New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,245 posts
  • 522 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by mackey256
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-10-19 16.15.13 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.17 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.26 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.00 (resized).jpg
TNA CoOp Poster.pdf (resized).png
20201018_151526 (resized).jpg
20201017_160546 (resized).jpg
20201018_183423 (resized).jpg
20201018_183409 (resized).jpg
DSC07509_LI (resized).jpg
1602980346387127906440407067891 (resized).jpg
20201017_132431 (resized).jpg
IMG_1511 (resized).JPEG
20201015_081838 (resized).jpg
Backglass cracks (resized).jpeg
B5101E5C-EDAB-49B8-82CA-48CAF454D2CC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 145.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

AND with another rabbit out of the hat - we are flying none other than the man himself, TNA designer, Scott Danesi in for the show to hang out in the PinballSTAR booth with the TNA and chat with everyone playing, explain the rules, and just be his awesome pinball genius self.

That is awesome! I really want to fly him out to Louisiana for our unboxing party when we get our game in.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is awesome! I really want to fly him out to Louisiana for our unboxing party when we get our game in.

He literally said yes in 2 minutes - you just pay all expenses and he'll be there... He does require full security entourage, limo pickup at the airport, and a harem... Besides that Scott is awesome !

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

He literally said yes in 2 minutes - you just pay all expenses and he'll be there... He does require full security entourage, limo pickup at the airport, and a harem... Besides that Scott is awesome !

Sweet!!!! I'll reach out to Scott. Megatron the poodle can be his security entourage, he's tougher than he looks:

IMG_5487 (resized).JPG

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sweet!!!! I'll reach out to Scott. Megatron the poodle can be his security entourage, he's tougher than he looks:

He looks tough enough .

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that poodle really named Megatron ? If so I owe you a beer for that one ! Awesome.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Amusements, Spooky Pinball distributor, is proud to announce we will have TNA at the York Gameroom Show in York, PA next weekend Sept 29-30...
AND with another rabbit out of the hat - we are flying none other than the man himself, TNA designer, Scott Danesi in for the show to hang out in the PinballSTAR booth with the TNA and chat with everyone playing, explain the rules, and just be his awesome pinball genius self.
We are of course currently taking pre-orders for TNA $ 1,000 down. Email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com !
Hope to see everyone at York !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

Rock on!

#207 3 years ago

How much are the distributors taking off MSRP?

#208 3 years ago

Speaking for myself, pinballstar can chime in for himself.

The cost is the same if you order from myself or directly from spooky.

#209 3 years ago

Where's the value added if everybody says spooky has awesome support?

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

i don't understand your question. can you rephrase it?

#211 3 years ago

I got a chance to finally play TNA yesterday and I've got to say that this game seems like a great value at the $6k price. It's great that Spooky includes features like a lighted topper, laser cut rails, backglass, and premium sound system in the game. The gameplay is super fun and addicting too!

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

i think you are asking why order from a distributor (KingPin Games or Pinball Star) if you are going to get such awesome support directly from Spooky. Is that right?

I find that to be a funny question (humorous) as I (KingPin Games) am also the Tech Support department for Spooky Pinball. So, no matter whom your order through (Spooky, KingPin Games, or Pinball Star), you will receive the same awesome support as i will be the one you deal with if there are any issues with the game.

So, what value is added from a distributor? I would say building a relationship with a company that carries other lines of games. I also sell JJP games along with lots of other "game room" games (Big Buck Hunter, Golden Tee, Megatouch, etc) and Joe at Pinball Star also sells JJP, American Pinball, PPS (MMr, AFMr), and a couple of others i believe. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you get your TNA, just that you get it!

I hope that answers your question.

#213 3 years ago

I joined the club this weekend at Mad Rollin thanks to Kingpin!! Been saving my pennies but this thing came to market far faster than I expected.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

this thing came to market far faster than I expected.

I hear that! My pennies need to multiply faster.

#215 3 years ago

IMG_9853 (resized).JPG

#216 3 years ago

I'm watching the Dead Flip stream from Ed's house, and cracking up as Ed steps up, whistling along with that little treble chirp in the music. I was doing the same earlier.

#217 3 years ago

My topper for the topper arrived today.

Because you know... LIONMAN !!!

lm2 (resized).png

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Is that poodle really named Megatron ? If so I owe you a beer for that one ! Awesome

Yep, Megatron. He took a nap during lunch at work with me today.

IMG_5523 (resized).JPGIMG_5524 (resized).JPG

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Get a pillow next time! I would wake up with a cramp in my neck if I slept like that.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

that's the biggest poodle I've ever seen, oh and what kind if dog is that?

