like you have to order from Spooky directly.
Question - if you can only upgrade the speakers or the Screen which one is worth it more?

Interactive speaker grills/lighting are the better upgrade (in my opinion of course)

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Deciding when to use your earned ball saves is a huge part of the strategy on this game.

Indeed.

The rules on this pin seem so easy and straightforward at first glance, but they are actually somewhat nuanced, and there are plenty of different strategies on how to play. For example, I destroyed the most reactors I have since owning the pin, and I didn't even get to put my initials on the board.

#2972 5 years ago

She keeps gettin' more lit up!

20180616_110204 (resized).jpg20180616_110204 (resized).jpg
#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

She keeps gettin' more lit up!

I know TNA can be a brutal game, but 0 points! Come on man, you're better than that.

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I know TNA can be a brutal game, but 0 points! Come on man, you're better than that.

Ha! I didn't even see that.

#2975 5 years ago

Finally destroyed the 5th reactor. This game just keeps me hooked! F00746A3-93EC-46EA-9D88-246B29FAED68 (resized).jpegF00746A3-93EC-46EA-9D88-246B29FAED68 (resized).jpeg

#2976 5 years ago

The most reactors I've ever gotten is 5 and that's only because I'm lying about the 5th one.

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The most reactors I've ever gotten is 5 and that's only because I'm lying about the 5th one.

Yeah... I made it to 12... but I don’t really like to tell anyone about it.

#2978 5 years ago

Officially in the club! #163 picked up today for those keeping track

We also got a special playfield

20180616_185213 (resized).jpg20180616_185213 (resized).jpg20180616_190414 (resized).jpg20180616_190414 (resized).jpg20180616_205100 (resized).jpg20180616_205100 (resized).jpg
#2979 5 years ago

The output for the display is HDMI I was told by Scott but is the connection a male or female connection? I need a splitter to get a feed from the display to a video capture card.

#2980 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Officially in the club! #163 picked up today for those keeping track
We also got a special playfield

Congrats! So cool! What does it mean you think? First she assembled?

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Congrats! So cool! What does it mean you think? First she assembled?

yup, appears so

"After soldering about 1 million smaller things, Squirrel has been promoted to playfield wiring... great job Squirrel!"

Squirrel (resized).jpgSquirrel (resized).jpg
#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, appears so
"After soldering about 1 million smaller things, Squirrel has been promoted to playfield wiring... great job Squirrel!"

This was the post I was thinking of. That must have been our playfield in that pic.

#2983 5 years ago

I would like to share something that happened at our local spot that has a TNA to remind everyone just how awesome this game is. I decided to leave work a few hours early on Friday to get some games in on TNA. This location is the only public place that has a TNA. Usually when I go there during the day there is no one playing pinball. This time however there were 3 gentlemen having a good time playing Sterns 24. I could tell they were not pinball people but just 3 guys having a drink on a Friday afternoon having some friendly competition. As I was playing TNA one of the guys walked up to me pretty drunk and said "Man this game sucks". I brushed it off and just smiled but about 10 min later one of the other guys walks up to me and says "Yeah we tried playing this and it sucks man. Have no idea what to do". At this moment I couldn't take it anymore and ended my game. I then proceeded to put 4 credits in the game and started a 4 player co-op mode. I walked up to them and told them I would like for them to play with me and that I got their game covered. They were a little hesitant and weirded out that some stranger would buy them a game of pinball and want to play with them but they all agreed and walked over. I told them I was bothered by their comments and that this game is amazing. I explained to them that I had it on co-op mode and that we would be working as a team. This blew their mind that you can even do this. The next 15 min or so was magic. I stood and coached each guy as it was their turn to destroy the reactors and explained everything to them. As we got further in the game all 3 of them were grinning from ear to ear having the best time. As our game ended they were all blown away at how much fun it was. The next 2 hours I was there (playing other games) the 3 of them did not leave TNA. They were screaming and laughing and having the best time possible. When I left the bar, each one of them shook my hand and told me thank you for inviting them and teaching them the game and that they had the best time. I also told them that we have monthly tournaments here and weekly tournaments at other locations in the City and they all said that they are def going to be showing up to one them. It blew their mind that there was even a pinball league. Never be afraid to invite people to play a game with you. You never know what might happen and in this case I created 3 new fans that I know will keep coming back to play this game. Co-op mode to me is the best possible thing to happen to this game as well as pinball in general. I can't wait for my TNA to come but in the meantime I will continue playing on location and try and invite as many strangers as I can to come play.

#2984 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I would like to share something that happened at our local spot that has a TNA to remind everyone just how awesome this game is. I decided to leave work a few hours early on Friday to get some games in on TNA. This location is the only public place that has a TNA. Usually when I go there during the day there is no one playing pinball. This time however there were 3 gentlemen having a good time playing Sterns 24. I could tell they were not pinball people but just 3 guys having a drink on a Friday afternoon having some friendly competition. As I was playing TNA one of the guys walked up to me pretty drunk and said "Man this game sucks". I brushed it off and just smiled but about 10 min later one of the other guys walks up to me and says "Yeah we tried playing this and it sucks man. Have no idea what to do". At this moment I couldn't take it anymore and ended my game. I then proceeded to put 4 credits in the game and started a 4 player co-op mode. I walked up to them and told them I would like for them to play with me and that I got their game covered. They were a little hesitant and weirded out that some stranger would buy them a game of pinball and want to play with them but they all agreed and walked over. I told them I was bothered by their comments and that this game is amazing. I explained to them that I had it on co-op mode and that we would be working as a team. This blew their mind that you can even do this. The next 15 min or so was magic. I stood and coached each guy as it was their turn to destroy the reactors and explained everything to them. As we got further in the game all 3 of them were grinning from ear to ear having the best time. As our game ended they were all blown away at how much fun it was. The next 2 hours I was there (playing other games) the 3 of them did not leave TNA. They were screaming and laughing and having the best time possible. When I left the bar, each one of them shook my hand and told me thank you for inviting them and teaching them the game and that they had the best time. I also told them that we have monthly tournaments here and weekly tournaments at other locations in the City and they all said that they are def going to be showing up to one them. It blew their mind that there was even a pinball league. Never be afraid to invite people to play a game with you. You never know what might happen and in this case I created 3 new fans that I know will keep coming back to play this game. Co-op mode to me is the best possible thing to happen to this game as well as pinball in general. I can't wait for my TNA to come but in the meantime I will continue playing on location and try and invite as many strangers as I can to come play.

