Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,360 posts
  • 323 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 461 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C876C9DE-5F83-4FD4-AE35-EC79FF1C31BD (resized).jpeg
20180810_195552 (resized).jpg
20180810_195328 (resized).jpg
20180810_195330 (resized).jpg
976B5479-E058-489A-82F9-29EF3D58CC4C (resized).jpeg
AD2EFDCD-54EF-45BA-BC88-21800CB27D0F (resized).jpeg
IMG_3054 (resized).jpeg
logansrun02 (resized).jpg
2B972519-D4B9-4F42-A5D8-B5DADB4FA3F2 (resized).png
IMG_6510 (resized).jpg
Bladefury's TNA with legs and shooter housing light up (resized).jpg
66F44778-989D-4713-8FFB-875E8EF67611 (resized).jpeg
20180718_211916 (resized).jpg
4BDA0130-A1A7-461F-89DF-8F7BA921113F (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 12.23.20 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 12.22.47 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3371 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 68.
#2901 66 days ago

Wow - what a game.

FWIW my psu was set correctly for here in Australia and I was able to check with a small mirror and taking a photo of the reflection with my phone.

Does anyone else feel like they get more reactor chute rejects than they should? Any known tweaks for that?

#2902 66 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Wow - what a game.
FWIW my psu was set correctly for here in Australia and I was able to check with a small mirror and taking a photo of the reflection with my phone.
Does anyone else feel like they get more reactor chute rejects than they should? Any known tweaks for that?

I got a ton of rejects. I've largely solved that problem by gently bending the scoop opening down.

#2903 66 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Wow - what a game.

Almost always rejects from the right flipper. Left Flipper about 50%. Now I mostly shoot into the reactor and drop in from the top side.

#2904 66 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

More
Almost always rejects from the right flipper. Left Flipper about 50%. Now I mostly shoot into the reactor and drop in from the top side.

How is the wood looking on the outside of the scoop?

#2905 66 days ago

I get quite a few rejects too, even when coming from the upper playfield. It's almost like a lip out in golf. Starts to fall then skirts on past. When it's lit, I really try to settle things before letting it fall controlled into the scoop. Haven't done a whole lot of tweaking with anything though, so it honestly could just not be setup 100% correctly.

#2906 65 days ago

Guys what level do you keep this game? Assuming it's not 6.5

#2907 65 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm at 7.2

#2908 65 days ago

#150 is in the house!!!!! (Garage, technically)

D3745478-1DB1-49E5-B8F7-DFA5B12B9E86 (resized).jpeg
#2909 65 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

We have it on 6.5, on location. Seems fine to me. I'll check the audits later today to see what the average game times are like.

#2910 65 days ago

6.7 or 6.8 I think. On location.

#2911 65 days ago

Is there a reason to purchase the accessory power supply on pinball life website. What is available that you would have to plug in?

#2912 65 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Is there a reason to purchase the accessory power supply on pinball life website. What is available that you would have to plug in?

You may need it for electric mods like the Hooked On Pinball side armor light kit.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod

Just a note re: Robert @ HOP
He is an excellent guy. Totally went above and beyond when something went sideways that wasn't either of our faults. Shop with confidence!

#2913 65 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:

You may need it for electric mods like the Hooked On Pinball side armor light kit.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod
Just a note re: Robert @ HOP
He is an excellent guy. Totally went above and beyond when something went sideways that wasn't either of our faults. Shop with confidence!

You don’t need it for the light rails... there’s a factory connector that works fine

#2914 65 days ago

So, if I have the light rails, speaker lights, shaker and knocker will I need the accessory power supply?

#2915 65 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So, if I have the light rails, speaker lights, shaker and knocker will I need the accessory power supply?

I can't say for sure but since the speaker lights, knocker and shaker are installed at the factory I think you might need this for the rail lights.

#2916 65 days ago

You'll need it for leg light ups, lighted buttons, and likely any new mod down the road.

#2917 65 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

How is the wood looking on the outside of the scoop?

Mines holding up perfectly - no problems. Was thinking of lowering the scoop a fraction as suggested by Scott.

#2918 64 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

For all of those, no. I had all but the light rails installed at Spooky. And installed the rails on my own... there was a spare port in the back of the cabinet

#2919 64 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Mines holding up perfectly - no problems. Was thinking of lowering the scoop a fraction as suggested by Scott.