#221 3 years ago

pigeonfarmboy
Yours will be the closest one to me. I don't know anyone else in central Illinois that ordered one

#222 3 years ago

How would an ordinary Joe be able to acquire one of these?

pasted_image (resized).png

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

If you mean the game, email spooky at kt@spookypinball.com directly. Or you can contact a distributor: kingpin game or pinballstar are the two. Same price either way.

#224 3 years ago

He means the flyer.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

PM me your address and I will send one out. I have never mailed flyers before, so I'm not sure the best way to do it, but I'll figure it out.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

PM me your address and I will send one out. I have never mailed flyers before, so I'm not sure the best way to do it, but I'll figure it out.

I run them through the shredder and then they fit in a really small envelope.

Reciepient can just tape it back together

#227 3 years ago

Speaking for myself, pinballstar can chime in for himself.
The cost is the same if you order from myself or directly from spooky.

Yes TNA is 6000 no matter where you buy... A lot of companies are moving to one price model and it's great - saves us wasted energy, saves customers time shopping around... Some may have cut our margins to take the fluff out but it's cool as the customer gets a great price... Look - TNA 6000 / Houdini 7000 / AFMR 6500,7300,8000 - all one price no matter where you go and all great pricing off the bat... I wish my other companies would do it... And when they do we are bound to it so we aren't being difficult when we say 'here's the price'..

And I concur with Chris - regardless of who you buy from you get great support.. I've been a Spooky distributor since AMH, Chris does tech support and obviously Charlie and KT are great. Many times I say you need a distributor to be your middleman in case of issues we can go to bat, but not really necessary with Spooky. Many choose to buy from me due to a prior relationship with other games we've sold them, they are comfortable, they know how I operate / communication / respond, etc... Since we represent many companies many like developing a relationship where I can sell them future games - JJP, Chicago Gaming, Spooky, American Pinball, VP Cabs, etc... Some buy from a distributor because we are out there supporting tournaments, humping games to shows, etc... Personal choice but as Chris said you're going to get taken care of no matter what.

We are excited to unveil the first production TNA to the public today at the York Whiterose Gameroom Show AND we have brought in designer Scott Danesi to hang out with the game, chat with folks, and just have fun at the show ! Stop by, experience TNA, and say hi to Scott and myself ! Oh and buy one if you like it - that too ! : )

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com

#228 3 years ago

Can't wait to see this at the York show!!

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can't wait to see this at the York show!!

How many are they going to have there?

#230 3 years ago

Thanks to Joe Newhart from Pinballstar Amusements, I was able to attend the York show this year! It was awesome talking with you guys who made it out to the show. I appreciate all the feedback and excitement around the game.

Also another thank you to Joe for bringing his personal TNA to the show for all to enjoy. The game held up really well and I was able to see a few bugs that will be easy to fix in the next revision of the software. It is pretty cool being able to watch others enjoy the game.

Thank you again!

--Scott

#231 3 years ago

I stole her multi ball.

20170930_113817 (resized).jpg

#232 3 years ago

I know many of you have yet to received your games, but I have just posted the first production code update for TNA! I found a few bugs fromt eh York show this past weekend and wanted to make sure to squash them quickly. Below is the changelog in case you are curious what was fixed.

v1.0.3 - 10/1/2017 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Knocker coil strength did not go low enough
- Skeletongame framework update to fix issue with crashing after entering service mode during end of game
- Bonus multiplier lights refresh correctly now
- Left targets that light mystery award are now showing up correctly
- Fixed weird lighting behavior when bonus multiplier increased
- Double danger mystery award now cycles properly
- Fixed issue where match was not always flashing the numeric displays upon awarding
- Ballsave now activates at the proper time when awarded by mystery and start reactor is stacked along with mystery mode
- Failed ball lock attempts will no longer mess up the locking procedure under rare set of conditions
- Logging now shows errors only

## Features Added ##
- New bonus multiplier maxed vocal sample
- Bonus multiplier now shows on LCD when increased
- Drop target knockdown coil strengths added to service menu

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Z7YGvi_VT6aVdaU0lfcmhUREE

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I know many of you have yet to received your games, but I have just posted the first production code update for TNA! I found a few bugs fromt eh York show this past weekend and wanted to make sure to squash them quickly. Below is the changelog in case you are curious what was fixed.
v1.0.3 - 10/1/2017 - Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
- Knocker coil strength did not go low enough
- Skeletongame framework update to fix issue with crashing after entering service mode during end of game
- Bonus multiplier lights refresh correctly now
- Left targets that light mystery award are now showing up correctly
- Fixed weird lighting behavior when bonus multiplier increased
- Double danger mystery award now cycles properly
- Fixed issue where match was not always flashing the numeric displays upon awarding
- Ballsave now activates at the proper time when awarded by mystery and start reactor is stacked along with mystery mode
- Failed ball lock attempts will no longer mess up the locking procedure under rare set of conditions
- Logging now shows errors only
## Features Added ##
- New bonus multiplier maxed vocal sample
- Bonus multiplier now shows on LCD when increased
- Drop target knockdown coil strengths added to service menu
## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Z7YGvi_VT6aVdaU0lfcmhUREE

Thanks Scott. Love it. Quick updates. Who would've ever thought.