I nominate this for Pinside post of the year... or at least best post in this club thread!!

#2985 5 years ago

AWESOME post!!!

thanks for sharing!

#2986 5 years ago

Nomination for Pinball Ambassador of the Year.

#2987 5 years ago

Great story and have seen similar. Actually at NWPAS last week I was at the Nitro booth and did the same with a guy who was on it (he was working the booth I think) and afterwards he was more high on the game. Have noticed 'regular' people have no idea what to do on it though so it really helps to have someone show a newbie. Of course the same holds for most games aside from the ones with big bash toys that start MBs...

#2988 5 years ago

Question for anyone who has the speaker lights.
Please go into Tests>Coils and scroll down to the RGB Outputs and test each one. My RGB Blue flashes blue, but my RGB Red and Green both flash yellow for some reason. Does yours flash yellow, too???

#2989 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Question for anyone who has the speaker lights.
Please go into Tests>Coils and scroll down to the RGB Outputs and test each one. My RGB Blue flashes blue, but my RGB Red and Green both flash yellow for some reason. Does yours flash yellow, too???

Captain Obvious here.
Red and Green make Yellow.

#2990 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Captain Obvious here.
Red and Green make Yellow.

But I’m running separate tests for the red channel and the green channel. So it shouldn’t flash yellow.
That much should be obvious, Captain.

#2991 5 years ago

check and see if the red and green line somehow got connected (possibly the solder leaked between the two).

#2992 5 years ago

A friend of mine is on the board of a local board game show Meeplestock. This is their third year. They asked if I could bring a couple games so TNA and JM was my choice. A lot of non pinball people got to play it all weekend. I was told there was always someone at the game we logged over 350 Games played over the weekend.

023FD2F1-E858-40F6-B02B-D010AE680A95 (resized).jpeg023FD2F1-E858-40F6-B02B-D010AE680A95 (resized).jpeg
#2993 5 years ago

Feel free to Play one in Melbourne Australia

IMG_2214 (resized).JPGIMG_2214 (resized).JPG
#2994 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

As our game ended they were all blown away at how much fun it was. The next 2 hours I was there (playing other games) the 3 of them did not leave TNA. They were screaming and laughing and having the best time possible.

Sincerely.... THANK YOU. You just made Charlie and I both smile a whole bunch.

Pinside post of the year? You have our vote! This is absolute proof that this hobby (biz here) is FULL of great people and that anyone anywhere with a positive mindset can help it grow.

Kudos. THANK YOU!

#2995 5 years ago

I had my unboxing party for #160 Saturday night. I have to say what a fun pin this is to play. It is everything I expected and more. I destroyed 2 reactors and got the GC the first night, so that felt good! Unfortunately mine too does suffer from the gummy residue on the side rails and hinges. I will go and clean that up today. I would like to confirm that Rubbing Alcohol (as recommended by Spooky) will not harm the side art in any way, or do I need to remove the rails to clean them?
Thanks, and here are a couple pictures. Sorry for the low quality, too excited and just had to play!
2018-06-15 10.42.24 (resized).jpg2018-06-15 10.42.24 (resized).jpg
2018-06-16 19.13.57 (resized).jpg2018-06-16 19.13.57 (resized).jpg
2018-06-16 20.05.31 (resized).jpg2018-06-16 20.05.31 (resized).jpg

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Sincerely.... THANK YOU. You just made Charlie and I both smile a whole bunch.
Pinside post of the year? You have our vote! This is absolute proof that this hobby (biz here) is FULL of great people and that anyone anywhere with a positive mindset can help it grow.
Kudos. THANK YOU!

Thanks KT for the kind words! My wife and I are huge supporters of you and your family and stand behind everything you do. We are so gracious for what you did for the Belles and Chimes here in Houston with sending that care package. The ladies still wear the shirts to their tournaments. We can't wait for our TNA!

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

But I’m running separate tests for the red channel and the green channel. So it shouldn’t flash yellow.

Yes, but it is. Isn’t it?

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That must have been our playfield in that pic.

Lol... I didn't know it was yours until after you posted or I would have mentioned in person.

#2999 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Lol... I didn't know it was yours until after you posted or I would have mentioned in person.

We feel like we won the lottery with that PF! It's a piece of Spooky history and we are honored to be a part of that!

#3000 5 years ago

I also need to add that flashinstinct decal set really polish off this already fine machine. Definitely a must have. Shaker is installed and really adds to the effect of the reactor overloading, also a must have imo. The screen is fine for me standing at 5'8" and with adjustments to gamma, contrast, and brightness. I did order a new power supply fan as the pitch of the noise resonates up through the stairwell in my basement and we can hear it in the main floor. At $6.XX, with a clip coupon on Amazon and reports of it reducing sound about 80% it was a no-brainer. I've put in probably about 40ish games the last 2 days, and I just keep wanting to play and play. It never gets old!

Kudos again to Spooky and TheNoTrashCougar for making this amazing pinball experience!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/60?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.