Mines starting to ware on the sides...

IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
#2920 64 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

Mines starting to ware on the sides...

Battle scars!

Gives the game character and shows it has history.

#2921 64 days ago

Anyone else having a problem with the sling arms getting stuck sometimes in the forward position? It’s NOT the coil locking on, just the arm isn’t pivoting that smoothly and gets stuck, especially if the ball hits the rubber as such to push the arm slightly to the side as it moves. This behavior has occurred on three different slings. Tried adjusting the coil angle slightly to allow for smoother movement and it helped to a point. Just set the game up tonight and I’m in love with it, only wondering if others have had this issue.

#2922 64 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do you have a link to where this was suggested and/or do know if the suggestion was to bend the scoop or lower the whole thing somehow?
-thanks

#2923 64 days ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Anyone else having a problem with the sling arms getting stuck sometimes in the forward position? It’s NOT the coil locking on, just the arm isn’t pivoting that smoothly and gets stuck, especially if the ball hits the rubber as such to push the arm slightly to the side as it moves. This behavior has occurred on three different slings. Tried adjusting the coil angle slightly to allow for smoother movement and it helped to a point. Just set the game up tonight and I’m in love with it, only wondering if others have had this issue.

Make sure the 2 screws that hold the coil are tight and that the bracket that those 2 screws hold is not crooked . Seems like you've got something loose and it is binding .

WIN_20180613_20_59_50_Pro (resized).jpg
#2924 64 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Do you have a link to where this was suggested and/or do know if the suggestion was to bend the scoop or lower the whole thing somehow?
-thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/55#post-4416259

#2925 64 days ago

So worth the wait. After making the deposit last August, #183 was delivered today. Game was beautiful and working so well right out of the box. Only one slight adjustment to a sling switch to increase sensitivity. Other than that, seems to be working flawlessly.

Thank you very much Scott and everyone at Spooky. Co-op and versus mode really take this game over the top!

2F2EE005-C6A8-4E56-8EA0-237DDFD95148 (resized).jpeg39C474EB-B531-4814-9B0A-8D6E6B0FBF6F (resized).jpeg
#2926 64 days ago

Congrats, enjoy. 3 million isn't a bad score for having so little time!

#165, get on a truck!

#2927 64 days ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

We have it on 6.5, on location. Seems fine to me. I'll check the audits later today to see what the average game times are like.

Avg. game time: 2:57. It has been on location for about two weeks now; I expect the average time to rise 5-10% over time as the regulars learn the machine better.

#2928 64 days ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Anyone else having a problem with the sling arms getting stuck sometimes in the forward position?

Yes, we had a report yesterday about it happening once on ours as well. Haven't looked into it yet, beyond confirming that it wasn't the coil locking on.

#2929 64 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Make sure the 2 screws that hold the coil are tight and that the bracket that those 2 screws hold is not crooked . Seems like you've got something loose and it is binding .

Yeah, we tried loosening them a tad, shifting the coil slightly to allow for smoother movement through the coil, and then tightened them up. Things are better but we still get the occasional bind up. There seems to be some slight side to side play on the arm, not sure if that’s normal or not.

#2930 64 days ago

Are we up into the 300's yet?????

#2931 64 days ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Yeah, we tried loosening them a tad, shifting the coil slightly to allow for smoother movement through the coil, and then tightened them up. Things are better but we still get the occasional bind up. There seems to be some slight side to side play on the arm, not sure if that’s normal or not.

The coil sleeve should go through that bracket and be sticking up past it . If your coil seeve is a bit short it won't hold the coil secure in the center . As for side to side a small amount is normal , but you should make sure that you are not missing any E clips at pivot points .

#2932 64 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The coil sleeve should go through that bracket and be sticking up past it . If your coil seeve is a bit short it won't hold the coil secure in the center . As for side to side a small amount is normal , but you should make sure that you are not missing any E clips at pivot points .

Thanks, I’ll take a peek under the playfield after work later today.

#2933 64 days ago

Da fuq?!

Messages Image(2200194974) (resized).png
#2934 64 days ago

Holy crap. You destroyed all 9 reactors????

#2935 64 days ago

I will never see something like that with the glass on. Amazing!