Quick (probably stupid) question, will new games off the line be shipping with 1.0.3 or will an update be required out the box?

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Thanks Scott. Love it. Quick updates. Who would've ever thought.
Quick (probably stupid) question, will new games off the line be shipping with 1.0.3 or will an update be required out the box?

New games will be shipped with whatever version is the newest at the time the PC is flashed. The update process is also super simple. You download 1 file, put it on a USB stick, boot up the game and insert the USB drive into one of the open USB ports on the PC. It handles the rest.

#235 3 years ago

New games will be shipped with whatever version is the newest at the time the PC is flashed. The update process is also super simple. You download 1 file, put it on a USB stick, boot up the game and insert the USB drive into one of the open USB ports on the PC. It handles the rest.

Just curious, will there be anymore animations on the LCD? Kinda miss the spinning Nuclear reactor animation.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just curious, will there be anymore animations on the LCD? Kinda miss the spinning Nuclear reactor animation.

Right now, no, the animations that are in there are all new and actually drawn by Matt Andrews and animated by David Van Es. The spinney reactor thing was just a temporary placeholder thing that I got from the internet.

#237 3 years ago

Right now, no, the animations that are in there are all new and actually drawn by Matt Andrews and animated by David Van Es. The spinney reactor thing was just a temporary placeholder thing that I got from the internet.

I heard you say that before, still miss it lol. I love the game though from what I have seen, fantastic job! I will be ordering one soon...it came a little quicker then expected.

#238 3 years ago

Knocker coil strength did not go low enough

That doesn't sound like a bug to me. What good is it unless it is scary loud?

#239 3 years ago

thenotrashcougar

Scott was is the highest reactor that you have gotten too or know of?

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

thenotrashcougar
Scott was is the highest reactor that you have gotten too or know of?

...with the glass on!

#241 3 years ago

Project Pinball raffle for $70 a ticket limited to 200. Win your way into the club while supporting a great cause!

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/totalnuclearannihilation-sweepstakes

#242 3 years ago

This game is calling my name.

#244 3 years ago

pinballstar I can see why YOU like fixed pricing but I'd much rather spend an hour (tops) making phone calls and saving $500. This is not being done because it's "convenient for the customer".

I'm not trying to pick on your business but if it's going to be 6k from anywhere I don't see why people wouldn't get the entirety of that sum to Spooky who is actually making and supporting it. I'm trying to figure out what spooky gets out of it when they're doing direct sales and shipping to send out games to a middle man and make smaller margins. Being able to sell more since distributors will stock them without buyers already lined up?

#245 3 years ago

Pinballstar can provide Spooky a presence at far away shows like Allentown and York without having to travel there, buyers from Pinballstar can build up a leverage when buying more games such as JJP or other things they sell.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

pinballstar I can see why YOU like fixed pricing but I'd much rather spend an hour (tops) making phone calls and saving $500. This is not being done because it's "convenient for the customer".
I'm not trying to pick on your business but if it's going to be 6k from anywhere I don't see why people wouldn't get the entirety of that sum to Spooky who is actually making and supporting it. I'm trying to figure out what spooky gets out of it when they're doing direct sales and shipping to send out games to a middle man and make smaller margins. Being able to sell more since distributors will stock them without buyers already lined up?

The distributor can choose to add their own little perks to the sale if they choose. If you buy from Kingpin games he will double the factory warranty, free shipping to vets, etc. I'm sure Joe probably has some other nifty things he can do as well. In the case of Spooky games buy from whoever and you'll receive great support either way.

#247 3 years ago

It's also my understanding that Joe at Pinball Star really helped Spooky pinball in the beginning of the start of Spooky Pinball. He really helped them get the word out on AMH by showing off his personal game at shows. I believe this lead him to be Spooky's first distributor.

#248 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the highest reactor reached has been on this game? I believe 5 is on any stream but I am curious if anyone has made it to any higher reactors off stream?

#249 3 years ago

I find that to be a funny question (humorous) as I (KingPin Games) am also the Tech Support department for Spooky Pinball.

And he's really good at it too! Turning over support to anyone else was something I was terrified to do. I would answer tech at 1 a.m. on New Years night (really did that). I've always gone out of my way to help anyone be happy with their game, and we still do that here. Chris is one hard working and crazy knowledgeable dude... we are lucky to have him.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone know what the highest reactor reached has been on this game? I believe 5 is on any stream but I am curious if anyone has made it to any higher reactors off stream?

Reactor 7 has been started with glass on and default settings. It is just a matter of time now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
There are 7245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside