(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 239.
#2651 5 years ago

I'm going to be ordering mirror blades soon. Do I need to order some spare LEDs (inserts, GI, or both?) to have on-hand or has Spooky been shipping with some spares?

#2652 5 years ago

There were 5 spare LED kits inside my TNA which I received this month.

#2653 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There were 5 spare LED kits inside my TNA which I received this month.

GI or inserts or both?

#2654 5 years ago

I got 5 insert LED with my game I picked up Wednesday

#2655 5 years ago

Thank you! So it doesn't sound like I need to order any extra for now.

#2656 5 years ago

Wow...thank you to my amazing wife for planning far in advance for the best birthday gift ever. The game was setup in my game room when I came home on Friday. Welcome to the future!

20180520_094119 (1) (resized).jpg20180520_094119 (1) (resized).jpg

#2657 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wow...thank you to my amazing wife for planning far in advance for the best birthday gift ever. The game was setup in my game room when I came home on Friday. Welcome to the future!

WTF!! Really? She did that without you finding out???

#2658 5 years ago

Awesome! Happy birthday!

#2659 5 years ago

Wow! She’s a keep for sure man! Have fun with that new gift.

#2660 5 years ago

Blades and Shaker installed this morning. Game is amazing!

IMG_20180520_112622 (resized).jpgIMG_20180520_112622 (resized).jpg

#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Congrats! That is awesome!!!! What a great surprise!

#2662 5 years ago

Few questions about my new game.

1) The R.A.D. targets seem to have a lot of foam under them and I find that it takes a really strong, direct shot for them to register. Is that normal, or should I look at adjusting so that more ricochets register? When destroying the reactors it makes a pretty big difference. At this point, I dread having multiple R.A.D. targets randomly selected, especially the D. I'm assuming the foam is great, so I would just look to reduce the space between the switch contacts.

2) How common are air balls on your setup. I have a good number of them where the ball flies up into the glass or worse jumps the lane guide and ends up landing in the outlane. I love the speed of the slings, but wondering if I need to turn them down a notch. Oh...plastic protectors seem like a must.

#2663 5 years ago

Does anyone else get a lot of stuck balls above right orbit switch from soft plunges? I haven't tried adjusting the switch yet, because it's pretty much fixed in place with the 3D printed holder. It's 50/50 if game tilts when trying to shake it free.

#2664 5 years ago

I’m not having that issue...

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Does anyone else get a lot of stuck balls above right orbit switch from soft plunges? I haven't tried adjusting the switch yet, because it's pretty much fixed in place with the 3D printed holder. It's 50/50 if game tilts when trying to shake it free.

The bracket is not 3d printed and the switch is easily adjusted. It is probably just hitting too high,should be a pretty simple fix.
--Scott

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

1) The R.A.D. targets seem to have a lot of foam under them and I find that it takes a really strong, direct shot for them to register. Is that normal, or should I look at adjusting so that more ricochets register? When destroying the reactors it makes a pretty big difference. At this point, I dread having multiple R.A.D. targets randomly selected, especially the D. I'm assuming the foam is great, so I would just look to reduce the space between the switch contacts.

they will likely get beat down a little after lots of plays, but I always regap leaf switches to adjust to my taste.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The bracket is not 3d printed and the switch is easily adjusted.

OK, I'll look at it tonight.

When I received my game, the left outlane switch was in a position that had it 99% stuck closed (a little vibration would serve up another ball if ball save timer was active). I had to bend the wire on it to adjust. Didn't seem like the bracket allowed for any re-positioning?

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The R.A.D. targets seem to have a lot of foam under them and I find that it takes a really strong, direct shot for them to register. Is that normal, or should I look at adjusting so that more ricochets register? When destroying the reactors it makes a pretty big difference. At this point, I dread having multiple R.A.D. targets randomly selected, especially the D. I'm assuming the foam is great, so I would just look to reduce the space between the switch contacts.

On my game we gapped all the switches to be sensitive, and I 'broke in' the foam by hand compressing it hard a bunch of times. After that I'm much happier with the response.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they will likely get beat down a little after lots of plays, but I always regap leaf switches to adjust to my taste.

Quoted from Aurich:

On my game we gapped all the switches to be sensitive, and I 'broke in' the foam by hand compressing it hard a bunch of times. After that I'm much happier with the response.