Edit: Scott, please increase the balls per game setting to a maximum of 100. It is my only chance!

#2936 64 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Holy crap. You destroyed all 9 reactors????

LOL!

If by "you" you mean Bowen, sure. That pic was posted on Spooky's FB page.

As for me, my high score is only 4.8 million so far (factory settings).

To me, that score is beyond comprehension.

#2937 64 days ago

player one got totally annihilated .

#2938 64 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL!
If by "you" you mean Bowen, sure. That pic was posted on Spooky's FB page.
As for me, my high score is only 4.8 million so far (factory settings).
To me, that score is beyond comprehension.

I was going to say, Rob... SELL IT

Try bumping from factory to hard in settings... see what you think. I've gotten past reactor 3 in Hard... but after that I just fall apart. I think, tho, the game is more fun with the added avalanche of difficulty.

-Todd

#2939 64 days ago

Can someone describe for me how the Team Vs Mode is supposed to work? I was playing it a few days ago and noticed that my team couldn't progress beyond reactor three until after it was destroyed by the other team. It was critical, but no buttons were illuminated for destroy. I did also shoot the shots that were illuminated for the other team, but that didn't do anything. To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention to how it was working until this happened, so perhaps it was doing that for the other reactors too. Is this normal?

#2940 64 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can someone describe for me how the Team Vs Mode is supposed to work? I was playing it a few days ago and noticed that my team couldn't progress beyond reactor three until after it was destroyed by the other team. It was critical, but no buttons were illuminated for destroy. I did also shoot the shots that were illuminated for the other team, but that didn't do anything. To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention to how it was working until this happened, so perhaps it was doing that for the other reactors too. Is this normal?

No, that's not how it's supposed to work. Make sure you play in the correct order. Player 1 and 3 are one team, and 2 and 4 are the other. Once you have Team Vs mode started, you need to add all four players. Progress is shared between 1 and 3 and 2 and 4, but they are totally independent of each other otherwise.

#2941 64 days ago

Hmm...I think it may be a bug caused by starting the mode incorrectly. We started out playing Coop Mode. Four players were added and Player 1 played their ball. The start button was then held, which switched it to Team Vs Mode (I wasn't expecting that to happen). From then on the reactors seemed to progress as if in Coop Mode, meaning that as reactors were destroyed they were destroyed for both teams. However, as previously noted if a reactor was critical no shots were illuminated for destruction for the other team. The scores were still keeping track as 1 and 3 vs 2 and 4.

PS: On a side note. I wouldn't mind seeing Team Vs Mode to accept 1 and 3 vs 2 alone. I have a number of non-pinhead friends and that might create a fun handicap mode.

#2942 64 days ago

Hey crile1 remember when you told me to calm down two weeks ago because I said I just paid up and my game was shipping in two weeks... and you were all like nah that's not gonna happen. Well, it did. It's on a truck and heading my way

Time to bust out glow sticks, shit just got real!
giphy.gif

#2943 64 days ago

Glad to hear it. Looks like production has picked up speed lately.

#2944 64 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A good thing to do to make your pop bumper more sensitive is to raise the ring so the ball has the ability to move the skirt more easily.
This is done by adding a washer to each rod.
rough drawing help explain

My pop number seems to be missing a few hits as well. I’m not the most capable at pinball repairs/tweaks but I’m nothing if not enthusiastic
Any other advice on how to do this? Or should I get stuck in and post pics of how I made it worse later?

#2945 64 days ago

Mine is shipping Monday!!! Happy Days!!!

#2946 64 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Whoah you have all the new hits, congrats!

#2947 64 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Whoah you have all the new hits, congrats!

It was time for a shuffle

#2948 64 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

My pop number seems to be missing a few hits as well. I’m not the most capable at pinball repairs/tweaks but I’m nothing if not enthusiastic
Any other advice on how to do this? Or should I get stuck in and post pics of how I made it worse later?

You own four pins? Time to bust off two nuts and add on two washers.

I think you will be just fine. Do it with the power off if that is not obvious.

#2949 63 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

You just need to tighten the switch gap under the pop. It’s actually easiest done with the switch assembly removed (but can be done with it screwed to the playfield).

Make sure you turn the power off.

Trial by errror process

#2950 63 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Mine too. PLAN THE PARTY.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
7,250 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
There are 3371 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside