(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 239.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I’ve had a similar stuck ball situation.

Ha, that's pretty awesome!

Just had my best ball on TNA ever, past my prior high score of a little over 3.5 million on the ball 1 (included 2 extra balls, I have replay set to reward one as well and on reactor 3), ended up a little over 5 million, only that darn D target away from clearing reactor 4. Was pretty intense, and it's awesome whenever I restart multiball without draining, which I think I managed twice in this game. Scores going up for sure, have cleared reactor 4 before but only scored 2.5 million doing it. 95% of my games are single player, the rest are with my girlfriend, I've never even started a 3 or 4 player game, I need some friends or something LOL

speaker lights and grill supposed to show up tomorrow, should be cool.

IMG_20180425_201048 (resized).jpgIMG_20180425_201048 (resized).jpg

#2352 5 years ago

Nice!! I got the speaker grills but can’t figure out how to install them. Any info?

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Nice!! I got the speaker grills but can’t figure out how to install them. Any info?

KT sent me this today, looks pretty straight forward once you look at it a bit.

TnA Speaker Kit Instructions (resized).jpgTnA Speaker Kit Instructions (resized).jpg

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Not on a plastic but this one took a surprising amount of "nudging" and a warning to get undone.

I know the feeling.

IMG_0632 (resized).JPGIMG_0632 (resized).JPG

#2355 5 years ago

No good stuck balls conversations without this...

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I know the feeling.

Ok Billy Mitchell...I'm gonna need a video before I acknowledge this one is legit.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I know the feeling.

That picture kinda reminds me of the hot tub photo.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok Billy Mitchell...I'm gonna need a video before I acknowledge this one is legit.

Yeah, and not from mame either! Lol

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Apart from the un-likelyhood of 4 balls getting stuck trying to exit at the same time, the reactor is not even active. So what are the chances of getting all 4 balls up there at all?

#2360 5 years ago

Does anyone have the measurements on a folded up TNA? I'm trying to figure out if I can fit this in my hatchback. I'm positive it'll fit with the head off but I'm trying to gauge if it might fit in as a whole.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Dude!! You can see the reflections of the lights off the glass!!

No glass was pulled for this photo!!

#2362 5 years ago

The sensitivity of my pop bumper switch seem to drop a lot yesterday. Quick look under the pf with switch test and it seem like it's making contact but doesn't register the switch until I press harder on the skirt. Am I missing something here? Didn't want to mess with adjustment in case it's something else.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

The sensitivity of my pop bumper switch seem to drop a lot yesterday. Quick look under the pf with switch test and it seem like it's making contact but doesn't register the switch until I press harder on the skirt. Am I missing something here? Didn't want to mess with adjustment in case it's something else.

clean the contacts, maybe it got a little bit of manufacturing oil on it or something. Clean with a business card.

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The problem with getting on the list is this. Getting on it today puts you in fall. You pay 1000 bucks today and then because of the way the world works one shows up for sale tomorrow and now you are in a great dilemma. Lose the 1000 or wait even though there’s one available

That's my problem too - I want to get in line but you know the way this place works. One min later there is a TNA for sale. I just missed one two weeks ago selling his spot in line. Would have been all over that!

#2365 5 years ago

TNA is the hottest game on the streets!! Don't let anyone fool you.....

#2366 5 years ago

Sorry if this was asked before.....is this game sold out? Can you still buy one? If so, where? Hard to find disty info on their website.

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Can you still buy one? If so, where?

On the website - email them [email protected]

Also Chris from Kingpin Games is a Spooky Distributor and does tech support for them and he's active on Pinside :

https://www.kingpingames.net/

They haven't stopped taking orders yet. There is a waiting list as orders come in.

LTG : )

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Sorry if this was asked before.....is this game sold out? Can you still buy one? If so, where? Hard to find disty info on their website.

Thanks LTG

This is an unlimited run (for now). You can order the following distributors/companies

Spooky Pinball (WI)
KingPin Games (WI)
Pinball Star (PA)
Nitro Pinball (WA)
Rob Anthony (MO/MT)

Ordering today would probably have a game to you around September. You can check with Pinball Star / Nitro as they ordered larger allotments and may have some in the queue that are still available, otherwise just order from anyone you are comfortable with.

#2369 5 years ago

Trying to install my lighted speaker kit. One of the delicate tabs on the 3D printed speaker mount didn't survive shipping.

So, while I try to glue that, I was working on the other side. First thing I notice is that the tiny notch in the 3D printed speaker mounts is no where near large enough to route the 4 wires thru and keep everything flush. Do I need to dremel this out?

#2370 5 years ago

This doesn't look like what I have. My slot is perpendicular to circular mount and too small for the 4 wires. Also, no screws were included, but I'm assuming I just use the original ones.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2371 5 years ago

I just finished installing mine. Used the screws that were holding the speaker down as this spacer replaces the old one. i did make the notch bigger so I didn't have to mess around with the wires so much. They looks damn nice.

#2372 5 years ago

Dremel tool it was. Enlarged the tiny slots so the 4 wires could fit thru.

