(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 239.
#2601 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I had to rush out and get these.

You realize that’s just white light and the games natural colors. Uv glow is off here. You will see it in video coming up

#2602 5 years ago

Gameplay footage. When you get a reactor going and whole machine shakes it’s even better bad sadly not in this quick video.

https://vimeo.com/269769506

#2603 5 years ago

Definitely not for me, but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

#2604 5 years ago

I have played this game in four locations and not had a problem with the GI as designed. To each his own.

#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what was already a good thing

Hilton knows pinball: no additional lighting necessary.

tnadark05032108 (resized).jpgtnadark05032108 (resized).jpg

#2606 5 years ago

Yeah, sorry, but the over bright and reflections look like crap and are distracting. Completely washes out much of the great lighting effects of the game.

#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, sorry, but the over bright and reflections look like crap and are distracting. Completely washes out much of the great lighting effects of the game.

Video and in person are two different things. I think if I shot same video in the dark without pinstadium on you would say the exact same thing.

The only reason you see reflection of lights is because of angle and no invisishield installed.

#2608 5 years ago

I’ll come over and play it

#2609 5 years ago

Relax, folks. Even if most agree the game doesn’t need them, let the guy enjoy his lights.

It’s his game, he can mod it any way he likes.

#2610 5 years ago

IMHO the atmosphere that Scott has created with the lighting effects is awesome. I like playing TNA in a darkened room to enjoy the full light and sound show. For me, I think that the Pinstadiums would take too much away from his original theme.
They may work well on other pins, but personally I’d never put them on my TNA.

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I’ll come over and play it

Take Andrew with you.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Video and in person are two different things. I think if I shot same video in the dark without pinstadium on you would say the exact same thing.
The only reason you see reflection of lights is because of angle and no invisishield installed.

Im glad you enjoy it, just not for me.

#2613 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Before and after pictures attached.

Looks awesome man. I love the colors of that art in the middle of the play field and the way the back plastic can be seen well now. UV fits the theme well too.

#2614 5 years ago

Don’t let them crush your dreams dude

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks awesome man. I love the colors of that art in the middle of the play field and the way the back plastic can be seen well now. UV fits the theme well too.

When the reactor is going the light show which was already insane is just a tad cooler with uv

#2616 5 years ago

Quoted from Ilushka85:Gameplay footage. When you get a reactor going and whole machine shakes it’s even better bad sadly not in this quick video.
» Vimeo video

You did a nice job integrating them with the built-in lightshow. Looks poppin’!

#2617 5 years ago

Can we AT LEAST all agree that Pinstadiums help shed a little much-needed light on WOZ?
That game honestly needed a little additional GI lighting!

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Can we AT LEAST all agree that Pinstadiums help shed a little much-needed light on WOZ?

I installed it in woz and opted to take it out. Nothing wrong with the product... just depends on your own personal perception of impact.

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Quoted from 27dnast:

I installed it in woz and opted to take it out. Nothing wrong with the product... just depends on your own personal perception of impact.

Hush, you two. This isn't a pinstadium or woz thread. If you want to moan about those things, moan elsewhere.

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hush, you. This isn't a pinstadium or woz thread. If you want to moan about those things, moan elsewhere.

Hushing.

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hush, you two. This isn't a pinstadium or woz thread. If you want to moan about those things, moan elsewhere.

Who pissed in your shampoo? Geesh

#2622 5 years ago

Pinstadium is always so polarizing. I'm not going to use it in any of my games, and I think UV mode and the flash effect is about the worst thing ever, but a lot of people seem to really like the mod. I don't see TNA being a title that would benefit nearly as much as many older games, however.

#2623 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pinstadium looks bad in every single game i have seen it in. Shame to see people so obsessed with blinging out games that they continually bastardize them with over the top blow out the art led kits like that. Amazed people pay so much to trash their games and many times make them unplayable with the strobe effect of crappy led strips.
I guess, looking forward to photos and video to see if pinstadium can finally look good in a game or if it messes up what was already a good thing.

This argument never ends so just let it be....awarded mod of the year and the amount he has sold pretty much prove that your opinion is just that, an opinion...saying it doesn't look good on any game is ludicrous and looking to get a reaction...move along..back to TNA!

#2624 5 years ago

To each his own.
My .02 cents is that TNA is lighting marvel on it own.

No need to Change a thing.

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

picked up the custom brackets from herg for the speaker lights. Looks so much better

herg Have you decided to offer the speaker brackets as an item in the market? I'd love a set!

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I literally had not even heard of "Pinstadium" lighting until a few minutes ago. But a quick look at their website shows that you can fine tune the brightness to your liking. So I am curious why you pulled it out of WOZ, because if ever there was a pin in need of additional GI lighting, WOZ is it.

#2627 5 years ago

Total Nuclear Anihilation: A rockin' good time pinball by Scott Danesi and Spooky pinball. It's awesome. A throwback style game with modern technology. Amazing sound and lighting ...

... that have nothing to do with pinstadium LED strips or Wizard of OZ.

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

herg Have you decided to offer the speaker brackets as an item in the market? I'd love a set!

Not in the Pinside market, but you can get the file (for free) to print your own, or place an order for me to print and ship them to you. Both are available on my website:
http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=34

Note that my printer queue is getting really backed up at this point, and new orders will probably take around two weeks to be ready.

#2629 5 years ago

So I've had the game for a few weeks and have done a couple of things to dial it in to my liking, play-wise. Thought I would share.

First off, I re-gapped the pop bumper to be super sensitive. It took some doing, but it's perfect at the moment. Also, playfield slope is currently at about 7.25.

I've changed some menu settings... including upping the coil settings for the pop to make it wicked fast.

Here's a list of changes:

*Game Play (features)*
Ball Save Destroy Reactor: NO
Ball Save Timer: 6
Ball Save Multiball: 6
Reactor Difficulty: Hard

*Machine Coil Settings*
Pop Bumper: 23
Scoop Right: 40
Scoop Left: 22
Sings (core): 7
Slight Left and Right: 8
Trough Kick: 20

*Machine Settings (standard)*
Flipper Hold Boost: 3

Add to this a coat of wax and the machine is really a lightning fast ass-kicker... it's current difficult state has cranked up that "one more game" feeling, but has also made it less accessible to novice players. I do wish there was a Reactor Difficulty that made it more difficult to unlock and heat up a reactor while leaving the first reactor kill shot at one target (second at two targets... so on and so forth) ... maybe that will eventually surface

I have a replacement monitor and will give that a go in the coming days, as I'd like to have a bit more contrast off-axis. I'll report back on how that goes!

#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am curious why you pulled it out of WOZ, because if ever there was a pin in need of additional GI lighting, WOZ is it.

Initially I had thought Woz was dim or needed GI help, but since it’s in my game room and dim lighting it’s totally fine imo and probably helps the overall feel of the pin with the insert lights really pop especially in witch all lights on mode which is totally the best lighting I’ve ever seen in a pinball machine.

Here’s my brightest game IMVE next to Woz. Woz looks fine when you are playing it even in very dim room.

67BFA4F2-9234-423D-8A34-81B8EC26F3D5 (resized).jpeg67BFA4F2-9234-423D-8A34-81B8EC26F3D5 (resized).jpeg

#2631 5 years ago

We're In the Club! TNA #128 arrived last night. We set it up, did a few adjustments, drank beer, played League. A hell of a night! No one left early, it was just too much fun.

Photos of night 1 with #128...
IMG_9379 (resized).JPGIMG_9379 (resized).JPGIMG_9377 (resized).JPGIMG_9377 (resized).JPGIMG_9385 (resized).JPGIMG_9385 (resized).JPGIMG_9383 (resized).JPGIMG_9383 (resized).JPGIMG_9376 (resized).JPGIMG_9376 (resized).JPGIMG_9375 (resized).JPGIMG_9375 (resized).JPG

Next up, we break down #128 and pack it up for the Golden State Pinball Festival.

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Initially I had thought Woz was dim or needed GI help, but since it’s in my game room and dim lighting it’s totally fine imo and probably helps the overall feel of the pin with the insert lights really pop especially in witch all lights on mode which is totally the best lighting I’ve ever seen in a pinball machine.
Here’s my brightest game IMVE next to Woz. Woz looks fine when you are playing it even in very dim room.