Thanks, I'm sure it's the same on The Grid too, but those are easy enough to target directly. I think I'm going to try to break in the foam and tighten the gaps on the RAD and 123 targets to make them more sensitive.

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

tighten the gaps on the RAD and 123 targets to make them more sensitive.

That's exactly what I did. Way better. Did same on lower slings too.

Adjusted my left flipper switches too. Factory had both switches triggering at exact same time.

#2671 5 years ago

My game plays great right out of the box. Only issue I have is when I crank it to 11 my wife complains because it rattles the floor upstairs. So if anyone has a fix/mod for the game or my wife, it would be appreciated. Thanks

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

My game plays great right out of the box. Only issue I have is when I crank it to 11 my wife complains because it rattles the floor upstairs. So if anyone has a fix/mod for the game or my wife, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Just work on a variety of convincing apologies.

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Maybe try some anti-rattle tape on her. I would think taping her to a chair would work well.

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

My game plays great right out of the box.

Mine plays great, we're talking about some very fine tuning.

#2675 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

That's exactly what I did. Way better. Did same on lower slings too.
Adjusted my left flipper switches too. Factory had both switches triggering at exact same time.

I’ve had to adjust those lower slings several times... but I also cranked the coil power a little

Give and take

#2676 5 years ago

I had to adjust the slings and I need to adjust the pop bumper.

Cheers,
Neil.

#2677 5 years ago

With Mirror blades, do you just install them over the existing graphics? I've never installed a set before but they seem pretty straight forward. Peel and stick.

#2678 5 years ago

You install them over the wood with screws

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I had to adjust the slings and I need to adjust the pop bumper.

My pop bumper suddenly lost it's sensitivity. Scott suggested I clean the switch with a business card and that's all it took. Hasn't been a problem since.

#2680 5 years ago

Guys I heard the girl in the game is Scarlett. Is she based on someone (her look) or completely ficticious?

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys I heard the girl in the game is Scarlett. Is she based on someone (her look) or completely ficticious?

Go to a local show and you just might see her walking around.

#2682 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Go to a local show and you just might see her walking around.

Is it true that she is based off of his wife? Or was that just a joke?

#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Its true.

#2684 5 years ago

Never mind - I figured out my issue. Thanks Owlnonymous !

#2685 5 years ago

Probably a video of it somewhere since she was in the MGC cosplay contest.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Truth. They are some awesome people!

20180414_173501 (resized).jpg20180414_173501 (resized).jpg

20180414_173523 (resized).jpg20180414_173523 (resized).jpg

#2687 5 years ago

TA Main7 - 1.2.1 Release (resized).jpgTA Main7 - 1.2.1 Release (resized).jpg
Hey there!!! Another TNA code update is here! This is a short, but good one.

I have fixed a few bugs and added what I like to call “Speed Runs” to kill each reactor. What do I mean you ask? The game now displays reactor uptime on the display telling you exactly how many seconds each reactor has been online for. The timer starts as soon as the reactor start scoop has been hit and stops when the reactor is destroyed. These speed times are stored in the high score table as “Reactor X Speed Run Champ”. There are 10 of these. One for each reactor and one for Total Annihilation!

Every second counts when battling these reactors so be sure to skip the reactor startup animation and be sure to skip the bonus count at the end of your ball. Your reactor uptime pauses if another player is up, but the timer does not pause until after the bonus count.

Have fun everyone!

Change Log:
v1.2.1 – 05/22/2018 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Skillshot light stuck on is now fixed.
– Reply info in attract mode now says replay for credit and Extra Ball when award is an extra ball
– Tilt during multiball trough issue fixed

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Added reactor uptime champs to high score boards
– Added reactor uptime to display while reactor is running
– Random performance enhancements
– Co Op now can be enabled if you forget to enable it on adding player 1

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11iirLZAPz0k-yNbEmt8AguLAuMOqbGbX

Code Update Procedure:
WARNING: Updating code on your game will reset your audits and settings on the game after the update procedure. However, these audits and settings are automatically dumped to the USB stick as a backup for your reference. I am planning to add functionality to save audits within the game in the future.

Step 1: Download the latest “pkg” file from the link above.
Step 2: Copy the “pkg” file to a USB flash drive. Do not change the name of the file, should be named “tna-gamecode.pkg”.
Step 3: Power off the game and remove the backglass.
Step 4: Insert the USB flash drive into an open USB port on the PC located on the right side within the backbox.
Step 5: Power on the machine, a message should appear saying that the software is updating.
Step 6: Once the code update is complete, remove the USB flash drive and restart the machine.

#2689 5 years ago

Thank you!

#2690 5 years ago

4411BB5E-A288-46B1-914D-77F6CA32C716 (resized).png4411BB5E-A288-46B1-914D-77F6CA32C716 (resized).png

#2691 5 years ago

TNA will be used in the Pintastic New England Show for a charity side event along with the main event we run. It will be a reactor chase battle. Whoever has the most reactors at vendor hall and tournament closing on Saturday night wins half the prize pool. Other half to a charity close to me, The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. If there is a tie for most reactors destroyed the score will break the tie.

This charity event will encourage Co Op mode. For a single player to enter a game will cost 2$. To play a 2 player Co Op game it will cost 5$ to enter. To play a 3 player Co Op game it will cost 10$ to enter. To play a 4 player Co Op game it will cost 20$ to enter.

See everyone at Pintastic in June!

-Jim

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

With Mirror blades, do you just install them over the existing graphics? I've never installed a set before but they seem pretty straight forward. Peel and stick.

Quoted from 27dnast:

You install them over the wood with screws

Are these pretty easy to install or are there any gotchas? I was going to install my own, along with the shaker and knocker. If it’s straightforward I’m planning to do the mirror blades myself. Else, I was going to consider the factory install.

#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Are these pretty easy to install or are there any gotchas? I was going to install my own, along with the shaker and knocker. If it’s straightforward I’m planning to do the mirror blades myself. Else, I was going to consider the factory install.

I’ve never had any issues installing mirror blades. Just a little of patience and they’ve always been a quick procedure.

I had spooky install the blades on my TNA at the factory? They only charge a little extra... looked great out of the box!

#2694 5 years ago

Wow. What a surprise with another code update. Game gets delivered Friday, looking forward to updating the code. Scott, saying thanks is not enough for what you have accomplished with this game and the continued updates. You continue to strive for excellence with TNA!

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Wow. What a surprise with another code update. Game gets delivered Friday, looking forward to updating the code. Scott, Saying thanks is not enough for what you have accomplished with this game and the continued updates. You continue to strive for excellence with TNA!

Damn! Was hoping ours were shipping together since we are both in KY and you are #149 and I'm #151. Cool you are getting your game this week. Hoping I get some notification soon as well.

#2696 5 years ago

Installed the Vantec fan - works great! Thanks OnTheSnap & @snakesnsparklers.

#2697 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Damn! Was hoping ours were shipping together since we are both in KY and you are #149 and I'm #151. Cool you are getting your game this week. Hoping I get some notification soon as well.

Thanks. Will try to post some pictures over the holiday weekend. Please do the same when your game arrives.

#2698 5 years ago

Cool rule: qualify the reactor and then re-complete the center stand-up targets (inserts will turn red, not pink) for a reactor jackpot.

Could be super lucrative if you have multiball going and get the standup jackpot and blow the reactor.

#2699 5 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar game #2 on new code and found a bug potentially?

Here's what happened. Dangered before starting the reactor. Got 2nd danger and then hit the scoop so of course i let the animation play out to let the tilt bob settle. Instead I tilt while ball is in scoop. The ball kicks into the shooter lane so I wait for it to autoplunge and then go to bonus. But it doesn't so I plunge out the ball. Stays on TILT screen

Didn't try to replicate it but wanted to share in case anyone else has the same issue?

#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

thenotrashcougar game #2 on new code and found a bug potentially?
Here's what happened. Dangered before starting the reactor. Got 2nd danger and then hit the scoop so of course i let the animation play out to let the tilt bob settle. Instead I tilt while ball is in scoop. The ball kicks into the shooter lane so I wait for it to autoplunge and then go to bonus. But it doesn't so I plunge out the ball. Stays on TILT screen
Didn't try to replicate it but wanted to share in case anyone else has the same issue?

After you plunge tilted ball, did the game advance to next ball or player? Or stay on tilt?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/54?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.