The bolt pattern on the new 3D printed mounts measured a couple mm larger than the originals which was odd.

Looks good but you can see the LED strips at the bottom from my viewing angle.

#2373 5 years ago

Will Spooky install those speaker grills at the factory? Also, does anyone know what number we are on?

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Will Spooky install those speaker grills at the factory? Also, does anyone know what number we are on?

Yes they will if you email and order them

Don’t know what # as of now

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Quoted from cooked71:

Apart from the un-likelyhood of 4 balls getting stuck trying to exit at the same time, the reactor is not even active. So what are the chances of getting all 4 balls up there at all?

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that by the time an old man like Bryan could figure out how to use the camera on his phone, the reactor had cooled down and timed out!!

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Dremel tool it was. Enlarged the tiny slots so the 4 wires could fit thru.
The bolt pattern on the new 3D printed mounts measured a couple mm larger than the originals which was odd.
Looks good but you can see the LED strips at the bottom from my viewing angle.

Did you keep the speaker mesh material on?

I’m going to I think it will help tone down the light brightness and help preserve the apparent brightness of the screen while hopefully obscuring the led strips a bit.

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I’m going to I think it will help tone down the light brightness and help preserve the apparent brightness of the screen while hopefully obscuring the led strips a bit.

The mesh would normally be behind the LEDs, though. The mesh sits on the back side of the speaker panel, and the LEDs sit along the edge of the cutout.

I installed mine last night, and the jury is still out on the LEDs. I love the grills, but as audihere said, the LEDs along the bottom edge are in direct view and a bit glaring. I'm wondering what it would be like if the spacer was printed from clear filament and was solid along the inner ring area.

#2378 5 years ago

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious in the thread or when playing the game, but just found out there's a TNA on location here locally. Went to play and couldn't figure out how to start co op mode. I'm sure I'm missing something easy. Would love to try that out next time I'm there playing!

#2379 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The mesh would normally be behind the LEDs, though. The mesh sits on the back side of the speaker panel, and the LEDs sit along the edge of the cutout.
I installed mine last night, and the jury is still out on the LEDs. I love the grills, but as audihere said, the LEDs along the bottom edge are in direct view and a bit glaring. I'm wondering what it would be like if the spacer was printed from clear filament and was solid along the inner ring area.

Oh right. Anyway to mount it under the new faceplate on the front?

#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Oh right. Anyway to mount it under the new faceplate on the front?

You could probably trim it down to just smaller than the grill, then sandwich it between the grill and speaker panel. I feel like it might take away from the look, though.

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious in the thread or when playing the game, but just found out there's a TNA on location here locally. Went to play and couldn't figure out how to start co op mode. I'm sure I'm missing something easy. Would love to try that out next time I'm there playing!

Press and hold the Start button when you want to start a game and it will enter Coop mode. Press and hold again to enter vs. mode.

I do think this feature would be a lot more discoverable on location if there was a menu on the lcd when you started a game. We have flipper buttons to navigate with, why not use the lcd to clearly show all the gameplay options?

On location people aren’t willing to risk paid credits messing around with the start button.

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Depends on each operator but hopefully the code has been updated.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You could probably trim it down to just smaller than the grill, then sandwich it between the grill and speaker panel. I feel like it might take away from the look, though.

I’d like to see the difference

I’ve never put speaker leds in because I don’t like them detracting from the dmd or scoring screen, but a good balance is what I’ll be after on my tna. I’m having mine installed at the factory, but I will do some modifications if the lights are too bright

#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I do think this feature would be a lot more discoverable on location if there was a menu on the lcd when you started a game.

There IS a screen that describes it during the attract mode rotation. That would let you know if the new software has been installed, and I'm pretty sure it describes how to start a co-op game.

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Press and hold the Start button when you want to start a game and it will enter Coop mode. Press and hold again to enter vs. mode.
I do think this feature would be a lot more discoverable on location if there was a menu on the lcd when you started a game. We have flipper buttons to navigate with, why not use the lcd to clearly show all the gameplay options?
On location people aren’t willing to risk paid credits messing around with the start button.

Using flipper buttons to navigate a menu conflicts with the selectable hands free skillshot. I tried to make it as simple as possible, but will still review this for future code updates to make this more user friendly.

#2386 5 years ago

Thanks guys! Can't wait to play some more.

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Using flipper buttons to navigate a menu conflicts with the selectable hands free skillshot. I tried to make it as simple as possible, but will still review this for future code updates to make this more user friendly.

I was thinking if you press the start button with more than a single credit in it could present a menu where you pick the game mode before the game starts at all. Basically 3 modes to pick from and they could rotate through the options using flipper buttons to change the selection, then press Start again to pick the game mode. Only then does the game cue up, ball enter the shooter lane, etc.

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The instructions say you can reuse the mesh if you want, just put it between the new 3D printed mounts and the speakers. But the tweeter on the speaker protrudes past the mounting flange, so that would stretch the mesh.

The mesh could be cut to go under the new laser cut metal grills, but not sure how good that would look.

#2389 5 years ago

I did put my mesh back between the speaker and the mount and think it looks good, I think it would probably look good behind the metal grills too but that's just my opinion, I'm not taking it back apart to test.

I was just watching some of the tournament play from TPF and have noticed this other times but I'm not always looking for it, but it doesn't seem like people are taking advantage of the dual leaf left flipper during multiball. I just watched two players have balls cradled on the left flipper and shoot a ball into the core to advance the reactor from the right flipper, but make no attempt to flip the ball with the upper flipper while still keeping the cradle. Are they not aware that it has that, or is it too risky, or do they adjust that out for the tournament or what? I do attempt to do this when I play mine, but I'm not a very good player so I may get a couple hits but inevitably I release too far and flip the cradled balls.

Also I figured out that if I do a full pull plunge or even let the auto-plunger plunge the ball around and just hold up the left flipper the ball will bounce off the left flipper probably 8 times out of 10 into the locks. It won't go up far enough to be the first ball locked, but definitely the second and then releasing the multi-ball. Anybody else notice or try this?

#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I was just watching some of the tournament play from TPF and have noticed this other times but I'm not always looking for it, but it doesn't seem like people are taking advantage of the dual leaf left flipper during multiball. I just watched two players have balls cradled on the left flipper and shoot a ball into the core to advance the reactor from the right flipper, but make no attempt to flip the ball with the upper flipper while still keeping the cradle. Are they not aware that it has that, or is it too risky, or do they adjust that out for the tournament or what? I do attempt to do this when I play mine, but I'm not a very good player so I may get a couple hits but inevitably I release too far and flip the cradled balls.

This is what is meant by the term "staged flippers". Most games (at least modern) with two flippers on a single flipper button has this feature. It is definitely an "expert" technique and takes a lot of skill and practice to get good at. I am not good at it and like you say I usually screw it up!
-Jim

#2391 5 years ago

Hey Jim. You still waiting right?

So why are the experts not using the technique?

#2392 5 years ago

I am still waiting... 160, I am getting close! but not contact yet for my money...

because pinball is hard?!

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Keep in mind I don't have any hands on (or eyes on) experience with the detailed workings of a Spooky speaker panels....but from the install pictures, could you just leave the mesh where it is, pull the speaker and put the new light "spacer ring" between the mesh and the speaker?

It seems that would be easier than trying to trim it to go on the front, directly behind the new grill design.

If that is possible....I don't think it would detract from the new grill design at all (since the design is not made to have light shine through the actual design). The mesh being there would probably defuse the light a little bit as it would put the mesh between the lights and yo eyes.

Having said that...I think it would possibly look better between the light ring and the speaker (as they recommend if you want to use the mesh) as that should light the mesh up in the back of the lit area instead of the speaker...giving the whole design / lit speaker area a cleaner and less cluttered look.

Another thing I was wondering about...someone mentioned the speakers tweeters being extended past the speakers mounting points??? If that is the case....how is it mounting flat against the mesh in the first install picture?

In any case...maybe I'm not understanding something or even what this "mesh" is, but it seems it should be easy enough to try it without the mesh, with the mesh directly in front of the light ring or with the mesh between the back of the light ring and the speaker. Let's have one hardworking, brave soul post a picture of it done each way if possible to see how each way looks.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2394 5 years ago

Hey is there supposed to be a spacer between the sub and the speaker mesh? My sub has always seemed a little distorted and took a closer look tonight and the suspension is sitting right up against the speaker mesh, doesn't seem right to me?

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

could you just leave the mesh where it is, pull the speaker and put the new light "spacer ring" between the mesh and the speaker?

Not really. Stock, you have the speaker panel, the mesh, the original spacer, then the speaker. The new spacer sits on the back of the speaker panel and extends into the hole, so the mesh can't sit between them. You could put the mesh between the new spacer and the speaker, but the tweeter extends past the speaker mounting surface, so the mesh would end up touching the tweeter. The mesh is just a soft plastic weaved material.

Here are a couple of pictures that might help clarify things. I didn't take any of the back side, though.

20180428_095651 (resized).jpg20180428_095651 (resized).jpg
20180428_100156 (resized).jpg20180428_100156 (resized).jpg

#2396 5 years ago

Here are a couple lit pictures with the mesh behind the spacer. Tough to take decent pics of the light, but I like the lit mesh effect.

IMG_20180428_084637 (resized).jpgIMG_20180428_084637 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180428_084034 (resized).jpgIMG_20180428_084034 (resized).jpg

#2397 5 years ago

^^^^ I like that too! I am going to swap my mesh back in.

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I am still waiting... 160, I am getting close! but not contact yet for my money...
because pinball is hard?!

#157 here. Yeah, we should be getting fairly close.

Had my PBL add ons sent directly to Spooky for installation.

#2399 5 years ago

Dem Grillz @ Ale Asylum

IMG_20180427_135633 (resized).jpgIMG_20180427_135633 (resized).jpg

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

^^^^ I like that too! I am going to swap my mesh back in.

It looks bitchin, could you have the factory default to this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.