In agreement... I think WOZ is stellar kept stock.

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I do wish there was a Reactor Difficulty that made it more difficult to unlock and heat up a reactor

easiest ways to increase difficulty:

1] require more than the current 4 hits to the 3-bank to put the reactor online.
flexibility exists to make it as high as nine, the nine inserts in front of the keypad.
could be an operator adjustable setting, say from 3 to 9.

2] provide an option where, once online, the slings and spinner register a fraction
of the credit they currently do towards the 100.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I literally had not even heard of "Pinstadium" lighting until a few minutes ago. But a quick look at their website shows that you can fine tune the brightness to your liking. So I am curious why you pulled it out of WOZ, because if ever there was a pin in need of additional GI lighting, WOZ is it.

If you would like to learn more about the Pin Stadiums for WOZ feel free to come over to the Pin Stadium thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/41

Also you can email Jack from JJP too if you want to hear what he thinks of them as he loves them on WOZ! However epthegeek is right as it’s not the best thread to discuss them as it will blow up this thread and throw Scott’s TNA thread spiraling off topic. You can also email me directly [email protected]. Thanks!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2635 5 years ago

@herg
thanks for sharing the 3d print file.

Neil.

#2636 5 years ago

Hold on while I post an add for my crap in a thread where it doesn't belong, while I acknowledge that it doesn't belong.

PEACE OUT

here's my contact info
buy my stuff

#2638 5 years ago

Just received my final invoice!

#2639 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

herg
thanks for sharing the 3d print file.
Neil.

You're welcome. I'm glad it is useful for you. I'm curious about how many others have printed. My own printer is going to be quite busy for a while.

#2640 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You're welcome. I'm glad it is useful for you. I'm curious about how many others have printed. My own printer is going to be quite busy for a while.

I placed an order last night

No pressure!

#2641 5 years ago

#185 on the line in the next 2 weeks!!!! Can't wait!!

When running Speaker Lights / Knocker / Shaker / Rail lights will I need the power distribution board I saw listed on PBL? Ordering up my mirror blades so I'll pick one up if needed.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

i don't have a printer (yet but a local company i contacted would print both for £30.

Now all I need is the rest of the speaker kit but KT has gone silent!

Neil.

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

#185 on the line in the next 2 weeks!!!! Can't wait!!
When running Speaker Lights / Knocker / Shaker / Rail lights will I need the power distribution board I saw listed on PBL? Ordering up my mirror blades so I'll pick one up if needed.

No you will not. I have all of those installed without a distribution board. I actually bought one thinking I might need it, but it is still sitting in it’s box unopened. If it hadn’t taken so long for my TNA to arrive I would return it, but I’m sure that I’ve run out of time to do that.

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

No you will not. I have all of those installed without a distribution board. I actually bought one thinking I might need it, but it is still sitting in it’s box unopened. If it hadn’t taken so long for my TNA to arrive I would return it, but I’m sure that I’ve run out of time to do that.

Looks like you have a customer

#2645 5 years ago

Anyone having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the scoop and getting a drop target error? It keeps happening on my game but when I reboot it works fine. It is driving me fk'n crazy.

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Printed a couple of them tonight. Worked great. PLA / Natural / 215 / 50.

IMG-0891 (resized).JPGIMG-0891 (resized).JPG

#2647 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the scoop and getting a drop target error? It keeps happening on my game but when I reboot it works fine. It is driving me fk'n crazy.

I bet your pop bumper is also going out when this happens. Check the power to the top driver board. Mine was doing this intermittently until I punched down the 2 wire power connector. I actually punched them all, but I think this is what finally fixed it.

#2648 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Total Nuclear Annihilation Meltdown Mirrors are now available through Pinball Life!
If you order and send them to Spooky Pinball before your TNA is assembled, they will install them in your game!
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4787

Are these still available? I noticed the link no longer works and I couldn't find another reference to it on Pinball Life.

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Are these still available? I noticed the link no longer works and I couldn't find another reference to it on Pinball Life.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4787

#2650 5 years ago

<scratches head> Thanks! I tried that same link this morning/yesterday, but it wasn't coming up. Wasn't showing in a search either. Assuming it must have been temporarily delisted from the site.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/53?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.